Start by marking “Beautiful Monster” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Monster

Beautiful Monster

(Beautiful Monster #1)

Liam Swift is a young man Amy has always admired from afar. She's seen his face a thousand times; on the screen and in magazines. He seems unstoppable as his talent and beauty send him hurtling toward becoming a Hollywood legend...

Until one day - in what appears to be a fit of madness - he stuns the world by throwing it all away. Not even the most persistent reporter can f
Kindle Edition
Published January 7th 2014 (first published May 13th 2013)

Start your review of Beautiful Monster
Candace
It has been a while since I read a Bella Forrest book and this one had been sitting on my Kindle shelf for quite some time. Knowing only that the hero was a vampire, I was sure that this would be one hot, steamy read. After all, vampires are known for their sexual prowess. Right?

Unfortunately for me, this wasn't exactly the salacious sex-fest that I thought I was signing on for. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice story. It just wasn't what I was expecting or what I was in the mood for.

'Beautiful
Sylvia
I am truly grateful to have been asked to read this book for my honest opinion and feedback. I love being a BETA reader and to be asked again, is such an honour. I wish to thank the amazing Bella Forrest, for trusting me and my opinions.

Beautiful Monster is a story about a young girl who has lived a very sheltered and restricted life. You see, Amy is not normal 18 year old, but a teen who has been living with the virus HIV, which she was infected with from the womb. Her mother, died when she wa
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This is a very sweet story of an 18 year old girl named Amy. Amy is HIV positive, she has been since birth. Her father is a chef for a very prestigious acting school. He raised her as a single parent and home schooled her, keeping Amy at home, safe and protected. Amy and her father live right next door to the school, so while her father was in the kitchens hard at work, Amy would secretly roam the hallways of the school, quietly slipping into the backs of the classrooms and listening in on the c ...more
Erin

It's not often that I come across a vampire story that I can honestly say is something entirely unique and original, but Bella Forrest has done it yet again! I am a HUGE fan of her Shade of Vampire series, and now she's gotten me hooked on her latest tale with the mysterious and sexy Liam Swift!!

With Beautiful Monster, we have a vampire love story that is entrenched in the unforgiving world of theater, with Hollywood heartthrob Liam right at the center. He may have left the fame behind to virtua
Sky
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the cover that first captivated me. I felt a pull, a need to discover the story withheld in the loving, embracing expressions. The title just makes it even more intriguing. Though later as you read on, you realize the characters aren't portrayed as described. It doesn't affect the story line, though.
The synopsis grabbed me as well, my love for theater is a great one, vampires and theater! Different, yet curious!

This is one of those fantastical stories where two complete opposites collid
Ashleyjo
Dec 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I was a fan of Bella's "Shade" series, but "Beautiful Monster" was a disappointment to say the least.

Authors should take a lesson from this book: NOT everything unique is necessarily good.

A vampire that acts like a wolfie and had a BFF and lover with AIDS may be unique, but it just sucked 1000x worse than any twinkling vampire could possibly ever suck.

The plot... well, I guess there would have to be a plot for me to call it bad, right? There were a few lose themes - a headmaster vampire who's
Nicole
I'm slightly worried that I may have read a COMPLETELY different book to everyone else.

I really wish I could give this book 2 stars but frankly I have read fanfiction that is written better than Beautiful Monster with better language, better characters and a cohesive story with few plot holes. Now don't get me wrong, I really admire the whole self publishing thing, that is seriously cool... But... Still! I had a lot of hopes for this story.

*Spoilers*

Firstly, the idea of the headmaster, Liam Swi
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favourite Line “You aren’t going to leave and I don’t have to mourn what would have been”

What a great book! Amy is such a amazing strong, beautiful, loving character that I fell in love with. She will not let her life's circumstances get her down! It's really amazing!! She wants to act and by chance she meets Liam a oh so sexy headmaster of a great acting school who is also a Vampire!!
This story was a page turner that had me wrapped in it from page one! I am dying for the next one!! BRAVO MS. FO
Fre06 Begum
This book was just strange I felt like it was a different Bella Forrest who wrote this book I just felt no connection or anything to any of the characters a far cry from her Shades series.
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Fantastic! When it comes to vampires, Bella Forrest definitely knows what she's doing! Goodness.

~~~

Going into this, I was not aware that it was a vampire story. That's probably silly, considering this is BELLA FORREST and the title is Beautiful Monster. It just makes sense. So, I didn't know. But since it was written by Bella, I was okay with it. Actually, I was quite happy about it. Why? Because Bella Forrest writes the most kickass vampire stories ever.

I honestly don't know how she does it. He
Hbeebti
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 This was pretty good. I really liked the how the vampires are described. Human during the day and they die at night and become a vampire. I really liked Liam but Amy was just alright. She got on my nerves sometimes. Her attitude towards Liam was just stupid and she acted jealous of his immortality and would never admit to it. But would have a snotty remark or thought and then try and pass it off as nothing was bothering her. Overall it wasn't bad.
Aly
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was nothing exciting that ever happened in this book.
The enemy vampire wasn't even scary
Maybe I was just too old for this book? But gee I'm only 19 and what 11 year old wants to read about a teen girl making love with her head teacher?
Christina Combs
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story and the characters. Not steamy like the cover suggests!
Nikki
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CeCe
This book was a lot different than I thought it was going to be. I was not expecting the revolution from Liam. I was in complete shock, but I liked that about the book. Anyway, Liam is 23 years old and has decided to give Hollywood a break. He is going to be the new headmaster at a private drama school. Liam is a Hollywood star that the heroine, Amy, has always crushed on. Amy tried out for a part in a play (by accident) and got it. Sparks fly between this teacher and student. And then we find o ...more
Shaz X
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
**Double review for books 1 & 2**

If you’ve been following this blog long enough, you will know that I’m a big fan of Bella Forrest’s A Shade of Vampire series. This time around I have decided to check out another one of her series called Beautiful Monster. Here are 6 reasons why you need to read this series:

* The story surrounds a girl – Amy, who is terminally ill and is such a gorgeous character that your heart immediately goes out to her. She has hopes and dreams of becoming a successful actre
Deborah
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying how much I love the Shade books by Bella Forest to the extent where as soon as I received the email letting me know that Beautiful Monster was available I started reading it even though I was already half way through another book.
This is a different take on the general vampire story, in this they live normal lives through the day turning only at night. The story is about a sheltered girl called Amy who lives with her dad, she is HIV positive and homeschooled. Her dad is a
Devon
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bella Forrest has captivated me once again!

Bella has done an exceptional job building Amy and Liam's characters. We get to see the story mostly from Amy's point of view and she is such a wonderful, brave woman. She didn't let her illness get in the way of her dreams after stumbling into an audition and receiving a scholarship to attend the school.

Liam is such an interesting creature. Bella has created a very unique twist on a vampire. I have never read anything like it and it is totally differen
Heather andrews
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the different point of views in the book, I like getting inside each one of the characters. I loved being in Liam's mind, "if he thought losing his wife was bad, he should try becoming undead and knowing everyone you love will be dead soon enough." Amy's dad I really liked him he reminds me of my Grandma always supporting me for what I do, "if you really want this, then I'll support you. You're right, all your reasons have been right." I really loved Liam he had such a way about him, "wel ...more
Charity
This story is not what I expected. I was expecting Paranormal Erotic Romance...why? because the cover suggests it. There is no reason for there to be a half naked couple on the cover of this story. There is no sexual details in this book...not that I'm saying there has to be...I just thought there would be.

I was a little put off that this was a K-12 school for the arts. I would have been a little more comfortable with it being a special arts school for say the 16-24 age group. The fact that the
Genea
I never have any preconceived notion before reading a book about a common or familiar theme. And even if I did before reading Beautiful Monster, I would have been so off the mark. Everything about this courageously written story was different. I liked that the characters had depth and had real life issues, it made the story even that more compelling. Even the vampire lore strayed from the norm, it had kind of an old vampire lore feel, kinda like Bram Stoker's Dracula. I loved the double prefaces ...more
Angie
I am a big fan of Bella Forrest's Shade of Vampire series. When I realized she started a new series, I was absolutely excited. I stopped a little under halfway through the book due to lack of interest. I feel like the story has potential, but the feelings are automatic (no buildup, no chemistry, etc) and the relationship just moves too fast and isn't that believable.

Amy has always been sheltered by her father. She is home-schooled, doing her schoolwork online due to being born with HIV. Her fat
Gina's Library
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I received this book for a fair and honest review. This is book 1 in the series. This is also the second series by Bella Forrest I've read.

This book was very hard to put down. I wanted to see what was going to happen with Liam and Amy.

I loved the medafore of Beauty & The Beast. Not only is it the school play of the year, it could also be used to describe Liam and Amy.

Amy is a girl that has not let her HIV + status keep her down. She dares to dream and dream big. Amy has always wanted to be an a
April
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Because of this author's writing style, I will read anything she puts out. Beautiful Monster had a cute but different twist on Vampires. The were only monsters at night. It was not as dark and scary as the Shade of Vampire series. I wanted a little bit more blood and guts but regardless I was pleased with this book. It was a light and quick read. I loved the Disney spin of the Beauty and Beast tale in this book. Liam being the Beast and Amy being Beauty. It makes me want to watch the cartoon. I ...more
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
So many things to say... So here is a blurb from my review. To see full review, please check out my blog at Place of Reads .

I find it interesting that this is really one of the first books that I have ever read with at least one HIV positive character, let alone a lead character. But for me, I find that important that I read that. So many people seem to forget that it exists and a lot still think the only way to get it is by sex.

Thank the God above that this didn’t do a “Twilight”! When Amy fig
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I love "A shade of vampire" serie by Bella Forrest but I'm less enthralled by " Beautiful Monster".
Though I liked it because there are interesting an unexpected elements. Amy is chronically sick (HIV) and has been sheltered by her dad her entire life. She never went to school but has a big dream: acting.
She'll soon have the opportunity to join a prestigious acting school and live her dream.
Liam is human but turns vampire once the sun goes down. He is incredibly beautiful and the headmaster of Am
Terry
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bella Forrest has once again proven her amazing talent as a writer with this 1st book in her awesome new Beautiful Monster series. I absolutely fell in love with the main characters, Amy and Liam. They are very special and unique characters with such interesting and heart wrenching backgrounds. This is a story that once you start reading, you will find it very difficult to stop until you are finished-with the ending leaving you desperate for more! So looking forward to once again entering Amy & ...more
Lisa Sandberg

Amy is HIV positive, has been since birth. She lead a sheltered life with her father. Her dream is to become an actress.

Liam is headmaster of the school where Amy's father works and where she would love to study. He is also a vampire.

She accidentally auditions for the scholarship and gets it. So her acting career starts.

She is helped along by Liam and ultimately they become an item. Even after she finds out what he is.

I liked the book, but I didn't love it. It just seemed like it was m
KindleCousins
This book had a ton of potential. But it lacked the ability to pull the readers in. The HIV aspect was antiquated. Treatment has come so far for patients with HIV. People with HIV are no longer skinny and sick looking. Amy is constantly saying she's skinny because of HIV. really? I didn't like the vampire life in this book. Turns into a vampire at night... didn't buy it. It was okay but so much of the book was cheesy and unbelievable.
Tammy Hamilton Green
This book hooks you quickly with its action, building of characters and is just overall very well written. I love it when I can't wait till lunch, a few minutes in the morning before work or late at night when I have alone time and can relax with my Kindle. A book that compels you to sneak in a few minutes here and there says it all. This is one of those books. Now . . . time to load sequel and read till the wee hours of this 3 day weekend.

Bella Forrest is a lover of fantasy, romance, action, and mystery infused stories with twists you don’t see coming. She has sold over seven million books since her first novel was published in 2012.

*LATEST RELEASES*:
☞ A Shade of Vampire: A Gate of Light (Book 91)
☞ Harley Merlin 20: Persie Merlin and the Witch Hunters
☞ Darklight 8: Darkwilds

Sign up to Bella's New Release email list and you'll aut

Beautiful Monster (2 books)
  • Beautiful Monster 2

News & Interviews

“And, in these dreams, I wasn’t sick. I never was. There were no endless needles or pills; no concerned looks and long hours in the doctor’s office. My purse wasn’t filled with medication; I was always full of energy, I didn’t have “bad days.” I was the picture of health and nothing could hold me back.” 3 likes
“He swore,” 0 likes