Start by marking “Strictly Professional” as Want to Read:
Strictly Professional

Strictly Professional

(Strictly Professional #1)

Gabi isn't looking for love. At all. After her disaster of a relationship with Michael, the last thing she needs is another round in the ring. But, a chance encounter with Terrence has her second thinking that. If only he weren't off limits...

Follow along with Gabi and Terrence as they navigate the stages of a relationship that was never meant to go further than a single n
Published January 7th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Strictly Professional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strictly Professional

Nia Forrester
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Strictly Professional was a great read for me. I finished it quickly because the writing was smooth and effortless, and the characters immediately engaging and likable. This was not a shock-and-awe romance, it was a slice of two lives, intersecting--the right man, the right woman, at the right time.

Gabi's got a problem. She has an ambition to pursue a career as a lawyer and her parents and ex-boyfriend believe she should instead become a trophy wife. Desperate to escape them, she moves to Atlan
Delaney Diamond
Gabi and Terrence's story was very sweet. I was engrossed, watching them fall for each other while trying desperately to fight their feelings. Especially Terrence (with his fine self!). Looking forward to Part 2.
Love Belvin
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Strictly Professional” is just a refreshing read. Christina C. Jones’ style is clean and to the point. She expresses wit, intelligence and familiarity with pop culture. Jones was easily able to have me forget about her voice, or her pen, and give way to the characters’ essence, solely. I felt like Gabi and Terrence were friends of mine—until I was ready for Terrance to make yet another move on me…I mean on Gabi!

Terrance was sexy and smooth. Gabi was feisty, smart, and showed vulnerability at ju
Reshemah
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this authors work, and it will not be my last. I absolutely loved Gabi and Terrence's story. I can tell that there is so much more to their story and I can't wait to read it.
Daisa
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christina C Jones can do absolutely NO wrong. My cousin told me she was reading some of her Earlier stuff and you could tell that it was some of her earlier stuff....But Christina's Earlier stuff is JUST as good as her most recent books. Two sexy black lawyers, a 'forbidden' office romance, miscommunication and unrequited feelings. What MORE could you ask for.

Gabi and Terrance were frustrating to read about but their story was too interesting and juicy to put down. Love that is fought for is al
Tiffany
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!!!!

Gabi and Terrence meet for the first time at a bar not knowing that they would be working together. You could feel the chemistry between the both of them immediately. They didn't want to act on it because of their work situation. Gabi and Terrence both had some issues to work through. I thought this was a great book and looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Tammy
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author. The characters were real and the humor from the male and female perspectives was refreshing. I will certainly read more. Mrs. Jones is a welcome voice in contemporary romantic fiction.
Byron Washington
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
NICE READ!!

NICE, heartfelt story. Not as good as the usual CCJ, as it seemed somewhat formulaic, but it was saved by likable characters, even though they were dumb as hell!!

Well worth the cost.👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥
J.L. Campbell
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
STORY LINE: Gabi and Terrence are young, upcoming professionals who are interested only in their career. Gabi's life is complicated by her domineering parents, who have other ideas about what she should be doing with her life. Terrence has his eye on advancing his position, so when he meets Gabi, a relationship is not on his mind or part of his priorities. He wants to keep things Strictly Professional.

PLAYERS: Sweet and good-natured, Gabi looks forward to proving that she can survive on her own
Taylor
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gabi, has recently passed the bar and ready for a new everything. After dealing with some major events in her life she decides it's time to try to live for herself. She moves to Atlanta. Hoping to start over and make a name for herself as a lawyer there.

Terrance, has had some terrible things that has happened in his life. He has avoided heartbreak for the most part. He always state he is focused on his career. He was doing good staying focus until someone new walks in his life and sweeps him off
Dee Cherry
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I thought Strictly Professional was a nicely written love story about 2 people who truly belonged together. The story had interesting characters & a great fllowing storyline. What are the chances of meeting someone new at a bar & then end up working with them? In the beginning, I thought Gabi & Terrance did a great job of keeping their feelings for each other out of the workplace even while working very close together. Gabi was a strong willed young lady that refused to allow her par ...more
Wilki J
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A new city brings new freedoms for Gabi. With a new job in tow, she is stepping into her own and keeping it strictly professional. However that is a hard task as she finds it difficult to keep attractions from blossoming in the workplace. A chance encounter and even closer quarters make that a hard pill to swallow when she meets Terrance. Will it be business as usual?

I enjoyed this read a lot. It was light and refreshing which made it a quick read for me. There were some moments of drama but it
Texas Diva
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A genuinely sweet romance

Gabi and Terrance try to keep it strictly professional but chemistry that hot cannot be denied. That doesn't stop them from trying. Throw in family drama, secrets, and a crazy ex and that makes for a good read. This is my second book by Christina Jones...and I'm digging her style. Cannot wait for Gabi and Terrance's second story. Hopefully it's a HEA. good job Ms. Jones.
Priscilla
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and it was a quick read. It was a prime example of love at first sight. I felt Gabi was a very intellegent person and has a great deal of book sense. I almost thought she lacked a little common sense until she really stood up to her parents and put her foot down about how she was going to live her life. I would say overall it was a really great book and I am looking forward to part 2 or anything else by Christina C. Jones.

Mary
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
First time reading this author and enjoyed this book. This was a sweet love story between Gabi and Terrence that took a long time to develop because they were co-workers. Their story continues in the next book.
Yvonne Bailey
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Terrance and Gabi had me at hello. I loved the normalcy between these two and was a little upset when the book ended so quick. I'm hoping book two will shed some light on a few things.

Job well done Mrs. jones.
Dahlia Savage
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story. A good love story that flowed well with likeable characters, good supporting characters and antagonists that make you shake your head and maybe even want to slap theirs. I look forward to reading the next phase in Gabi & Terrence's story.
Renee
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a goodread something different Gabi and Terence showing no matter your social status you can love who you want.
Msfontan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. I liked how the characters were true friends to each other and that friendship grew into love.
Makita Wilcox
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book. I will def be looking out for the second one in this series. It would be cool if Dorian and Regina had a story, too.
Lialeh Blue
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I enjoyed reading Gabi and Terrence's story. They were so cute together. To bad they fought their attraction for each other for so long. Terrence was such a gentleman and was such a sweetheart. I couldn't believe how Gabi's parents kept trying to get her to do what they wanted her to do even though she clearly wanted to do her own thing! It's sad she had to kick them out of her life. As always great book Mrs Jones!
reneeNaDaBomb
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sexy-alpha-hero
I liked this story line about two hard working lawyers, Gabrielle (junior partner) and Terrence (a senior partner), at her uncle's law firm in Atlanta. Gabi ends up with a year long assignment to work court cases and learn legal procedures as well as gain valuable work experience with Terrence's guidance. Of course they find themselves attracted to one another and began dating but kept it strictly professional.
Daphne
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gabi and Terrence

I did not expect that little twist towards the end. I could not stand her parents, especially her mom. I'm reading everything I can by CCJ, loving the real life, real careers, real issues, real romance.
Rena
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story

This was a good story between Terrence and Gabrielle. I was so glad that she finally stood up for herself with her parents. They absolutely rocked my nerves. I'm ready to read what happened next.
Angela
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🥰🥰🥰💕

Damn Terrence I’m so mad, why did you cheat? I was cheering for you guys, because her parents were bullies, controlling and damn stupid especially her mother. Make him sweat Gabi👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!

Terrance and Gabi were refreshing because of the friendship that formed between them before officially becoming a couple. I haven't read a book where the couple was shown having fun in a long time.
Smile 2 Day
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

When I tell you I was so mad reading this, I wanted to jump through the book and fight Gabi's parents myself! I so loved that her beau was a stand up guy and defended her til the end. With parents like hers, who needed enemies??!! I can't wait to read Part 2!
Phoenix Brown
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Read this book in one day! Strictly Professional kept me flipping pages wondering what would happen next. Beautiful love story with twists and turns sprinkled throughout to keep my attention.
J.
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ready for book 2

Gabi's parents and Michael are the epitome of trash! I'm so glad she stood up to them and decided to live her life for her! I loved her and T together.
Ashley
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Cute co-workers turned lovers story.

• Happiness In Jersey
  • Maybe Never (Commitment, #3)
  • The Book of Joshua I - Trust (Gems & Gents, #2)
  • Being Barron (Barron Family, #1)
  • Love and Consequences
  • The Realest Ever
  • Cooking Up Love (Arrington Family #1)
  • One More Night
  • King's Pleasure (House of Kings, #3)
  • Worth the Wait (Southern Love #2)
  • I'll Catch You (New York Sabers Football, #3)

Strictly Professional (2 books)
  • Unfinished Business