Start by marking “Thornydevils (Peter Clancy #2)” as Want to Read:
Thornydevils (Peter Clancy #2)

Thornydevils

(Peter Clancy #2)

It is Melbourne 1989. While investigating organised crime, Peter Clancy is caught up in a sinister plot involving drug importation, police corruption, and some very kinky sex.
Along the way, Peter meets a young lawyer and is instantly besotted with her—unlike his friends and colleagues who see something disturbing beneath her wholesome exterior.

Enter the w
Published March 24th 2014 by Campanile Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thornydevils, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thornydevils

Start your review of Thornydevils (Peter Clancy #2)
Melanie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great sequel to Homecountry. I loved reading about Peter again. Although this book can be read on its own, I think it is better to read Homecountry first. That way you can understand Peter better, including his connection to Dave and Sam. Those three are so different, but together it really works.

Just like the first book, this book read like a movie or tv show. You can just picture Peter at a crime scene, arguing with police, gathering information, drinking, being hungover, and solvin
Sven Stormquist
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found it a different style to the first book; probably more polished. The story was more intense and action driven. As for the characters, they were either sympathetic,sinister or intriguing. They were a great bunch of interesting characters.
I liked Slugger the best. This book is funny in places which I thought wasn't supposed to happen in a thriller book but you can't be serious all the time. Peter Clancy, is at his excessive best and it is good he has a girlfriend in this one.
I think
Jennifer Althaus
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Homecountry had them talking but Thornydevils is leaving them speechless ~ Jennifer Douglas

The above phrase is one I posted on Facebook explaining exactly how I felt after reading Thornydevils by TW Lawless. In my review of Homecountry I write ‘ Homecountry by TW Lawless shows the strength of this Australian writers ability to produce a novel that not only captivates but puts you in a place of reality. TW Lawless entertains with humor. drama, love and a little bit of country lunacy.‘
Karen
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Melbourne in the late 1980s, and journalist Peter Clancy is working for The Truth. Which, for those of us who were around in those days, in that place, conjures up a very clear vision. Booze, coffee, dodgy goings on and journalism from the... well extreme-tabloid end of the scale.

After being "promoted" to the Crime Beat and provided with the mandatory police scanner, Clancy is launched into Melbourne's seedy side, way back before mobile phones and the internet made keeping track of e
Ana Pereira
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Set in “marvelous, murderous, Melbourne”, Thornydevils follows the witty sarcastic journalist Peter Clancy as he pursues the story for his new crime column in The Truth, leading him to the sordid side of this corrupted vicious town.
I had not read Peter’s first endeavors in Homecountry; nevertheless, Thornydevils is a standalone book that let me eager to read more of TW Lawless' works. This book was a cleverly written page turner, full of action and twists that surprised me every chapter. Unexpected, this book amazed me from the be
Kathryn
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Set in Melbourne during the late 1980s, Thornydevils is a sexy, action packed romp featuring larrikin and hard living journalist Peter Clancy. Peter likes his booze, his women and his coffee (especially, I suspect from the scene in Townsville, his coffee,) and is an all round decent guy in his own way. Working for Melbourne publication The Truth, Peter has found himself promoted to the position of columnist and in the possession of a police scanner ... and then his adventures with a drug ring be ...more
Kay
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thornydevils, Lawless's sophomore novel, excels. I enjoyed revisiting old friends from Homecountry, as much as I enjoyed the action, which takes Peter Clancy to Melbourne's docks and involves him in the underworld and drug importation. Lawless has his own take on the thriller/crime genre which is real,fast-paced and humorous. While Clancy can't be mistaken for anything other than Australian, he still manages to be universal. Be warned: this is a real I-can't-put-it-down page turner.
Nicole
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
First of all a big thank you to T.W. Lawless for sending me a copy of this book!
Thornydevils is even better than Homecountry; the characters (old and new) are solid and they seem to jump off the page. The plot kept moving along at a good speed, making it a real pageturner. There were some fascinating twists and turns and a couple of shockers along the way. All in all a great read!
Helen
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard-living, burning the candle at both ends, and a heavy drinker - Aussie journalism at its lower end, but you can't help loving the character. It seems too good to be true when he meets this incredibly beautiful, intelligent lawyer in the course of investigating corrupt police, drug running and a gang war. Thank goodness he has a couple of good mates.
Kitten Jackson
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I like T.W. Lawless's writing style, and I fell in love with Peter Clancy. It has been over a year since I read Thornydevils, but because of the vivid images Mr. Lawless painted with his descriptions, when I think of it, it's like seeing a movie playing in my mind. I was hoping for more romance between... No, I'm not going to do that! Ha! You have to read the book!
Alexandra Bell
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sensational crime thriller. I loved the quirky and sinister characters. I especially loved Concheetah and Ted. I hope they appear again. A top Aussie crime read.
Michael
Jun 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It had potential but went went the wrong way. A story about a writer for a newspaper. It started slow then I thought it was getting better. Suddenly the book turned to the journalist's hedonistic lifestyle and vulgar language. That was enough for me and quit reading.
rod rogers
rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2014
Lally
Jan 08, 2018

• No Man's Land (Russell Carter #1)
  • The Fallout (Wyatt, #6)
  • Shades of Death: A Mystery
  • The Scene of the Crime
  • The Trojan Dog
  • The Moche Warrior (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #3)
  • In the Evil Day
  • The Mister Trophy (Markhat, #1)
  • Where Serpents Lie
  • Innocent Little Crimes
  • Crown of Serpents
  • Winner Lose All
  • The Skeleton in the Grass
  • Soul Cutter
  • First Frost (Neighborly Affection, #3.5; Dino Martini, #2.5; Highlander Heat, #0.5)
  • Get Inside Her: Dirty Dating Tips & Secrets from a Woman on How to Attract, Seduce and Get Any Female You Want
  • The Ragtime Kid
  • Tulagi Hotel

I was born and raised in northern Australia, spending my formative years on family cattle stations. I am proudly of Irish, Scottish, English and Iberian ancestry.
I was a Registered Nurse for nearly thirty years but after a major health crisis in 2011, decided to follow my passion of becoming an author.

I am the author of the Amazon best- selling, multi-award nominated Peter Clancy seri

Peter Clancy (5 books)
  • Homecountry (Peter Clancy #1)
  • Blurline (Peter Clancy #3)
  • Dark Water ( Peter Clancy#4)
  • Flamekeeper (Peter Clancy #5)
“Peter smiled as Concheetah sashayed across the ballroom floor
Concheetah sashayed towards him, wriggling her hips, full lips in a pout, followed obediently by the tentative, Tapping Ted dressed in tight shorts and singlet. Tapping? Tapping because he always wore conspicuous, tap-dancing shoes in the club.
Was Ted going to rip up the stage as a mincing Irish dancer or maybe perform a Gene Kelly routine or the Swan Lake ballet in taps? It was terrible to imagine. Peter bit his lip at that thought, hoping he wouldn’t burst into howls of laughter.
He had noted after coming to several shows, that Ted usually stood at the side of the stage ready with a drink of champagne and an encouraging word and a dry towel to mop Her Highness’s face. And he always cried during the
show’s finale, Abba’s Dancing Queen. Poor Tapping Ted.”
2 likes