Start by marking “Plumdog” as Want to Read:
Plumdog

Plumdog

(Plumdog)

A gift that will bring cries of delighted recognition from anyone who has ever owned a dog and, dare one say it, charm the pants off even those who strongly prefer cats.

Hello. My name is Plum and I’m a whoosell – that’s whippet mixed with Jack Russell and poodle. I especially like swimming, leaping, catching, and croissants, and my favourite fragrance is fox poo. I live wi
Published October 2nd 2014 by Jonathan Cape

To ask other readers questions about Plumdog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plumdog

Caroline
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
A charming book of whoofy anecdotes, comprising a year in the life of Plumdog, Emma Chichester Clark's raggle-taggle and much-loved dog. Her illustrations, accompanied by tenderly observant writings are often superb. Herewith a few examples.

Words Wmma Chichester Clark xoubrr

Words Emma Chichester Clark prrbrr

Words An Dog Emma Chichester Clark rrye

A special treat for me were her full page, more detailed paintings...

Sky rain Emma Chichester Clark xoub

But.....

I wish the book had been half or a third of the size that it was. I started off thinking "Wow, I have got to buy this as a birthday present for every dog animal lover I know, but
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I really loved this book. The cover is so beautiful, I found myself giving it little hugs, as I do all of my books :)

The illustrations are so sweet. I love how the author wrote the book to where it looks like someone is writing in a journal in pencil. But Plum says it's her blog, yes she writes a blog, or so she says in the book :D

Plum's mom is named Emma and she writes books. Plum has all kinds of friends in the book and she always spends a lot of time with
Rehan Abd Jamil
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
A dog's diary! loved it. Woof woof!
Gwendolyn Kensinger
I really enjoy the design of the book, the illustrations & even the story. However there wasn't an overall point to the story other than showing snippets from Plum's life. And I must say that dog leads a pretty fantastic life.
Anna
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is so cute, pls read
Katie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
made my day! i should think more like a dog from now on.
Christine
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable, witty, funny, and sweet! Plumdog has won my heart. She is a fitting main character for my first completed book of 2018: quirky, uplifting, yet realistic with all of her canine foibles. Five full stars! I look forward to the other books in the series.

More to follow...
Devon H
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the cover I was drawn to this book, but I was even more amazed when it arrived in the mail. It is beautifully bound with a headband and signatures, something that is not often found these days. The trim on the inside pages match the cover. This is a beautifully crafted book. Unfortunately this means I probably wouldn't share it with kids, because I think it's too beautiful, but this is a perfectly good read for adults, too.

Clark's illustrations are beautiful. Her writing is fas
Vivek Tejuja
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t had a dog, or had a dog or still have a dog or in general love dogs, then “Plumdog” is the book for you. “Plumdog” happened to me on a Sunday at Wayword and Wise as I was browsing their shelves and chanced upon this little gem.

I wasn’t aware then that Emma had a blog about her dog Plum that she updated quite regularly if not daily, neither was I aware that it was about the daily ongoing of life as seen through her dog Plum. And might I add that this book is a graphic novel, which
Sara Weather
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The Good

Immediately when I unboxed the graphic novel Plumdog I was amazed by the design of it. Looking at it made me very excited to jump right into reading the story. The art intrigued my curiosity to read it immediately and all I have to say is the best part of this book was the unboxing and looking at the artwork.

The Bad

Although the artistry of this graphic novel was visually appealing it did not live up to the excitement that I felt when I opened the box and saw it for the first time. The st
Molly
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an illustrated diary narrated by Plumdog, Emma's dog. Plum is adorable, as are her adventures. She loves swimming and rolling in awful things, as well as her many canine companions. I ended up giving a copy of this to my mother-in-law because it is so damn cute. I hadn't read any of Emma Clark's Blue Kangaroo books previously, but because her art is so cute, I am going to have to do so now!
Sara-Jayne
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a puppy named Plum and her adventures throughout one year. My face the whole time was basically 😍 and I kept saying aloud, alone in the apartment, "AWWWW!" Plus the illustrations are beautiful. So yeah. Go read it, it's absolutely adorable.
Karys McEwen
My heart is bursting with how much I love this book. I am well and truly a cat lady but this canine graphic novel is one of my favourites of all time. I laughed all the way through and did a few happy cries. A must read!
Victoria Wilton
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favourite book of all time.
Barbara Hackel
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For any dog lover this book is a treasure of truisms and laughter. The art work is perfect-capturing both human and dog actions and reactions so well. If you happen to have a medium sized black dog, especially one with scruffy facial hair and high energy, this book is for you. A year of adventures and hours of fun. I bought the hardback copy and I am so glad because I can share it with family and friends. Emma sure knows her dogs! Good for all ages and can be read a few pages at a time to younge ...more
Esmay
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, nonfiction
What a lovely book about a lovely dog! I borrowed this book from a friend, but I think I'm going to buy a copy myself. Mainly because Plum's adventures made me smile a lot. She reminded me a lot of my own dogs. They are just as hilarious as Plum.

The only thing I missed was a 'main' storyline. Maybe it would have been more exciting if it wasn't written like a diary? Now it's just a simple account of what happened from day-to-day.

The fact is that Plumdog is very enjoyable to read. A perfect gift
Robyn
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved the concept and as a dog owner myself- it really made me laugh! Emma really captures the idiosyncracies of dog life.
I didn't think the couple of instances of bad language were necessary though. It annoyed me- why bother, when the rest of it is so nice and child-friendly? But that would be my only criticism. As a cosy cuddle-up-with-a-hot-chocolate kind of book, it was excellent.
Rachael
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Brilliant graphic novel of one year in the life of plum. Plum tells of the highs and lows of her life over the course of the year. We meet all her dog and people friends and follow all their adventures. Told from the dog perspective this is a must read for any dog lover. Heart warming and enchanting.
Wilde Sky
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
The diary of a dog with illustrations by her owner.

This was and an easy / quick read and the illustrations were good - there was quite a bit of humour as well.

Probably a good present for people that are really into dogs, for the rest of us is probably one to borrow from the library.
Hung
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So charming. So funny.
Jamie Sands
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
perfection. beautifully illustrated diary of a dog <3
Kim Johnson
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely heartwarming! A graphic novel of sorts for adults - dog journal, illustrated by the author, with a little language for entertainment and truth in content!
Kitty
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I think this would be great for children and people who truly love dogs. I thought the art was pretty gorgeous, but got a little too bored of reading about a dog's quotidian life.
Andy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite dog in the book (besides Plumdog) is Jakey.
Kelly Roark
this is a very charming little book
Lindsay
ZOMG how freakin' cute.
Nadia Carrim
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful slice-of-life comics from Plum’s fun perspective!!
Raymond Nakamura
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute illustrations of a dog that looks like ours. About a year in the life from the dog's POV.
Jackie Mancuso
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plumdog is adorable. terrific illustrations.
Alison
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the most adorable books, ever 💗
« previous 1 3 next »

• Weekends with Daisy
  • Once I Ate a Pie
  • Owls: Our Most Enchanting Bird
  • Slugs in Love
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • Saving Audie: A Pit Bull Puppy Gets a Second Chance
  • A Perfect Day
  • A Mama for Owen
  • Peanuts: A Golden Celebration: The Art and Story of The World's Best-Loved Comic Strip
  • The Rime of the Modern Mariner
  • The Bureau of Misplaced Dads
  • A.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial Novelties
Education:
Chelsea School of Art, B.A. (with honors), 1978;
Royal College of Art, M.A. (with honors), 1983.