Start by marking “French Kisses” as Want to Read:
French Kisses

French Kisses

To the outside world, Rachel Thompson has it made: a wealthy husband, a successful career as an artist, and a to-die-for house in the middle of rural France.

That is until her husband Michael hits 40, discovers his inner love-rat and runs off with the kids' young, skinny dance teacher.

Determined to ignore her friends’ advice to up-sticks and move back to England with her
Published December 10th 2013 by Endeavour Press

To ask other readers questions about French Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about French Kisses

Start your review of French Kisses
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
I read this in the French Kisses and a London Affair collection.
What a wonderfully uplifting book this is! This is the first I have read by Jan Ellis and I can say without a doubt that it will not be the last. French Kisses and a London Affair are two heart-warming stories about two completely different women, both at different stages of their lives who find love without looking for it in the most unexpected places.

The first part follows Rachel’s story, after years of happy marriage which
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
French Kisses is a lovely romance, set in France. Rachel is stuck in a bit of a rut, until her friend suggests she turns her farmhouse into a B&B. All of her friends help with the rooms, and its lovely to see a house turn into a business.

Rachel has an errant husband, who now lives with his new partner, although he is determined to help out with the new business if he can. Then there is also the nephew of the framer she uses for her art prints, so is in the village for a short while, from
Teresa
Delightful, easy to read, short story! (I think it's a novella)

Living in a quaint town in France, Rachel, newly divorced, is trying to get her life back on track after her ex-husband's sudden departure to a new woman, and new family. She soon discovers she has admirers, but which one does she most admire?
Sophie
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2015...

After reading An Unexpected Affair and A Summer of Surprises earlier this year, I was looking forward to reading another Jan Ellis book, especially since we get to meet some familiar characters again. French Kisses was another lovely, relaxing read with a setting ideal to escape into and a light-hearted story there to put a smile on your face for a few hours. I really love the way Jan builds up a story. Although the story starts off slowly,
Linda Hill
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
When artist Rachel’s ex Michael has a baby with his new and much younger partner, the whole of the French village where Rachel lives think it’s time to give her a new project, preferably with a new man and so Rachel opens Tournesol Guest House.

French Kisses is a lovely light, romantic novella just perfect for the beach or, as I did, for reading on a long haul flight.

Alongside characters to care about with Rachel as a down to earth person anyone would be pleased to have as a friend, there’s
Isabell
Originally written for dreamingwithopeneyesreviews.blogspot.de

Find the original review here: http://bit.ly/1mpGmbW

3.5 rating for French Kisses

I enjoyed this very light read. You can finish this one in one sitting if you have the time.

The story is set in France. In Pelette to be exact. A small little village in the middle of nowhere. It was nice to read about this place. It makes you want to visit it to have a relaxing holiday right away.

The story is devided into two parts. Ellis is writing about
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Contemporary Romance is such a difficult genre to please me. I either get something that knocks my socks off or it is just 'meh'. Unfortunately for me, this book falls into the second category. There is nothing BAD about this book but there was nothing for me that was outstanding. It was a pleasant read - sort of like how someone says that so-and-so isn't good looking but they have a great personality! (And before anyone gets offended, that's been said about me countless times!! A model I am ...more
Sylvia Valevicius
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
A delightful story of British ex-pats living in France and how their lives unfold in the French countryside. Lovely descriptions of setting, dialogue, and frequently amusing characters:

Some characters:

'Margot and Philippe were now sitting up like meerkats, eager for gossip.' Can't you just picture this, haha!

A setting: 'Looking around the room with its long tables laden with food, she felt as though she had slipped into a festive country scene by Pieter Bruegel.' (One of my favourite artists!)

Rebecca Raisin
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this almost in one sitting! It had me completely captivated. I adored the French small town setting and the references to French food and customs.

I thought Rachel, the main character, was amazingly fleshed out and totally relatable. The way in which she handles the hurdles thrown at her were not the usual cliche way which was refreshing. When she turns her house into a B and B a few more surprises crop up which had me giggling and wanting her to find to right guy! (Can't say much without
Katie Oliver
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel is divorced with two children and living in Dreste, a small village in rural France. Although happy - for the most part - with her life and content to paint and sketch designs for a local shop, Rachel knows she's in a routine and is ready for a change.

So when Madame Piquot suggests she start a pension (bed-and-breakfast) for travellers, Rachel decides to fix up her house and give it a go. With the help of a local shop owner, Paul Callot, she's soon ready to open for business. But she
Hannah Symonds
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review. I can honestly say this was a brilliant book by a lovely author. It has taken me a while to read but it is only because I didn't want it to end. This is only Jan's second novel which I couldn't believe. Her first novel is called An Unexpected Affair, so I will definitely be picking that one up. The characters are full of humour and the plot I thought was brilliant. This book is set in rural France and Jan has written about it beautifully so much so I ...more
Aydrea
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
Karen Aldous
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous feel-good read set in beautiful rural France and one I'd thoroughly recommend!
Lily Graham
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was simply lovely. Jan has such a lovely style, and the beautiful French town was just so exquisite, also loved how the humour came through in this book.
Lisa Bentley
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh dear. I’m not going to lie to you folks. I was not enamoured by French Kisses by Jan Ellis. The premise of the story is actually pretty good. Man leaves woman for someone else and woman brings herself back to life by opening up a guest house with a romance along the way. I personally felt that the execution was just weird.

Firstly, I didn’t fall in love with the protagonist, Rachel. As much as you sympathised with her because of her abandonment by her ex-husband I didn’t really particularly
Neats
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
French Kisses is the second novella by Jan Ellis and it's another little gem.

Rachel Thompson has a perfect life in a small town in France until her husband decides to run off with their children's dance teacher!

With the help of friends and family she turns their home into a bed and breakfast rather than moving back to England and her life quickly starts to take off in a whole new direction.

This is another delightful novella which is perfect for an afternoon read. Once again the author has
Jan Ellis
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
For some reason, Goodreads (Amazon?) has got confused. This is my original French Kisses in its winter plumage. To read about the book, search for the summer cover. Annoying, I know . . .
Heidi Winters
Jul 31, 2016
Ann Franks
Aug 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Linking to author profile 11 23 Oct 23, 2014 10:46AM
Goodreads Librari...: New cover 3 20 Jan 08, 2014 01:09PM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding book to my profile 3 164 Jan 01, 2014 06:15AM

• The Photographer's Wife
  • The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
  • Bring Them Home (DS Karen Hart, #1)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Two Times Twenty
  • The Woman in the Lake
  • The Ocean Liner
  • The Tea Chest
Hello readers! My background is in non-fiction publishing and An Unexpected Affair was the first fiction I had written since the age of about seven. Fortunately people enjoyed it, so I wrote A Summer of Surprises, which continues the adventures of my bookselling heroine, Eleanor Mace. Now these novellas are available to enjoy in one luscious, paperback volume! I'm also thrilled to present a ...more