Start by marking “Anne: The Green Gables Complete Collection (All 10 Anne Books)” as Want to Read:
Anne: The Green Gables Complete Collection (All 10 Anne Books)

Anne: The Green Gables Complete Collection

(Anne of Green Gables)

Anne of Green Gables was an immediate success following its publication in 1908. Anne, an orphaned girl, gave author Lucy Maud Montgomery a huge international following. The first novel was followed by a series of sequels with Anne as the central character, all of which are included in this volume (along with two collections of short stories in the same setting, some of ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 30th 2013 by Mapleleaf Books (first published 1915)

To ask other readers questions about Anne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne

Start your review of Anne: The Green Gables Complete Collection (All 10 Anne Books)
Manybooks
Now it has actually taken me years and years to become seriously enamoured and even remotely accepting of e-books and to actively consider them for both purchasing and pleasure reading. But in particular with regard to favourite classic series, and especially for those which I do have the tendency to constantly peruse and reread, my Kindle for iPad App has indeed and truly been a total and very much personally appreciated utter godsend. For now, I can easily and yes usually totally painlessly ...more
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
this collection by Mapleleaf is a good one, containing all 8 of the Anne of Green Gables books, and the two Chronicles of Avonlea books, making for a fun read of 1880's-1910's Canada. It really is almost like a time machine, taking me back to a long bygone era. These really were simpler days (although not always in a good way!)
Selma Van Buren
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From high school years to now, these will always be among my favorites!
王佳欢 Jiahuan  Wang
Alas, it is finally over now. I can't believe that I finished this novel collection. Almost 9 months spent on this novel, it was like taking a English class in high school. As a whole, I did not enjoy reading these 10-books in total, there were times which I felt like give up on reading them any longer, especially the last two merely related novels. Despite the author's beautiful words and reading, the stories are mostly just countryside love affairs or gossips. They are hardly interesting to a ...more
cloudyskye
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
YES!!! I made it!!!
It took me months and months, but it was worth it. I love Anne both as a girl and as a wife and mother.
As for the other stories:
L. M. Montgomery clearly had a bone to pick with people who used emotional blackmail. Rather satisfying storylines ...
Somia
Sep 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
99p on Amazon 16th September 2019
Margrethe
Sep 02, 2015 marked it as put-down
Anne of Green Gables

“If you’ll be a good girl you’ll always be happy, Anne.”

I enjoyed this book so much. It was so funny and heartfelt. I loved Anne. She is such an intriguing character. She made me laugh and cry. Her and Diana’s friendship was so wonderful to read. All her talk about kindred spirits, I could not help but love. I also really enjoyed her relationships with Marilla and Matthew. Especially hers and Matthews.

“Matthew and I are such kindred spirits I can read his thoughts without
Joanne
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Anne. She's so happy all the time! It's such a pick me up book! I would give books #1-8 5 stars but the last 2 books are not relevant to the story and I got quite annoyed with them. Once u get into the story it ends and another begins...took me a while to get through the last 2 as I just wanted to give up!
Vaughan
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: period
I somehow missed these when I was young. When I saw this complete package for only a few dollars on Amazon, I jumped at it. What a delightful slice of rural Prince Edward Island in the time of long ago but not really that long ago. I thoroughly enjoyed Anne's stories.
Martin
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Anne stories, so I was very happy to find the complete set in one place. I'll be happily reading for a while.
Martin
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series. I've never had the whole series in one place at one time until now. Looking forward to rereading it!
Readinggivesyouwings
Love the Anne books, the novel collections were much less entertaining, less interesting and kind of repetitive.
Shanlan Wyngaard
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely series. Fourth time re-reading the series.
Lee Lyons
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This collection took forever to get through...at least it felt like forever. The first few books were entertaining and fun. But after that it was a little repetitive in story lines. The books are very descriptive and poetic. It makes you want to visit PEI to see nature's beauty.
Amber
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite series from my childhood
David
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Of it's time, I really enjoyed this. Some of the descriptive passages go on a bit, but that was the fashion when this was written.
Laesar
May 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not for me
NANCY L RICHTER
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How did I miss this series as a kid? What a wonderful story of family, love and growing up from youth to adult. Each book had its charm and I especially loved the last book. Yeth, I did.
Ola Majewska
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection!

Wonderful collection! I read some of the books for the first time and loved them even more than the original, famous Anne. Anne herself started to be a tad too perfect, predictable and... I personally thought - boring.
I thought the writer stunningly evolved when engaging in other characters and finally putting Anne somewhat in the background.
The ability of the author in creating and faithfully presenting countless characters and their emotional upheavals is absolutely
Muriel McIvor
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the story...hated the reading...Anne voice got inside my head with her constant nattering...this is a book best read not listened to...
Gyoza
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, novels
This is one of those series that I really enjoyed reading and rereading multiple times as a child--even late at night with a flashlight after I was supposed to be asleep! Montgomery's characters and her descriptions of Prince Edward Island and other cities in turn of the century Canada are so real that I had no problem immersing myself in Anne's world. This series is one of the reasons I developed a love of reading.
Amariah Dixon
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating--4.5 stars

Love love love the first book. As well as 2-6. The last two are okay. They aren't my favorites, but they're still good. I have mixed feelings about the 7th one (Rainbow Valley). The last one (Rilla of Ingleside) was kind of sad but it has a nice ending.
Overall, it's one of the best series of all time!!! =DDD (In my opinion)
Kylie Abecca
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read this one because it was a classic - how it became a classic I have no idea. This book is so B-O-R-I-N-G! Yeah okay, so she's a foster kid with red hair that lives on a farm and goes to school. Nothing of true interest actually happens to her.
firecracker2007
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a really long time since I read this series. I loved it when I was a kid. Being middle aged changed nothing. Anne is such a fun character to read. Avonlea is such an idyllic setting. Despite the age of this series, I don't think it will ever really get old.
Amber
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd like to read this again
Chrys Matthews
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected

Initially I had read Anne of green gables and Anne of Avonlea but I hadn't realized that there was more to read in the series. I'm glad I bothered to read this series.
Angela Coombe
Sep 09, 2015
Margaret
Jul 08, 2019
Sep 22, 2015

• The Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #1)
  • Jane Austen: The Complete Collection
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9)
  • 49 Excuses for Not Tidying Your Bedroom (The 49... Series Book 1)
  • The Last Seven Months of Anne Frank
  • Romeo and Juliet (A Shakespeare Story)
  • Anne Frank: Her life in words and pictures from the archives of The Anne Frank House
  • I'm Stuck in Your Kindle!
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Tonight on the Titanic (Magic Tree House, #17)
  • Twister on Tuesday (Magic Tree House, #23)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #4)
  • Carrie's War
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #5)
  • The Children of the New Forest
  • The Faraday Girls
  • One Hundred Eggs for Henrietta
  • All you need is Love: The art of mindful parenting
Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908.

The author of the famous Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, in 1911 after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911

Anne of Green Gables (9 books)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)
  • Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2)
  • Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3)
  • Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables, #4)
  • Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5)
  • Anne of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #6)
  • Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables, #7)
  • Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #8)
  • The Road to Yesterday (Anne of Green Gables, #9)
“Some women's intended from the start to be old maids, and I'm afraid I'm one of them, Miss Shirley, ma'am, because I've awful little patience with the men.” 3 likes
“We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” 2 likes