Start by marking “Karma of the Silo (Karma #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Karma of the Silo (Karma #1-5)

Karma of the Silo

(Karma #1-5)

Hey Patrice ~ I LOVE this story idea! You have my complete blessing.

Hugh Howey, author of WOOL
***
Karma lives in the Silo, deep underground. She lives with a man whom she barely knows and with a name she doesn’t remember choosing. When visions come to her about another husband, another way of life, and another world, Karma struggles to discover what came before.

Published January 15th 2014 by eFitzgerald Publishing (first published January 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Karma of the Silo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karma of the Silo

Start your review of Karma of the Silo (Karma #1-5)
Shawn Powell
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was so sad when I finished the Wool series by Hugh Howey...I wasn't ready to say good-bye to the world of silos that he so masterfully created. Imagine my joy discovering Silo fan fiction, specifically the Karma omnibus by Patrice Fitzgerald! There I was, right back in a silo again, this time #2. I really enjoyed reading about Helen/Karma and her story at the beginning of the move underground. I think the highest praise I can give is that, for the most part, this felt like another episode in ...more
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A lifetime of struggle and beauty and purpose.

I have so many feelings going through me right now. Sadness. Admiration. Frustration. Strength. Anger. Hope. Joy.

I've just finished reading the omnibus and I must say, Helen/Karma is my hero. So many times I wanted her to stir up trouble, to take control, to fight back against the lies and oppression of the IT department (her husband Rick helming it) under the rule of Silo #1, but she didn't do what I expected. She didn't fight the way I thought she
Eamon Ambrose
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Taking on the world of Wool is no easy task and Karma Of The Silo bravely takes on the life story of a significant character from the Wool series who we know existed and while didn’t play a huge part in the original story, the importance of her relationship with one of the main characters reverberates through the history of the Silos

Beginning with the early days of the Silos, the author does a fantastic job of retaining the atmosphere and claustrophobia of life underground and the characters are
Cheryl Minekime
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After the phenomenal success of Hugh Howey's WOOL/Silo series, it was no surprise that others would fall in love with his creation so much that they wanted it to go on and had ideas of their own. The bigger surprise is Hugh not only gave his blessing, but his encouragement as well.

Patrice Fritzgerald's "Karma of the Silo" collection is by no means the first or only WOOL-based fan fiction now available but it certainly ranks up there with the very best. I first read the Karma stories
Colette Chadwick
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Patrice Fitzgerald really nailed it. This is a wonderful Silo story of Karma. It creeps through the years of her life. Of how she remembers, dreams, and comes to grips with her silo life. I realized how much I missed reading Wool, and she pulled me right back into the Silo. Good Job!
Marissa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I really have no idea how to review this. This was my first venture in to fan fiction, so I'm not really sure what I expected, or should have expected. What I got was a decently serviceable story about a woman who lives in one of the Silos, as the first generation of Silo residents. It's a different perspective than what we've gotten through Howey's original works, which is what I was looking for. On the other hand, how to judge a work that's done very little of the very lifting for itself? ...more
Jo Fountain
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

If you enjoyed Hugh Howey's Wool trilogy you have to read this. Really well written, amazing characters who I truly cared for and an even bigger feeling of claustrophobia. I sobbed buckets through the last 14 chapters. I was heart broken, but so proud of her. I really would have liked to know more about the future of silo 2. The silo universe gives so much scope for other stories and I for one am going to look for more fan fiction because I'm still wanting more!
Definitely give this a
Marie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
To put it simply; amazing. I love how this story progress in true Silo style, with each part set in a different part of Karma's life. I love the story of Karma and really hope this gets published in print format someday, because it truly is a perfect addition to the Silo series, as well as standing great on its own.
Annette
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent addition to the Wooliverse, focussing on one of the important but little-featured characters from the Wool series. We get another look at the early years of the Silos, this time in Silo 2. I was very impressed by how well this book fitted the tone of the original books.

A must-read for anyone struggling with Wool-withdrawal!
Jackie
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is great Wool fanfiction that involves a character we learn about in one of the original Hugh Howey novels. It does a great job of making the original series a richer world. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the Wool series.
Bullman
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the WOOL series

I gave this book 5 stars because I loved how Patrice took the main character from outside down into the silo and back out. I also enjoyed the fact the book covered multi generations. Thank you for writing this book.
Nicole
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic addition to the Wooliverse! Don't read it unless you have already read Hugh Howey's Silo series, obviously. But, if you have, don't hesitate to pick this one up – it ties right in with Shift.
Sandra
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karma Rocks

I love Karma and cried and laughed at her brave end. I admired her strength and ingenuity. Her love of her family and bravery to save them and also the forbidden memories of outside before. Excellent writing! Thanks and keep writing!
Myra Italiano
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

What a wonderful way to tell the story of karma/helen and the legacy of freedom that she and her family leave behind.
Heather Duff
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA Fans, Dystopian Fans, WOOLiverse
This year I read a phenomenal series called Wool, you may have read it, you may not, if you are in the latter please go out and read it. If you are in the former you may be having Silo withdrawal symptoms, you may feel the need to discover what went on in the other silos, you definitely have unanswered questions, you need to know what happened!

Now after finishing Dust I was tempted to go back and read all three books again but something caught my eye on Amazon's recommendations for me a series
Anna Mari
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Remembering is dangerous.
Karma remembers. At first, it is just foggy bits and pieces, but soon, she realizes that she remembers the before. Before they were underground in the silo. She remembers the day they were forced underground. She remembers her other husband. She remembers her name before she was Karma.

It's been a long time since I had a book that I couldn't put down and this was one of those books. Once I started reading it, I had to find out what happened next.

Rating: R - Language,
Dick Whittington
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rated-5-stars, 2014
Totally enjoyed this "world of Wool" follow-on novel. Adventures of Karma and Rick who first entered Silo 2 at the beginning and their lives together for the next 50 years. Penned by a new-to-me author whose writing, characters and plot I enjoyed. Hope she continues to explore the world of Wool and look forward to exploring her other works beyond Wool after this introduction. Loved Hugh Howey's original Wool creations and have to thank him for opening up his Wool world for other authors to ...more
K.D. McAdams
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book and fit perfectly with Wool, Dust and Shift. I was totally invested in the characters and loved getting to know them as they adjusted to life underground. This goes on my short list of books I couldn't put down, I read it whenever I had the chance and then was upset that it was over!

For anyone who has not read Hugh Howeys books Karma stands strong on its own. You don't have to be involved in the world of Wool to follow it and understand.
Kimmerie
Chris
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a big fan of "Wool", I'm not quite ready to leave the silo, so I'm lovin' all of this fan-fiction. Patrice Fitzgerald's "Karma of the Silo" is a great story and fits together perfectly with Hugh Howey's series. I also read Jason Gurley's "Greatfall" and enjoyed that as well. They are both great additions to the "WOOLiverse" and I'm looking forward to reading more stories from indie authors.
Brian Lozynski
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really good companion story to the Wool series. Recommended for any fan of the Wool/Dust/Shift series. This writer did a great job of mimicking the same writing style as Hugh Howey - in fact you would maybe never know it was someone else besides him who wrote it.
Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another good piece of fan faction added to the WOOLiverse. Of course, "fan fiction" doesn't seem to do this justice. Exploring the story of Karma (Helen), we get another view of life in a Silo -- this one of the old world just lost and the new world just beginning.
Joanna
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
More Fan-Fic from the Wool Universe, and I loved the back story. Another unique perspective of alternate life and opportunity. Just got a little long towards the end, but was definitely a page turner if you've read the Wool series.
Maia Sepp
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge Wool fan, but I haven't read any other stories set in the Wooliverse - until now. I was pulled in from the first page and stayed up late one night to finish. Compelling characters and awesome writing. Loved it!
Kimberly Mccargo
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book...borrowed it on my kindle so it was free. I have not read any of the "wool" series. But saying that I think I will buy the next in the series because she writes good characters and tells a good story.
Anne
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2014-bir
Wow! Fantastic! Two of the things I normally hate, flashbacks and present tense, but in this book they were just fine. I loved this story, and I hope the author writes more Wool books!
Paula
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked it...Stayed so close to Wool
Kimberly Lund
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very quick read. Excellent reading for fans of the WOOL series by Hugh Howey. I'm not usually one to read fan written fiction but I really enjoyed this journey back into the world of Silo.
Suzanne
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent addition to the Silo literature out there! I love reading about the early days of the Silo! Great work.
Truitti
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
excellent silo adventure !! Write more !!!

• Silo Submerged
  • Going Dark (Silo 49, #1)
  • Shadows (Silo Saga)
  • Deep Dark (Silo 49, #2)
  • Rebel State: Hidden: A Wool Universe Story
  • Dust (Silo, #3)
  • Wool Gathering
  • Dark Till Dawn (Silo 49, #3)
  • Submerged in the World of Wool
  • The Pawn (Silo Saga; Underground #1)
  • Rebel State: The Year One Trilogy: A Wool Universe Story
  • Flying Season for the Mis-Recorded (Silo 49, #4)
  • Rebel State: Silo Dwellers: A Wool Universe Story
  • Recoil (Silo Saga)
  • Sand (Sand, #1-5)
  • Beacon 23 (Beacon 23, #1-5)
  • Staying Alive (The EMP #2)
  • Fighting Rough (The EMP #5)
Patrice Fitzgerald has had many incarnations, including lawyer, writer, publisher, singer, mother, wife, and redhead… though not necessarily in that order.

She has many tales set in the WOOLiverse, and more to come. They include:

The Sky Used to be Blue, Karma #1
Cleaning Up, Karma #2
Deep Justice, Karma #3
Rising Up, Karma #4
Last Walk, Karma #5

SILO SECRETS: Daniel

Be on the lookout for more of

Karma (5 books)
  • The Sky Used to be Blue (Karma #1)
  • Cleaning Up (Karma, #2)
  • Deep Justice (Karma, #3)
  • Rising Up (Karma, #4)
  • Last Walk: a Silo story (Karma #5)
“from thirty-four to the Down Deep lickety spittle.” 0 likes