Start by marking “The Broken Parts of Us (The Broken, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Broken Parts of Us (The Broken, #2)

The Broken Parts of Us (The Broken #2)

Some people search their whole life for a connection -- a reason to be here, and feel life in all of its intensity.. But what if you never wanted to experience that emotion?

Jasper lived his life coldly determined never to fall in love. Some people impact your life in a moment, but will stay in your life forever. What if an irresistible force crashes into you -- not once,
219 pages
Published January 25th 2014 by Ker Dukey (first published January 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Parts of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Parts of Us

Julie

That was fantastic! Quite the thrill because all three of my guys were in this book... a lot! Sammy, Derek, and Jasper but Sammy is still it for me. It's very unusual for me to be panting over two let alone three in one read. I tend to get pulled just one direction and have no interest for anyone else. Here that isn't the case. I loved each character. Another unusual reaction from me that was a real shocker THAT I WAS FREAKIN' FANNING MY GIRL BITS OVER WAS THIS...

Maybe it was because I actually
Jan 08, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this and will now give my spoiler free honest review! I absolutely loved this book, thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. It wasn't what i was expecting after reading The Broken, it was better! I loved that you got to read it from everyone's POV, showing what they were all feeling and thinking in the situations that occurred. It does have m/m and m/m/f situations in it. I have to be honest and say i have only read one other book with this in and i wasn't ...more
Jodi Bibliophile
Nov 17, 2014 Jodi Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
My review for The Broken Parts of Us by Ker Dukey.

Five Beautiful Stars

photo 10463060_10154892163900473_2630556662642484675_n.jpg

Do you ever think of a book that made you feel everything and just want to cry.

Just when I think Ker Dukey couldn’t get any better she gives us The Broken Parts of Us. After reading The Broken and loving it I didn’t think The Broken Parts of Us could top it. Well how wrong was I. It was ten times better in my opinion. It wasn’t your average boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl get married and have 2.4 child
Monica
Jan 28, 2014 Monica rated it really liked it
Book 2 of Ker's Broken Series.

This book focuses on Jasper, Derek and Kyra.

To be 100% honest, i enjoyed this book more than The Broken. There was a great plot with a taste of suspense, and a lot of hot steamy angst ridden sex.

I thought Ker did a wonderful job flowing between the narration. We catch a 360 degree glimpse into each of these characters. Sometimes having so many points of views can be confusing, but I found this so seamless and really made the story come together full circle.

We really
Jacy Goodwin
Jan 08, 2014 Jacy Goodwin rated it it was amazing
The Broken Parts of Us

How do you rate a book that out does any other book you have read? Rating this book on a normal scale is impossible, it is so incredibly unlike any book I have read. The way Ker pulls you in with words...it not only amazed me ...it consumed me. For anyone who has ever had a broken heart, you understand the all consuming pain that comes with it. Not just the emotional but the physical pain. It feels like your heart is being torn out and there's a 100 pound weight sitting on
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★The Broken Parts of Us by Ker Dukey (The Broken #2)

There are so many
 photo 8327958.gif
I was thrilled to learn there was a part 2 to The Broken I loved Jasper and wanted to see him finally get some comfort.

So I was totally excited when I found out it was
 photo tumblr_lmq7rvqIV21qfdwsio1_500.gif

Hatred towards con artists
 photo tumblr_n0888xlnTb1trutuzo1_500.gif

And finally anger
 photo tumblr_mabcvnzyVW1rg3h71o1_500.gif
Is it wrong to wish a character would disappear? Well I don't care. I don't want them in the family. They are in the way.

But over all I really enjoyed this book.
Vickie
Jan 08, 2014 Vickie rated it it was amazing
After The Broken I wasn't quite sure if The Broken Parts Of Us would be able to live up to my expectations. Instead it blew me away. We meet up with Sammy, River, Jasper and Derek 6 years after Dannys death. Sammy and River are having problems with son Michael and still wondering the answer to the cliff hanger ending to The Broken. Jasper's been living with Derek, and he's engaged to Hannah(don't get me started on her!), even though he's more interested in Kyra. I'll be honest and say I wasn't a ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 19, 2014 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
What a well deserved 5 stars!

This is an amazing follow up to The Broken. It has all the ingredients for a great read; suspence, a bit of violence, love, hot as hell male characters and a scorching side of sexy times!

Well done Ker Dukey, you've smashed it again girl! I can't get enough of this woman's writing!
Steph
Jan 08, 2014 Steph rated it it was amazing
What a well deserved 5 stars!

This is an amazing follow up to The Broken. It has all the ingredients for a great read, suspence, a bit of violence, love, hot as hell male characters and a scorching side of sexy times!

Well done Ker Dukey you smashed it again girl! Can't get enough of this woman's writing!
Lindsey Melia
Jan 24, 2014 Lindsey Melia rated it it was amazing
OMG! Ker what are you doing to me! This book had me in bits! The emotions are so raw in this i felt like I was on a roller coaster is some parts of it! AND can I just say that this is HOT. Now I don't mean ooooh yeah there's people getting it on in this book. I mean the type of hot that'll make your whole face blush!

This is part two in the series. And starts off where the first left off. This is Jasper's book. BUT its also Derek and Ky's as well. Someone who works in River's dance studio.

Ky is
Honey Warren
Feb 14, 2014 Honey Warren rated it it was amazing
I just HAD To read this after reading Broken. I was totally shocked at Jasper's story!! It was so unexpected. I loved these characters, they filled me with emotions. Frustration seemed to be the main one ha ha! I just want what I want and hate waiting until the end! The hotness level is pretty darn high, Derek was yummmmmo!! Read this!!!
Kelly
Jan 23, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ker Dukey is slowly shredding me to bits with her amazing stories, but making me all giddy in the sense that I’m absolutely in love with her characters. The Broken (book one) and The Broken Parts of Us (book 2) are the most tear at your guts emotional books I’ve read in awhile, and there’s no way to get around the rawness you feel after reading them.

This is Jasper's story, who I might add, is my new book boyfriend! He’s fighting many inner struggles with some massive roadblocks, and it’s a wond
T.
Jan 27, 2014 T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-received
Woowoo! Loved it!

This is the story of Jasper, Derek, and Kyra.

Jasper is still living with the nightmares of that fateful day where Danny shot him. Luckily he has his roommate and best friend Derek there to help him.

Derek has looked at Jasper a different way but would never do anything about it. He's his best friend and roommate and he knows how Jasper goes. He sleeps with woman after woman night after night.

There comes a time when Jasper looks at Derek differently though he doesn't know why or u
Emma Edwards
Jan 29, 2014 Emma Edwards rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review ,,,

one thing I will say to you about this book is to expect the unexpected ,,, after reading The Broken and meeting Jasper I honestly DIDNOT expect this book to go the way that it did ,,, that said it totally worked ,,, this book is awesome ,,, I loved The Broken and now I can assure you that The Broken Parts of Us is also just as good!!!

Please keep an open mind when reading this book and it is for adults only ,,, remember that everyone is different and un
Lisa
Feb 05, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Holly Shit this book was amazing. I didn't know if I would like this book because there was one before it but this book can totally be a standalone so don't be afraid to read it. However if you are not into the M/M or M/F/M then please don't read it and if you do don't be rude about it. I go back and forth on the M/M situations because sometimes the scenes are terribly written but I can tell you right now this it NOT one of those times. This is the story of friendship that grew to love out of n ...more
A Risque' Affair Book Blog
Jan 27, 2014 A Risque' Affair Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was provide an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The story picks up a couple of years later of book one, The Broken.

Kyra, is a dance instructor/manage at the dance studio "Twinkle Toes". She quickly becomes best friends with River. She is pure, sweet, innocent and falls madly in love with 2 men.

Derick, is a detective. He is a hot alpha male who knows what he wants and goes after it. He is aggressive yet caring.

Then, there is Jasper. Oh god, Jasper!! He is sex on a stick. He is a steamy,
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆
I didn't read book 1 but there were flashbacks and enough allusions to the past that I wasn't lost.

Jasper and Derek are roommates and while Derek is bisexual and can admit to himself he wants Jasper, Jasper is unaware although he feels a strong attraction to Derek he doesn't understand. The turning point is when a couple-night stand of Jasper's, Hannah, announces that she's pregnant (except Jasper always used condoms).

And both Jasper and Derek are attracted to dance studio artist, Kyra who
VROA
May 26, 2014 VROA rated it it was amazing
Let me first say that I did not read the book description and if you have not read it, DON'T….just read the book!

I thought The Broken Parts of Us was going to be all about the cliffhanger of an ending from The Broken….WOW, a storyline I did not foresee and I LOVED IT!!! The broken parts of Jasper, Derek and Kyra will move you! Join Jasper on his self discovery of himself, love and friendship. Derek, discover who he is and why he is the way he is. Kyra, sweet and innocent but longing for real, ea
Michelle
Jan 08, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Finally The Broken Parts of us by Author Ker Dukey is now live to purchase - go one click now

I was very lucky to have received an ARC of this book and let me tell you it is a fantastic, I loved The Broken and fell in love with Sammy and went on an emotional rollercoaster, however The Broken Parts of Us is Jasper's story and again Author Ker Dukey has produced another 5* plus very well written read. Jasper will pull at your heart strings, make you fall deeply in love with him and his partners. Th
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 02, 2014 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
After reading book one I couldn't wait to start reading this as book one left on quite a cliff hanger.
I'm speechless... I can't believe what I've just read. This was fantastic.
Read my review of book one and multiply it by ten. That's how good this was.
This author threw shock after shock at me until it finished.
I was really hoping to read more of Jasper and Derek and my wish certainly came through.
If your looking for two really good books then grab these two books as I highly recommend them.
Kristin
Jan 08, 2014 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, own
An Amazing 5+ Star read!!! I Loved The Broken and couldn't wait for this one to come out, and Ker did not disappoint!! Ker is such an amazing writer and really captures you from the beginning and has you feeling a connection to each of her characters! I loved reading Jaspers story and i also loved Derek and Sammy. This Trio has you rooting for them since the beginning and loved being there for their journey. I was completely in love with this story and I want more!!
Jodie
Feb 16, 2014 Jodie rated it liked it
Read this book straight after the Broken loved the characters in the broken so I was excited to read more of their lives in this one.I enjoyed this one but not in the same way as the broken I can't explain why because I'm not sure apart from I just didn't connect like I did with the broken.I would recommend this book and I love love love jasper.
Author Stalkers
Jan 30, 2014 Author Stalkers rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC for an honest review!

I have to say that I loved this book! It was steamy and drew me in from the beginning. I read this book in one day! I highly recommend this book to everyone! There is a little suspense mixed in with all the steamy love scenes! If you like m/f/m you should add this one to your TBR list!
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
This is Jasper's book. I fucking loved him in Broken (book 1). But I need time to process that hot mess. I do love you, Jasper. I'll be reading this soon enough ;)
Kelly
Jan 08, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Brilliant loved the whole love triangle and the relationship between jasper and Derek good read well done on another good book x
Kim BookJunkie
This is the best book I've read in a long, long time! I have always been a Dukey fan, reading her books without reading the synopses because I know she's a master at writing dark erotica. Although this series isn't as dark as her others, it's just as if not even more powerful than some of her more depraved books. I literally stayed up reading until 4.40 a.m., unable to put this book down, then couldn't help but read the ending as soon as I woke up 3 hours later. The relationships and emotions fe ...more
Lustful Literature
Jan 13, 2014 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**KIM'S REVIEW**

“People don’t realize trauma stays with you. It may fade, it may become easier to cope with, but its like scar tissue; it’ll always be there and no amount of healing can rid you of it.”

The epilogue of The Broken is probably one of my favs to date! It gave me chills and made me crave the next book. Thankfully, The Broken Parts of Us picks up right where The Broken left off.

“You can’t claw your way out of hell and not have the scorch marks to prove it. My scorch marks haunt me in m
Nina
Jan 28, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing
Wow, I have truly no idea how to write a review about Ker Dukey's THE BROKEN PART OF US without giving too much away.
It's going to be tough!

After reading THE BROKEN, this was in no case what I expected Jasper's story to be about at all.

I was lucky enough to receive ARCs of both of Ker's books for the Blog Tour of THE BROKEN PART OF US, so I read THE BROKEN right before.
To be honest, I've had my struggles with Sammy's and River's story - it was kind of too much shit and drama happening for me,
so
Feb 05, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
This is the second book in The Broken series, set some years after the events of The Broken and it picks up where the last one left off. It’s Jasper’s, Derek’s and Kyra’s story, though Sammy and River are also featured, and you get a glimpse into their lives as a married couple and how things are going for them.

It follows in the footsteps of The Broken, with each chapter being told by a main character’s point of view, which is fantastic in my opinion. You get to feel the emotions each character
KC  -- Reading Is My Superpower
I was given an arc in exchange for an honest review

I loved The Broken. So I was super excited to be able to get my hands on The Broken Part of Us. The story went in a direction I was never expecting...totally threw me for a loop.

I must admit, I didnt like this one as much as I liked the first one. The writing is amazing. And Ker Dukey has the ability to draw you into her stories. You can connect with the characters and feel their happiness and their pain. You want to stand up and cheer for them
Vaginal Fantasy B...: Inexpensive Kindle Books 321 1859 Mar 22, 2017 10:41PM
Bookworm Bitches : Inexpensive Kindle Books 1 27 Mar 10, 2014 06:22AM
Smut Book Club: Inexpensive Kindle Books 2 24 Mar 04, 2014 04:22PM
  • The Plume: The Second Anthology
  • Bound by Danger (Men of Honor, #4)
  • I'll Be Damned (Anna Wolfe #1)
  • One-on-One:  Daegan and Gideon Vignette (Vampire Queen, #8.5)
  • Karibu Heat
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Brie Discerns Master's Heart (After Graduation, #6)
  • Falling Series Boxed Set
  • After the Rain (Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • A Risky Raise (The Billionaire's Bet, #3)
  • Secret Passions (Secret Series, Book #4)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • Take What You Want (The Rock Gods, #2)
My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles...prepare for the unexpected.

I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. We also used to put on performances by acting out stories. I wanted to become an actress from an early age so I cou
More about Ker Dukey...

The Broken (2 books)
  • The Broken (The Broken, #1)

“I fucking love all types of sex and I’m open to new things; threesome, foursome, orgy, kinky or vanilla, dirty or clean, slow or hard. As long as I come, I’m open to give it all a go.” 0 likes
“I told you I don’t want to do anything like that with you yet. Not until you’re completely coherent so you can remember every place I touch you.” He steps forward, his lips hovering near mine. “And I will be everywhere. There is not an inch on this perfect, beautiful body you won’t feel me. I’ll leave you hypersensitive and aching in the most delicious of ways.” 0 likes