Start by marking “The Cannibalism in the Cars” as Want to Read:
The Cannibalism in the Cars

The Cannibalism in the Cars

Short Story.
Audiobook
Published (first published 1868)

Start your review of The Cannibalism in the Cars
Gabyal
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cafeteria-audrey
Este para que vean si que me impactó un poco más, el sólo pensar que se hace un consenso para ver quien es el siguiente que te servirá de alimento mientras llega la ayuda puff. Manejó para mi gusto el humor negro de una forma genial. El final donde te deja en ascuas el saber si sucedió realmente o no me gustó

Cafeteria de Audrey La isla perdida 2 parte
Karla
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy tenebrosa la forma de narrar la historia, sobre todo ese pequeño chiste, para hacernos duda sobre lo que leímos y dejarnos con la intriga.
Cora
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Twain!
Cassandra Elise
Paloma orejuda (Pevima)
Pues... Me ha encantado. Al principio no entendía nada con tanto nombre... pero la resolución, ha sido perfecta, magnífica. Me he echado unas muy buenas risas porque me encanta esa clase de humor, aunque no sé si se puede calificar como humor negro.
Chapó, señor Twain.
Hufflepuff Book Reviewer
Dang, Mark Twain has one weeeird sense of humor!
Jon
"I felt inexpressibly relieved to know that I had only been listening to the harmless vagaries of a madman instead of the genuine experiences of a bloodthirsty cannibal."

Gosh darn it, Twain is brilliant. His satire and his sense of humor are timeless, but jeez, I had no idea he could get so dark. Either way, I love it. Cynicism, irony, and the bucking of convention are all my jam, and Twain seems to fit those tastes to a tee.

The only thing I can really complain about in this one was the way the
Salem Brócoli
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
¿Qué harías si te quedas en un tren lleno de personas atascado en medio de la nieve y no tienes comida?
Me pregunto si en esos momentos seguiríamos tan burocráticos como los protagonistas de este relato.
Menudo final, no sé si creerle o no al caballero hambriento.

Leído en la Isla Perdida II
Criatura: Caníbales.
J Jahir
es un cuento bastante extraño, pero un poco perturbador por el testimonio de aquel hombre tan raro. me asusta un poco imaginar la escena, creo que era realmente aterrador ser considerado para ver si eras lo suficientemente apto para ser comido... ay mamá.
Juli
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Un relato que es entre asqueroso y divertido.

Cuenta cosas que te van a revolver el estómago con una pizca de humor y gracia.

Me ha gustado mucho
Nora Cayetano
Necesito leer más de Mark Twain. Amé a sus caníbales tan parlamentarios y elegantes~
Alyssa
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is now my second favorite thing that Mark Twain has written. My first being the poem that can be found in Huckleberry Finn which is my least favorite thing Mark Twain wrote
Jean Cole
Reading some short stories for a challenge category:

Twain's razor-sharp wit and biting satire takes on the "distinguished gentlemen" of Washington DC who are trapped in blizzard on a train and must resort to cannibalism to survive. They use the same formal language as is used during negotiations in Congress to determine and vote on who is the most suitable to be the next meal for the remaining survivors. Despite the gruesome subject, Twain manages to evoke some chuckles from this reader.

Also in
Tyler
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was delightfully wicked and funny read. This is Mark Twain at his best, and foreshadowed the dark humor of Stephen King by almost a century. Quick, funny, and engaging read. Do yourself a favor and read this!
Dan
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great satire.
Maria Stanica
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lauren
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was interesting, albeit somewhat predictable. Still a worthy read!
Samm Serrinnitty
Love it.
JoAnn
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
horribly macabre.
Anna J. Shelby ☕
That was rather disturbing.
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this short story. This may be my favorite Mark Twain short story. I haven't read all of them yet, but, so far this is the winner.

It's a bit wordy, but, I laughed through the whole thing.
Tanner
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school-books
3.5/5

Read it for the title, which I guess is kind of creepy. Interesting story though. Had to write a thing on it for school, and definitely enjoyed analyzing this one. Politics, amirite?
Jonathan

• An Alcoholic Case
  • Thumbelina
  • Sonny's Blues
  • The Man Who Was Almost a Man
  • Where Is The Voice Coming From?
  • Battle Royal
  • Girl from Mars
  • The Outcasts of Poker Flat
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He is noted for his novels Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885), called "the Great American Novel", and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876).

Twain grew up in Hannibal, Missouri, which would later provide the setting for Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. He apprenticed with a printer. He also