Start by marking “Going Nowhere” as Want to Read:
Going Nowhere

Going Nowhere

(Twenty-Something)

*Newly edited as of 8/1/15*

Marisol Finnegan has done everything right to ensure that when she graduated college she'd have the kickass life she always wanted. That's what we're told right? A + B = C? Yeah, well sometimes C is being a twenty-four year old virgin moving home with your parents.

So not ideal.

Before entering this tragically pathetic phase of her life, Marisol
Published January 7th 2014 by Kelsie Galvin

To ask other readers questions about Going Nowhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Nowhere

Booknut
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
'I bolted into my room and started searching in my closet for an "I am the perfect nanny, trust me with your kid" outfit.'

The way this girl is going, I wouldn't trust her with my pet cactus...let alone a living, breathing person.

Going Nowhere can either be summed up by its title, or by the quick summary below:
- Girl is angsty as hell
- No one understands her! *cue violin music*
- Girl doesn't have a job
- Girl meets cute guy
- Cute guy finds her a job
- Cute guy and girl fall for one another
Echo
I don't even know where to begin with how much I loved and freaking adored this novel. I was giddy, laughing, squeeing, teary eyed and in obsessive love with every single thing about this book. K.M. Galvin has written a book that is forever on my keeper shelf and re-read shelf. Right from the prologue, I was hooked, and by the time I finished reading the first chapter, I knew I was going to love this book.

When Marisol or Mari, for short, graduates college with a history major, she encounters th
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Genre: NA, Casual Romance.
Cover: 7/10
Amount of jealousy: 2/10
Hotness: 6/10
Romance: 8/10
Ending: 9/10
Extra book Details: HEA. HOPING other books in the series will feature spin-off characters as leads.

BLURB: Marisol's final college year has ended, her roommates are moving out, getting on with their lives, getting jobs, her sister is getting married... and she's... moving back home.

'I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm not a student. I'm
Chu
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Her voice was that of great desperation. Marisol Finnegan had done everything right. She had good grades in college, and spent her time studying rather than partying and now that she had graduated she was jobless and is moving back home with her parents – pathetic, but can you relate?

Does it ever happen to you – the feeling of impending doom? That feeling of great frustration asking the world why is it against you, you have done everything right and haven’t
Pamela Ebeler
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
Going Nowhere is about Marisol (Mari) who after graduating college, finds herself having to move back home.....not what she had planned at all. While pulling back into her home town, she decides to stop off at a bar on her way home. There she meets Jason, after loosing her ability to control what is falling from her mouth, she slams back her drink and runs out (without her license).

Marisol is just lost, she has no job, no idea of what to do, so when she is offered a job being a nanny she jumps a
Penny Reid
I keep going back and forth on the star rating so I decided to leave it blank. This is K.M.'s first book and I really think she shows an immense amount of talent.
The good:
1. The funny. This book has it. And it's good, smart funny. Smart funny is hard to find.
2. The premise/theme is relatable about a new college graduate trying to find her way after school. I could relate to the MC's feelings and struggles, which ultimately saved the character.
3. Ms. Galvin can write. She should keep writing bec
Paula  Phillips
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Have you just graduated from College/University and now you are at the point where you have a degree that took you so long to earn it but you can't find work with it ? I know what that's like as I'm finding it difficult to find work in my degree field, so am continuing on with my previous job at the library. Going Nowhere features and highlights the issue of being jobless , stuck and feeling like a failure once you have finished college. Marisol has just graduated with a degree in History and ai ...more
M A R I G O L D
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sigh. I really wanted to like this book.

The author has a cool tone of voice and I enjoy the way she sets the scene and creates her characters. That said, the heroine was an incredibly frustrating character who threw numerous tantrums, overreacted and had no real strength of personality. I found things were repeated frequently and some more complex issues were just breezed over without fully explaining or giving more context. There was a lot of drama at one point which didn't really have root in
Patty
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Going Nowhere is the kind of story that many girls in a way can relate to. Could you imagine going off to college, getting good grades and graduating only to end up being jobless? Leaving you with one option, move back home with your parents. Of course you can, because this is something that everyone is going through!

I loved that I could made a connection to Mari. Authors, it's an added bonus if your reader can made a connection with one of your characters. I really enjoyed the relationship betw
Jenn
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the characters in this book, they made the story flow and I felt for all of them. Marisol is a down on her luck recent college grad who isn't sure where she wants to go next, Jason is a Bartender/ Musician who always seems to see Marisol at her worst. Jason has made his sister Emily is priority. Emily juggles a full time job and her young son Mikey, and don't forget about Marisol's sister, Marisol's future brother in law and Jason's band buddies. They weave themselves together into a tig ...more
Jenna
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I finished this all in one all-nighter. Hehe whoops. It was good and emotional and well it doesn't help that I'm 90% more emotional after midnight but still. The idea behind the story really resonates to me since I'm in that same position after college mostly. But also, the romance was sweet and I pretty much fell in love with Jason.

There were still some spelling and grammar mistakes that were annoying but I got over it. Also, the non-main characters were all kind of cheesy and ended up best fr
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Going Nowhere from IFB Blogtours in exchange of an honest review*

Going Nowhere is a quick read, the story is about Marisol, and her confusion when she finishes college as a top student, but with no job prospects at all has to move back home to her parents.

Full review can be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Brenna
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For books like these I really wish there was a sixth star option!! I absolutely adore Going Nowhere! Look out book boyfriends there is new man hitting the streets and he is freaking sexy!! Jason Scott is my new book boyfriend!! :) full review to come 4/14 on my book blog

Cocktails and Books
Awesome Read

this was a pure joy to read. Jason and Mari were the perfect imperfect couple. Written with the perfect mixture of humor, emotion and sexiness.
FicCentral
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rcvd-free-copy
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToRead
Mari has done everything right, taking her studies seriously, avoiding parties while in school, and earning her college degree.  But now what?  Her degree isn't proving to be very useful, she can't get a job to save her life, and she's left behind as her roommates head off into  the world to make something of themselves.  With no other choice, she heads home, not exactly thrilled to be moving in with her parents.  And just when she thinks she's going nowhere...

Jason is a musician and bartender
The plot of Going Nowhere is a great topic. Mari graduates from Grad school with no job and just an expensive degree She has to move home to stay with her parents until she can get on her feet. It’s something that I think a lot of people experience and nobody wants to move home. It feels like you are admitting defeat even though it’s actually pretty common.

Mari makes me laugh in the beginning because she feels sorry for herself and is overly dramatic about it. For some reason this endeared me t
Alison Jansen
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
What a lovely refreshing read, not to drama filled, no to angsty, not overly dramatic, not unrealistic! AWESOME start to a long weekend!!!!!

Mari is pretty much down in her luck, she has just finished 6 years at college and grad school, and has nothing to show for it. She didn't party her college years away, she didn't fall madly in love and neglect her studies. She worked hard, made some good friends and graduated. But now she finds herself without a job and no where to live, she she grudgingly
Brittany Price
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! Marisol was in a situation that I think can be fairly common, not finding a job after working so hard in college and ending up living with mom and dad. She then felt disconnected from her social life, considering her college friends were able to move on with their lives and jobs. Basically, as far as she was concerned, she no longer had a life.

How Marisol and Jason met was sweet with the nicknames that came along with it, “Bartender” and “Crazy.” It was great seeing the fri
Nora
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Going Nowhere - K.M. Galvin FIVE STARS

My love story with this book began at 11 o’clock last night. I was looking for more books to read (as if I don’t have enough already) and found this on Goodreads. Read the description and thought it sounded good, so I read the preview on Amazon. By the end of the excerpt I knew I was in love.

And then I continued to read. Until 3 AM when I finally had to stop and sleep but I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking how much I loved this book! I was like:

I love i
Olena
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow what an amazing read this was. This was my first read by this author and I was in for a nice surprise. Not only was this a fun and fast read, it had an amazing plot! The characters were wonderful and fully developed and the pace of the story fit right. It wasn’t too slow and it wasn’t too fast either.

We could easily relate to Mari’s struggle of doing the right thing by always studying and working hard and avoiding all the fun. However, at times Mari’s thought process does get to you. Everyo
Lisa
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Going Nowhere by K.M. Galvin is the first book in her Twenty-Something series. A happily ever after romance with a few drama filled moments throughout.
The characters are funny and endearing and the storyline has it's own unique little twists making it a refreshing and uplifting read.

Maris is a bit of a mess, Jason is the modern day white knight, and Mari gains a whole new circle of friends and support all because of a chance encounter with Jason.

Well worth the read!
Kaley Johnson
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AHHH! SO in love with the book. She did such a fantastic job. You could truly tell that she put her heart and soul into the words she wrote. Each and every word has a purpose, and was put in that spot for a very specific reason. I felt all the feels with this book, it is definitely going on my favorites list. You can totally not tell that this is her first book, I am so proud of her!!

If you don't picture Jase as Thomas Rhett, you are crazy.. Your welcome for those thoughts :)
Andrea Heltsley
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
This was a cute story about what life is like after college. It challenges you to find yourself and your way into the places you are meant to be. There is never a perfect equation and this book shows you how the little things in life can form something far more meaningful than the path you originally planned. It's full of sass, romance, friendship, family and becoming who you really are. This book is relate-able and adorable. Highly recommend.
katy
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Completely perfect

This book was so good! Super relatable and basically my life minus all the fun parts. I'm so reading the sequal(prequal)! Emily is great and so is Mikey(so cute!) and i'm glad I'll get to read more from these characters which I think really tells a lot about a book.
Cristina
Overall it was a good book. The reason it lost 1 1/2 stars was because somewhere towards the end it felt flat to me. Jase, our hero, kept making the same mistake and Marisol, our heroine, kept forgiving him. Ater the second time I fed up with both of them.
Andrea Fleury
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very romantic.

Loved this book. I can't wait to read more. A book about Emily and Delcan maybe. Loved the characters and the flow of this book. Great job K.M. Galvin
Jessica
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book.
Tonya
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good story! The interaction between Marisol and Jason is terrific and makes you want to keep reading to find out if there's a happily ever after or not!
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Copy Provided by Author for Honest Review
2.5 Stars

Normally when I dislike a book this much I throw in the towel. Yet this one started out interesting enough and just got worse and worse until the end when I was so happy it was over I couldn’t wait to pick up something else to distract my brain.

I think what disconnected me the most was the immaturity of the characters. Marisol acts like a tween and fights with Jason in a way reminiscent of toddlers fighting over babies. I just wanted it over wit
Victoria Tinemoff
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Dear Ms. Galvin,

Please hire an editor. While you write rather well, the book is a hot mess. The book lists the authors as Ad Hoc Editing and K.M. Galvin. Ad hoc means "as needed". Unfortunately that was not the case. Jarring mistakes such as paragraphs suddenly appearing in a different font, homonym issues (there vs their, who's vs whose) and apostrophes appearing in words randomly make me think that I paid for a first draft.

As for the story, Marisol needs to stop whining and feeling sorry for h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • James Games
  • Live-In-Position
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • Fire of Stars and Dragons (Stars and Souls #1)
  • Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines, #6)
  • David (Control, #3.5)
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Obsession (Parish Secrets, #2)
  • Falling to Pieces (Pieces, #1)
  • Falling into Place (Others of Edenton, #3)
  • Here for the Cake
  • Cursive
  • One Wilde Night (Immortal Vegas, #0.5)
  • Cold Mark (Mark, #1)
  • Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)
  • A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles #2)
  • Bound (House of Crimson & Clover #2)
  • Burden (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #1)
They say write what you know so I write about people in their twenties who kind of have their shit together. I write what I would like to read and I hope to hell it's something you'd like to read too!

Happy reading!