Start by marking “Like the Dawn (Lark, #3)” as Want to Read:
Like the Dawn (Lark, #3)

Like the Dawn (Lark #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  554 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Mia Carrington has finally done the very thing she was destined to do all along—she's broken the curse on the Dark Elves.

In order to make up for her mistake, Mia has chosen to make the ultimate sacrifice: her mortal life. The Dark Elves are now wreaking havoc on the mortal world while the Light Elves are trying to gain alliances.

It seems now that Dugan has come into full
Published May 22nd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Like the Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like the Dawn

Komal Kant
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe the Lark trilogy has come to a conclusion. I’m sitting here wondering what I’m going to do now that I’m done reading LIKE THE DAWN. First of all, I want to cry because I love this trilogy so much. Second of all, I want to cheer because the book ended exactly how I wanted it to. Erica Cope did such a wonderful job of wrapping up the trilogy, but leaving enough loose ends to make us wonder what is going to happen to the characters next.
Mia has grown up so much in this book. I’m ama
Heather
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The final installment in the "Lark" trilogy is full of fun, action and pulls no punches. There are some hilarious new characters and a resolution to unanswered questions. There's a battle at the end that is realistic and people you care for suffer. I love this fun series and am very glad it ended the way that it did :) Can't wait for Erica's next book!
S.M.
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
There is so much left in Mia's story and every last part of it will leave you on the edge of your seat ready for what's next. Check out this exciting ending to see how Mia and team take on Dugan and his army if Dark Elves to save her new world.
Erica
Jan 13, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-write
The final installment in Lark's story!
To be released on May 25th 2014
Scratch that! It's LIVE NOW!
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mia is still reeling from having been tricked into releasing the dark elves from their curse. She is further frustrated by the lack of urgency from the council of light elves. On top of that she is still trying to choose between Grey and Jacoby and the council have thrown two more into the mix hoping she will marry another heir to form an alliance.

This was just very lackluster. Mia kept tripping over herself, literally, as a former cheerleader you would think she would have enough grace to not f
Rachel
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the Dawn is the last book in the Lark Trilogy. Just like the previous books, Like the Dawn is action-packed. The Dark Elves are plotting to take over the kingdom of the light elves, while the light elves are trying to figure-out how to stop them.

Mia is now a different person. She had to give-up her human family and Jacoby, deal with her feelings for Grey, and put up with the royals from the other kingdoms. She is doing all of that while trying to get the light elves to figure-out that in or
Jennifer Rux
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I want to first start off by saying that I love this series. Although Like the Dawn wasn't my favorite in the series it was a great ending to a wonderful trilogy.

Cope created a world that I enjoying loosing myself in. Her characters were believable and they made you feel for them. I was personally team Jacoby and that just goes to show how real these characters are written.

The ending was perfect. Although there was loss and I cried over all it ended the way I wanted it too, but I won't give th
K
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Heather
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to an amazing trilogy!

I have loved every minute of getting to know all of the characters that exist in Mia’s world. I have been emotionally invested in every single one of them since the very beginning and absolutely loved the new players introduced in this last installment.

This book was definitely my favorite of the three…although there was obvious drama regarding the impending war, I found myself cracking up constantly with the fun, lighthearted interactions between Mia and
Sara
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub
Wow! This book was...wow! I think this is my favorite in the series. Besides Mia's whining half the time, anyway.
And I am totally in love with Jacoby. He is so sweet, hot and adorable! And I just KNEW that they were soul mates, meant for each other. I am so very happy about the ending, except one sad death that should not have happened so soon. I am not saying anything so I won't be spoiling it for you. But be warned to be shocked and a bit sad in the end.
I also liked Klaus. He was actually ki
Kelly Risser
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mia's world has been completely changed. She's not the girl she was in book one. We watch as she struggles to find herself in this new life and protect those around her. While she loves, she is not a slave to it, which is so refreshing. Imagine that, a heroine with a soft heart who is not ruled by it, who continues to think clearly and strategize to ensure the safety of her people. That said, the romance elements add a nice touch, and the romantic in me sighed happily when I read the Epilogue. I ...more
Jana
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved the Lark series and I couldn't think of a better way to end the trilogy then this. I loved the writing style, character development, and plot line through out this entire series. Erica Cope creates a world of fantasy and intrigue that sucks you in from the first page.
I adore Mia, Jacoby, Grey, Klaus, and Hugo, and really lets be honest... everyone else! The only thing that would have made the book better was if there were more fight scenes or a longer last battle. However, I really
Alexandra
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There is only one word to describe this series. Stunning. I was hooked from the very beginning on all things Alfheimr! It will forever be it my list of fictional places I want to go to, along with hogwarts, panem and The Gallagher Academy.

This book brought together everything that the series is about; Kingdoms, balls, boys and battles. And even though I sobbed like a child when certain elves I dare not mention end up something I dare not mention I would happily read them all again because it wa
Angi
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
It was ok. Since nothing really happened in book 2, I was hoping this one would be better...it was meh. Lots of waiting around, being kind of diplomatic, not really preparing for every eventuality, not really doing anything again...? Then the final battle was just soooo anticlimactic. It was a cute story, it had lots of interesting world building ideas, it was just missing tons of oomph. Then the resolution of Mia, Greyson & Jacoby was lacking as well. I really don't understand the point of ...more
Jana LaPelle
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Open ended?

I really enjoyed this series right from the beginning, seeing Mia really grow up and come into her own against all the obstacles that where in front of her was satisfying and entertaining. As for Mia's love interest, in the end there really is just one choice for her as she struggles to find her footing in her new world. My one criticism is that the ending felt rushed and that may have been by design as there appears to be a story in the works that will include Grey and hopefully some
Patricia Abrams
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am so happy to finally have had the chance to see what happens in this final installment of the Lark trilogy. I must say that Erica Cope did a wonderful job bringing it all together in the end. my only problem with this book was the battle at the end seemed way too short. it's like the battle was only 5 minutes long and Dark Elves would be much more powerful than they seemed in this book. Granted both sides are powerful in their own ways which is another reason they battle should have lasted l ...more
L.L. Hunter
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell! What a way to end a series let alone a book! I was about to to write a nasty ranty message to Erica saying how mean she is, until I read the acknowledgments. I'm glad to hear that this is not the end for the characters of the Lark series, especially Grey. Team Greyson all the way! It made me want to throw my iPad across the room in the way I threw Mockingjay. It was heartbreaking and thrilling and I just couldn't put it down until I finished it. I love Erica's writing and I can't wait ...more
Amy
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was ok. I found the lack of detail really irritating. I mean, I was able to start and finish this book in about two hours. I still like the characters but the whole "war" was comically easy to win. They have been battling for centuries? It seemed way too easy. I like how the series started but it just fizzled out and left too many things unfinished.
Sophia
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fantastic finish for a fantastic series! I loved this series so much and this book just completed it! I laughed, I cried, I even got frustrated! But honestly this was an amazing series and I'm so sad to see it finish.
Kathy
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the lark series and let me just say , how much I loved it! I loved how it ended and I love the characters! I still say that their should of been more a battle at the end and maybe a wedding but it ended at a happy note
Crystalvuletichotmail.com
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I hope for more. I want to know more about Jacoby and Mia and Greyson and what she has planned for him.
Liz Calderone
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-books
3.8
Trina
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute simple story that teen girls would like.
Samantha
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to an excellent trilogy! What a fun read, can't wait for the upcoming spinoff.
Ottavia
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
More 3.5for me...! It was ok but I preferred the first one. I don't know what to say. It was ok! It's difficult to describe my feelings! But I like Jacoby, a lot :)
Abigail Marks
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is awesome

5 stars because I just love it that whenever you think you know what's gonna happen it just changes that's why I love it.
Sibre
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just AMAZING! The book made me laugh it made me cry and it left me in utter satisfaction! It was just purely fantastic!
Alison
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love, love, love Jacoby. Maybe not his name...but him. LoL.

This was a good book. The characters and writing were well done. Needed some more editing (maybe another look?), but I was glued.
Rochelle Tiche
Questions unanswered

A lot of awkwardness with Grey, Jocoby was kind of a pussy, and elves badmouthing the kings daughter. Other than that... pretty good
Kimberly Landry
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I read all 3 books in 3 days and I did not want it to end.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 11, 2015 09:54AM
  • The Aetherfae  (Weald Fae Journals #3)
  • The Golden Key Chronicles (The Golden Key Chronicles #1- #4)
  • The Whispering (The Velesi Trilogy, #3)
  • A Blind Eye
  • Forever Young and Beautiful (Mount Roxby, #2)
  • The Weight of Love
  • Master of the Deep (Shark Shifter #2)
  • Depraved (The Cage Sessions, #2)
  • War (True Reign, #3)
  • The Saving of Benjamin Chambers (Uni Files #0.5)
  • Ice Surrender (Werewolf Sentinels #8)
  • Untamed (Wolf Lake, Book 2)
  • Tension (By a Thread, #2)
  • Eternal Promise (Between Worlds #3)
  • The Wild One (Forever Wild, #3)
  • Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)
  • Fake
Erica Cope lives in the Midwest with her husband, three children, three dogs and three cats (she has a thing for the number three).
She has an unhealthy addiction to coffee, a bad habit of binge watching shows on Netflix and eating pretzel M&Ms for breakfast.
When Erica isn't writing you can find her pretending to play her guitar, reading or baking something delicious.

www.ericacope.com
More about Erica Cope

Lark (3 books)
  • Lark (Lark, #1)
  • In the Shadows (Lark, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth Book 13)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Severed Souls (Sword of Truth)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Warheart: Sword of Truth - The Conclusion (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Omen Machine (Richard and Kahlan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“If I ever got stranded on a desert island I'd be pretty much screwed. I'd probably curl up in the fetal position and just cry.” 0 likes