Start by marking “Summer of Elves” as Want to Read:
Summer of Elves

Summer of Elves

Aly's world suddenly changes when she goes to work for her grandmother. Her position of helping in her gardens soon turns into a training camp to become the new guardian of a band of light elves. Creatures known from Norse Mythology appear wherever she goes. Some are friendly with her and some are very dangerous. Her summer is spent learning how to adjust to a life where b ...more
Published September 1st 2014 by North Star Press of St. Cloud (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Summer of Elves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer of Elves

Start your review of Summer of Elves
Christy
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I recieved this book for free through GoodReads First Reads

Twelve-year-old Aly is working in her grandmother's garden when she discovers a world of mythical beings. She is told that she will be the new guardian of the elves and spends her summer learning how to work with the creatures.

I enjoyed reading this book. It's a cute, well-written book that is easy to get into. We see elves, tomtes, gnomes, trolls, dwarves and more and it's very fun to read about.
Erika Etheridge
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Erika by: Goodreads First Read
Shelves: first-reads
Summer of Elves written by Joanne Vruno was a Goodreads first read for me. As I began to read I was struck by the lack of descriptions, it began with dialog. I wondered where was this kindom, what do rock elves and light elves look like, and what does the "poor old gnome" look like. It didn't take long for me to find out. I was completely enchanted by this lovely story and I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Not only did I get the answer to all of my questions I was also drawn into ...more
Jessica Mccoy
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Honestly one of the more heart-warming books I have read in awhile. I never was a big mythical creatures fan but I was excited to read this and now I'm looking into more mythical creatures books.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Mandy
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book along with the next in the series in a giveaway. I absolutely loved this book. It reminded me of my childhood and how I believed (and wanted to believe)in magic and these little creatures. This book also allows for the reader to expand their imagination.
I enjoyed reading about Aly's adventures in gaining her powers as well as having to keep them secret. I look forward to reading the next book in the series! I plan to share these with my niece and also keep them for my fut
Jessie Whelan
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Had to make myself stop reading so that I could go to bed and get some sleep! This book took me away to a magical world while connecting to my childhood in Minnesota. Great story!
Dierks Johnson
May 19, 2015
Joanne Vruno
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chrystal