Start by marking “Broken (Breaking the Rules, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken (Breaking the Rules, #1)

Broken (Breaking the Rules #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  1,719 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
Andi has the perfect life. She is about to graduate with an Architecture degree and marry her-All American baseball star-fiancé. When she catches him in bed with another woman, her world is turned upside down. Left to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, she takes on a new persona—a promiscuous one. This new role protects her heart from ever being broken again.

Andi n
ebook
Published (first published January 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Beth
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Wear Clean Undies Stars

Didn't your mother tell you to wear clean underwear in case you are an accident? Mine did. I keep wondering if you would not have been more interested in the EMTs saving your life than examining your panties, but hey, I've seen some of those firemen I would not mind showing my panties to. But I digress....wearing underwear is important. I think we can all agree on the need for undies.

Andi has been hurt. Badly. She walked in on her fiancé screwing someone else. With enth
Ella Fox
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dear Jackson,

Let's. BANG.

Love,

Ella

Ok, ok... That's not my review! But seriously- if Jackson exists, I'd be SUPER excited if he'd call me into his office. I'm pantiless and ready for work....

Alright- now the review.

I loved Andi and her outlook on life, even when she was a mess. From the very beginning, Jackson is like hot liquid alpha male injected right into her veins. LOVE that. I loved the flashbacks at the end of each chapter so that we got to see Andi's descent into and climb out of depressi
Ellen Gail
Unbelievably bland and forgettable. One of those books that if it wasn't for Goodreads I'd never remember I read. (Or made 1/3 of the way through anyway.)

The sex is bland. The chemistry is minimal. The plot is predictable, what little plot there is. It's mostly just boring characters having boring sex. Most of the characters are underdeveloped and have all the emotion of soggy cardboard.

I'd be wasting my time trying to finish something I'll forget existed in a week, tops. There are better books
K. Webster
Jan 06, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
I hope everyone falls in love with Andi and Jackson like I did. When people ask who my favorite book boyfriend is, it's hard not to say "Jackson"! This book was exciting to write and I liked that it put a different spin on two broken people finding love. Hopefully everyone will look forward to Pepper and Olive's books coming out in March and April. Can't wait to share their stories plus continue on with how Andi and Jackson are doing!
Elle
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Broken by K. Webster is the perfect combination of jaw dropping shock, gut wrenching angst, and unrestrained passion. I absolutely fell in love with these characters and was enthralled by the story line from start to finish!

Andi’s perfect bubble is popped when she catches her fiancé having sex with another woman. In an attempt to shut out and numb the pain, she constructs walls around her heart and becomes promiscuous. She refuses to let her ex’s infidelit
✿kawehi.reviews
Okie dokie...

While I did like this book, it was kind of all over the place and a little too over dramatic for my taste.

I felt that some of the content could have been edited while a section of it reminded me of Gideon Cross and Ava Tremell's relationship from the Crossfire Series.

Reasons being...

To me, due to the trauma's that Andi and Jackson had been dealt with, they seek homage in purely sexual exchanges in order to interact with the opposite gender. In fact, 90% of how Andi and Jackson ever
getteraa
Feb 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
I understand what the writer wanted to do, but it didn`t turn out well. It was pretty bad actually. It was readable, but I didn`t even enjoy it and that speaks volumes. It was a mess. ...more
Nance
I've read a few books by K. Webster, (War & Peace series - freakin' amazing), which I totally enjoyed, but this one didn't measure up to her awesome standards - aka... Nutjob Benny (Pretty Little Dolls). The beginning was amazing, but as I saw the end in sight, I just couldn't deal with it. I started skimming. And that's not good. Couldn't stomach Jackson and his all over the place nonsense. Sorry. Andie seemed to be a better fit for me. And, Pepper??. Can't wait to read her story! But, this ...more
Chan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This story invoked a lot of

description/

and

description/

The prologue was captivating, but K. Webster sped through it. The one part I was really sucked into was rushed. After that, I had a hard time not allowing my mind to wander as I read.

A lot of this book required reality suspension. Or maybe I just don't hang around people who act like this.

However, there was real promise here. The prologue set it up, but I think if Webster scaled back on some of the reactions, it may have been better. Some of it was a little too ov
The Romance Room
**5 SEXY JACKSON STARS**

arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Eeeeekkkk this book is so hot !!!!!... so good! i loved it!!!

K Webster writes a sexy debut novel that should be one-clicked by anyone who loves a sizzling read! It's fun, sexy and had me turning pages until the very end. I cannot wait to read the rest of this series.

I really can't fault this book. It takes you back in between the chapters to Andi's darker days and makes you feel what she is feeling and you really get
Melanie
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Broken is the debut novel by K.Webster and it is HOT! From the moment I started this book I did not want to put it down. The characters of Andi and Jackson are so deliriously sexy you can’t help but to root for them the whole way through! This book is full of fun, drama and super steamy!

This book is about how two people who are distancing themselves from even the remote possibility of love can change if the right person comes along!

Meet Andi

Andi is young and beautiful but her once sense of hope
Kayla
I’m a little biased with this one, y’all! K Webster happens to be a friend of mine! :) But with that being said, this book is HOT! I’ll tell you that erotica is not my typical genre, but what kind of person would I be if I didn’t read my friend’s debut novel?! I’m so glad I did though, because I loved it!
These characters are so bold and it’s quite refreshing! Andi is one feisty little lady who isn’t afraid to go for what she wants, even though most people that have been through similar situation
Jennifer Hajdics
Mar 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book gave me a migraine.

I felt like a psychic sometimes as I read this because it was so damn predictable and cliche. Andi caught her fiancee cheating, tried to kill herself with pills over it and basically became a whore to cope. She sleeps with anything with a penis. Then she meets Jackson. Literally every other scene with them is sex of some form throughout the whole book. I'm not even kidding. It's not even well written sex. It's boring and predictable. Jackson is closed off because he'
Karma Queen
I have mixed feelings about this book. I have a hard time getting past some of the details surrounding Andi's work situation. I was not surprised when the weekend hookup turned out to be one of her new bosses but (view spoiler)

Andi and Jackson have baggage and you don't want to spill
Lucie Paris
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it

For once, a heroine who is not a white goose, it's good. Except that if Andi's reasons for sleeping with different guys every weekend are understandable, her psychiatrist should have indicate that for her level of self-esteem, it's not good!

The positive side: Andi is a modern woman who assumes her sexuality and lives well going commando. She doesn't wear panties at the office and know how to please her boss...

She acts like a man playing with her sexuality by her own rules. Again, the i
Claire
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for BareNakedWords.co.uk
Broken (Breaking the Rules #1) by Kristi Webster
4****
This is the first book by Kristi Webster. I love the way it is written in the present but we get flash backs to her past.
Andi is broken……. cheated on and left devasted by Brayden, her fiancé, she struggles with depression. Fighting her way out of it with the help of her blunt but caring best friend, Pepper, she finds solace in men……..a different one each weekend.
But she has rules, they get 3 nights, 3 nights o
Jan
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
how many orgasm's can one fit in a book, well youl loose count in this book.
I liked this story, two people learning to trust again, loved the characters in this book so ide love to read about the others. I had lol moments, it was a fun read but I felt it finished to abruptly.
I would of liked an ending with conclusion or finality a proposal or wedding maybe it made me feel like there were pages missing.
Saunders
Jan 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series, 2016
Having come from a massive high after reading Broken - I had great expectations. So what a disappointment this one was.

too many pieces missing from the plot or maybe I turned the pages too fast (not in a good way) to try and find out why she was cheated on and why she was the way she was?. Must've missed it because I am still looking for it.

unpleasant female character and a very weak and underdeveloped story.
Marie
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exhausting Read

So this book wasn't that bad. Both H/h were complete psychos and I have whiplash from their back and forth. I mean seriously I have never read about a couple who breaks up and makes up so fast. This is an easy read and while you won't get bored, you'll just be continuously rolling your eyes.

Probably not gonna read book two.
Chrisabel
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebies, ebook, kindle
This was my 2nd read from this author and I can't wait to devour all her books
Natrina Felan
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because the author challenged her readers to read her first book. I'm glad I didn't read it before I read her other books because you can tell her style has changed a lot!!! This one has a lot of lovie dovie and the main character drove me crazy with her constantly forgiving. And while I understand it was important to the story line and ended up being the best thing for the story, I had a hard time relating. That being said: I started and finished this book in one sitting. I was ...more
Lisa
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock!
4.5 out of 5 Fangs

I received a copy of this story for an honest review for Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock!

Once you have been broken, can you ever put your life back together enough to feel whole again? That’s the question asked in Broken by K. Webster. In equal turns sad and hopeful, hot and sweet, Broken is a great start to a new series. I enjoyed the read and thought it gave a new spin on the somewhat traditional story of a young woman trying to rebuild her life after a devastating
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

This was a scintillating story that had me captivated since the beginning of the story. I have to say that it was very hard to put this book down once I started it.

Broken is a story about Andi and Jackson. Andy has decided to live life dangerously after she catches her fiance in bed with another woman. He really broke her heart and she was suffering from this since she was so in love with him. After her therapist suggests she start doing thi
ChuCha
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

First of all, it’s just fucking. Nothing more. Secondly, you get three nights of it. Just three. Friday. Saturday. Sunday. You will love every second of it. After we’re finished on the third night, you go away. Done. It’s simple and easy. Are you game?

Guess who spoke those words – Andi or the mysterious Jackson?

Those words have left my jaws hanging for a few moments. Shock was probably an understatement. I was not really sure whether to
Three Chicks
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Andi was coming down the homestretch of her college career. She was so happy; Brayden was her steady boyfriend of 4 years and he had asked her to marry him and she only had her finals to complete before both she and Brayden could find jobs in an architectural firm. She was heading home early to surprise Brayden when she herself was in for quite a surprise. There was Brayden in bed with another woman. Andi entered a very dark period in her life following this. Andi developed a game plan where she ...more
Ashley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review

Broken by K. Webster is her debut novel and it is phenomenal! I absolutely loved it!! Broken is a fast read that is funny, sexy, and a hot read that will have you staying up late to finish the book in one sitting. This is definitely a one-click book. I can’t to read more from this series and from K. Webster!!

Andi is completely in love with her fiancé, Brayden, and her life seems perfect. That is until she walks in on him having sex wi
Nicole
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book in a word is FAN-FRIGGING-TASTIC (Yes I know it’s not a real word). Wow did I adore Andi. I am such a fan of books where the female lead is literally knocked to the ground and makes an epic comeback. I wanted to be friends with the characters in these books. Pepper and Olive are such loyal and amazing friends to Andi. Especially Pepper. Pepper is so fierce and protective of Andi, yet she tells Andi like it is. Pepper is not a fan of Andi’s weekend romps and she tells her every chance s ...more
Christina Racich
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Andi's heart was shattered when she caught her fiance Bray cheating on her. She completely lost herself and almost overdosed accidentally. Finally getting her life on the right track and seeking help, Andi vows to never get hurt like that again. She makes up a "game" that allows her an entire weekend of physical passion with a man and then dumps them, picking a different man each weekend. Obviously what she thinks is working for her and helping her heal is a bunch of crap, and although she is pr ...more
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
Broken is K. Webster’s first novel and I must say she hit this one out of the park. This book had me going from beginning to end. The characters touch you in a way that you are seriously distraught when the story ends because you don’t want to give them up! It has the ups, the downs, the gut-wrenching moments, the happy, the distraught and everything in between. LOVE!

Andi is living most peoples worst nightmare whens he catches her fiance cheating. So, like any woman – she decides to guard her he
BBBf- BEST BOOK B...: NO SOAP NEEDED 6 13 Sep 08, 2014 12:30PM
  • Midnight Sex Shop
  • Devour
  • Escaped Artist (Untamed #3)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Pleasure Extraordinaire 4 (Pursuit, #7)
  • Seduced by 2
  • Delayed Surrender 1 (Delayed Surrender, #1)
  • The Reality of You
  • Caught (Sex and Bullets, #1.5)
  • Commitment (Change, #2)
  • Darkest (The Dark Side, #3)
  • Is This What I Want? (Is This All There Is? #2)
  • Prick Tease (Tangled Desires, #1)
  • Break Me In (Devil's Host MC #2)
  • Faster Longer (Take Me..., #3)
  • Caught for Christmas (Stripped, #3.5)
  • The Chronicles of Katrina (The Chronicles of Katrina #1-4)
  • Just Shoot Me (Cowboy Way, #1)
K Webster is a USA Today bestselling author of dozens of romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K
More about K. Webster...

Breaking the Rules (5 books)
  • Wrong (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • Scarred (Breaking the Rules #3)
  • Mistake (Breaking the Rules #4)
  • Crushed (Breaking the Rules #5)
“What the fuck, Andi? You looked like you were about two seconds away from letting Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome finger you in the fucking bar!” 0 likes