Start by marking “1200 Creative Writing Prompts (Adventures in Writing)” as Want to Read:
1200 Creative Writing Prompts (Adventures in Writing)

1200 Creative Writing Prompts (Adventures in Writing)

Perfect for writers who are feeling uninspired or who simply want to tackle a new writing challenge, 1200 Creative Writing Prompts has something for everyone. Whether you write fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction, you’ll find plenty of fresh ideas inside this book.

The fiction prompts cover a range of genres, including literary, mystery, thriller, suspense, science fiction, f
Published January 3rd 2014 by Swan Hatch Press

To ask other readers questions about 1200 Creative Writing Prompts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1200 Creative Writing Prompts

Start your review of 1200 Creative Writing Prompts (Adventures in Writing)
Dawn Fable
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
There are plenty of interesting, inspiring prompts in here. However, there are some that seem like watered down plots from recent movies.
Bree Salyer
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a Godsend. I have the grammatical aspect of writing down, but sometimes the ideas just aren't there. I have spent the last several years combing the web trying to find good story starters and writing prompts but have never been able to find more than a few here and there.

By the first page, I realized that I will probably never have to look elsewhere. I didn't find myself skipping over them to get to the good prompts... they are ALL good. Well developed. Unique. Interesti
Sally Hannoush
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these writing prompts. My collage ruled notebook is filling up with my "rantings" when I randomly pick one out. I hadn't actually made anything out my ramblings but it made me smile when I dug out old memories to use. If anything, it makes me feel like I am going through old photos and found that my mind was working without forcing it to write something. We all know that the more you try the harder it gets for words to form. Writers block is nothing but evil and this is a great ...more
Lozzi Counsell
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for being my university guardian angel. I study creative writing and turn to your book whenever I get writers block. managed to write a short story tonight because of you. definitely going to be keeping this book close! I will never truly finish reading it because I will always come back to it. Love the variety of genres too!
Mir
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Sometimes the promots were not really creative. However, I found this book very useful. I would introduce though some pictures, starters and spefic words to push writers' imagination and inspiration.
Beverly A Jaslow
Jan 02, 2017
Annette Rasmussen
Oct 13, 2014
Liv Lessig
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• 1,000 Awesome Writing Prompts
I have been inhaling books for as long as I can remember. I started writing poetry and keeping a journal at thirteen and haven't stopped writing since.

I studied creative writing at Sonoma State University, earning a BA in English with a concentration in creative writing. Since then, I have worked as a technical writer, copywriter, professional blogger, and writing coach.

My blog, Writing Forward, is pack
“4. A writer loses the ability to distinguish reality from the fantastical worlds of his or her stories.” 0 likes