Jump to ratings and reviews

Finding Fate #3

Right Kind of Wrong

Sometimes wrong can feel oh so right . . .

Jenna Lacombe needs complete control, whether it’s in the streets . . . or between the sheets. So when she sets out on a solo road trip to visit her family in New Orleans, she’s beyond annoyed that the infuriatingly sexy Jack Oliver wants to hitch a ride with her. Ever since they shared a wild night together last year, he’s been trying to strip away her defenses one by one. He claims he’s just coming along to keep her safe-but what’s not safe for her is prolonged exposure to the tattooed hottie.

Jack can’t get Jenna out from under his skin. She makes him feel alive again after his old life nearly destroyed him-and losing her is not an option. Now Jack’s troubles are catching up to him, and he’s forced to return to his hometown in Louisiana. But when his secrets put them both in harm’s way, Jenna will have to figure out how far she’s willing to let love in . . . and how much she already has.

336 pages, ebook

First published September 2, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Chelsea Fine

10 books2,329 followers
I write, I paint, I drink coffee and I love superheroes. I fail at cooking and putting laundry away and I have a minor addiction to reading. Okay, major. Friend me!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
68 (3%)
1 star
19 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 203 reviews
Profile Image for Patrycja.
639 reviews3,803 followers

Release Date: September 2, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA:

Jenna is hard core chick. Sexy, tattooed, smart and witty, without any reservations. She’s open minded, independent control freak. She needs control to survive. She has a life plan, and there is no place for love in her life. Love is something you can’t control, so she doesn’t want to fall for any man, fearing that it will destroy her dreams.

"I have a plan for my life, my future. A good plan. A solid plan. I’m going to graduate college. I’m going to sell my sculptures and promote my artwork until I raise enough money to open an art gallery. Then I’m going to showcase artwork until I have enough money to buy myself a home. And a car. And health insurance. And maybe then I’ll get a small pet. Like a black car or a little Pig."

Jack is Jenna’s friend, a friend she spent one amazing night with. He’s also totally, completely and utterly in love with her. So when the chance came up for them to go on a road trip to New Orleans together, Jack took it.

"I’m just a bloody guy in a bathroom waiting for the girl of my dreams to realize that she’s in love with me. She’s everything I’ve ever wanted. And she won’t let me love her..."

In Right Kind of Wrong, we have a reversed situation; this time along (what a nice change!) hero is doing the chasing, while our main heroine is hiding her feelings and doing the pushing away.

“Love is the absence of control and the presence of faith. And you won’t truly be happy until you surrender to it.”

The main heroine is out of ordinary, especially when compared to other new adult female characters, while the hero is absolutely swoon worthy in ‘bad boy with golden heart’ way, and together they are just perfect! Match made in heaven. Even though Jenna’s behaviour can be off putting for some of the readers; as she’s not only stubborn as a mule and blind, but from time to time quite bitchy, I still liked her. I found her rough exterior engaging. I could connect to her reasoning and the want to be independent. I got why she was scared of falling in love, and while I didn’t exactly approve of her actions, I could swallow them and forgive her. Jack’s love for her was strong and sincere and I really did cross my fingers for them. They both deserved their happily ever after.

This couple was simply awesome! They bickered, fought and joked all the time. The love/hate relationship was freaking hot! They were both so amusing, so sexy they almost burned my ereader down. I loved them together!!

Right Kind of Wrong is third book in Finding Fate Series (you can read it as stand alone) and quite honestly the most frustrating one. The heroine can piss you off. Yet it’s still very good addition to Chelsea Fine’s work and I couldn’t not love Jenna and Jack’s story. It’s definitely heart stopping! The beautiful, electric chemistry the main characters shared made this novel really, really amazing. I could not put it down.

*Review Copy provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review*

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

Profile Image for Syndi.
2,797 reviews617 followers
June 16, 2021
Well, well, well. I am loving Right Kind of Wrong. I usually very picky with this type of NA book. I only picked authors I am familiar with. Miss Fine definitely on my list now.

I read the whole books on this series. Only the second book did not hit the high for me. Right Kind of Wrong has the perfect blend of that NA hormone and romance story. The relationship goal between Jack and Jenna takes a while to get into the finish line.

Overall, I am loving loving it.

5 stars
Profile Image for Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥.
496 reviews302 followers
January 14, 2016
This book took me by surprise, in such an amazing way.  I went in expecting a cute love story, but what I got was so much more.  Right Kind of Wrong delved into a topic that was deep, dark and had me nervously turning the pages as fast as possible.  That additional aspect of the story, along with characters I adored and dialogue that was hilarious and sexy, created a unique dynamic that made me fall madly in love with this book!

Both Jack and Jenna need to go back to their homes in Louisiana, from Arizona.  The only problem is Jenna wants to make the drive alone, without Jack tagging along.  They're good friend, probably even best friends, but trapped inside of a car for a few days with Jack has Jenna struggling to breathe.  That's because she won't be able to step away from their scorching hot chemistry when it gets too intense.  You see one drunken night last year, they pushed their friendship into something more.  Jack wants that more but Jenna doesn't want to be tied down.  When Jack barges in and joins Jenna, it becomes a sexy, fun, breathless road trip.  Well, that is until Jack's past puts them right in the middle of a very dangerous situation.
God I hate him. But not really. God I hate that I don’t hate him. - Jenna

Jenna may be stubborn and set in her ways, but I loved her!  I understood her not wanting to be tied down.  To wanting to create a great life for herself, all by herself.  To needing to be fierce and independent. And her conviction to those beliefs, while a few times made me want to shake her, had me respecting her.  But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't escape the chemistry she had with Jack.  Because when Jack was around, heaven help her haha.
I look down into her golden eyes, just inches from mine, and wonder if there will ever be a time when I can stand this close to her and not feel so undone, so unguarded. Then I wonder if that’s even something I would want. - Jack

Ohhhhh Jack.  He was one of those guys, where they walk into the room and suck out all of the air.  He couldn't help but command your whole attention.  Whether it was his tatted body, beautiful gray eyes or just the presence he created, he was impossible to ignore.  The words he chose to speak and the times he would gently touch Jenna had me melting into a puddle on the floor.  He could be so smooth, sincere, intense and sexy but add in the fact that he's a good guy, well it's impossible not to love him.  I seriously just wanted to crawl into the book and hug him, or be near him. I became that obsessed with him.
She’s beautiful and wild, and drives me absolutely crazy. - Jack<

When Jack and Jenna were together, their sexual tension was palpable.  Sometimes it was so intense that it was the most amazing kind of unbearable.  Because it killed me that they weren't together, that they didn't just fall into it all.  Especially since their interactions had me laughing and smiling.  But it wasn't all fun and games because this book twists into something more.  And those scenes were intense and felt real, I don't even know if I breathed while reading those pages!  So a huge YES, I loved this book!  Actually, I loved this whole series.  Chelsea Fine has become an author who I can't recommend highly enough!

P.S.  There are lots of hidden gems in this book and one of my favorites was Jack's mom.  She is.....wellllll.....you'll just have to find out for yourself.

P.P.S.  Another reason I loved Jenna was because she had to pack 3 suitcases to go home since clothes, shoes and beauty supplies are THAT important!  **I've personally never done that, cough I'm lying cough.**

For more of my reviews, please visit:
descriptive text here
Profile Image for Laura.
547 reviews327 followers
March 29, 2015
Not quite as good as the other two in my opinion, but good lord, I adored Jack. Jenna seriously pissed me off at times, but Jack is everything.

And of course I loved seeing Kayla & Daren and Pixie & Levi. I'm ready for a reread I think.

Jack & Jennaaa ❤

Hell yeah!

description
Profile Image for Carole (Carole's Random Life).
1,636 reviews449 followers
October 2, 2014

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

4.5 Stars

I guess it is official....I love Chelsea Fine's writing. I have had the chance to read exactly 3 books written by Chelsea Fine and have enjoyed each and everyone of them. I literally consumed this book. I ended up reading the whole book in a single day. I had a lot of fun with this quick, easy read.

This book is the third book in the Finding Fate series but it could very easily be read as a stand alone novel. This book focuses on Jenna and Jack. We first met Jenna in Best Kind of Broken. She became best friends with Pixie in college, where they are roommates. Jenna and Jack are friends who met through working at the local bar. They are both drawn to each other and have acted on that one time but have never talked about it. Jenna is determined to not get herself involved in any kind of relationship.

When Jenna's mom calls to tell her that her grandmother thinks that the end may be coming (which she apparently does every year or two), she decides a road trip home to New Orleans is in order. It just so happens that Jack is from a small town near New Orleans and his family is in the middle of a crisis. One thing leads to another, and the pair are off on a road trip together. During the road trip, they learn quite a bit about each other and their feeling for one another.

Without question, Jack made this story. His character was loving, funny, and fierce when needed. He was not afraid to say what he felt and he was willing to risk everything for his family. I found that I liked Jenna but wanted to smack her a few times. She was so hung up on her master plan that she refused to see what was right in front of her. The chemistry between the characters was amazing. I actually felt that they needed to be together.

I would definitely recommend this book to others. Chelsea Fine's writing is well thought out with a plot that keeps the reader engaged in the story. I plan to continue reading this series and hope to read other works by this author.
Profile Image for Steffi De Ceuster  ♥.
1,186 reviews116 followers
April 5, 2017
Okay so I enjoyed this very much. There are a few things that I disliked. Like the Jack and Jenna after their one night of hotness they go back to their sleeping around. If it was up to the Jack not but Jenna has other issues. So that bothered me a lot, I understand it a bit but there are other ways..
I loved that they were both tattooed and that they all had a meaning and history.

I love stories with road trips, this one was special because we where making one too actually one from 3 hours but still roadtrip! It's fun how people interact on roadtrips and that's why it's fun also the sleeping arrangements :) . This one wasn't really realistic, but still a bit.
Also it dragged a bit, I get it the story needed to be told but the h was a bit grr at the end. I was ready to say no I'll take him you don't need to push yourself...

April 7, 2017
September 17, 2015
"Right Kind of Wrong" was exceptionally phenomenal and my favorite installment in the Finding Fate series. The storyline and characters were amazing, and had me completely addicted throughout. I loved Jack and Jenna's personalities and chemistry together, and how their relationship progressed throughout. They were definitely entertaining, and I honestly couldn't help but fall in love with them right off the bat. They were awesome in every way and I loved reading their story and going on this journey with them. It was beyond interesting, to say the least, but I was sooo happy with the outcome. Even if it took a while for a certain stubborn woman to admit her true feelings to an equally stubborn - yet extremely kind and handsome - man. I truly loved everything about this novel, especially the fact that it was told from both Jack and Jenna's alternating points of view. I loved the relationship they had with their friends and family as well, even if they were all a little quirky. I also loved Chelsea Fine's writing style, and how she drew me right in from the very beginning and completely held my interest until the very end. And boy, was it a phenomenal ending. I honestly cannot sing enough praises for "Right Kind of Wrong" and the entire Finding Fate series. It was beyond incredible and completely exceeded all of my expectations and then some!

Check out more of my reviews on my blog: https://perksofbeingabibliophile.word...
Profile Image for Mariam.
300 reviews134 followers
August 26, 2014
3 Stars.
Don't kill me!
This was my least favorite book in this series.
I liked it, but not as much as the last 2 books. I can't put my finger on it.
It was quite boring and Jenna really got on my nerves. I wanted to shake her. I hate hate HATE when the hero or heroine realizes how much they love the h/H by the END of the book.
I wish she realized it sooner, but oh well.
I really love Chelsea's writing style. It's witty and funny.
Overall, I'm a little disappointed but I was entertained nonetheless.
Looking forward to more books by this author.
*ARC provided via NetGalley for an honest review*
Profile Image for Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog).
1,867 reviews294 followers
January 3, 2015
Loving out loud...
I'm a fan of Chelsea Fine and this series. I was looking forward to Jenna's book after meeting her as Pixie's best friend. She's all bada$$ and cool with her smart mouth and tattoos. I have to admit that I didn't like her as much as I thought I would. I kinda wanted to slap her upside the head throughout the whole book. However; I'm sure since this is not the first book in the series and you've probably read the others that you know that this author likes to write about broken characters. It's their 'baggage' that causes them to struggle with finding love. They think they have to fight it every step of the way, like it's an opponent. Jenna is a control freak with a 'plan'. As with all control freaks, you must always move toward the goal and check off your accomplishments on the way to achieving it. After watching her family members suffer, she thinks the solution is just to avoid relationships and depend only upon herself to get everything she wants in life, including a pig. For such a bright and determined girl she can't see the forest for the trees. Well, actually she does know the truth, she just stubbornly refuses to accept it and denial is her friend, but "truth always wins", right? EVERYONE knows how she feels about Jack, including Jack, but she continues to sleep with other men while she works 'the plan'. When she gets a call telling her she must get home because her grandma is dying, she decides to take a road-trip to save the airfare. She isn't rushing because her grandma claims to be dying every year. Last year when she got there she found her singing karaoke at the local bar. When Jack hears that she is making a trip home he decides to tag along because he needs to get home too and their family homes are close to each other. Of course he doesn't ask first, and of course she throws a fit, but of course she lets him come. While they have strong feelings about each other, and the sexual chemistry gets in the way, they are still friends. They might argue about what radio station to listen to and get on each other's last nerve, but they would fight to protect each other too. She knows that he is hiding something and she is very worried about him. How does she get him to let go and share his secrets when she won't even admit her own? How is she supposed to keep her distance, and avoid her feelings when they keep getting thrown together by circumstance? It doesn't help that EVERYONE keeps pushing her towards Jack, encouraging her to give him a chance. Even her mother tells her, "love is the absence of control and the presence of faith'. At one point I think Jenna joins the club and becomes frustrated with herself, knowing how she feels but refusing to give in, telling herself, "Sometimes there's a fine line between sticking to your guns and shooting yourself in the foot". In the meantime, there is danger and suspense waiting for Jack when he gets home. Jenna is gonna get to see another side of him, the bada$$ side. With their matching tattoos and their need to control it's an exciting read as you wait to find out who gets to be on top (wink-wink).
Profile Image for Amber Addison.
Author 4 books79 followers
August 11, 2014
I can't WAIT for you guys to read this one.... Could. Not. Put. It. Down.

So good!!!!
Profile Image for AJ.
2,802 reviews913 followers
February 23, 2015
“Love isn't an obedient whim. It's an unruly force. And it answers to no one.”

This is the third book in Chelsea Fine’s Finding Fate series. Each of the books are standalones that very loosely link together, and they are fun, witty NA reads with great, chemistry-filled romance.

Jenna is the best friend of Pixie from book 1 - Best Kind of Broken, and she is not your average NA heroine…

With my endless tattoos and piercings, and my tendency to dress like a punk rocker, I look like Amy Lee and Lara Croft had a half-Creole baby and gave her too much eyeliner for her birthday.

Jenna is also a control freak. After watching her mother and grandmother struggle through life, she has a strict plan for her life, and it does not include a man. Especially Jack. Jack is a good friend of Jenna’s, and a year ago they spent a wild and intense night together – one that changed them both. But while Jack recognises the shift between them and has tried to take things further with Jenna, she pushes him away, keeping him strictly in the friend zone so that she can concentrate on her life plan. Jack has been accepting of this, and neither of them even speak of their night together anymore. But when family emergencies call them both home, Jack invites himself along on Jenna’s week-long road trip – much to her disgust – and with the two of them in such close proximity, they are finally forced them to confront what is between them, so stand back and watch the fireworks!

I love a good road trip book, and I love the set up in this one! They are already friends, but the underlying UST keeps things very heated, and Jack’s easy going teasing plays off nicely against Jenna’s aggression.

“I’d rather listen to polka than to a scorned woman screaming about how all men are no good.”
With a sugar-sweet tone, I say, “Too close to home?”
He smiles sharply. “You tell me.”

I love Jack! He’s big, muscled, and heavily tattooed, but he’s a sweetheart! He loves Jenna, and wants her in his life, and he is endlessly patient with her! But he’s also not afraid to put himself out there and call her out on her crap.

“Not again. I’m not hashing this out again.”
You never hashed anything out in the first place. I did,” he says. “You know exactly where I stand, but I have yet to hear a single real thing come out of your mouth as far as you and I are concerned.”

And then there’s Jenna. I have conflicted feelings about Jenna. I initially really liked her as a character, but the way she pushes Jack away, determined to stick to her ‘plan’ and be “independent” despite her obvious love for him made me want to smack her. I can deal with this sort of behaviour for a little while, but it goes on and on, and I got really irritated with her. She knows how Jack feels, she acknowledges how she feels, but she still keeps pushing him away!

The chemistry between them is electric, and neither of them are able to resist it, and OMG, it’s hot! Hot and passionate, with lots of emotion. It’s just the ‘more’ that is the issue, and seeing them both so miserable without each other broke my heart. Well, seeing Jack miserable broke my heart – he’s so committed to Jenna, willing to do anything for her, and patiently wait for her because he loves her so much…

She’s everything I’ve ever wanted. And she won’t let me love her.

Seeing Jenna miserable made me want to smack her again because it was all her stupid fault.

I’m racing in circles – fleeing a storm of my own making – while Jack waits patiently, ready to catch me when I collapse of exhaustion.

*sigh*

But it’s not all relationship drama. Jack’s trip home is to help his younger brother, who has gotten himself into a world of trouble, and as Jack’s past is revealed, it takes the story in a completely different direction to what I was expecting. It’s twisty and dramatic, and shows us even more of Jack’s awesomeness, and with Jenna there by his side, it only serves to bring the two of them closer together.

I love Chelsea Fine’s writing, so I was quickly in the zone with this one. The story moves at a great pace, with lots of laughs, angsty moments with the brewing romance, and the banter is great. I would have liked to have seen the relationship resolution earlier than when it happened – the unnecessary dragging out just annoyed me and made me dislike Jenna. The girl needed a slap. But still, when it came, it was absolutely beautiful!

I love this series, and while this book wasn’t my favourite, I’m still happy that I read it. I enjoyed the story, and there is even a brief check in with the couples from the previous books, and I loved seeing them all happy and loved-up. I’m not sure whether there will be any more, but I’ll definitely be grabbing for the next book if it’s published.

3.5 stars.

An Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Lisa (lifeinlit).
695 reviews461 followers
January 7, 2015
4.5 stars!

This book was jointly reviewed by myself and my co-blogger, Becca!

THE STORY:
Becca: Chelsea Fine has done it again! Another amazing story with intense chemistry, awesome build up and LOL moments! I have been excited for Jack and Jenna’s story ever since we meet both of then in Best Kind of Broken and then briefly in Perfect Kind of Trouble and OH BOY! Did Chelsea Fine deliver!! From the awesome road trip that we start out on that takes us to Jack’s hometown and then Jenna’s in New Orleans it is one jaw dropping, kindle gripping moment after another and I loved every single second!

Lisa: ROAD TRIP!! Yes, as soon as I found out there would be a road trip involved in this book, which was very early on in the story, I was psyched. I have this total obsession with road trip books. Though this isn’t actually a “road trip book”, the fact that these two were going to be in a car together, staying in hotels and dealing with normal travel dramas, made me extremely happy. :)

And that’s how the first ten minutes of our “fun” road trip go down; with me snapping at him to shut it, and him defying me with a happy smile. Ten minutes down, twenty-one hours to go.

This story was exactly what I was hoping it would be. The fact that we got to meet both families really brought this story home for me. These characters are so unique and fun… and to see the families that brought them up completely brought these two to life for me. I love that Chelsea Fine writes companion novels, rather than a straight series. That way you don’t have to have read the others in the series first, but if you did, then you get the added bonus of them making cameo appearances in the other books. I really enjoyed seeing little glimpses of the Finding Fate crowd in this book.

And the intense drama in this one! OH MAN! I wasn’t expecting it. This story isn’t all romance… it definitely takes a darker turn and has a few gripping moments that took my breath away. Jack’s family is facing some very difficult times, and he’s forced to go home and try to help them out of the danger ASAP. I was definitely surprised when all of the action took place. Half of the story had me on the edge of my seat. Well played, Chelsea, well played.

Part trouble, part mystery. Playful and pensive. He’s one of the few males on this planet I enjoy conversing with – when he’s not being a dickhead, of course.

THE CHARACTERS:
Lisa: Jenna and Jack won me over in Perfect Kind of Trouble. I adored Jenna’s spunky and somewhat snarky exterior. She had such an incredibly sad vision of how life and love turns out, based on how her own family has ended up. She didn’t believe in love or happiness. She felt she, alone, had to make her life into something successful. She was terrified of love getting in the way.

“Love isn’t an obedient whim. It’s an unruly force, and it answers to no one.”

Then we have Jack, who’s overly confident and extremely sure of himself. He had no trouble admitting his feelings. He also had a shady home life, filled with all kinds of stressful drama and intense situations that really had us gripping our Kindles til our fingers ached. These two definitely fought their connection tooth and nail, neither one giving in to each other. Two strong personalities that really had me hooked.

Becca: I agree with Lisa on everything and two strong personalities is right! These two had me rolling on the floor laughing as they constantly tried to outdo one another. I absolutely loved the chemistry between them!

“No one in their right mind would try to provoke you, Jenna. You’re like a caged cat in heat. All claws and teeth. You’re already provoked- and you have been since the moment I met you. So why don’t you calm down and get back on the freeway.” He looks around “Where are we anyway?” “Oh I’ll tell you where we are.” I point a finger in the air and lift my chin… “we’re at your final destination.”

Ha Ha Ha this was just one moment, but there are so many! These two are perfect together and apart. They are my favorite type of character, fun, strong, sarcastic and flawed. I could seriously gush and gush all day :)

The other characters in this book are perfect too! Jack’s brothers and Mother are so genuine and such good people who have fallen on bad times. Jenna’s Mother, Grandmother and sisters are funny and warm and so endearing. I loved her cousins too, they had me cracking up…

“What if you get lost?” What if you get robbed?”Callie says. “What if you get eaten?” Alyssa adds in a low voice… “I don’t want anyone to eat you.”

OMG Chelsea Fine – how do you make me fall in love with all of your characters!?

OVERALL:
Becca: Chelsea Fine impressed me with this story because it was very different from the others. Don’t get me wrong I loved all three books. This one was different from the others because it was so sarcastic and funny, then dramatic and edgy and finally heart-warming. It had it all! I really enjoy companion novels and I am still holding out for Ellen’s story. I love how she has been such an integral part of each couples journey and I think that she deserves her own.

Overall I just loved everything about this book and the entire Finding Fate series. After I read all 3 books I feel like I am a part of the Willow Inn family and Chelsea Fine is definitely on my list of Must Read Authors!!

“I want to be with you he says “Because I hurt when you hurt. and I’m happy when you’re happy – and not because you have control over me, but because I love you. And I like loving you.”

Lisa: Helen’s story!! YES! I would absolutely love that. We really get to know her in all three of these books, especially Best Kind of Broken. But even in this story, we’re left with a hope that Helen will find more in her life soon. Please, Chelsea, show us Helen’s world a bit more? *fingers crossed*

I totally agree with Becca that this series really makes us feel like part of the Willow Inn family. This group of characters is all so unique, yet heart-warming and welcoming. I love them all! Definitely a favorite series of mine. Way to go, Chelsea! This is a must-read series for anyone that enjoys the New Adult genre. It’s overloaded with sexy scenes and fillers. It’s the perfect combination of real-life situations and drama, a dash of suspense, a few issues, wonderful romance, and tons of fun!

(Thanks to Forever Romance for the review copy!)

Find this review and others like it at Lost in Literature!

lisamonkey

Profile Image for Avid Reader.
268 reviews64 followers
November 9, 2014
“Love isn’t an obedient whim. It’s an unruly force and it answers to no one.”

I just finished reading the amazing third installment of the Finding Fate series, and let me tell you, I have one hell of a book hangover. Every time I start reading one of her books I think “Oh well I’ll just read a few chapters.” Yeah, that never happens, and this time was no different. I read the whole thing in less than 24 hours. Her writing style is so fresh and relatable its damn near impossible to put down.

This installment follows Jenna and Jack. Jenna is Pixie’s (from book #1) best friend. She is hopelessly in lust with her hot former co-worker friend, Jack. They only spent one night together and then never spoke of it again. They just went right back to their friendship as if nothing happened. However, they have both done nothing but think of that night for eight months. When unexpected family problems arise for both of them they are forced on a road trip together across the country and are also forced to deal with the feelings they have been avoiding.

The story is told from an alternating POV between Jack and Jenna. I really like this style of writing, as you get both perspectives and really get to know both characters. Jenna is strong and must maintain control of every aspect of her life. Allowing herself to fall for Jack would mean losing all control and she just cannot handle that. Jack is a sexy, confident man that has left a nasty past behind him. He is a perfect match for Jenna as he has no problem putting her in her place and calling her on her bullshit.
I honestly did not think it would be possible for me to love this story as much as I did the first two, but I think I loved it more. Something about Jack and Jenna just spoke to me. Everything about them was great. The way they joked and gave each other hell, the chemistry between… just everything. The flashbacks were great. Every girl has lied in bed at night unable to sleep, thinking about a guy and what happened between them, what you would do all over and what you would change if you could. This was a great teaser to what would come once these two finally decided to give in to their feelings.

Ms. Fine definitely upped the ante on the sex scenes in this one. They were more explicit and more frequent than in the previous two. It was not gratuitous or unnecessary in any way though. The emotions that were written in to each of these scenes were so real and raw that I had to go back and re-read a few pages. I just wanted to feel it all over again.

I know I am gushing but I just can’t say enough how much I love Ms. Fines work. The back story, the plot behind the love story, the chemistry between the main characters, the supporting characters, it all works together so effortlessly. Please, if you have not read anything from the Finding Fate series do so right away!

5 very well deserved stars and whiskey straight! Enjoy!

For the Love of Books & Alcohol

Profile Image for Nemo.
116 reviews25 followers
September 9, 2014

I’ve been on a lot of road trips, but none were as fun as reading Jack and Jessica’s trip. Jessica is well guarded, she not only scared of love, she’s terrified of it. Luckily she never had to deal with any of those feelings until she met Jack.

Jack is the complete opposite of Jessica, he sees what he wants and goes for it. He doesn’t take no for an answer and he’s been through enough in life to know whats worth fighting for.

Our story starts off right in the middle, Jack and Jess already have a tenseful past. When I requested this book in netgalley, I didn’t realize it was the last book in the series. I don’t think I missed much, because the other books in the series are about other characters. So ignoring the fact that we start in the middle Jessica needs to drive down to Lousiana to visit her “dying” grandmother. Coincidentally, Jacks also has to go, his brother dispeared and he’s pretty sure he can find him.

Jack’s brilliant idea is to hitch a ride with Jess, but since he knows her, he decides to force her into taking him. This lead to them arguing and being sassy with each other

Even though they were adorable, it was frustrating to see their relationship. It felt like they constantly took one step forward and two steps back. Going on a road trip with friends will break or make a relationship, which is why the whole idea for this was so intruiging. Yet the problem in the relationshio Jack, it was all Jess. It could have easily have been avoided if she would have just given in.

It was written with alternating point of views and I loved Jack’s point of view. When reading from a guys point of view my biggest pet peeve is when the guys don’t have their own opinion and most of their thoughts are just about how great the main girl is. That was not the case, even though he did think Jess was great he still had his own problems and demons to deal with.

The story line was a little slow, there were a few points where it simply dragged on. Jess’s story mostly bored me and made me roll my eyes at her fickle personality and interests but Jacks story was as interesting as it was constant.

Overall this was a cute read and is great for New Adult fans but don’t expect too much.

Blame it on the Book
Profile Image for Teresa Mary Rose.
1,116 reviews355 followers
February 8, 2017
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Once I started this series I just could not stop. I read all three within a matter of days and it’s been a very long time since I’ve devoured a series like that. I’ve said it in my reviews of the other books, but these books bring me back to the original new adult books. They have the feel of the new adult books I read when the genre was new and I think that’s why I enjoyed them so much. I’ve missed books like this. And while I enjoyed them all, Right Kind Of Wrong is definitely my favorite of the three.

The reason this one is my favorite is all because of Jenna and Jack. I loved Jenna from the moment I met her in Best Kind Of Broken and I just loved her more when I finally got inside her head. Jenna is tough and fierce and wild and independent and I adore her. She has a plan and while she needs to learn to alter it a bit, I so admire that she has such strong goals. I know Jenna is the kind of heroine that a lot of readers are going to struggle with, but the reasons most struggle with her are all the reasons I love her.

Then there is Jack and holy hell did I love Jack. I fell hard for him just like Jenna. I didn’t stand a chance. He is tough and strong and oh my those tattoos. Jack is the exact kind of hero I am a real sucker for. He has a bad boy vibe but he is a good guy. And he is unashamed with his feelings towards Jenna and he lets her know it. He loves Jenna and he wants Jenna and he has no problem telling her so and waiting for her to realize what he already knows. I’m surprised my ovaries didn’t explode.

I think the other thing I loved about this one was that it was a bit darker and grittier than the other two. There is definitely a darker underbelly to this one and it’s much grittier. I always go on and on about sweet and lighthearted romances, but then I get my hands on a gritty one and I go out of my mind. Clearly I’m a sucker for a story with a darker vein.

Right Kind Of Wrong is a really good read and I fell hard for Jack and Jenna. I’m so glad I finally read this series because it was exactly what I needed. I know this is a series I will visit again.
Profile Image for Quinn's Quippy Quotes.
1,236 reviews108 followers
April 5, 2017
I really enjoyed this whole series. This book was quite different than the first two. It may take you by surprise. The first 2 really focus on loss, so I kind of assumed that this one would as well. The conflict in this book didn't have as much depth and that's the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of the 5 stars I gave the other two. I still really enjoyed it and would highly recommend the entire series. I would love to see a fourth book about Ellen, and perhaps the ending of this book was some foreshadowing for that, but I'm not sure. I would definitely read a book for Ellen and I think that it would be a great ending to the series.
Profile Image for Scout Collins.
563 reviews48 followers
January 4, 2021

4 stars for readability
3 stars for plot

Was I right that Right Kind of Wrong would be my least favourite Finding Fate book? Yes. That's why I read it last. However, it was still an enjoyable, quick read.

Jenna and Jack were both interesting characters. I like the somewhat unconventional/less commonly used storyline involving the woman being scared of commitment. I like how the story explored why Jenna was/is so commitment-phobic. There were some contrasting male/female gender roles (Jenna's obsession with control, Jack's emotional communication awareness/ability) while still bringing the good traditional male-female tension/roles too.

Jack and Jenna are a passionate pairing and they were enjoyable to read about.
I appreciated that the book didn't drag on/wasn't super long; it was just about the right length.
Starting the book it seemed like Jenna and Jack were a little more than acquaintances but not quite friends , but as the book progressed it showed that they were much more than that to begin with (). It was about midway through the book when these things were being revealed and I was kind of like, "Oh, I wasn't expecting that deep of a prior connection." But it was good, and the story unfolding was good too. Things did move pretty quickly after the midway mark.

Jack's storyline with the Royals seemed a bit simplistic and used as a plot device to propel the whole story rather than something more organic. The resolution of Jack's main problem in the book was also so seamless that it almost seemed fake in how well it worked. There were definitely moments of realism (related to Jenna's fears especially) but also moments of fantasy-like quick resolving of complicated issues.

Love this scene:

Return of Jenna's grandma:

I would recommend to romance fans, Chelsea Fine fans, and anyone who is intrigued by the description of the book, because it matches the description quite well. Also, if you like tattooed main characters, I'd also recommend the book (that's not my thing, but it is mentioned a decent amount lol).
Profile Image for Becca.
533 reviews98 followers
September 13, 2014
This book was jointly reviewed by myself and my co-blogger
You can check out this review and more at http://lostinlit.com

THE STORY:

THE CHARACTERS:

“Love isn’t an obedient whim. It’s an unruly force, and it answers to no one.”

OVERALL:

4.5 Stars

Favorite Quotes:

Strength isn’t about what you can and cannot achieve. It’s about what you will and will not do in order to achieve.
Profile Image for Jessica .
839 reviews153 followers
September 8, 2014
"Love is the absence of control and the presence of faith. And you won't truly be happy until you surrender to it."

I have been really excited for Jack and Jenna's book for quite some time now. After meeting them in Best Kind of Broken, I was hoping we would get their story because I love the whole good friends turning more arc. Chelsea's stories always leave my heart so happy and full. Her characters are relatable and fun, and she creates such delicious sexual tension between them that you feel as if you are going to burst at the seams yourself from wanting the two to realize their feelings for one another!

Jack and Jenna have become good friends since starting college life in Arizona. However, their friendship is currently.... well, a bit awkward. After spending the night together the previous year, they still have not discussed what happened between them. Which definitely makes for some weird moments, especially when it's obvious they are thinking about the night's events. Jenna refuses to acknowledge what happened and Jack won't bring it up. Therefore, the two are stuck in friend limbo. A road trip back to Louisiana will force the two to reexamine their friendship and feelings for one another, as they can't deny the simmering attraction between them.

Jenna Lacombe is one stubborn girl. So stubborn in fact, that I wanted to slap her a few times for being crazy. She has this great, sexy guy who happens to be someone she can trust implicitly and yet, she pushes him away because he's not a part of 'the plan'. Jenna craves control. She has seen firsthand the effects of what loving a man can do from her mother and she refuses to follow down that same path. Jenna only allows herself to see the negative effects of her mom's single-parenting. Her grandmother tries to help put things in perspective for her, but ultimately Jenna will have to see that allowing herself the chance to love doesn't mean her life will turn out the same way.

Jack, on the other hand, wants to have a relationship with Jenna. There's no doubt in his mind the two shared a connection that night together and he wants that again. He is frustrated that Jenna acts like that night never happened and I think he's a bit hurt as well. He is a good guy with a big heart and Jenna is a crazy person for not embracing that sooner than she did.

I like the sub plotline with Jack's family. He has taken on a lot of responsibility, being the eldest son in the family. Being back home, he realizes pushing his family away the way he did was not right and I'm glad we got to see him realize that and want to make things right. His family history is not the cleanest and he has some history of his own that he is not proud to admit. Catching a ride with Jenna so he can get back home to help them seems ideal at the time, but he never wanted Jenna to get involved with his past, let alone find out the things he had to do. He is sure she will freak out and run for the hills and he'll lose her forever.

As I said earlier, Fine creates some amazing sexual tension between her characters and this book is no exception. In fact, I think it may be the hottest of all three in the series! I loved seeing and feeling their connection to one another. Jenna wants to let Jack in, but she is terrified of the after effects. He makes her feel and she knows she's in love with him. She just can't bring herself to admit that to him, which hurts him and frustrates him, as he sees it too. They have such great banter together also. They fight and piss each other off, but it's just a front to their real feelings for one another. They fight passionately, because they love passionately and that is what makes it all the more exciting.

"A voice is an inescapable lover, unbidden and undeniable. You cannot unhear an enticing phrase or a whispered word, just as you cannot unfeel the heated breath that accompanies such things. And Jack's voice, especially when saying my name, is my total undoing."

Fans of the series will be happy to see Daren, Kayla, Ellen, Pixie, and Levi make small appearances. They don't play huge roles, but just enough to give us some insight as to how they are doing, which I'm always glad for.

Overall, I loved this one. I love Jack and Jenna together and how they are a support for one another. They are true friends to the core and it makes me giddy to see a romance form out of such a friendship. I enjoyed the storyline, felt the connection between the characters, and I cannot wait for whatever Fine does next!

*Received a copy for review via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.*
Profile Image for Three Chicks.
2,592 reviews417 followers
August 31, 2014
This book had me so keyed up and sometimes frustrated I almost didn’t want to finish it, but I’m OCD and can never ever just let a story hang in, I need to know how this ends..I need to know…I guess it makes me nosey…

Jenna Lacomb has to be the most stubborn heroine I’ve every read about. I swear I wanted to hurt her at times, she is a woman with a plan.

I have a plan for my life, my future. A good plan. A solid plan.

I get it you want to be independent. I get you need to be in complete control about everything that you have in your life. She grew up thinking that if you let love in, it destroys you, but lets face it what fun is that? It’s not any fun, its kind of depressing. I mean love, it’s a bitch, it makes you feel things you can’t explain, as an independent person you don’t want to cave to someone else and have to think of them. This is where Jack, my saving grace enters. Who, in my opined, saved this book.

At over six feet tall, with his broad shoulders and endless tattoos, Jack looks intimidating, but really he’s a big softie. I hardly ever see him in a mood other than happy. So this angry version of Jack is a new experience for me. A very hot experience.

So what happens when you schedule a road trip to go back home to NOLA, because your perfectly healthy grandmother thinks she’s dying and Jack decides he’s going to be your road trip partner? After all,
Jack is on his way back to NOLA for a family emergency. What does one do? Well if you ask me, you make him come along and hump him in the back seat every chance you get, but that’s just me. Jenna knows no good can come from her going cross-country with the man she had a one-night fling with, she refuses to drive him anywhere. I mean she’s the one in control. But guess who ends up coming along? That’s right people, my main man Jack. I mean it’s a win/win for everyone, especially since he’s in love with her. I know I said the “L” word, it’s a scary word, but life is scary.

We don’t speak for the rest of our journey through Arizona and I’m grateful for the reprieve. Don’t get me wrong. I like talking to Jack. Truly. He’s fascinating in his own way. Part trouble, part mystery. Playful and pensive. He’s one of the few males on this planet I enjoy conversing with-when he’s not being a dickhead, of course.

But sometimes when you’re with the very person that you care about, and you’re trying to make sure your heart is agreeing with your head, it can become overwhelming.

When Jack said my name, my whole world came undone. My insides turned to goo and my strength to mush. Just that single word “Jenna” on his lips made me wish for things I have no business wanting. Things like love and romance and babies are forever. Things that have no place in my future.

In the end it was a great story. And then the saying, “Why does something so right feel so wrong?” comes into play. Except what if it’s the right kind of wrong?

Profile Image for Mikki D.
600 reviews80 followers
September 8, 2014
Please! Please tell me that this series is not over?!?!?!?! I want more!!!!!!! From the moment I read Best Kind of Broken, I knew that this was going to be a series that was going to make me feel all kinds of different emotions. I love Pixie, Levi, Kayla, Daren, Jenna and Jack to pieces!!! I have cried and laughed with them. I was cheering for my girls to find ''the one'' who would make their hearts beat fast. I was hi-fiving the guys for the way they swept the girls off their feet. I loved every single minute of my reading escape!

Right Kind of Wrong is the third installment in the Finding Fate Series. It's from Jenna and Jack's POV, and let me tell you that these two are freakin' fire together! Holy hot chemistry! *Fans Self* We met Jenna in the first Installment, which is Best Kind of Broken. She's Pixie's best friend and she's a real I-don't-take-crap-from-anybody kind of heroine! Her heart beats faster when Jack is around her and she can't forget the extremely sexy night that they shared together. He gets deep under her skin and she does everything in her power to push him away because falling in love is not part of her ''Plan''. But, Jack is persistent and he will do everything in his power to make her see that giving their love a chance has a place in her ''Plan''.

I read this book in one sitting because I could not put it down!!! This story had some twists that I was not expecting. When Jack and Jenna go back home we get a few surprises. I was like ... What?!?!?! Holy moly! This is all kinds of trouble! I don't like to give out spoilers so I won't explain what happens back home, but I will say this ... it was my favorite part of the story because that's when Jack takes over the story and swept me off MY feet! *Swoon* The way he takes care of his family and Jenna. Awwww!!! My heart was super happy!!! At one point of the story I was literally screaming at Jenna to wake-up and smell the coffee because she was going to let an unbelievable man walk out of her life. Oh my crap! That girl was stubborn!!!! Thank God, Jack knew exactly what to say and do to win her heart :) He was so patient with her! <3

Chelsea Fine exceeded all of my expectations! I can't get enough of this series! The writing style is amazing and the characters are extremely lovable and funny. I LOL a couple of times when Jack's mom was around. OMG!! She was so funny!!! And, don't even get me started with Jenna's grandmother .... Teehee!

This book can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading the two previous books because Pixie, Levi, Kayla and Daren are all kinds of awesome! I loved all the little scenes that these couples had in Right Kind of Wrong. I love to check-in with them! I really hope that this is not the end of the Finding Fate Series. I really want Ellen to get her own book :) She's such an amazing character! I really want her to get her HEA.

I give, Right Kind of Wrong, by Chelsea Fine 4.5 fun, sexy, exciting, page-turning stars!
Profile Image for Sheyla ✎.
1,796 reviews453 followers
September 1, 2014
Jenna Oliver is going back home after her grandmother is saying she is dying one more time which she has used before as an excuse to get her home. Jenna will not spend money on air ticket, she will drive home instead. What she didn't expect was to get the tattoo hunk Jack Oliver as her passenger. She has tried to forget their one night together a year ago but she still can't. Spending hours in the same place is going to be really hard on her mind and body.

Jack Oliver is forced to go back home when his little brother disappears. A place he said he was not going back to but for his family he'll do it. He jumps at the chance to join Jenna since he doesn't want her driving alone and maybe this trip will force her to deal with her feelings for him.

Jenna and Jack both left home for a reason and now they both must face what was left behind and hopefully come out unharmed.

I really love Jack and Jenna.
Jenna is independent and she feels like love can change her future. She doesn't want any men interfering with her plans. She doesn't want to end up like her mother. Poverty is not in her vocabulary anymore. She won't be a failure although she knows Jack is her Kryptonite.
Jack is a good guy that may have done bad things but he has a good heart. He loves his family and he shows it more than once. He also wants Jenna but he gave her the space she needed. A year later, he doesn't feel that magnanimous anymore. He's there to try to make her open up to him.

As per the secondary characters, I liked both of Jack's brothers and his mother Lily was hilarious.
Jenna's grandmother "dying every year" routine was funny too.
I keep saying Ellen needs her own HEA. She has helped all three couples and it's time for her to find her own happiness.
My only complaint with this story would be that Jack's family drama was solved too fast and too easy with a bow on top. Something going wrong may have been a better trigger for Jenna to open up her heart faster.
I do wonder who the next couple is.

“Because I hurt when you hurt. And I’m happy when you’re happy—and not because you have control over me, but because I love you. And I like loving you.”

Cliffhanger : No
4/5 Fangs
A complimentary copy was provided by the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It
Facebook
Profile Image for Billie.
Author 1 book26 followers
November 21, 2014
"Right kind of Wrong" was the third book from the Finding Fate series. I love this as much as the first and second book. If you ask me to describe each book in one word, this would be my answer:

1 . Best Kind of Broken ---> The SWEETEST!

2. Perfect Kind of Trouble ----> The "FUN-NEST" ! ( If there's such thing as that word?! )

3. Right Kind of Wrong ----> This is the STEAMIEST!!! Yes! Big Yes! ..and Big thanks to Jack!

Jack is just... damn HOT and sweet at the same time!!! He is that kind of guy who will protect you at all cost... at the same time he's THAT kind of guy who's not afraid to say that three magic words and really mean EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. If I put Jack in a mathematical equation .. ( Hah! there is?!! ) ... it's MUSHY-BALL + MUSCLES = JACK !!! Seeeee?! If only MATH is as interesting as this? I would be majoring in MATHEMATICS! haha! ( no kidding! ) So, no need to ask me if I. Love. Jack? Because I do. I do!

Jenna, the love interest... well, was something else. I don't like her at all! Jenna = ANNOYING I mean, I love that she was a loving grand daughter, a loving sister...independent.. but not to THAT extent. THAT she won't fall in love???? THAT she won't settle?? I understood her notions of love and what it did to her grandma and mom, but really???? Could that really happen to her??? With Jack???? Jenna.. Jenna.... Stop over thinking? Will ya?!

ents. ( Courtesy of Jack of course! Well, thank you Jack. * batters eyelashes* )

I love their chemistry. I felt the undeniable connection there. And when they do try to "physically connect":...my oh my! For me, that was the hottest love scene Ms. Chelsea Fine has written! I read a lot of steamy scenes but the ones with Jack and Jenna really stood out. There was that connection that was beyond physical level. I felt that it was something more, specially for Jack. And I love him for making Jenna feel that "something. "

Overall, I love this book and if Ms. Fine was still planning to write more on this series? I would gladly and excitedly wait and read it for sure!
Profile Image for Tara .
159 reviews7 followers
August 30, 2014
First we met Levi & Pixie, their story has a little bit of a YA feel to it, in my opinion but for a first go at a different type of writing, I could see there was a lot of potential for what was to come.

In the second book of the Finding Fate series, we join Kayla and Daren on their adventure. I really enjoyed that book and felt Chelsea Fine had really found her way of telling an NA story. The one thing that I thought was really missing was one more current chapter or an epilogue. (This was my favorite book in the series)

All three of the books in the Finding Fate series intersect at different points, so they are all really being told at the same time.

On this third leg of the journey we are road-tripping with Pixie's roommate Jenna and her friend Jack. Jack is yummy! Sexy and confident...

"...the sound of Jack's voice poured into my ears and dripped down my spine, melting me one syllable at a time."

You definitely got that feel for him as the story was told.

This book definitely upped the mark on language and sexy talk, so there is no mistaking it for YA...but (don't shoot me!) Jenna annoyed the hell out of me.

I read the story because I loved Jack. There was enough drama with his family that I didn't think it needed to be as over the top in Jenna drama. She wanted to be so fiercely independent but indecisive that it made me want to scream at times.

Jack was steady though, and even seeing the different sides of him - there wasn't a side I couldn't get behind.

One of the things this story did have though, were GREAT love quotes from Jack and Jenna's family and Pixie's Aunt Ellen...

"Love isn't an obedient whim. It's an unruly force. And it answers to no one." - so true!

"Choosing to love a man, and letting that man love you back, is the most independent thing a girl can do for herself. No independent person is truly successful on their own." Go Aunt Ellen!

This story comes full circle with the others and ends in the same place...and again I'd say I needed a little bit more at that point. An extra chapter or an epilogue...I just needed a little more to pull me past the finish line.

**ARC provided via Net Galley**
Profile Image for Melissa.
647 reviews28.6k followers
September 12, 2014
There was more wrong than right with this book. Best Kind of Broken, the first book in the series, is one of my favorite reads of the year. So it hurts my heart to say this one was disappointing, just like the second. The spark that made BKB so special was missing for me.

The story starts off with Jack and Jenna in an awkward place. They've worked together in a bar, become friends and even spent one intense night together. Jack is in love with Jenna and he's open about his feelings. Jenna, on the other hand, is in complete denial. Jack doesn't fit into her life plan. She wants to be in total control and doesn't need or want a man to dictate her happiness. Even though Jack is amazing and totally gets her.

They end up on a road trip together. She lives in NOLA and he lives in a small town nearby. They are both dealing with family drama. Jenna's grandmother fakes near death to get her to visit and Jack's brother gets caught up with drug dealers.
"You're not scared of losing me, Jenna. You're scared of having me."
I struggled with this story because it felt like it started off in the middle. I missed out on Jenna and Jack falling in love, which is the best part of any story. There was no building of their feelings, no intense connection or deep emotions. The story was basically family drama and Jenna finding the strength to admit her true feelings to Jack. She was neurotic and constantly flip flopping. The pacing of the story also felt off. The family drama, wrapped up too quickly and neatly and the remainder of the story was a little boring and predictable. I'm not sure at this point if I would read another book in this series.

3/5 Fangs
MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It

*Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Garden Of REden.
1,162 reviews61 followers
July 7, 2015
When Jack left his small, run down town of Little Vail, he thought he left his past behind. Jenna has a plan. Her plan does not include relying on a man to take care of her. Jack and Jenna are both on a path that is about to collide.
Jenna and Hack had one hot night together a few months ago, and while it was more than just sex, both of them, Jack is more than willing to admit his feelings for Jenna. Jenna is reluctant to admit that she is feeling much more than friendship for Jack. She thinks admitting her feelings is just like admitting defeat. The tension has been simmering for months and is about to bubble over the surface when circumstances beyond either of their control sends them on a cross country road trip.

Right Kind Of Wrong is much more suspenseful that the first two books in the series. Hacks background is shady. He has worked his tail off to get away from it, only to be sucked back in when his family is in trouble. The last thing Jack wants to do is drag Jenna into it, electing to keep her as safe as possible. Regardless of Jack’s trying to keep Jenna out of it, she is invested. She can deny her feelings all she wants, but what she feels is more than friendly.

I loved the chemistry and sexual tension between Jack and Jenna. You just kept waiting for the explosion. I am a big fan of a suspenseful story as background and Chelsea Fine did it right. I was kept on my toes, hoping for everyone safety. All I wanted was for Jack and Jenna to have their happy ending. You’ll have to read it to find out what happens, but Chelsea Fine’s writing grips you from page one and has you fully ensconced in their lives and pulling for their happily ever after.

4 STARS
Profile Image for Maiko Lenting-Lu.
92 reviews4 followers
February 24, 2016
Oh, Chelsea Fine, why can I not stop reading you!?

The plot is silly, the characters are unfathomably attractive (and messed up) and this one involves organised crime! The predictable silliness aside, I devoured this in two sittings. Fine is very easy to read and the story flies by at a quick pace. The alternating chapters between Jenna and Jack work well, though sometimes I do wonder if boys do think that way or if us girls just wish they did, and these two are much less annoying than the pair from Perfect Kind of Trouble.

These books aren’t great literature but for what they are, they are Shakespeare. Continue being the Queen of New Adult, Ms Fine. You deserve it.
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
August 7, 2014
Jack that boy is a huge flirt, and honestly I don't think he takes anything to heart, "second," he says with playful eyes. "is that your way of telling me I'm big?" I loved being inside his head, "if buying Jenna's gas keeps her safe by my side then I'll purchase every last drop in the country. And then some." Jenna she's a little wildcat in bed, "this time with my hands free to roam his sweaty body. To grip his a**. To claw at his back." Although I enjoyed this book my favorite was the second book in the series.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 203 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.