Start by marking “Mean Streak” as Want to Read:
Mean Streak

Mean Streak

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  42,471 ratings  ·  4,304 reviews
From #1 New York Times best-selling author Sandra Brown comes a heart-pounding story of survival, that takes the age-old question, "Does the end justify the means?" and turns it on its head.

Dr. Emory Charbonneau, a pediatrician and marathon runner, disappears on a mountain road in North Carolina. By the time her husband Jeff, miffed over a recent argument, reports her miss
Published August 19th 2014 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mean Streak, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Paula Brandon Because the book was a badly written, nonsensical piece of crap!

·  42,471 ratings  ·  4,304 reviews

Start your review of Mean Streak
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!!

description

Having read almost all of Sandra Brown’s books, I was really worried that this book wouldn’t captivate me at all. That turned out to be a misplaced fear. I will admit that some of Brown’s recent releases aren’t up to standard compared to her older work, but I believe longtime fans (and newbies) will find a winner with Mean Streak. Written with romantic undertones, this story will keep you on your toes and deliver plot twists up until the very end of the book.

************

Renowned pedia
♥Sharon♥
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Another 5 star rating for Sandra Brown! How could that be right? Well this woman writes some pretty amazing books.

photo Firstcollage_zpsb6ee1140.jpg

Where to begin….

I don’t think it really is fair for me to give too much detail about the plot. For starters I really wouldn’t know where to begin with this one. Then of course I wouldn’t want to give anything away because IMO with a suspense novel, one little thing could really ruin it for you.

I’m going to try and just give you some tidbits so
Jill
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Dr Emory Charbonneau, preparing for an upcoming marathon, disappears while on a twenty-mile run in the high mountain altitude of North Carolina. Suffering from a concussion, she wakes in a hut with a man who claims he found her unconscious in the snow, and who refuses to give her his name. With no phone, no way of communicating with the outside world, and with thick fog and heavy, falling snow, it is impossible to leave.

description

As usual in a Sandra Brown thriller there are twists and turns, red herrings
Kasia
Dec 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Friends don't let friends read Sandra Brown.
It was my first.
Never again.
Lesson learned.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!!

Well played Sandra Brown.....well played!!!

Kudos for the jaw dropping revelations! You really got me a few times! Not that it's that hard!

This was definitely veering off the path of what I normally read but I really enjoyed it. Could have done with a bit more romance but the story kept me engaged and had me guessing until the very last page!

Kathleen
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Story Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Romance Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 5 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 5, HE ALWAYS DID WHAT HE SAID STARS!

photo 084c3ec6e72985993ec1123ecf9e2f35_collage5_zpswsakfymx.jpg

Mean Streak was an AMAZING read for me. The story starts off with the heroine Emory and her husband Jeff having an argument over her training and running marathons. Right off the bat I STRONGLY disliked her husband, he was so self-absorbed, I wanted to smack him upside his head. When Emory gets ready to
Mo
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
Dr. Emory Charbonneau, a pediatrician and marathon runner, disappears on a mountain road in North Carolina. Her husband, Jeff, does not report her missing for a few days and then the trail is gone cold. While police suspect Jeff of instant divorce, Emory, suffering from an unexplained head injury, regains consciousness and finds herself the captive of a man whose violent past is so dark that he won t even tell her his name. She’s determined to escape him, and willing to take any risks necess
Suzanne
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favourites
Hayes. Emory. These are intriguing and perfect character names to take us on a thrilling romantic ride. I’m new to this genre, but Sandra Brown does this so well! How good is this:

Sorry, Doc.
For what?
Keeping you awake.
I haven’t complained.
So, you want me to stop?
Don’t stop this?
No. God no. Don’t…don’t stop.
You’ll have to be the one who says you’ve had enough.
I’m not there yet.
Good because I can’t stop.

Given my newness to this racy romance thriller thing, I noticed in a flash that it was f
Karen
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

[image error]  photo tumblr_m0z60ugDez1r5krq3o1_500.jpg

He kissed her like he meant it, like this kiss was going to be the last thing he ever did on earth, and he was going to do it right, thoroughly, and leave nothing wanting.

Yes, I’m back to Sandra Brown. And honestly, I just can’t get enough of these suspense/thriller/romances. These books have kept me on the edge of my seat, like a page-turning maniac. And I am always struggling to work it all out in my head. This one was no different, although a little more predictabl
Brandi
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

description

Mean Streak is a suspenseful, edge of your seat read, with twist and turns around every corner.

Dr. Emory Charbonneau is a very successful pediatrician, beloved within her social and work community, but her marriage is a different story. While training for a marathon, her life takes an unexpected detour. On an isolated North Carolina mountain road, Emory disappears, and the search begins.

Emory wakes up to a concussion in a remote cabin, in the company of a mysterious man. He claims to hav
Susan (the other Susan)
Alp
This was a mind-blowing read. Everything about this book was amazing, except the part where the heroine, Emory, cheated on her husband. I must admit, I almost put this book down as soon as I knew that she had sex with the other man. Of course, as a reader, I knew what was really going on and that her husband was cheating on her, but according to the story, Emory hadn't known that fact! Although she suspected her husband was cheating on her, there was no evidence. It doesn't matter how bad he ...more
♥Rachel♥
Mean Streak was my first reading experience by Sandra Brown, but it won’t be my last. It was a cleverly crafted mystery with plenty of suspense, danger, twists and turns, and a very sexy romance! I think it’s best to go in with just the barest of facts and relish the mystery and revelations as they come.

Dr. Emory Charbonneau is training for a marathon and goes on a strenuous mountain trail, gets knocked out and wakes up in a stranger’s cabin without any knowledge of how she got there. The strang
Duchess Nicole
Sandra Brown has truly outdone herself with this book, and that is saying a lot. What a refreshing read, and not because of the subject matter. Because this is what an amazing author can throw at us...look, Mom! There are still authors like this out there!!! Look, EVERYONE!!! THERE ARE STILL AMAZING AUTHORS OUT THERE!!!! WITH ENTIRELY NEW STORIES TO TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her characters are unique, her plot is full and fast paced, the sex was hot, yet romantic and tasteful, the suspense was inten
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Oh Sandra Brown! Good ol' trusty reliable Sandra Brown. Always a good read! No exceptions for this gripping romantic thriller with its twists and turns and steamy love scenes. I really enjoyed it.

While training for a marathon in the freezing conditions of the North American wilderness, Dr Emery Charbonneau loses consciousness and wakes in a cabin with a head injury, being nursed back to health by a rugged and extremely mysterious man. However, mystery man isnt giving even giving her his name, an
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Reread on: 5.08.20
Decided today I’m going to revisit some SB favorites 😊

Review posted at: www.SweptAwayByRomance.com

4.5 Suspenseful Stars!

When Dr. Emory Charbonneau, a renowned pediatrician, avid marathoner, and philanthropist disappears while training for a marathon in the mountains of North Carolina. The local police fear the worst, however her husband, Jeff, has not reported her missing. He hasn't heard from her in two days, but isn't worried and thinks she's trying to punish him for an
Ingie
Written July 14, 2015

4.7 Stars - Wow! This one knocked me. ...and destroyed my nails

Mean Streak is a 2014 novel by the Master Writer in her genre, the fantastic Sandra Brown (SB). I just felt this would be an amazing good (..saw some happy friend-reviews too) adventure. And Jippie yay...

...12 listening-hours later and not a single boring minute ~ Thrilling exciting. Fabulous romantic. ~ I was on my edge, interested, eager and nearly stunned this entire journey. Once again
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

Emory finds herself unconscious with an unexplained head injury. Now in the hands of a mysterious stranger. Who is he?

The story was gripping from the beginning. I liked both MCs but where it failed to reach higher marks is I would have personally preferred more romance than suspense. The suspense side was exhausting and I felt like I needed some answers sooner.

There was some good twists and one liners but just missing that little bit extra to convince me of their romance.

BR with Fran,
Alex is The Romance Fox
Sandra Brown is one of my favourite romantic suspense writers and whilst her latest book, Mean Streak is a good one, it’s not as good as some of her earlier novels like Breath of Scandal and French Silk, just two of my favourites.

One of the things she does well is how she manages to surprise me every time....just when I think I have it all worked out...I know who the villain is....BAM....no, not anything I thought I knew!!!! And once again, she does this in this fast paced story that includes be
peachygirl
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Damn, that was unexpected! But then I kinda suspected Jeff was innocent (of the murder, at least). He was definitely not smart enough to pull it off.
Prick enough to try, yes.
Shrewd enough to succeed, no.

Now about the book, the Hero's need for isolation after the shootout was understandable, but the FBI agent's continued interest in him for 4 years seemed far fetched. But he was hot, the girl wasn't annoying, the romance was decent and the intrigue kept me going.
Definitely gonna come back for mo
Didi
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 STARS

This was my first SB book, and I loved it!

Chock full of suspense, twists and turns, red herrings and powerful sexual tension, it was completely satisfying in every way. I loved the various third person pov's and how things were built up slowly allowing you to simmer in an air of mystery and intrigue. This was also very intelligent and well written leaving me eager to get my hands on more of this authors work.
I loved Emory. She was a great character devoted to doing the right things. I
Michelle
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Once again Sandra Brown had me guessing who done it all the way to the end. You think you have it figured out then you get smacked upside the head with the real villain.

Emory is a wife and a pediatrician. She also loves to run. She works a lot and her free time is usually spent training for marathons. This doesn't sit well with her husband Jeff. He's mad that she's going off for the weekend to train in the mountains.
Jeff isn't worried when Emory doesn't come home the next day. He's stil
Jeanne
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: br

This book was definitely a page turner, my first Sandra Brown book. I'm not sure I felt that all of the dots were connected in the end, some things didn't make sense to me. (view spoiler). I really enjoyed it though.

BR with Ami, Fran and Ada:)) Thanks for leaving me cool spoilers!
Mean Streak is a standalone novel written by author Sandra Brown. It is the first novel I have ever read by Ms. Brown and it was pretty damn good! I would say Mean Streak falls in the genres of romantic suspense and mystery. I drew several different conclusions while reading this book, and although one of them turned out to be correct, this story is in no way predictable. It has some pretty major twists and turns in it, which kept me fully engaged. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to h ...more
S.M. West
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely LOVE a fabulous mystery with intrigue, danger, secrets and lies, and of course, sexual tension. Ms. Brown has this all going on in spades in this book!!

On top of all that, her characters are fantastic. Loved the two MCs and the secondary characters are just as engaging; rich with personality, complexity and witty dialogue.

"She wanted to experience him, every rough surface, every gruff word, his outdoorsy scent, the whiskey taste of his breath, the arrogant jut of his penis."
 photo meanstreak_zps26b5dae2.jpg
"Mo
Brenna
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a suspense novel in ages and this was the perfect book to get me excited about the genre again. So many twists and turns! I absolutely loved it!

I’m going to keep the information about the book fairly brief, because not knowing what to expect is half the fun with this type of read. I didn’t read many reviews before going into this, just looked over ratings and I’m so glad because I had no idea where the story would lead me in the end.

Dr. Emory Charbonneau is an esteemed pediatrici
Fareya
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I gave Sandra Brown another chance. Lethal was my first book by her and although a decent read, I didn't find it to be phenomenal. Mean Streak on the other hand was absolutely brilliant. It was exactly what I expect my romantic suspense reads to be like - taut with suspense, plenty of unpredictable plot twists and a slight yet sizzling romance element. The added bonus in this was the unexpected emotions throughout, cutting but not overdone.

Dr. Emory Charbonneau is a pediatrician, ph
Glass
And of course I had to wait until last 5% to find out who the bad guy is. But it was worth it!
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio...5 stars
Story.... 2 Stuck in Time stars

It's been about 30 years since I've read a Sandra Brown book. She was an absolute favorite author of mine back in the day because her books were racier and grittier than most of the romance books I was reading. Back in the 80s and 90s I'd have to say she was ahead of the times. Now, in 2020, I have to say she is stuck in time. I can't believe that nothing much has changed in her storytelling style. I'm so disappointed. But that's just me. I've chan
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I just loved this book! There were lots of 'OMG I can't believe he/she just did/said that' moments.

Mean Streak is fast paced, with myriad twists, turns and switchbacks. It is packed with dark lies, white lies, deception and a warm streak of humanity. It is a book of conundrums and contradictions.

This is the best Sandra Brown novel I have ever read (and I have read a few!).

Following an argument with her husband Dr Emery Charbonneau, a paediatrician and marathon runner sets off to a remote mountai

• Mean Streak
  • Honor Bound
  • Sweet Anger
  • Seduction by Design
  • The Thrill of Victory
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • A Kiss Remembered
  • Hidden Fires
  • Under Currents
  • The Obsession
  • A Treasure Worth Seeking
  • The Silken Web
  • Not Even for Love
  • Love Beyond Reason

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy nove