Start by marking “It Happened at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #3)” as Want to Read:
It Happened at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #3)

It Happened at Christmas

(Christmas, Colorado #3)

"Christmas, Colorado, will get you in the spirit for love all year long." --- Jill Shalvis, New York Times bestselling author

Love is the best Christmas gift of all.

Free-spirited activist Skylar Davis is out of money and out of options. After using up her trust fund trying to save the world, she hides out in Christmas, hoping the kindness of friends will help her forget the
Published September 30th 2014 by Forever (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about It Happened at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened at Christmas

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Although predictable, this was a great addition to my Holiday line up of Christmas books.

Set in the small town of Christmas, Colorado everybody within the town knows each other and is quick to integrate themselves within the business of the two main characters and their "scandalous" relationship.

I mean, having everyone know my business is not a way I personally would want to live; however, I cannot get enough of these small towns and the community within it. Especially with the characters of th
Sissy's Romance Book Review
It Happened at Christmas is book Three in the Christmas, Colorado Series. This is the story of Ethan O'Connor and Skylar 'Skye' Davis. I haven't yet read the previous book so for me this was a standalone book. Skye decided to go to her best friend after some bad money choices and life decisions. Now she runs right into Ethan who is so attractive but his views are different from hers. He is more structured with different political views. Where Skye is a flight risk and is more easy going.
This wa
Liz F
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I should have known that when I read the blurb for book, I wasn’t going to fall in love with the heroine. “Free-spirited” must be code for “flighty,” because if I had to describe Skylar in one word, that would be it. Please don’t get me wrong – I love good-intentioned and/or idealistic characters as much as the next person. But I feel like those kinds of characters have to be tempered with something else … something grounded and real. Skylar being free-spirited AND giving away all of her money j ...more
Melanie
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
I had a much harder time with this book. One of my biggest pet peeves in people is self-righteousness, and Skye had that in spades. She treats her friends poorly, lying to them, even after they've gone out of their way to help her. She's rude and self absorbed. She can't hold her tongue even though her friend is doing her a favor by hiring her. She runs through her vast fortune on dumb stuff and then we're supposed to feel bad for her. It's hard to root for someone when you find them so unlikabl ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: una

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Una

I started this book not knowing if I would enjoy it however as I got into the story I started to really appreciate the authors development of the characters.

Skylar Davis whose past lifestyle has her perceived as egocentric spoiled, wild and rich returns to Christmas Colorado broke from several bad financial decisions and pregnant with the town’s mayor’s baby? What I liked about Skylar that in spite of her circumstance she
Sharon Redfern
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This has been such a good series and this book doesn't disappoint. Skye, onetime rich girl who now is flat broke, has returned to Christmas to regroup. To say that Skye is a free spirit is underestimating her past life. Bad decisions and unscrupulous friends have brought her down but not out. When she has a one night stand with Ethan, a conservative who is running for State Senator, Skye knows it can't go anywhere.The laws of reproduction however, have a different take and the t ...more
Joann
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite so far in this series.
Deb
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It Happened at Christmas was a heart lifting Christmas Romance that shows even in the worse of times a miracle can happen.

Read More. . . http://www.romanceswithalittlekick.co...
Debbie Oxier
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Skye had pretty much been a wild child, getting into one scrape after another. Now that she's older, she remains a force to be reckoned with, an animal rights activist, vegan, environmentalist, if it's a worthy cause she most likely supports it. When she comes to Christmas, Colorado, to be with her best friend, Madison, she ends up staying. In truth, she's hiding out from a scumbag who's out to get her. She figures Christmas is the last place anyone would look for her. And there's the little mat ...more
Cathy Genna - 2013 RWA Bookseller of the Year
I've fallen in love with Christmas, Colorado Debbie Mason. Skylar Davis and I have a few things in common so it was really easy to relate her.

This story reminds me how important my friends are, that things aren't always what they seem and that a good loving parent does what they feel is in the best interest of their child.

From the start you can feel the attraction Skye and the hunky mayor Ethan feel for each other.
With each day normal life issues happy, humorous and scandalous events pull them
JoMarie DeGioia
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and really wanted to know how the story ended. I did have a very hard time connecting with the heroine. She seemed flighty and selfish and how could she not be showing at 18 weeks? Still, the author did a good job of keeping me engaged and rooting for the hero and heroine to work it out. And I must say that Betty Jean is the best character I've read in a long time! I'll look for more stories from Christmas, Colorado.
Bette Hansen
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! These Christmas, CO stories keep getting better and better! This is Skylar and Ethan's story and it's a wild ride for these two. The ultra conservative senate bound Ethan and the tree hugging vegan Skylar are definitely an odd couple but one that works beautifully. I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves sweet small town romances.
Jeanie Jackson
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Oh, what a wonderful town! This isn't just a book, it is a community and I love it. There is a bit of mystery in the great romance that just adds to the flavor and to the unexpect element of the story. Meeting these people made me want to know everyone better.
Carrie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
As my very wise and wonderful friend warned me beforehand, the protagonist in this book is pretty annoying and self serving throughout. Just okay in the end (but not terrible).
Maria V
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Janet
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Christmas in romance books is a time when anything is possible—lonely reserved virgins can be swept off their feet by Prince Charming, an unexpected pregnancy can be the catalyst that nudges a casual relationship into a courtship, and estranged friends and former-lovers can get a second chance at love. Perhaps you’ve heard of the “Keep Christmas in December” campaign? That campaign doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of catching on in Romlandia. Escaping into the pages of a Christmas-themed ...more
The_reading_foodie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Skylar Davis has gone through her trust fund trying to save the world. Now broke, she ends up in Christmas, Colorado living with friends as she tries to put her life back together. What she doesn’t expect is to run in to Ethan O’Conner who’s running for the state senate seat. They shared that one magical night neither of them can forget. Can they stay away from each other or will faith throw them together?
This one was just ok for me. It had its cute moments but overall I feel it was missing som
Shelleen Toland
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book of the series and you get to know more of the characters in this series. This book focuses on Skylar and Ethan.
Skylar came to Christmas because she is broke after losing all her inheritance. But she doesn't tell her best friend Madison.
Ethan is running for Colorado State Senate and doesn't need the drama in his life that Skylar creates. His mom does not like her and wants him eot settle down with his campaign manager. Skylar is a vegan and against so much of what Ethan is fo
Kathleen Booker
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed getting to know Skye and Ethan two complete opposites who find their selves falling in love. Was worried that Claudia and Ethan's Mom was going to keep them apart but they finally figured out a way to be together. I think I would have scratched Claudia's eyes out several times.

Dr. Charlotte Bailey finds her husband in conference room having sex with board member and she ends up getting exiled to Christmas,Colorado as CEo of hospital there. She finds herself attracted to Dr. matt
Stephenee
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good Christmas book!! I am a sucker for Christmas stories (no idea why) and this was one that I had looked at and left on my TBR shelf a few times, but I finally picked it up and I am glad that I did! I really liked the characters, the setting (Christmas, Colorado) and the plot of the story. The author made an epic reference to herself as an author, but in her book, between the characters! It was my favorite part of the whole story!

The author did an amazing job with not making the sto
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I think maybe this series is just okay. Like, I like the characters okay. Mostly it's pretty cute. But maybe there is just a bit too much going on all the time. Not enough downtime? I guess I like having a little bit of time with the wooing before the drama hits.

(view spoiler)
Traci Westling
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect example of reading a book out of series order is fine! AND WHAT A GREAT ONE TO PICK being that in crave the accidental pregnancy troupe probably more than any other person on this planet ! I could write all night about all the hilarious and brilliant comments or accidental one liners that has me rolling in this story about Sky and her pregnant state! I commend Debbie on making me really not like Liz because of how she treated Sky as a person . I SO LOVED the chemistry between alpha sexy ...more
Cheryl
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It Happened at Christmas

Trust fund baby is now broke. What to do? Skye has no work experience but she does have her "causes" but they pay nothing. She has her blog which brings a little money but she needs more advertising. When she blogs about the local candidate for state senator things pick up. She can't get this guy out of head since their one night stand after her friends wedding. This is their story.
Debra McEathron
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good story. Skye had to overcome several issues and with the help of her friends she was eventually able to do so. Her new husband had to remember what he loved about her and take time to remember that whenever things blew up unexpectedly. Great characters with some quirky fun thrown in with the serious aspects that were happening. The second short story was okay and eventually she rallied to the town and saved the hospital.
Brenda
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like this series, but this one fell a little short for me. It didn't seem possible (but it might be very true in the political world) that Skye and Evan would just marry like they did. I was glad for the happy ending and the round about way to get there. I look forward to continuing this series. It's just a great mindless read!
Sonnetta
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were times when I wanted to pop Ethan, Claudia and Liz. Maddie, Vivian and Skylar’s friendship is interesting. They love each other but still keep secrets from each other. Ethan did redeem himself.
Sherri
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m disappointed in this third book in the series. The drama was a bit too crazy and characters’ reactions to it was unbelievable. Plus, the pacing felt rushed with some big events happening off-page. I loved Ethan but just couldn’t warm up enough to Skye.
Gina
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Debbie Mason book that I've read, and I can tell she's going to be one of my favorites. I love how she made Skye so real and honest. Looking forward to reading more of Miss Debbie's books!!!
Kathy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cathy Evans
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book started out to political for me but in the end the politics seemed less important. I enjoyed the characters and the way they all interacted. The bonus book was also good but to much happened at the very end. Should have been longer.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • Laid Out and Candle Lit (Tizzy/Ridge Trilogy #1)
  • The Lodge on Holly Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #6)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • No Christmas Like the Present
  • Twelve Nights (Blue Moon Lake, #1.5)
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Jingle Bell Bride
  • A Christmas Hope
  • Ring in the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays #2)
  • Holiday with a Twist
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • Betting the Rainbow (Harmony, #7)
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #1)

Debbie Mason is the USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of the Christmas, Colorado series and the Harmony Harbor series. The first book in her Christmas, Colorado series, “The Trouble with Christmas,” was the inspiration for Hallmark’s “Welcome to Christmas.” Her books have been praised by RT Book Reviews for their “likable characters, clever dialogue, and juicy plots.” When Debbie

Christmas, Colorado (7 books)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • Christmas in July (Christmas, Colorado, #2)
  • Wedding Bells in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #4)
  • Snowbound at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #5)
  • Kiss Me in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #6)
  • Happy Ever After in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado #7)
“mean he didn’t think about her, keep” 2 likes
“Maybe you didn’t notice, but I’m not wearing my costume. I’m not the Sugar Plum Cake Fairy today.”
“Oh, I noticed,” he said as his eyes took a lazy head-to-toe tour of her body. “And you still look good enough to eat.”
0 likes