Start by marking “Day 21 (The 100, #2)” as Want to Read:
Day 21 (The 100, #2)

Day 21

(The 100 #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  22,066 ratings  ·  2,048 reviews
No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.
It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his
Published September 16th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Day 21, please sign up.
Amanda Belick It's been said by show executives that when they were writing the show they only had the outline of the first book to go off of. I have watched the…moreIt's been said by show executives that when they were writing the show they only had the outline of the first book to go off of. I have watched the show and have read the first book and they are pretty much completely separate. Really the only things that are the same are the general idea of The 100 going back down to Earth and a few character names. Other than that pretty much everything is very different. I'm doubtful that the show will have much more than that in common with the next 2 books, and I've even seen on twitter that the writers have yet to read Day 21.(less)
Amanda Belick There is definitely going to be a 3rd book. It's called "Homecoming" and it's going to be released on February 24th.

·  22,066 ratings  ·  2,048 reviews

Start your review of Day 21 (The 100, #2)
Julie
Aug 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This continues to be the campy soap opera / shitty AU fanfic version of the show.

Let us itemise my grievances:
Clarke is more of a damsel in distress, to the extent of literally having to be carried back to camp in Bellamy's arms (when, you know who he did that for in-show? FINN). Which could be fine in a character, except that we have this pre-established version of her in the show -- I cannot help but think of the episode I Am Become Death, where she is literally (view spoiler)
Aishu Rehman
Love the books! Love the Bellarke combo. I love the way Bellamy looks at Clarke on the show - I so wish they'd follow the book series more closely. Clarke is also less selfish in the books, too. She doesn't let people get bombed and killed to save herself. Clarke's character just changes in the breeze on the show... One minute she's saving people, next minute shes willing to sacrifice whoever. It's just annoying. Books are so much better!
Riley
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, books-for-review
I'm basically skim reading these books for Bellarke moments at this point.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

2.5 Stars

Commercial Photography

Here we are with round #2 of The 100. I still haven’t watched any of the television series, but I did discover that I will indeed sell myself out and read the next book in a series if I’m offered the chance to do so for free. I’m such a cheap date : (

The world building from Book 1 is complete (and by complete I mean the “new world” is getting close to being on the dunzo list) and our pilgrims are settling in to life in the
Eric Boot
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FIRST READ:
Wow. This was so 100000000000000 times better than book 1! Compared to this, 'The 100' felt boring. This book contained so many cliffhangers and sudden changes, that I just couldn't put it down!
SECOND READ:
I got my hands on the third novel (Homecoming) some time ago, os I wanted to reread book 1+2 before I'd start it. And with pride I can say: LOVE IT STILL AS MUCH! This book deserves the title:

-KING (OR QUEEN IDK) OF PLOTTWISTS-

Amazing. 5/5 stars forever.
Fenia
Another beautiful 'the 100' story. Bellarke feels all over the place!!! And lots of surprises and plot twists. LOVED IT ...more
Jess
Aug 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you were waiting for Day 21 to bring forth the missing pieces—introduce a little spice into this relationship—then now’s the time to slowly back away, find the door, and bolt. Don’t look back. Save yourself.

If you’re a returning reader because The 100 (my angry review found here)enlightened you like no other then you will gobble this book up.

Day 21 mirrors The 100 in every aspect; vague mentions, mediocre language, consistent mediocrity, and lovely cardboard cutout characters. In essence,
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
**ARC kindly provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

They had been sent to Earth as living test subjects, the first people to set foot on the planet in three hundred years. But they were mistaken.
Some people had never left.

This book is...no. Just no. Everything I enjoyed about book one was the glaring problem in book two. It's like everything amplified until I couldn't stand it anymore.

It started up somewhat like the other, but this time, they were already on Earth. I liked
Courtney ♡ librarycutie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, sci-fi
I think I enjoyed this book more than the first, simply because there were some twists and shockers. I certainly didn't expect it. I am also ashamed to admit I was comparing it, again, to the tv show. I kept wondering where the reapers were, the acid fog? Is there even someone named Monty or Jasper? I'm assuming there's no Finn either? Anyways..

Book Two of The Hundred, Day 21!

I will add that the major thing I love about this, is Bellarke. I actually started this series simply because the show is
Alaina
I just love bellarke.

Day 21 is the second book in The 100 series. This was a second time of rereading this book and I still really enjoyed it. I didn't like the little hints of a love triangle happening but I did love that Bellamy and Clarke worked things out. Secrets came out in the open and I get that it hurt at first.. but it helped them move on.

..and while that's super cryptic.. I'm going to leave it like that. I love Wells, Bellamy, and Clarke..but like as a trio of friends. I love Bellamy
Kayla
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, empty-my-tbr
A great sequel, can't wait to read the next book
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
I honestly have no idea why I expected this to improve since the first book was terrible, but

Sara XuHerondale
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I really, REALLY enjoyed this one. I love all of the main characters (especially Wells and Glass), it's also really great that it's so different from the TV show (at first I thought that it'll be a problem, but I totally changed my mind). It's not perfect, it has some flaws, but basically, I don't care. I loved that it was short, quick to read, and not overly complicated, with romance (which was at some points too much, but hey, nothing's perfect). Can't wait to see what will
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took me a little bit longer to get into this one than the first book, but once I did HOLY CRAP. Lots of action, romance, and plot twists. Definitely a fun and exciting read...I loved it!
thegirlwhoreadssbooks
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
Even better than the last one! This book has more action, more drama, and it's so addictive. In this book, Kass Morgan shows us a little more of the past of some characters, like the Bellamy's past, which is (for me) the best part of the book and it's maybe the main thing that made me enjoy this book so much (ok, the Bellamy and Clarke's scenes were my favorites as well).
There are a lot of differences and changes in this book's adaptation to the television, and I watched the tv show before
Sanara♥
4/5 stars.

This book was much better than the first one...more plot twists, more action and tense moments. Especially towards the end of the book.
Also I enjoyed the book more cause I stopped comparing it to the T.V. show...anyway the story line and the characters' personalities are different from the show, so it's just pointless trying to compare.
I've grown to like the characters more now. Except Glass. I kind of don't like Glass so I don't like reading through her perspective but only through
Yoana Shomova
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Odette Brethouwer
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
What a book! A lot of things happen, which makes it a really faced-space book. The things that happen are not predictable, I was suprised multiple times while reading this book. I loved every page of it, can't wait to read the last book in these series! So curious to how it all will turn out!
Figgy
Mar 01, 2014 marked it as owned-but-not-read
Here's hoping there's more Sci to the second book of this Fi series.
Samantha Renee
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wild from start to finish.
Isaa Jason
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Much better then book one. Also, really excited for whats next! Full review to come!
Nicole Alycia
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so the book series and tv show are totally different at this point.
We finally meet the “Earthborns” in this book who aren’t quite what I was expecting them to be. There was a lot more internal camp drama than the outside chaos I was expecting. There were some major twists and turns that I didn’t quite see coming from the start either.
I’m almost glad the books and the show are so different because I won’t be nitpicking all the little details while reading it.
- ̗̀meg ̖́-
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

When I first started reading this, I thought I was going to have to put it down. However, the story picked up about halfway through and started asking questions that I know I couldn't have left unanswered. I still don't really enjoy the chapters with Glass's PoV, but I can see that it was important to the story and why Kass left them in. I surprised myself by starting to love the character of Wells, and hoping that things started to go right for him (which they did). I'm
Dana
Day 21 is a respectable sequel to The 100. I actually liked this one more than the original, but I've rated it slightly lower than the first book because I felt that, while enjoyable, the plot was a bit obvious. This didn't bother me too much as overall I enjoyed the twists, but the predictability did take a measure of thrill out of the story. At the end of the day, if you liked the first book I am confident that you will love this too. 3.5/5
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
I recently read and reviewed The 100 and was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it. It's such an easy read, it's action-packed and a book you can devour in one sitting. It made me desperate to see the TV show and the ending made me beyond desperate to get my hands on the sequel. Luckily, Hodder were lovely enough to send me a copy and I dove straight in the minute it arrived. I wasn't left disappointed by this book, it contained all the action I had come to expect and I am already counting ...more
Ashley Drumm
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kass-morgan
I’m loving this series so much that I wish the books were a lot thicker. I’m reading it to fast lol I definitely highly recommend this series if you haven’t read it yet
Floura Aarion Lokkii
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has been on my "I'm currently reading this" list for a while now. I kept putting it off and putting it off and I couldn't figure out why. It occurred to me that there are several reasons why. The first being I was worried that the book would change my perspective on the show, which I love. Secondly, I know there are characters in the book that weren't in the show, and vice versa. Thirdly, The fourth book came out recently and I don't think I want to read that. But, I'm surprised I ...more
Stella Delina
What can I say for this book? Unfortunatelly it didn't make a good impression on me. Maybe the series has set a great standard and I had more expectations. There were some interesting parts such as the story of Glass and Luke (it's a different Version of Fin and Raven I suppose) and the final revelation that Clarke's parents are alive. Generally, the whole description isn't so touchy. In this book we have an affair between Wells and a grounder girl (Sasha) and a sex scene between Clarke and ...more
Markéta
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I wanted to like the books so much. I wished that it'd get better, that I'd be excited about it, that I'd not be able to stop reading.. But it's just not working. I'm not sure whether it's because I was the series first or because of the way the books are.

The whole Bellarke thing is not as exciting as I expected, the whole book series is not what I expected. I feel like these three book should have been written as one and then maybe it would have been better. More complex, with more twists, more
setting 1 5 Sep 06, 2017 12:06PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Day 21 by Kass Morgan 2 17 Sep 01, 2015 03:11PM
The books with looks: Day 21 by Kass Morgan 4 5 Aug 26, 2015 10:18PM

• The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)
  • Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
  • Five Feet Apart
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Afgesloten
  • Into the White Box Set: Books 1 - 3
  • The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #5)
  • My Boyfriend in Orange Vol. 6 (My Boyfriend in Orange, #6)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • After Impact (After Impact #1)
  • Alica
Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

The 100 (4 books)
  • The 100 (The 100, #1)
  • Homecoming (The 100, #3)
  • Rebellion (The 100, #4)
“I love you,” he whispered, staring into eyes that were aglow with firelight, and something else.
“I love you too.”
35 likes
“Was that Clarke really in there somewhere? The Clarke who could look so gravely serious one moment and then burst into laughter the next? The girl who found everything on Earth miraculous, and kissed him as if he were the most incredible find of all?” 35 likes