Start by marking “Post-Human Series Books 1-4” as Want to Read:
Post-Human Series Books 1-4

Post-Human Series Books 1-4

(Post-Human #1-4)

This collection of the first 4 books of the Post-Human Series tells the epic and fast-paced story of the future of humanity and the extraordinary benefits—and profound dangers—of powerful artificial intelligence.

Contains:
― Sub-Human
― Post-Human
― Trans-Human
― Human Plus
Published July 20th 2014 by Post-Human Media (first published January 5th 2014)

Start your review of Post-Human Series Books 1-4
Daniel
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
All four books of this collection are pretty much generic and cheap fodder for the sci-fi omnivore and the further you progress in the series the more it becomes impossible to shake the feeling that this stuff has been hastly thrown together for a quick buck. Throughout all of the four installments Post-Human's protagonists remain one-dimensional, wooden and shallow clichés whose actions are as predictable as author David Simpson's seemingly limited vocabulary. I must admit I quickly lost count ...more
Mike Finn
Based on the glowing reviews I'd seen, I bought an ebook omnibus containing the four novels that make up David Simpson's "Post-Human" series, which explores what happens when AI becomes real.

I didn't make it through the first book, "Sub-Human".

"Sub-Human" is packed with informed ideas about AI and its consequences. It has action on every page. The plot is very fast paced. It would make a great comic (Graphic Novel if that makes you feel more grown-up) or a TV series.

As a novel, it is so under-wr
John
Apr 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
I actually only read 1-3. I couldn't commit to one more. The characters were amazingly boring. The plot was both slow and plodding, then with bursts of kind of boring action that followed suit in all three books.

I'm glad the character I thought was the main character wasn't because he was immensely boring to read. Not that the actual "Main" character was any better. Add that characters go from strong and passionate about their story to 5th level characters with little actual personality. One si
Dave Shaw
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Some good yarns, but I couldn't quite suspend my disbelief, due to some of the 'science' and the lack of plausibility in many of the character interactions. Just a few examples:

Dr. Craig Emilson, ambitious Special Forces physician, turns into an amiable, fatherly fellow who nearly everyone calls 'Old-timer'? Never 'Doctor Emilson', rarely 'Craig', but 'Old-timer'! I'd have whipped some of those kids' butts for that!

Nothing can exceed the speed of light, until a book and a half later when the aut
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was the worst sci-fi book I've read this year. Possibly ever. DO NOT READ IT. Save your time!

Just like the author, I lack the words to describe how bad this was. The flat plot, the clichés, the cardboard characters, their shallow, black/white relationships; the trivial way their binary "emotions" are described; the power-mongering when it comes to the tech. The horribly predictable action.

I have absolutely no idea how this drivel ever ended up with such high ratings on Amazon and elsewhere.
Jo Iles
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this four book bundle. Set in the future, it's a clever mix of technology interwoven with a great plot. The books centre on the development of AI showing both the potential capabilities as well as the negative possibilities which could arise.

I loved the sheer randomness of the first book, books two and three follow the same characters as they fight to save earth and book four is totally different. When I started reading the fourth book, I had to check a couple of times that my K
Bobbie Hayes
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've read 80% of the book (3 of the four included) and just started the last book. I may not finish. Everytime something happens, a solution comes in the nick of time. Death isn't final. It feels like some of the 'made up stories' I made as a kid with magic endings so that no one had to pay a price for a misstep. Also, the protagonist is always the smartest man on earth. For me, it is getting tiresome. If I had purchased the books separately instead of a single unit, I would have finished one an ...more
Mary Catherine Pace
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting concepts, and enjoyable read. I read it because it was really cheap on Amazon Kindle, and kept my interest.
Bill Thibadeau
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Post-Human book series of 4 books is really a (at this time) a four book set. I am choosing to offer my review on the first 4 book set since I think that better serves the reader.

The first book in the series was really written as the third book. It is a prequel which introduces the characters, primarily the old-timer. I found this book pretty essential in understanding the series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and give it a 5 star rating.

The second and third books are much different from th
Nicholas Adams
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi nerds
Recommended to Nicholas by: BookBub
Having just read the Post-Human series books 1-4, I need a moment to collect my collective thoughts before I continue my review... Whew... now I feel better!

What I liked about the series: Imaginative, realistic 'future' tech, and a story-line that kept surprising me. Several times I thought a had a bead on where the plot headed, but the twists alternated between "What the hell" and "That's even better". Overall, the story kept me engaged and invested in reading to the end. Many of the character
Misterg
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Technically I have only read three out of the four, but as it seems to have been a Trilogy at one time I'm not bothered!
The tale is a rambling space opera, showing the evolution of the human race from one or two special people up through a major cataclysm to an ultimate metamorphosis. There are times when influences can be seen, especially the Borg from Star Trek in the third book, complete with a collective and assimilation of others.
Throughout this yarn several people - -major characters - die
Fabi
I just finished Sub-Human and all I can say is WHOA. A quote from the book sums it up nicely, "The boundary between magic and science had blurred until it was unrecognizable.

To write this kind book, (my favorite kind of sci-fi), the author had to have researched extensively in various areas of science and technology. He pulled it off flawlessly. It is completely believable with enough scientific fact to back up the fiction that there is no need to suspend belief at any point.

I'm moving on to boo
Cynthia
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well written and imaginative

Solid writing and editing is always a huge plus, and Mr. Simpson delivers. The storyline is action-packed, Imaginative, and futuristic. Overall, the series thus far is an excellent addition to the sci-fi genre. The books are shorter than I prefer, but reading them in this grouping all at once alleviates some of the chagrin that might have otherwise left me feeling strung along.

Jason Abrao
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
I enjoyed book 4, but the other 3 were hard to get into. Craig/Old Timer seemed to have forgotten everything that has happened to him from Book 1, and the way the Post-Humans react to the Purists was absurd. It was maybe 100 years since the divide and the Post-Humans act like it was eons. I don't know if I will continue to Book 5.
Grant True
Mar 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-dnf
I gave up about 18% into the first book. I found the first few chapters very interesting, but then it quickly got very ridiculous. I'm disappointed as I purchased all 5 books based on so many great reviews.
Michael Petryk
Jun 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
It started off so very well with book one. But book two was so cliche it made my stop reading it. Very disappointing.
Cindy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read Ng
This was a GoodReads giveaway of a Kindle ebook.

I never know if I should review this Omnibus as four separate books or as a single book. This review will be an overview of the combined Post-Human #1-4.

Overall I liked this, but with some serious reservations. I was very tempted to quit midway on this series. I try not to put books into my DNF stack. I try to read the entire book(s) regardless of how painful it might get.

Book #1 I would rate 3 stars. It introduced some interesting concepts. I tho
Michael
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I judge my science fiction based upon a modified version of the Baen criteria, and for this one I was looking at is the technology something I can understand, is the storyline plausible (especially in light of the technology), and was it an overall good read. I think Mr. Simpson hits it on those fronts, and he must have done a pretty good job as I have thought about these books for several times after reading it - considering the number of books I read on a monthly basis, that is impressive (to ...more
David
Jun 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First books ok, second books so-so, third books pure BS and hand waving.

Skip this and find something better.

The first book is an ok adventure that hand waves away all science and has a pleasant if useless hero. The secondary hero is a lunatic who gets tens of thousands murdered due to having a god complex with delusions of moral superiority, and the primary villains are just supposed to be well meaning but misguided zealots.
And that’s one good book.

By the third book we have geniuses acting like
Bob
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost

The concept, evolution via connection to humans through super advanced computers was ingenious.
However, the "Groundhog Day" manipulation was confusing. Instead of reading a single story, it felt as if I was reading a collection of short stories with the same general subject.
Good stories, but disconnected.
If the last story had been first, for me the premise would have been established. Each subsequent story have followed logically.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the collection very much. The writing
Denk Gords
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For the reviews who bashed this novel. Go FUCK YOURSELVES! None of you highlighted valid critcism or simply gave a neutral non hostile rundown in a concise point. All of the bssh are vague in description.

Not sure if you guys are negging or just little bitches who have too much time on their hands.

It would be ok to point out the lacking parts, but to actually call for cancellation of the novel just because you are a little bitch who have nothing better to do is just plain hateful.

Side note: Who
Karlyn
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found myself pulled into the story more as the various books were read. Initially I wasn’t pulled in quickly but I stuck with the stories and found myself enjoying the characters. The story is definitely sci fi and alt universe. There are weaknesses apparent that are answered later in the series. I recommend sticking with them through the end or you’ll miss some great story lines and revelations.
Sean Myles
AI rules. Ok?

I’m sorry to be somewhat negative for this review as the author has researched the subject in depth. In my opinion the style of writing is aimed at .a young audience and I couldn’t get immersed in the tale or its characters. I did try but abandoned the tale after page 5000 with 6000 pages to go. The concept was good and thought provoking however the style of delivery failed to engage me. My preference is for a more serious approach to implications of AI.
Penny Harper
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IT IS ABOUT TIME

I've waited a long time to find a series of fascinating Syfy books, for some reason very little has interested me in recent years. These are beautifully put together, nothing drags, the ideas are interesting but not so that you have to think very very hard while enjoying yourself! I see that there are a few more that I have missed, and I will be getting them.
Tommy Mills
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enter the Singularity

What happens once humans and technology achieve full integration? When the line is blurred between man and machine. In a world filled with super intelligent AIs and superpowerful cyborgs. Anything is possible. Upload your life consciousness and take it for a spin. It's a wild ride.
hao
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best so far in the series.

Loved the philosophical premises and the careful construction of game theory set against an all-too-human drama. In this installment the interests of the characters rationally and effectively drives the plot to reveal a more far reaching and uplifting theme. Extremely well crafted!
Mapscat
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series with lots of cool concepts!

Very cutting edge concepts and engaging characters. Well thought out possibilities of what the future could hold and what kind of issues technology will present us with. A great read!
Eric Wallace
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: incomplete
Meh. This book is really trying too hard. Got to the end of Book 1 on the hopes that maybe one of the non-stop plot twists would lead the book somewhere interesting, but I just don't care about the characters or the world they live in.
Melina Karn
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
The first book was interesting. The second mediocre. The third I really struggled with, and eventually gave up on. Interesting premise, but the ideas put forth in the third book were just too convenient, and badly explained.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The French Girl (Rex Dalton #6)
  • Aftermath (CSI Reilly Steel, #6)
  • Turing Test (AI Diaries #1)
  • Oblivion  (The Debt Collector, #13)
  • Kiss My Assassin (Charles Bishop #1)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Cold Solar (Cold Solar #1)
  • Wanderer's Escape (Wanderer's Odyssey, #1)
  • Perilous (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #4)
  • The War of the Black Tower: Part One: Cursed by the Dark Lord
  • Underground (The Tube Riders #1)
  • Contamination Boxed Set (Contamination #0-3)
  • Rookie Privateer
  • The Delphi Resistance (The Delphi Trilogy, #2)
  • Warrior: Interface (The Singularity War Book 2)
  • The Trilisk Ruins (Parker Interstellar Travels, #1)
  • The Perfect Family
  • The Lords of the Wind  (The Saga of Hasting the Avenger, #1)
The invention of the ebook, just like the University of Toronto's Academic Bridging program, gave me the opportunity I needed to prove myself. Because of them, a runaway who had to sleep in a shopping cart at sixteen, a high-school dropout with seemingly no prospects, went on to live in the best city in the world, meet the best woman in the world and marry her, attain two degrees from one of the t ...more

Post-Human (6 books)
  • Sub-Human (Post-Human, #1)
  • Post-Human (Post-Human, #2)
  • Trans-Human (Post-Human, #3)
  • Human Plus (Post-Human, #4)
  • Inhuman (Post-Human, #5)
  • Post-Human 5 Book Boxed-Set: (Limited Edition) (Plus Book 6 Preview Chapters)