Start by marking “Riley: Fireworks (The MacKenzie Family, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Riley: Fireworks (The MacKenzie Family, #3.5)

Riley: Fireworks

(The MacKenzie Family #3.5)

Alternate cover for ASIN B00HUXNM6O

Maggie MacKenzie wants nothing more than to hold her own child in her arms. But after three years of marriage, she and Riley have yet to conceive. The heartbreak of disappointment is almost more than she can stand.

Riley MacKenzie would do anything for his wife, and watching the sadness fill her eyes every time she holds a new niece or
Published January 27th 2015 by Liliana Hart (first published January 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Riley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riley

Start your review of Riley: Fireworks (The MacKenzie Family, #3.5)
Tanielle
Short quick read. Riley is working on a dig when Maggie shows up. They have some fun together and also come under attack at the dig site. The ending was funny but the read of course was too short so it left you wanting more.
Lora Borzelleca
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute. I liked the plot behind this one...I liked them getting back to their roots and really trying to keep their marriage going. I wish I could say I loved it but I just cant seem to get passed them sharing sex toys with his brother Cooper from the last book.....im still skeeved out!!! hahahaha
Laurie Gyd
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sexy & mysterious

Riley MacKensie and Maggie's story, they've been so obsessed with getting pregnant they lost sight of each other. So Maggie follows Riley to his Cairo dig and surprises him. Lots of fireworks
Bookworm
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
This definitely was a short read. It was a HEA.
Christina Montminy
Nice ending for Maggie & Riley's story.
Shelley
I downloaded this book because I wanted something quick and easy to read, and because I bought book 5 and am reading all the books leading up to it.

I just didn't get it, this is a few years on, the two main characters are married but are too focused on having kids. There is a once in a lifetime archaeological find (as per the first book), it has to be kept secret as there are people who would kill for it (as per the first book) and there is lots of sex. All pretty much a rehash of the first
Yvonne Carr massie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes another great one

Yep I am on marathon and loving every second of it. I have to read one of the Mackenzie books every day from start to finish and can't stop because they are so good.
Rose Maniscalco
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute story, loved the little bit of mystery and suspense. I love the MacKenzie family and this was no exception. I haven't read a Liliana Hart book in a while, but this one brought my interest back and I will finish the series now.
Paganalexandria
Feb 15, 2018 marked it as in-collection-boxset
in this boxset The MacKenzies Happily Ever After (The MacKenzie Family #1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5) by Liliana Hart
Alisa
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots of buildup. And a little better than “Riley.” End still rushed.
karen
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting and dangerous careers. Children are always special and a miracle.
Janine
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mmmm plot thickens - I liked the different idea of the 'Book of the Dead'. And I liked the ending. Thank you -
Terri
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fireworks: Riley...

So freaking good. The best one of the series thus far. It's short but hot. Definitely funny as hell. Dramatic and angst filled.
Tatjana C
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy, erotica
If you're looking for a down and dirty, full of sexy times book then this is the one for you... i mean whoo im getting hot just thinking about it. This whole series is so hot damn sexy and full of sexy explicit times. I love it
RoloPoloBookBlog
Riley: Fireworks by Liliana Hart
Novella #9 : MacKenzie Family Series
Source: Purchase
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

Riley, likely my favorite of the MacKenzie brothers is back in action in this hot follow-up to his original novella which paired him with his now-wife, Maggie. After three years of marriage and partnership, Maggie and Riley are looking to expand their family but to date, they have had no luck despite a lot of practice. Riley and Maggie have never had a problem with the practice but
Veronica LaRoche
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I can't get enough of this series and love all the characters. Anytime I get more MacKenzie's I will always one-click. With a mystery and their scorching sex they have, all the Maggie & Riley want is a family and they might just get there wish
Donna
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book six in the MacKenzie Family series!

The lovely Maggie MacKenzie wants nothing more than to hold her's and Riley's child in her arms. Sadly after three years of marriage. Maggie and Riley have not been successful . The heartbreak of not having a child for them is almost more than she can stand. Maggie feels that she will lose Riley.

Heart- stopping Riley MacKenzie would do anything for his wife Maggie. Riley finds it hard to watch the sadness fill her eyes each time. Even more so when
Books and Spoons
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
MacKenzie brothers were the first stories I read from Liliana Hart, they are fun, attractive, charismatic, and hot. Family is the main focus for them, so I can only imagine the heartbreak for Riley and Maggie, that they hadn't had a child yet.
Maggie makes a surprise trip to Egypt, while Riley is working there, and instead of trying to get pregnant, they reunite in an intimate and loving way. And it is as explosive as always. The heat level is high, the sheets are burning, the air sizzling.
But
Michelle ✧✦serieslover✦✧
Fireworks: Riley
Riley MacKenzie and Margaret Maggie Lawrence
3/5 Stars

Fireworks: Riley is the continuation of the third novella of The MacKenzie Family series by Liliana Hart.

Favorite Quotes
“Sweetheart, I’d give up everything to be anywhere with you.” -Riley

“. . . I’ve come to realize that you’re the most important thing in my life. You’re my focus. The reason I want a child is because it would be an extension of who we are together. But if it’s not meant to be, then it’s not meant to be.
Stacey
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Liliana you did it again always love this series and hope there will be more than just crave and other books still to come .
Riley must go to dig for a book a sacred book but powerful what that book is well i will give you the initials TBOS . and why can't Riley and Maggie get pregnant . and will they ever get pregnant . and is Riley's friend the Doctor good or bad and what happened to Walker . is he dead or alive . and will Riley and Maggie get pregnant and if so how many kids will they have or
Miriam Rivera
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but amazing.

I'm giving it 4 stars because it was a short novella, but it was packed with adventure and enough spice to make you fan yourself. The Mackenzies are a great set of books about family and romance and this novellas are the perfect follow up books for the characters. We visit with Riley and Maggie three years after they met and discover they can't get pregnant. While Riley is away for work Maggie devices a plan to go after her husband and fix the tension that has plague them for
Ellen Anderson
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fireworks is right!

I loved this book. Riley & Maggie are such a great and fun couple. I remember the first time I read Riley's story, I really wondered how an archeologist could be an alpha male like his brothers. I must say, Liliana Hart knows exactly how to do that and did! This book keeps you on your toes, you never know who you can trust. I absolutely love all of Ms. Hart's MacKenzie series and always look forward to what she has in store next!
Sheri Higgs
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of Riley and Maggie's story. I suggest you read Riley's story before reading this book. After 3 years the couple is still very much in love. Riley is on a archeological dig in Cairo and missing his wife when she shows up out of the blue. Riley has the feeling that it could be dangerous to him and his help after they are done with their job. Lilian Hart continues to do a great job on the MacKenzie series books.
Crystal
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always did love Riley and Maggie. And this book really concreted it. I love their love for one another and the adventures they get to go on. I feel bad as to what happened on the site with Walker, but in the end justice is served. My favorite part was the end when Riley was definitely being a MacKenzie and wrestling a poor horse, or maybe Thomas, while poor Maggie was cursing his name. Glad that they got the little family that they wanted.
Pauline Cassie
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of the MacKenzies (or Indiana Jones) you're sure to love this book! We revisit Riley MacKenzie and his wife Maggie and accompany them on another archaeological adventure with the expected romance and intrigue. As you would expect, the romance is MacKenzie hot. As this is a novella, the adventure and intrigue are short lived. It has however been lovely to catch up once again with the family MacKenzie.
Kimberly Walter
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Riley have been trying for a year to have a baby but no luck. Maggie is heartbroken and disappointed. Riley is tortured with seeing his wife's eyes fill sadness.
During one of his projects in Egypt, Maggie surprises with him by joining and helping him. Their vacation together turns dangerous, thrilling and exciting.

Fireworks:Riley was hot, exciting and sexy. Look forward to many more MacKenzie books.
Carien
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ancient hep for an ancient desire. Steamy indeed and only for a mature audience. Riley and Maggie are so obviously in love. Not that the other brothers and their wives aren't, it's just more honest and basic and raw. They are adventurers at heart and that influences everything they do and how they do it.
Danger and passion are the backbones of this novella and it makes for a great read. Definitely a good follow up for their beginning.
Rhonda
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two adventurers one great story

This is a happy reconnection between both Riley and Maggie. This book has them renewing their feelings that never went away, just got lost for a bit.

It is also an adventure of one of the archeology kind. I really love this series! What can I say!! But read it, it is steamy, sexy, funny with a tad of trouble in each one.
Amanda
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was a little lost starting this...it's been a long time since I read the Riley's first book. I really like the whole Egyptian plot (as I'm a HUGE fan of anything Egyptian), and this one had a little suspense to go with the steam.
Overall it was a great addition to Riley and Maggie's story...also an altogether great addition to the MacKenzie series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bullet Proof (B-Squad, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.3)
  • Avenged (The Breaking Point, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.3)
  • Rush (The MacKenzie Family, #10.7)
  • Delta: Rescue (Delta #2.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.5)
  • Brazen (B-Squad, #1)
  • Bang (B-Squad, #2)
  • Blade (B-Squad, #2.5)
  • Never Surrender (Bagram Special Ops, #5.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.4)
  • Victoria & Shannon (Gansett Island Episodes, #1; Gansett Island)
  • Desire & Ice (The MacKenzie Family, #10.6)
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Hot Witness (Hostile Operations Team, #9.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.2)
  • Timber (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1)
  • Wicked Hot (The MacKenzie Family, #12.1)
  • Yours After Dark (Gansett Island, #18)
  • Forever Notorious (Forever Bluegrass #11)
  • The Only One (One Love #2; 1001 Dark Nights #50)
Liliana Hart spent five years teaching music in the public education system. She molded America’s youth, busted kids for smoking pot in the restrooms, and broke up illicit affairs behind the stage on a regular basis. (Liliana’s Addison Holmes Mystery Series, about a small town teacher who gets into a whole lot of trouble, is somewhat autobiographical, but she won’t confess to which parts).

Liliana

The MacKenzie Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dane (The MacKenzie Family, #1)
  • Thomas (The MacKenzie Family, #2)
  • Riley (The MacKenzie Family, #3)
  • Cooper (The MacKenzie Family, #4)
  • Cade (The MacKenzie Family, #5)
  • Shadows and Silk (The MacKenzie Family, #6)
  • Secrets and Satin (The MacKenzie Family, #7)
  • Sins and Scarlet Lace (The MacKenzie Family, #8)
  • Sizzle (The MacKenzie Family, #9)
  • Crave (The MacKenzie Family, #10)