Start by marking “Crave (The MacKenzie Family, #10)” as Want to Read:
Crave (The MacKenzie Family, #10)

Crave

(The MacKenzie Family #10)

When Evangeline Lockwood witnesses the murder of a prominent politician, the killers will do everything they can to make sure she can't testify. Since Evangeline's father was once Deputy Director of the CIA, he knows just who to call to protect his only daughter—MacKenzie Security.

The last thing Cal Colter wants is to get stuck with a babysitting job, but Declan MacKenzie
Published March 31st 2015 by Liliana Hart

To ask other readers questions about Crave, please sign up.
Asteropê Amazon counts the extra novellas as full books, where as on Goodreads they are listed as decimals and non-primary (example: #2.5 not 3, #6.5 not 7).…moreAmazon counts the extra novellas as full books, where as on Goodreads they are listed as decimals and non-primary (example: #2.5 not 3, #6.5 not 7). So for example, Amazon lists "Fireworks: Riley" as #6 and GR lists it as #3.5. It's basically a difference in opinions rather than an all out change in ordering - GR is not ordering books out of order, where #3 is listed as #7 or something like that.

Amazon counts all the books - even the novellas in the numbering and GR does not, it's not part of the policy of numbering series. So because of that, the numbers will be off. If you look at the series listing on GR and ignore the decimal numbering and just count the books as full numbers as you go down, then it differs very little from Amazon's listings. The order the books are listed in here is correct. It's just the numbering that's different. So you can use the ordering found here on GR and be fine when it comes to what to read next.

See: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...
Author's site, which mirrors the order here: http://www.lilianahart.com/books.html...(less)

Adriana Buiuca
Is it me or this book was too short?
I'm a big fan of the series and I was waiting for this book for so long. And now I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting something more.
I truly hope that the next one is like the rest. As amazing I mean. Because something was off with Cipher. I wasn't as impressed as I expected.
Beebs
Ok read. IMHO, not enough time spent with the main H/h and this book felt more like a prologue for the next book.
Books and Spoons
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
The story starts well, intense scene from the past, where groundwork is laid down for the story to come, I got excited and my hopes got up, but unfortunately, the story didn't deliver, and I was left wondering.
Evie and Cal seemed interesting, but their characters didn't get much development, and they fell flat. There was so much potential with them at the beginning, I don't think they got what they deserve. Also Evie is 30 years old, and behaves rather like a teenager, and being so super smart,
Kelly
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
2 1/2 - 3 stars

I did enjoy reading this story, as a novella it is expected to be short but I would have loved to see more story with the 2 main characters actually together as a couple. The story did wrap up super fast.
Deb Smith
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful.

The characters jump off the pages, the story is compelling and pueblos Nguyen is hot!!! What more can you wish for in a book? The MacKenzies are so vibrant and bigger than life and now we get a better look at Cal, an operative who works for MacKenzies Security. There have been glimpses of him in previous books but this time we get more. We also get some bonus info about Shane MacKenzie and his story. It only serves to make us pine for the next book which will finally tell Sh
Tanielle
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, romance
Another good read. I still don't know what happened with Taber though. Cal and Evie's relationship still seems a bit on the fence as well. Why did he get married if he knew all along that he wanted her, seems like Julia died for nothing. Hate how Shane's story keeps getting pieced in with the rest of them in little snips. Ready to read it and see what's really going on with him and Shaw. Seems like she has a story of her own with the ending. Guess I'll wait to read the next one.
Donna
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book six in the MacKenzie Security Novel series!

When the lovely Evangeline Lockwood witnesses the murder of a prominent politician. Evangeline knows that the killers will do everything and anything they can to make sure she can't testify against them. Ever since Evangeline's father was the Deputy Director of the CIA. Her father now knows just who to call to protect his only daughter—MacKenzie Security.

Sydney slay
Terri
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crave...

MacKenzie Security book 6. Another awesome story for a pretty fantastic crew. This is Cal story which has parts of the MacKenzie family in it. Cal finds forgiveness and love. And don't let the computer greenness fool you, he is all alpha. Sexy and dramatic with plenty of laughable WTF.
Sandra Adams
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addictive

Book 6 starts with a shooting that set the stage for Evie and Cal's adventure. It immediately pulls you into the story line and holds your interest. The MacKenzies are a tight knit family we all want and thru these books we are able to feel that special bond.
CJ
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story, but not as strong as the others and I felt it left alot unanswered with regards to the wife who passed away and the secret life of Evie. Was a bit short but I still enjoyed it within the whole MacKenzie family/ MacKenzie Security world. A really neat family to read about.
Andrea Akers
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzie Security 6

Cal and Evie have been in love since they were teenagers. When Evie witnesses a murder by a hired gun, will Cal and Evie be able to stop the hired gun from killing Evie before they tell each other how they feel about each other?
Robbi
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked both of them together as a couple. The story seemed a little rushed though.
Angel Padillo
Crave was Cal and Evangeline’s book, and while they were sweet and steamy, Shane was the one I was really interested in.
Katie Rios
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
OK, this one was better than others I think. It was nice to see a story similar to the first one in this series, where the H and the h have known each other. It doesn't seem like SUCH an instalove thing. This series is REALLY bad with the instalove. And honestly, what makes that so funny is that I don't actually MIND instalove. I mean, it's a romance novel, so it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people, but this series is just BAD with it.

I liked Cal a ton, but I didn't rea
Dina
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best

The storyline was wicked and so was the main characters. I love this author and this series. I keep buying
Alina Neacsu
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"“You scared the hell out of me. The closer we got all I could hear was gunfire. It sounded like a
war zone.”
“It felt like one.” She laid her head against his shoulder and he held her while her body
processed the adrenaline and her shaking subsided.
“I love you,” he said. “You know that, right? I’ve loved you for a long time. We were meant to be together. Work together. Love together. Do you trust me to keep loving you?”
She looked up and touched his cheek gently, gazing into the blue of his eyes. “
Dísir

Liliana Hart writes more than decently but 'Crave' is a disappointment in so many ways, not least because it felt like a novel with its spine and half of its narrative ripped off. There is a threadbare plot and unfinished business between 2 childhood friends, but what went wrong between them was never really addressed properly before the sexual attraction and the sex scenes took over.

How, for example, had Cal Colton always 'loved' Evie when he actually married another woman? The insta-love proc
Sabrina
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cal Colter started hacking at a young age. Luckily before he could get arrested the CIA Director took him in and put him on the right track.

Evangeline Lockwood the Director's daughter and six years younger than Cal spent her young teen age years with a huge crush on Cal. She began hacking and made a huge mistake that could come at the cost of a lot of lives. Cal had been tracking the hacker known as Black Lily and when he came face to face with her to his surprise is was Evangeline. He made a de
Donna
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book fifteen in the MacKenzie Family series!

The last darn thing that Cal Colter wants is to get stuck with a boring babysitting job. De
Diary of a Book Addict
I am a massive fan of The Mackenzie Family series and I always find myself devouring these books in one sitting.

The series has expanded quite a bit and no longer just focuses on the Mackenzie family, but also on the men who work for Declan Mackenzie at 'Mackenzie Security'.

One of the things I love most about this series is that there is a lot of action threaded through the stories (shoot outs, hit men etc.) as well as smoking hot sex scenes. Crave is no exception to this rule buuuuut it just di
Amanda
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm rounding this up to a 4 star, but if you want honesty I would rate this as between a 3.5 and a 3.7 star. Don't take that as me not liking this book because I did like it. I was just disappointed at the anticlimactic ending with Evie, and Cal. It was rushed...extremely so. We never find out what happens to Taber...it's left to assuming that he died...BUT no one actually checked to make sure.
With Cal and Evie both being hackers...they were hardly ever near a computer.

I will say this, I was e
Dolores
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liliana-hart
Yet Again Another butt on edge of seats reading & the what If's, will things be up in the air or coming down with an 'OH NO'
Where at the start in Russia we see Cal & the Mackenzie Men hunting down Black Lily the amazing hacker who is nearly as good as Cal's Cypher. Cal tracks her and is shocked to find it's the amazing girl he grew up with retired Director of CIA's daughter Evie Lockwood
10 yrs later Evie isn't the woman she was since she was barred by Cal doing her 'computer work' which
Gigi
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crave, huh??

I did very much enjoy reading Crave, however, I felt the story between Evie and Cal was much to rushed. The build up was fantastic, and the characters were brilliantly written, but it felt as if everything happened much to quickly. And it didn't carry the same raw action, suspense, and follow-through as the rest of the MacKenzie novels... it was a sexy and passionate read! And Liliana did do an phenomenal job of capturing our undivided attention with interactions between Doctor Shaw
Diana
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Feel like she rushed to write this and the last book in this series! Even the last JJ Graves book was so short and didn't really have much of a plot. Thinking back on it I can't even remember we what it was about. I really wanted to like this book, because I liked some of her previous ones. Some authors get better the more books they write but I feel the opposite with her. The characters fall immediately into bed and then the whole killer part was not developed at all. It was very anticlimactic. ...more
Karen Raines
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liliana-hart
What a fab addition to the Mackenzie universe. Cal is the tech wizard, a hacking genius and solid member of MacKenzie Security. Evangeline is the daughter of the man that saved him and introduced him to this life. Evie is without doubt a talented hacker herself but is forced to leave the life by Cal in a bid to keep her safe. She loses all trust in him and several years later when she needs that trust, she struggles to give it. The chemistry is strong between them, it bleeds off the paper and I ...more
Donna Porter
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Evangeline Lockwood was a very smart girl she almost got into trouble at eighteen but Cal Coulter had got her out of the mess. Ten years later Evie has moved on with her life and so has Cal although she always loved him until he broke her spirit. Evie was in danger. She saw a prominent figure murdered and could identify the shooter. Now he was out to kill her. Her father hired Cal from MacKenzie Securities to protect his daughter. This was the eleventh book in this series and I loved them all. T ...more
P.
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5

Cal and Evie's story was good. I thought of it as more of a filler in until the next great MacKenzie novel. Not to take away from their story as the couple did have history together and a deep longing for one another. When I finished reading I was eft asking myself that's it. The action was enough for me compared to some of the previous books n this series. Just from the little preview of Shane/Shaw that we glimpse in this book I think their story will be a much better read for me.
Kimberly Walter
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Evangeline Lockwood witnesses a murder and identifies him, her dad hires the best there is to protect her from an assassin.
In step Cal Colter, the one person she no longer trusts, but always secretly loved. She resist his help to protect her but caves in when she knows he isn't going anywhere.
Cal is determined to earn her trust back and make her his woman for good.

Crave was an amazing explosive book to read. I love the MacKenzie Family series. and I am so looking forward to reading Shane'
Brittany Green
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)
  • Immaterial Defense (Once and Forever, #4)
  • Sworn to Love (Hot Cops, #5)
  • A Line Crossed (The Line Trilogy, #2)
  • The Deception Duet
  • Balls Up (Heart of Fame - Stage Right, #3)
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • Mason's Rule (Purgatory Masters, #3)
  • Wild Angel (Rock'n Tapestries, #2)
  • First Exposure (Aegis, #0.5)
  • Renewed Faith (CSA Case Files, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Bagram Special Ops #5)
  • SEALed With a Kiss (Black Ops Inc., #6.5)
  • Dangerous Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #4)
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)
  • High Seduction (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Unexpected (Indulgence #2)
  • A Little Harmless Ride (Harmless, #9)
Liliana Hart spent five years teaching music in the public education system. She molded America’s youth, busted kids for smoking pot in the restrooms, and broke up illicit affairs behind the stage on a regular basis. (Liliana’s Addison Holmes Mystery Series, about a small town teacher who gets into a whole lot of trouble, is somewhat autobiographical, but she won’t confess to which parts).

Liliana

The MacKenzie Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dane (The MacKenzie Family, #1)
  • Thomas (The MacKenzie Family, #2)
  • Riley (The MacKenzie Family, #3)
  • Cooper (The MacKenzie Family, #4)
  • Cade (The MacKenzie Family, #5)
  • Shadows and Silk (The MacKenzie Family, #6)
  • Secrets and Satin (The MacKenzie Family, #7)
  • Sins and Scarlet Lace (The MacKenzie Family, #8)
  • Sizzle (The MacKenzie Family, #9)
  • Scorch (The MacKenzie Family, #11)