Start by marking “The Immortal Who Loved Me (Argeneau #21)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal Who Loved Me (Argeneau #21)

The Immortal Who Loved Me

(Argeneau #21)

A few hours ago, Sherry Carne would have sworn that vampires didn’t exist. That’s before rogue immortals rampage through her store, leaving bloody chaos (literally) in their wake. The kicker comes when Sherry learns that one of the vamps on the bad guys’ trail may be her life mate. Her head says it’s impossible. The rest of her takes one look at Basileios Argeneau and has ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by Harper Collins, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal Who Loved Me, please sign up.
Terry Every book is a stand alone story. I started with "Tall, Dark and Hungry" book 4. I had no trouble reading it and it got me hooked on the series so…moreEvery book is a stand alone story. I started with "Tall, Dark and Hungry" book 4. I had no trouble reading it and it got me hooked on the series so much so that I had to go back and find the first three books. I've never missed on since then. I would say go for it and try to find all the rest of the books. You will enjoy them all.(less)
Tabitha I know right? I loved this one as much as all the other ones I've read.

I know right? I loved this one as much as all the other ones I've read.

There is another one coming out September 29th 2015, Justin Bricker's story. Can you believe it? It's finally coming out. I can't wait to see what happens. I hope that a lot of the Immortals he has "helped" over the years/books get to "assist" him with his life-mate. If I remember it right... I think Decker said something about wanting to repay him the favor for something he did/said... or maybe it was Cale... or Mortimer. One of those three I'm certain.

Though, now this book as you said was unput-downable. The first time I read it through (just finished re-reading it yesterday after re-reading the entire series over the last month after reading it the first time) I've gotta wonder who the next baddie will be... will they go after Abaddon... or perhaps Leo's kids that are still left will go crazy...er... with what happened in this one... also there is, to my knowledge, at least two more books she has a guaranteed deal with Avon for. Hope she'll be able to do more but it's already been 10 long and amazing years. I can hope all I want but perhaps Lynsay will choose to wrap things up, it's her choice and Avon's of course.(less)

Izy
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
This review is going to be a bit of a mess, I just finished reading it and I usually take a day or two before I write the review just to get everything in perspective. Anyways moving along….

Basileios Argeneau is a 3,538 year old immortal who is now a lawyer. I guess he’s vampire in more than one way (get it cause lawyers are considered bloodsuckers…no? I’ll stop) He is Lucian and Victor’s brother. He is said to be bossy, stubborn and quite a lot like Lucian which is why they often have arguments
Jilly
“And you know that old saying, two’s company and three’s mass murder.”
---The bad guy---

Hey, if the bad guy had been this funny the whole time, I would have been rooting for him. But, darn, he's only funny in this book, and things don't end well for him.

This book was a big step-up from the last one because there was actual personality to the characters instead of them being cardboard cut-outs. Because, everyone knows that cardboard has the least personality of all of the boards.

Oh, I take that
XxTainaxX
DNF@50%. I was utterly bored by this book. It drags and drags on things previously covered on the series, such as the origins of the immortals. This is probably with intent on making them standalone. I get and respect that, but way too much page space is used with that purpose. It’s stunting progression significantly and losing me completely in the process. Absolutely nothing of note has happened in the last 30/50%. The main characters are also not very interesting and I don’t feel a connection ...more
Wminbc
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ummm...you know when a book, like just ends??? Why does that happen? What became of the grandparents? What about his kids? What about their mother? What about her dad?
Too cliffy...or just to abrupt??? Whyyyy
Carmen
Jul 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
This formula is getting extremely stale. It is all so rote by now that you know the heroine will have had the entire vampire life explained to her by third chapter, then we know Leo is going to show up and menace, then we spend dozens of chapter protecting her in an authoritarian fashion while introducing as many past couples as possible until time to end the book, one chapter of plot, denouement, and then boom we are in love forever! Even one of the characters brings up the ridiculousness of al ...more
CC
No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NOOO!!!!!!!

So wrong!!!!!

(view spoiler)
Megzy
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Basileios is my least favorite Argeneau brother, I disliked him even more than Jean-Claude.

He was suppose to be more like Lucian but he was nothing like him. He didn't have Lucian's sense of honor or his strong values for family or his protective instinct. Basil is the guy who was in a sexual relationship with a " friend " and they had 26 kids together... considering you are only allowed to have one child every 100 years, that is a lot of years to be with someone.. he spoke about his over 2600
Patricia
Jan 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
This one was exceptionally bad in that it first acknowledged, then belittled criticism. See: rape and mind control.

The review I'll most likely post on Amazon--

While The Immortal Who Loved Me fit the typical Argeneau MO, I was in this case severely disappointed by something the author integrated into the story. Due to that, I feel too biased to review the book in a non-personal manner.

That being said, I'm sure most fans of the series will enjoy the book. It sadly doesn't introduce anything innova
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

After 20 some books the series has had it’s up’s and down’s for me. I have my favorites and the not so great ones, but this time around I wasn’t disappointed and had a marvelous time returning to the Argeneau series.

I’d say this book can be read as a stand-a-lone or be a starter into the series.

~~~~

The Immortal Who Loved Me delivers a new storyline with a little mystery, humor, and a sweet romance.

I loved the start. Sherry won me over on the very fist page. I liked her and liked that she had
Erin Burns
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2015, paranormal
The Immortal Who Loved Me
by Lynsay Sands

I am absolutely flabbergasted. If I were talking instead of writing, I would be practically speechless. We're up to book 21 in the Argeneau series, and while Sands has at times struggled to remain fresh and coherent, it has still been an enjoyable series. But this book? I had problems with this book. Don't even bother reading if you don't want spoilers, because that is all I am going to be doing here.

The book starts off kind of novel, lots of drama and vio
Enid Cavallaro
Mar 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Enid by: No one
There comes a time, when things should just stop. With this book, that time has come for this series.
I have all of the Argeneau books, I love the characters, love the humour, love the storylines - but not this time.
This book brought nothing at all to the series, the main characters were one dimentional, the plot was weak at best, there were too many old characters popping in and out. I suppose the writer wanted to revisit...but it did nothing but distract.
The villain of the piece was not the n
Lover of Romance
I was given a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review, thanks to Avon Books and Edelweiss for the opportunity.

Sherry Carne, never imagined that she would be drawn into a world of danger, suspense, mystery and vampires. She is busy working on her taxes, when a teen girl burst into her office, with vampires after her, and they make a run for and barely make it out of there alive. She then meets a man she will learn is her life mate, Basil Argeneau. Basil has lived for centuries, and lived when
Heather
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay this is book #... I forget but who cares I love this series. However after about 20 plus books characters can be forgotten or mixed up. I confess I blanked on a couple until bam it clicked again.

Basileios "Basil" Argeneau meets his life mate Sherry Carne.

Sherry didn't even know vampires "immortals" existed until Stephanie hid in her store followed by Leonius and his sons. Needless to say she is soon thrown into a whole new adventure for her. Filled with running from the Rogues, fi
Farrah
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lovely romance that was both sweet and sexy, The Immortal Who Loved Me was a fantastic read. It was a great book from an author that never disappoints and I really liked it.

Sherry was a great heroine. She was calm in the face of chaos and more resilient than she gave herself credit for. I thought she was lovely.

Basil was wonderful. He was a sweet, kind man who was very devoted to his loved ones, whether it was his children, brothers, or life mate. He was likable as well.

The romance was both sw
Sonia189
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
More a 3.6
It was a story with several interesting elements like Sherry, the heroine, being someone with a past that took some time to understand, there is some advance in the overall plot but the romance could have been more challenging even with the life mates matter.
There were a few moments I found funny.
I just think the way the romantic relationships are develop could be more dramatic or funnier like in the first stories. The life mates notion and the expectations that come with it can be a l
Beth
Sherry Carne was just sitting, doing her taxes when a young immortal comes crashing into her office bring a wake of trouble behind her. Lets face it, things like that don't happen every day. But Sherry handles it like a pro. She faces danger, even if the girl is a little off her rocker, talking about her being a life mate to some Basil guy.

Basil is one of the eldest immortals who have lived without a mate. He's taking it slow with Sherry but she is having some major internal turmoil over trustin
Sameera77
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Until now I considered "The Lady Is a Vamp" the worst Argeneau novel, but now we've got another strong contender, "The Immortal Who Loved Me". If you had thought that Jean-Claude was the weakest link among Argeneau brothers, think again when never-mentioned-before Basil appears. A sperm donor for 26 babies, a father of those children, who never loved, married nor lived with the mother of his offspring. A Milennia-long friends-with-benefits arrangement. Yup, definitely a perfect catch.
Not to ment
Elidanora
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The serie is repetitive but all the same I liked it, and I cant stop reading(or listening as in this case) them once and again. ...more
Kristina Deluise
good enjoyable, easy read,
quick easy read,

similar elements to all the previous argeneau's books

and enough with the basil, baisleios, lol,

all is good, cute character named sherrilyn, wonder it's after "our" favorite author?????

Book Review Diva
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
Book Review of “The Immortal Who Loved Me” By Lynsay Sands

Sherry Carne likes the way her life is going. Sherry finally has her dream business, a kitchenware store going great and making money. Sherry has no stress in her life, that is, until one afternoon, out of no where, a group of no-fanged vampires rampage through her store and start attacking her customers and employees. From that moment, Sherry is immediately thrust into the paranormal world of vampires. Her whole world just got turned up
Kinga
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Sooo. I skipped this one because of the reviews and read Bricker's story first and then came back for this one. After 20 books I couldn't just give up at the last drop. ^^

Surprisingly I liked it more than I thought I would after some reviews I read and a few good spoilers. (I don't mind spoilers, I actually love them). And I understand that some topics and stuff in this book can seem pretty bad for a few,but I didn't find it as bad.
I found Elvi's behaviour a little upsetting but I didn't reall
Nikinnia Smith
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Lynsay Sands spin on the "vampire" genre. Instead of the typical vampires she instead writes about immortals who have come from the fallen Atlantis. It's different and refreshing.

(view spoiler)
✼Danielle✼
Basileios Argeneau
Sherry Carne

9 Sept '15 | 3.75 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blurb: A few hours ago, Sherry Carne would have sworn that vampires didn't exist. That's before rogue immortals rampage through her store, leaving bloody chaos (literally) in their wake. The kicker comes when Sherry learns that one of the vamps on the bad guys' trail may be her life mate. Her head says it's impossible. The rest of her takes one look at Basileios Argeneau, and has much more interesting ideas. Whatever Basil
Julie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved Lynsay Sands' Argeneau vampire series books since I read the first one. They are a light read, full of humor and romance. I got an advanced reader ebook of this in exchange for a fair review (the book doesn't come out until February). I was wondering if I was going to be tired of the same old "nanos pick the life-mates" thing, but this one had both main characters being told they were life-mates upon meeting instead of being "accidentally" thrown together, and I found I enjoyed Basi ...more
Lamaya booklit
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine
I loved this book. I have been waiting on Basil story for some time now and I have to say it was well worth the wait. so much love and family and all the crazy people and finally they got Leo but I feel sorry for Basha that is had to kill her son ..... but one of my questions where is Stephanie sister? I was not real clear on that, but in all the is one of the more sight out books in this sires for me
Shiv
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Good lord.

Well, firstly the book was rapey, and then more rapey, but everyone was fine with it because it wasn't rape rape, even though the victim (view spoiler)

And then the story just.

ends.

no resolution.

Just comes to a .

I wish it was possible to give it a zero.
Donna
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Revisit old friends and meet new ones. I adore this series and always anxiously await the next installment. In this episode we meet Sherry Carne kitchenware supply store owner and according to Stephanie and Marguerite Basil’s life mate. Watching the two come together all the while dodging Leo and trying to unravel the other secrets in Sherry’s past is another fine romp. Lynsay Sands makes me laugh and fall in love with each of her characters.
Michelle the Romance Witch
3.75 stars. funny in many places with a serious plot twist and i loved how Basil and Sherry interacted :)
helen
Nov 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
how to put this ... it sucked!!! I should have listen to the reviews for this book and skipped it -_-
Shyla
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basil and Sherry

Enjoyed the book and recommend it!!!

Sherry tried to help out the youngster Stephanie when she was being chased by evil vampires. Stephanie knew that Sherry was Lifemates to Basileios (Basil) and was thankful for what Sherry did she introduced them.

Basil had waited centuries for a Lifemate and was not prepared for Sherry but after saving her and getting to know her, Basil decided Sherry was the ONE.

Sherry not knowing about Immortals was not sure about meeting someone new but s

• How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15)
  • Vampire in Paradise (Deadly Angels, #5)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart #7)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Varick: The Reckoning (A Vampire Erotic Thriller)
  • Night's Mistress (Children of The Night, #5)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
“Relax,” Lucian said dryly. “Bricker will not leave without me. The SUV is—”
“What?” Basil asked when his brother paused with his arm half raised, shock crossing his features.
“The little shit just drove away without me,” Lucian said with amazement.”
11 likes
“Winkie? Flesh flute? Tallywhacker? Baby maker? Quiver bone? Joystick? Fun stick? Lap rocket? Love muscle? Wedding tackle? One-eyed wonder weasel? Helmet head? Wang? Trouser snake? Giggle stick? Schlong? Mushroom head? Love rod? Pecker? Thundersw—”
“Enough!” Lucian barked, and when Bricker paused and glanced to him questioningly, he said, “I do not know what alarms me more, that you have so many names for cock or what it means in regard to how much time you spend thinking about cock.”
9 likes