Start by marking “Sterling New Year (Men of Alaska, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sterling New Year (Men of Alaska, #1)

Sterling New Year

(Men of Alaska #1)

Melody's stuck in Sterling, Alaska over the holidays, sewing custom dresses for her friend’s wedding. She'll do anything for her friends and is determined to be the best maid of honor she can be. There are just a few very sexy distractions.

Dale, Jason, and Ryan are lovers with an eye out for the right woman to complete their family. They're happy to let Melody use space
Published December 30th 2013 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sterling New Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sterling New Year

MostlyDelores
Mar 21, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: menage, romance
Nope. I'm bailing at 30%. Curvy, plus-size woman and three men? Sounds like fun.

Not fun, though. Dull. And Mel is as vibrant as a beige pantsuit.
Tia
Jan 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Honestly I couldn't even finish it. The author seemed to go on and on about 'big women' and crap like that. It's just a novel, why the hell do they need to talk about being big, it's as if the author found issue with it or couldn't let it go. It was distracting and irritated me to the point where I just had to close to book and say fuck this.
Christy
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars ~ I couldn't help myself. I really couldn't. The instant I ran across the title and blurb for this book, I flashed back to that really old Oprah show with the bachelors from Alaska. Yes, I know, I'm totally dating myself. But, dayum, that was a whole lot of hot on that stage, so the concept of a small town in the wilds of Alaska, populated mostly by men, leading them to have group relationships just about shorted out my brain. Seriously? Can you imagine being the woman that three, count ...more
Tina
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review:
Sterling New Year by author Cheryl Dragon is the first in the Men of Alaska series. You get a chance to get to know a town that is build on ménages and polyamory. I liked this deviation from the normal romance combination. I was curious to see how Ms. Dragon made three men and one woman work both in and out of bed and the relationships are done very well. I liked how no one felt unnecessary or left out of the romantic connections.
Dale, Jason and Ryan all have a relationship before
Love Africa Book Club
Melody is in Alaska, helping her friend, Isa, prepare for her looming wedding as the maid of honour and bridal attire maker. Interestingly enough, she doesn't believe in marriage due to her parents' marriage breakdown, although in her heart she still holds out hope of finding lasting love one day. But she didn't reckon on 3 hot men trying to seduce her into loving them.

Jason, Ryan and Dale are already in a relationship in this ménage-friendly community but they are looking for a woma
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I bought this book.

I have found a new genre that I love called Reverse Harem. SO when I saw this book and this author was listed as a RH series I jumped.
S
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Honestly I bought this book years ago and couldn't even remember if I liked it. Rereading it was quick since it's so short. Some of this another's sex scenes just didn't seem possible. Unless I was reading incorrectly characters would be at weird or uncomfortable angles. Try it if you want but this wasn't amazing for me.
Heidi
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I went into it with an open mind. Menage books are a guilty pleasure of mine. This book is a fun light-hearted some witty banter and hot intimacy.
Steph
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hell-to-the-no
Visiting a town where ménage relationships are the norm? Sign me up! In STERLING NEW YEAR, the constant darkness of Alaska and three bisexual guys looking for a woman make for a charged atmosphere for a new arrival.

Dale Harrison is the best man in his brother Ben's New Year's Eve wedding in Sterling, Alaska. Dale and his lovers Jason and Ryan own Sterling Boats, a boat building business. Melody Cameron is the maid of honor and a dressmaker from Michigan who travels up to Sterling early to make
Amy Miller
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story! What more can you ask for a town full of men but not many woman ! Yep I'm sold! Melody is a dressmaker and she heads to Alaska to make her best friend's wedding dress! There she is met with a lot of cold weather, lots of gloomy scenery and women are few and far between and many unconventional relationship's. She meets Dale (the groom's brother) Jason, and Ryan (whom are all in a relationship together) and they immediately want to make her theirs. Such a great story l ...more
Vickie Valentine
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Well, that was interesting. And I thought keeping track of three people's body parts was difficult. Whew! It's an interesting concept that there is a city in Alaska where menage relationships are the norm and not the exception. Makes sense given the male/female ratio. At only 90 pages and with four people in the relationship, there wasn't a lot of time for plot development and deep POV. But it was a fun little story. It's also a little disappointing that the author makes it a point throughout th ...more
axola
Mar 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
160 ebook pages and I couldn't even finish it. The author kept on going about plus sized women to the point of getting annoying. Come on, I don't care what size she is I would just love to know more about the heroine and her friends without being reminded every 2 pages about them being plus sized.

Moreover I find it very hypocritical to go on and on about plus sized beauties and then having a picture of a non plus sized woman on the cover. The heroine, Melody is a size 20.... What size is the wo
Siobhan Muir
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I hadn't read anything by Ms. Dragon before, but after meeting her at #AADCHAR this year, I snagged the first book that came available. Ms. Dragon does a masterful job of making menage understandable and making her characters stand out from each other. With three men and one woman, that's quite a feat. Plus, her heroines aren't the skinny things you see in fashion magazines. These women will fill out those jeans just right. I highly recommend taking a trip to Alaska with the Men of Sterling and ...more
Lily Vega
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Melody's quest for love with Dale, Jason, and Ryan. Ms. Dragon did a fantastic job of making each of the men a three dimensional character and the evolution of their love story was believable.

I can't wait to read the next installment in the Men of Alaska series.
Kathryn Laprade
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had bought this book when it was on sale and I'm so glad I did. I enjoyed it so much that Cheryl Dragon has become one of my new fave authors. I loved this book, loved the setting of Alaska. I kept wanting to be part of the wedding party so I could stay up there with all of those romantic and loving men! Great read with a HEA ending.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great start

Who said you can't start your new year right. Mel finds out you really can. And she realizes just because growing up with two parents who she finds don't love each other. Shouldn't affect her finding love and happiness.
SJ
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
I love ménage and polyamorous stories and this one was fantastic, great plot, loveable characters and all in all a great read, looking forward to the next book in the series
Allison Gill
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I really liked Sterling New Year. I would love to visit there. Everyones relationship felt so natural. What a lovely way to stay warm. I an looking forward to reading more of Cheryl Dragon.
Kathryn
It is cold in Alaska. This story should help keep you warm, and then some! Very real writing here, and definitely a series I will continue.
Lorraine
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A totally enjoyable read with great characters.
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
A story with three smexy guys living in a ménage friendly town will have all the single ladies singing "north to Alaska"! A quick hawt read for lovers of the more the merrier!
Lily Marlene
Dee
rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2014
Michelle
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2015
N'Gomo
Feb 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Arrested by Love
  • Behavior Problem (Outlaw MC #3)
  • Awakening the Warriors (The Darkon Warrior Series #1.5)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Chasing the Dream (Dream #3)
  • The Reunion
  • Their Blue-Collar Girl (The American Soldier Collection, #4)
  • Bound by the Buccaneer (Pirates of the Jolie Rouge Trilogy, #2)
  • Hold My Hand (Heart & Soul, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Fill Her Up (Daly Way, #3)
  • The Lady Smut Book of Dark Desires
  • Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #3)
  • Momo: My Everything
A lover of unusual things, Cheryl Dragon enjoys writing unique stories with sinfully hot erotic romance or suspenseful mainstream paranormals. Never at a loss for ideas, there are plenty of stories in her brain waiting to be written. Her two favorites book settings are Las Vegas and New Orleans...where anything can happen!

Cheryl lives in the Chicagoland area with her deaf albino cat. By day she c

Men of Alaska (3 books)
  • Sterling Sunshine (Men of Alaska #2)
  • Arctic Adventure (Men of Alaska #3)