Start by marking “Knives and Sheaths (Guild Hunter, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Knives and Sheaths

Nalini Singh

Knives and Sheaths

(Guild Hunter #5.5)

Free short story in Nalini Singh's Newsletter.
What she writes about this story:

"The original version of this short story was meant to be a scene in ARCHANGEL’S STORM, but I deleted it in an earlier draft and the information shared here about Lijuan eventually became part of chapter 8 in the book.

However, I thought the scene offered a nice glimpse of Elena and Raphael’s rel
5 pages
Published November 6th 2012

Maria Dimitrova
Short and sweet, this is a "slice of life" type of story. It showcases the love and harmony between Raphael and Elena and plays with the common for them theme of knifes and sheaths ;) Nothing spectacular but still something worth reading in between the full length novels.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 12.09.2016
Adorable! I love Raphael and Elena's relationship! They have come so far! They are indeed one of my favorite couples out there. This short little Intel we get is a perfect way to show how great Raphael and Elena is for each other. I want my own Raphael!
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
1st read - 15th February 2014
2nd read - 24th October 2016

I just can't get enough of Raphael & Elena! I wanted it to be longer but you can't really complain about the length of a free short story :-)
Jazzy
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: guild-hunter
Knives and Sheaths is very short. Like barely 1 page short. Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth and complaining about a little interlude that an author generously provided free - I'm just putting it in perspective.

That said, K&S is a little Raphael/Elena interaction that showcases the nature of their relationship. Singh indicates that it was cut from the 5th Guild Hunter installment Archangel's Storm - but it's so short it really could have been left in.
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Rapheal is one sexy angel and he knows just what "gifts" to give to his consort! Elena is truly a lucky girl to have found her archangel! I love their interactions and their emotional connection along with their physical chemistry! Fantastic!
Carolina
Love seeing more of Raphael and Elena. <3
iamGamz
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I will take every little bit of Raphael and Elena I can get. Though it was a verrry short short story I still loved it plus it was a freebie! Who doesn't love a freebie?
Samantha Bustos-Hubeny
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute but not something you have to read to continue the series. However it’s fun if you enjoy this couple. It was interesting to see a scene an author cut made into a snippet for readers to enjoy.
Darcy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
You gotta love a man who knows his woman and just the right gift to give her.
Pudu
Knhebek, Archangel ♥_♥
Sheila Melo
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
KNIVES AND SHEATHS is one of the free short vignettes that Singh provides for fans of her Guild Hunter series. This one features Elena and Raphael having a private moment where he gives her new sheaths for her knives and the two discuss various things normal to their lives. I like this peaceful scene between the two. There are few such moments in the novels so it is nice having one here.
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This is just a short story that shows interactions between Raphael & Elena when they're getting ready for the day. It's a sweet little interaction that's nice to read. :D
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great short story showing a bit of their relationship, of how well they know each other!
Theresa
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars... Short stories are always challenging to rate simply because of their length... This story is between Elena and Raphael as they ready themselves for the days tasks and the presenting "situation" with Lijuan... The piece I enjoyed most is the depiction of their relationship based in the interactions; the connection and respect that they possess for one another is seen in glimpses throughout the dialogue... This story does not necessarily add to the series as a whole but I always enjoy o ...more
TinaMarie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steven
I really, really hate Singh's abuse of the word "sheath" in this series. Luckily, in this shorty, she didn't use it to mean lady parts. :P

Decent little story, definitely just filler - it's a conversation!
Hina Tabassum
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Some moments are sweet and mean so much. This short story is one such moment. :')
Skladstaroci
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Only because it was published for free. Nothing new, nothing surprising
Melann
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
C'est minusculement court, mais cette petite scène entre Elena et Raphaël fait du bien à lire :D
M
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
- Short and sweet
- Lovely glimpse into Raphael and Elena's progressing relationship
- It was all typical behaviour for the two of them, but it was adorable and cute
Rachel Remer
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice moment between Raphael and Elena. Shows how well they understand each other.
Katherine
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet scene between Raphael and Elena. They are downright cute together in this one.
Susanna
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
cute.
Kathy
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Guild Hunter #5.5
Knives and Sheaths by Nalini Singh A short in the Guild Hunter series featuring Elena and Rafael.

Read:
November 6, 2016 - Free Read
May 8, 2017- FREE Read
October 12, 2017 - FREE short story only available in the WELCOME letter you receive in your email after signing up for the author's newsletter

Guild Hunter series chronological reading order:
1. One Night at the Refuge - Guild Hunter #0.2 (FREE in the April 2016 newsletter) - Illium and Aodhan
2. Angels’ Dance - Guild Hunter #0.4
Miki
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Absolutely love these free shorts that give us an insights on the daily life or relationship of our favourites characters it’s even better that it fit the timeline perfectly.

Elena and Rapahael are among my favourite couples so i was super happy to have this one focusing on them as we do see them in Archangel’s Storm, book 5, but it’s mostly when they are separated. In this story we can see how they respect each other, Raphael does act as she is her equal and listen to her, Elena is a fighter
Anita
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This was a deleted scene that was released as a short story. It's very short - just a few pages, and shows the play between Raphael and Ellie when they talk in private. The story starts with Elena complaining about knife sheaths that are falling apart and ends with Raphael having already commissioned new ones and presenting them to her. He knows her that well.
Tasneem
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angel, nalini-singh
You can understand why it was cut out from the book, because it doesn't really fit, but it is a lovely scene that totally captures Ellie and Raphael's relationship. His love for her is both strong and supportive. He loves her for who she is.
♥Knhebek, hbeebti♥
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nsingh
5 Stars!
I love anything and everything that has to do with this series! Having a glimpse of Elena and my book-husband Raphael is just the icing on the cake! And hot...and sexy...and, and...ahhhh, i love this series.

If you haven't read this series, you are missing out!
Kelly at
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Raphael & Eleana!!!
Love this two!!!
Such a perfect gift!!

Love that Justine Eyre narrated this Guild Hunter short story.

• Liam Takes Manhattan (Elder Races, #9.5)
  • Revenant Epilogue (Lords of Deliverance, #6.1; Demonica,)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Night's Daughter (Flat Earth, #4-5)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Freed (Vampire King, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Vampires in America, #7.5)
  • Under His Claw
  • Galactic Treasure (The Quads of Galafrax, #2)
  • Dark Awakening (The Watchers, #1)
  • Besieged (Vikings Underground, #1)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)