Start by marking “Fake It (Rule Breakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fake It (Rule Breakers, #2)

Fake It

(Rule Breakers #2)

As her sizzling new series continues, Jennifer Chance sparks some serious combustion between a sexy biker and a corporate go-getter who’s ready to let her hair down.

New grad Anna Richardson works hard—so hard that she’s given up having a romantic life. Anna has even convinced her friends that she’s dating an amazing guy—who they’ve simply never met. But now Anna has a weddi
Published July 1st 2014 by Loveswept (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fake It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake It

Start your review of Fake It (Rule Breakers, #2)
Mariℓina
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Anna and Jake, kept me good company for as long as it took me to finish their book.
A really nice story, with very likeable main characters and a wonderful conclusion!

Anna is in desperate need to find a date for her friend's wedding and the new, sexy neighbor who seems to only care about his bikes, is not the best candidate, but he has to do.

Jake the sexy mechanic, can't stop t
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
3-3.5 stars
This was great.
Anna is an overachieving workaholic.

So she does what any single girl does and tells her friends she has a boyfriend, so they'll stop trying to set her up.

Only problem she's supposed to bring said boyfriend to her friends wedding.

Enter Bad-Boy Jake. Life is a ride for him. Fixing up bikes is the way he makes his money and just takes life a day at a time.

Jake and Anna are made for each other. (well clearly! it is fiction.)
I loved the ending and had me smiling like
Killian
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
For some reason I read this book before the first one in the series (probably because it came first alphabetically on my Kindle), but it felt like a stand alone so not a big deal. I really don't have too much to say about it anyway.

I wasn't ever able to really get into the story or the characters. The set-up for the plot sounded right up my alley, but the execution just didn't do anything for me for some reason. I got to the end without ever particularly caring about the resolution.
Anna's Herding Cats
Oh. How. Fun! Fake It was a blast! And had oh-so-many of my favoritest things! Yes I am totally using favoritest as a word! lol Pretend relationships, lust-worthy heroes, a heroine finding her way, hot lovin' and a little kidnapping along the way. How could a girl resist?!

The quick of it is that Anna's friends and family are nosy as hell and they want her dating and in love. Something...she's really okay skipping out on right now. And to get them off her back, well, she invents a man. And all's going well
Tash
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

Fake It tells the story of Anna , one of the 4 girls that share a house in New York that the series revolves around . Now Anna was the confident for heroine, in Rock it and now she got her own little problem. Anna is single and looking for the right man. However every attempt to do so has end up with the wrong guy. So Anna has thrown has life into work and has become a workaholic with no time to break the rules. It hard not to like Anna she is
Beth
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
What do you get when you set up a studious over achiever with a smoking hot alpha biker...electrifying chemistry.

Anna Richardson is work focused. When her best friend from college is getting married, Anna makes up a fictitious boyfriend to keep herself from getting set up by her friend. Worse, her ex-boyfriend wants her back and will be attending the wedding as well.

Jake Flynn is a take it as it comes kind of guy. When he over hears Anna has gotten herself in a bind and needs to find a fantasy boyfriend, he
Kristine
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced readers copy of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank You!

Fake It is the second book in the Rule Breakers series but can be read as a stand alone. Each book covers the story of different characters and you do not need to read the first book to follow along.

I thought that this was a cute story about a make believe relationship where chemi
Kazen
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I love marriages of convenience in historical romances - let's put these two strangers together and watch sparks fly! The contemporary counterpart is a boyfriend of convenience, the hot guy that you need to have on your arm for an event, usually a wedding, to avoid gossip or discomfort.

In that sense Fake It is wonderful - a super hot motorcycle dude from down the street is more than willing to go to a wedding with the heroine. It turns out that they're admiration from a distance has been mutual,
Julie
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book. Anna Richardson is a hard working business woman. She split with her boyfriend over 6 months ago and since then she has been telling her friends about a new guy she is dating in his place, except there is no guy and now she has a wedding to go to and hasn't a date to take with her. She decides she'll have to ask a suitable guy to go with her, enter her next door neighbour, not so suitable Jake.

Jake is a biker who has lived next door to Anna for 6 months, he's watch
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, series, 2chalsie
*ARR (Advance Reader Review) - copy provided as a gift in exchange for an honest review...

I really enjoyed this read - better than book 1

Check out my blog for more of this review:
Limecello
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
cute book - but a little too much on the misunderstanding and hurt feelings
also the friends sometimes seemed too out there [her college ones]

I guess I was just expecting something else based on book one [and four?]

C+
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Check out my review at Escape by Ficiton!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

description

Anna doesn't have time for a boyfriend, she's too busy with work. But this coming weekend she's supposed to attend a friend's wedding. And not only doesn't she have a boyfriend - for the last six months she pretended to be in a happy relationship with her imaginary boyfriend Dave. Only to get her friend off her back - she's always trying to set her up - plus, her Ex is still interested in her too, but she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

Time to use her carefully collected pick-up lines on a str
Shelby Mclennan
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Malinda
**This was an ARC copy given free by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review**

3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked both Anna and Jake and I liked them together. The story was fun and sexy...nothing too deep but it's a good romance to enjoy for an afternoon.

Anna is a smart and driven young woman. She works as a global consultant and works a lot and at all hours. She lost her dad when she was a teen and her and her mom went through some very tough
Sabine Honig
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*I received this book from NetGalley for a free and impartial review – thanks!*

I have to say that it has taken me longer to get this review done because I have a thing about reading books in series out of order. Fake It is book two in the Rule Breakers series.

I knew there was a book one and so of course I had to get it first and read it before starting number two. Having said that though, these books are definitely stand-alone and while the characters reappear, Ms. Chance does a wonderful job so that yo
MsChris1161
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, netgalley
Jennifer Chance's debut novel, Rock It, featuring Lacey and Dante totally blew me away. I immediately added her to my list of must-read authors. I have been eagerly waiting for FAKE IT, the second book in the Rule Breakers series, about Lacey's workaholic friend, Anna Richardson and their hot neighbor, Jake Flynn. Finally it's out and I am happy to say I was not a bit disappointed! It was such a great read I didn't mind one bit that I lost sleep finishing it. Lol. Anna and Jake were completely wort ...more
Helen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jake Flynn is HOTT.

I should probably stop reading romance novels when what I'm looking for is actually erotica. I want the slow-burn tease, the heated glances, the moaning-and-grunting ecstasy and none of that gradual tapering off into cuddling, feelings of love, thinking about the long-term, and meeting each other's family.

That said, 4 stars is probably the highest rating you can expect out of me for a romance novel. I get tired of the tropes, the cliches, the rosy glasses of love.
 B.E.Love
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This wasn't a horrible book but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. After reading the description and seeing the nice cover I had really high hopes for this book. Anna is in the wedding of a friend she has had since college, that same friend has invited her ex who even though he dumped her won't seem to go away. Trying to get people to leave her love life alone Anna made up a boyfriend but now that this boyfriend is supposed to attend the wedding with Anna she needs someone to fill in and be the p ...more
Esther
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read from Jennifer Chance, and it did not disappoint.
I read Rock it, and loved how fun, easy and carefree the story read. The story and writing reminded me of one of my fave authors today, Laura Kaye.
This book picks up where Rock it left off, this time is the story of Anna, another housemate of the girl from book one. This time the hero is Jake, their neighbor.

Anna feels pressured by her friends to have a romantic life, so, in order to get them off her back and ke
Kristin
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love “fake” boyfriend scenarios. I have NO clue why! It’s cheesy, it’s over done, but it’s my guilty pleasure. You’d think I’d be sick of them. Nope. It was what actually drew me to this story! But how would this story be different than all the others? Take a cheesy literary device, add in complete opposite personalities with scorching physical attraction, sprinkle it with a touch of childhood drama, a touch of nasty ex-boyfriends and you get a sweet HEA for Anna and Jake, promise!

Anna was introduced in t
Shirley Frances
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

Anna Richardson is a workaholic who puts works before everything else. Gaining financial stability has been one of her greatest goals and nothing is going to get in her way of achieving that goal. Not even a sexy, handsome biker.

But since she is so focused on work, she has forgotten that it's time to face up to the story she's fed her friends for the last since months--she must attend her best friend's wedding with her loving handsome boyfriend. The imaginary one she made up to keep her friend
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story in fact it is the second in the series for me that I have read. This story revolves around Anna Richardson, a professional in corporate world. She put herself through college and has worked her way up the corporate ladder. She rents a room at the brownstone of Erin Connelly, a frustrated artist that works at an art gallery. Erin also rents out another room to Dani Michaels who is a bartender and a very hip and cool chick.
Anna has always been very insecure due
Lindy
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lindy's Thoughts:

Fake It, by Jennifer Chance, was a very fun, sexy, and entertaining story! It is the story of workaholic Anna Richardson, and sexy motorcycle man, Jake Flynn. Anna had a childhood in which her mother constantly struggled with finances. As you can imagine, this had a huge effect of Anna. She made a promise to herself, that she would never struggle with money, and have to go through what her mother had. Therefore, she threw herself in to college, and made a successful
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Author Jennifer Chance blew me away with her first book in her Rulebreakers series, Rock It, and she’s done it again with Fake It. I love this author’s voice, I love these books that are written in first person, and I absolutely love her bad boy heroes and her smart but slightly nutty heroines. I am so far past the age of this New Adult genre but there are a han
Dianne
Can the workaholic career woman on a mission to succeed and the hot wandering, motorcycle guy pull off a romantic performance of the year when she needs a boyfriend to attend her friend’s wedding? Anna is determined never to be homeless or helpless again. She has goals and to achieve them she works 24-7, having no personal life at all. Desperate to beat the clock and find someone to hide her lie for only one weekend, Anna actually practices how to pick up a guy, thinking she is alone. Enter her ...more
Babel
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A biker and a good girl? What's not to like? ;o)

I love a good ruse to get a couple together before the established schedule of a relationship. When that boundary is crossed, the encounters become so much more fun and exhilarating!

First reviewed on Literaria http://sede-literaria.blogspot.com

Anna is a successful woman who finds herself invited to a wedding where she will face the ex who dumped her. Following a last minute plan, she embarks on a kamikaze mission to find the right guy to stand in fo
Home. Love. Books.
May 24, 2014 rated it liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site www.homelovebooks.com

This is the second book in the series, and I really did enjoy the first book, so I was more than happy to read this book as well. We were briefly introduced to the character Anna in the first book, but you definitely don't need to have read the first book in order to enjoy this one, so feel free to step into the middle of this series.

The premise of this book is kinda cute, Anna has been talking up this guy to her friends, so they will st
Heather
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: perfect-romance
From the moment Fake It opened in a bar with Anna doing her planning/worrying thing (which is typical Anna) about having a date for her friend’s wedding, I was hooked. Going to a wedding as a single lady can suck sometimes, but going as a single lady whose best friend has men waiting on the sidelines to be launched at you as set ups and a jerk of an ex who wants you back… that is about as uncomfortable as that situation can get.

Cue Jake Flynn.

The hot sexy motorcycle man of a neighbor to Anna. She has been walki
Monica

4 Stars!!!
5 Flames for hotness

I loved this hot little number. Jake was a hottie. And Anna was a pain in the butt. The angst in this book got me going. UGH! I wanted to yell at Anna to wake the heck up. Jake was a little on the up and down side as well. When they finally let the magic happen it was explosive.

Anna sends us on an emotional roller coaster ride. She is constantly worrying and I felt myself worry with her. Jake was super cool and knew Anna was strung tight but he pu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Love on Lexington Avenue
  • The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks (The Jerk Duet, #1)
  • I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5)
  • Can't Text This
  • Rock Steady (Rock Band, #2)
  • Cast Off (Toronto Tales, #3)
  • Cover Up (Toronto Tales, #2)
  • Trapped with the Maverick Millionaire
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Max and Finn (Men of Smithfield #2)
  • Nation
  • Mine for Christmas: A Simon and Kara Novella (The Billionaire's Obsession, #6.5)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Don't Let Go
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)
  • Pregnant by the Maverick Millionaire
  • In and Out (Men of Smithfield, #4)
Jennifer Chance is the award-winning author of the new adult Rule Breakers series. A lover of books, romance, and happily-ever-afters, she lives and writes in Ohio. You can find her online at www.JenniferChance.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authorJenniferChance and on Twitter at @Jenn_Chance.

Rule Breakers (4 books)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Want It (Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Risk It (Rule Breakers, #4)