Start by marking “Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)

Sacrifice

(Daughters of Lilith #3)

Just when Braedyn Murphy thought she understood the danger descending on her little town of Puerto Escondido, a new threat arrives. A cult devoted to Lilith has taken up residence in town, led by a charismatic old woman with more than one secret. When Cassie gets tangled up in the mystery, Braedyn realizes her two worlds are colliding. But if she’s going to stop Lilith and ...more
Published January 31st 2014 by Secret Tree Press (first published January 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Marla
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was going to just move the story along until the next book but a lot happens in this one. Some more has been revealed about Lilith and more lives are in danger. This has been a great series.
Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=)
Isis
I would like to thank the author, Jennifer Quinletz and The Cover Contessa, for the opportunity to read and review this book for free. The fact that I received it for free in no way influences this review.

If you haven't yet read the first books in this series, STOP HERE and go read them first. This series builds each book upon the foundation of the prior book, which means that this review contains spoilers for the rest of the series.

Just when Braedyn Murphy thought she understood the danger desc
Marla Hayes
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In SACRIFICE, Braedyn, Lucas, Cassie, Royal, Hale...Seth -- all the characters you fell in love, or hate, with in INCUBUS and THRALL are back for more struggles with life in a world threatened, needing saving, by followers of Lilith and protected by The Guard.

Author Quintenz doesn't disappoint with this third novel in the series. Reading it is like ingesting the next course in the best meal you've ever eaten... she leaves you satisfied, BUT wanting MORE at the same time.

Please promise to bring o
Katyana
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Same problem as the last - the Guard is filled with some of the most horrible human beings the race has to offer. It only got worse in this one... exponentially worse.

There has to be repercussions for the assholes, or the "good guys" don't look like good guys anymore. Which is where I'm at. I'm officially rooting for the Lilitu, and just hoping the couple main characters I like survive.
Reira
Nov 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I am really really sad right now.
I tried really hard to like this series.
but after all the hard work, all I got just a BIG disappointment :(
Jennifer Layne
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great 3rd installation of the series! On to the next book!
Damian Southam
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From planned ecstasy to horror in the matter of a few pages, the opening of book three doesn't fail to excite. As has been the trend throughout, action is never very far from the beginning of a page. Only three mere weeks have passed since the manipulation of Braedyn and her strongest wish had lead to the opening of the seal. In that time the denizens of the underworld seem to have developed a plan; an early confrontation between demons leaving Braedyn and the Guard dazzled. Once again it appear ...more
Becky
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this series the first time I picked it up. I have been lucky enough to be given each book by the author in exchange for a review, and everytime she emails with the offer of the next book I literally squeal with excitement. There is no question as to whether or not I will accept - it's a straight up yes.

So I got sent this book and I joined it to the bottom of my rather long review pile (I haven't been accepting review requests for that reason but I had to take this one) I figu
Rachelle
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Is it weird to say that I vastly enjoy books about demons? I think it is. Sort of. Oh well...

This book was CA-RAH-HAZY. There was so much going on and I was all like “Woah!” and “Nuh-huh” and “Oh God, that didn’t just happen!!!”

This is the third book in a series, so if you haven’t read books one and two, Thrall and Incubus, you probably don’t want to read this review. There won’t be any plot spoilers, so if you want to stick around you can, but you might be a little confused.

Braedyn Murphy is a
Rakki
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I expected more

I was waiting for this book for a while and maybe that's why I'm so disappointed in it. As a reader you have certain wants and expectations in a series. The book started out good. The first twenty percent was a good read. Then the story bottomed out and never really recovers. The end of book 2 was pretty significant. Book 3 turns it into nothing. The broken seal really has no impact in this book. Oh there is some but nothing that couldn't be tweaked to happen anyway in some other
Elien
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, ya-books
This review and more on So Bookalicious

Sacrifice, the third book in the Daughters of Lilith series is as good as the other. I first fell in love with this series when I read the first book. Quintenz knows how to caption the attention of her readers. Book after book she keeps surprising you with all the plot twists she has in stall for your.

This book is perfect for me, it’s a great love story, there are some kick-ass fight scenes and there is still some normality added to it. Everything is relev
Jessica Bryan
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holly
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is the third time I've gotten a book from Jennifer (and they're all conveniently in the same series). When she offered me this book, I jumped at the chance. I couldn't wait to get started on it.

And for good reason. This book was full of unexpected twists and turns as well as an entertaining plot, powerful scenes of love, sacrifice, and hatred, and characters who are growing up before my eyes.

Braedyn has to put up wit
Kate Policani
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: win
Braedyn battles once again to stop the apocalypse and prevent the terrible demon Lilitu from breaking through the ancient barrier into our world. This book in the series follows the Guard's preparations for Seth the Incubus' next attempt to free Lilith from the underworld. Friendships are forged, tested, and destroyed while the teens must wrestle with decisions that may save the world...or not. Can Braedyn save Luke, Cassie, and Royal, her vulnerable human friends, from the demons' attacks? Will ...more
Awesome Indies Reviewers
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing

to find out what will happen next. It’s a hard book to put down.

beginning of human
Tahlia Newland
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy
'Sacrifice’ by Jennifer Quintenz is the third in the young adult Daughters of Lilith Series and it is every bit as good as the previous books. Quintenz knows how to hold a reader and keep them turning the pages to find out what will happen next. It’s a hard book to put down.

The story revolves around a girl who though a succubus herself (a daughter of Lilith) she stands on the side of the sons of Adam in an age-old battle that, unknown by most humans, has been raging since the beginning of human
Liz
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Incubus, evil incubus Seth succeeded in opening the Seal between the human and Lilitu worlds. Sacrifice begins two weeks later, where we find Braedyn Murphy and the rest of the Guard watching the Seal 24/7. As if things weren’t bad enough, a mysterious new cult has shown up in town, and claimed Lilith as a figurehead for their feminist cause. But are they really a cause for good, or something more sinister?

How would I describe this third installment? In a word: awesome. Seth is a spectacular
Charlie Finn
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me just start of by saying I'm so mad, so freaking mad that there is no up to date info anywhere about the 4th book!!

Just like the 2 before it, I loved this book, and flew through it in a couple of hours (I read all 3 books in 2 days), I'm giving this book 4 stars because of how we are left hanging with no resolve for a 4th book.

As with the others its fast paced and full of action, a quick page turner, i was 'saddened' by the loss of one of the main cast and didnt think that they needed to
Jean
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Celeste
I really enjoyed this book! Yay! After finding the second book so disappointing (and I am in the minority here), I didn’t have high hopes for this one.

But dayyuuumm! Braedyn is far more confident and self aware. She’s wiser and more relatable in this book. I think the part where she enters Elyia’s dream is fan-fucking-tastic.
The only reason I stayed with this series is that I love the author’s writing style, and it only got better in this book.

Now I’m hooked, and I WANT THE NEXT ONE NOW!
Amy
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good follow-up

Good follow-up

this was a good follow-up to the story. another suspenseful ending! I still want to kick Amber in the teeth, however. looking forward to the next book.
Deidra Ann
Sep 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I read all three books in the series and why they all had good and bad points my biggest issue was with SACRIFICE. There was no finality in the ending but at the same time it felt like this was it. I have so many questions!!
charlotte crane
Ok

I didn't like this book as much as the others. I still will read on but with everything being doom +gloom it is depressing.
I first book was the best now just dragging on. Cc
Alaina
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My heart breaks for Braedyn. She is trying so hard, and she constantly has to keep proving herself to her"team"on top of everything else.
Juliet
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was decent, am frustrated that this series isn't complete and there is no date for book 4.
Gillian Olckers
Dec 20, 2015
Josie
Nov 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Bound (The Caelian Cycle #2)
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • Out of the Pit (Five, #2)
  • Archon's Queen (The Awakened, #2)
  • The Traveler's Wake
  • Assassin Queen (Majat Code, #3)
  • Dreambender
  • Guild Assassin (Curse Breaker, #1)
  • Of Scions and Men
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)
  • Divinity
  • Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • The Elementalists
  • Nightmares of the Queen (The Brajj, #2)
  • Night of Pan
  • Nirvana (Nirvana #1)
Originally from New Mexico (and still suffering from Hatch green chile withdrawal), Jenn is the author of the award-winning DAUGHTERS OF LILITH paranormal thriller YA novels.

Outside of writing books, Jenn has penned projects for TV (including MTV’s TEEN WOLF), graphic novels (THE RED STAR, THE BOND OF SAINT MARCEL), and film (most recently adapting Erica O’Rourke’s novel DISSONANCE for the big sc

Daughters of Lilith (6 books)
  • Thrall (Daughters of Lilith, #1)
  • Incubus (Daughters of Lilith, #2)
  • Guardian (Daughters of Lilith, 4)
  • Kin (Daughters of Lilith, #5)
  • Daughters Of Lilith Paranormal Thrillers: Box Set: Books 1-3