Start by marking “Lord of Light” as Want to Read:
Lord of Light

Lord of Light

1192 A.D. - Sir Roane de Garr is a member of St. John the Baptist Hospitaller sect and while visiting the supposed Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, he is hit by a freak bolt of lightning and suddenly finds himself with miraculous healing powers. The Hospitallers believe he is a heretic and must be destroyed, so he flees back to England and into seclusion as a bounty is put on ...more
Published January 4th 2014 by Dragonblade Publisher (first published December 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Light

Start your review of Lord of Light
Emily
Nov 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, a-own-it
I accidentally got this book on Amazon (mistaking it for a SF book of the same title). I like historic romance novels so I decided to give it a try. It's horrible. My biggest pet peeve in romance books is when two people fall in love as soon as they meet. It's just ridiculous. The couple in this book meet once, then decide they are in love and a week later they decide to get married. It's just really stupid.

Another problem I have is the phrasing used in the book. At one point the bad guy says
Nicole Laverdure
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal medieval!
I have just finished reading LORD OF LIGHT written by Kathryn Le Veque. This story was an addictive page-turner. I felt it was different than her usual medieval stories, but I loved it very much, maybe it's because of the touch of paranormal she added to Roane and Alisanne's story. I won't write a full review because others have done that. This story is set in a world of intrigue, vengeance and betrayal. Kathryn has done it again!
Heidi
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think I need a break from KL after this one ... DNF
DEBORAH I MORRIS
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Hospitallers Folly

I loved that I had never heard of the order of the Hospitallers and that they were like priests with their own Knights and their own laws. They were in Jerusalem durring the crusades and followed what their priests said even if they felt it might not be the right thing to do . I didn't like that the Author kept some things hidden until almost close to the end of the the book. Of course I may have read it to fast and missed it.
Danelle
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great reaf!

Sir Roane de Garr & Lady Alisanne de Soulant fought hard to be together. He was accused of heresy & witchcraft due to a miracle healing he had accomplished on a fellow Hospitaler knight and she was afflicted with a terrible eye malady that seemed to be slowly robbing her of sight. There is magic in this story and too many coincidences to count. Excellent story!
Debra Ranck
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miracles Happen

Take just a short time to read this very interesting love story. While reading this and having read about the Hospitaler knights the story is believable holding interest till the end.
janie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lord of light

Another great book by a great author. I was not sure if i would like this story but once i got reading it,i found myself unable to stop.
Brandy
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: post-read, chimera, kindle
My bookclub read this on a lark when we were accidentally linked to this book instead of the Zelazny book of the same name. This was not good.
Sonya Sheptunov
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
weird book...
Lost in Romance Books
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again, Kathryn has managed to take the realm of historical romance and dominate it with her heroes that are large in both stature and heart. On top of that we are given a heroine that is not only beautiful, but strong in character, willing to do anything to save her family. I love Kathryn’s tragic heroes and Roane is no different. A hunted knight who has been living as a hermit to remove himself from society, but who has great loyalty and capacity to love is the perfect hero. Alisanne was ...more
Liloshadow (ReNee)
This is a wonderful book about not only romance but the gifts we are given or we give. I believe we all have something inside of us that is special...it could the gift a surgeon has with his hands...or the person that walks into a room like a ray of sunshine to brighten people days...or the ability of one person to tell amazing stories. In this case Kathryn Le Veque is that person and this time she gives us a story of man that I BELIEVE was given a gift of healing. But he could only heal through ...more
Jayne
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very good gothic romance that I just ate up. It was that good.

I loved the disgraced Hospitaller knight Roane de Garr and I fell in love with Lady Alisanne Soulant who is losing her eyesight.

Their meeting is not a good one and I immediately felt for both characters. In just a bit, though, I wanted to smack Alisanne for betraying Roane. Never fear, though, she hates what she has done and so she decides she must save Roane.

The love scenes are tasteful, and mild, and this is a bona fide romance
Maria
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Soulful Masterpiece!

Lord of Light grabbed my soul and held it enthralled throughout. In my opinion it is a story of disillusions, misconceived perceptions, doubt, conformity, faith, sincere and powerful love and hope. Sir Roane de Garr and Lady Alisanne de Soulant story is a masterpiece. Sir Roane has been continually tested and Lady Alisanne's fortitude as well. This story really touched my soul. Kathryn Le Veque does it again. I just love her stories.
marilyn james
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another action packed thriller

this is another book to bring the de Garr and de lohr history full circle. Le Veque always gives you action packed thrillers! I was squeezing his neck and not letting go too (darn it)! Oh man...and the beating that was so well deserved..she have you swinging too....lol! luv this author!!!
Kimi Court
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book. I couldn't put it down. It does have some paranormal aspect to it but I don't think that "that" is the book. There were point's in the book when I wanted to walk into it and slap a few people around. This tells me that the book had me so engrossed in the book that I felt like I was there. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. You will love this book and both H/H.
Vee
Jan 31, 2014 added it
Average read

Storyline was a good one but for me the book was rough going. This may probably just be the author's style and I may need to read some more of her work to gain a better appreciation.
shannon  Stubbs
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love these kind of stories

I love these kind of stories. Supernatural powers from getting struck by lightning and a damsel in distress. It was very good. Also I thought pink eye from the beginning. Lol.
Kathy Brickert
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story!

I am glad to see a bit of paranormal included in this story! It seems to me if you had a chance to actually be in the tomb of Christ, you should have some special gift or talent! Exciting story and it links some family groups. Nice read!
Barbara Literski
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy

Another good story by Kathryn Le Veque!! It has the good, the bad and the very bad. A story that has a happy ending and miracles.
TownBranch
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
This wasn't a favorite of mine mainly because it seemed short and rushed. The characters (all of them) weren't developed well nor did they hold my interest.
Missy Graf
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A little different in the introduction to a miracle then her other books, but brilliant just the same in story.
Vicki Vail
Feb 07, 2016
Mel Enslow
Apr 17, 2019

• Highlander's Scarred Angel: A Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Savage of the Sea (Pirates of Britannia: Lords of the Sea, #1)
  • A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • Highlander's Wicked Game: Scottish Medieval Highlander Romance Novel (Wicked Highlanders Book 1)
  • The Highlander's Iron Lady
  • Highlander's Forbidden Lass: Scottish Medieval Highlander Romance Novel
  • Highlander's Daring Escape: A Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • The Sea Lyon (Pirates of Britannia #5)
  • Her Highlander's Heart: Scottish Medieval Highlander Romance Novel
  • The Bastard (The King's Cousins, #3)
  • Highlander Warrior (Highlander In Time, #2)
  • Highlander's Torn Bride: A Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Highlander's Dark Pride
  • Highlander's Haunted Past: A Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Rodrick the Bold (The Mackintoshes and McLarens, #3)
  • Highlander's Deception
USA TODAY Bestselling Author
Amazon All-Star Author
#1 multi-published Bestselling Amazon Author
#1 ranked English Medieval Romance Author on Amazon

"Le Veque writes... winning epics...." -- Publisher's Weekly

"Kathryn Le Veque is a force of nature. Her stories are epic, with timeless themes and heroes to die for." --Tanya Anne Crosby, New York Times Bestselling Author

"The epic Medieval Romance is back