Start by marking “A Mail Order Bride for Charlie (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Mail Order Bride for Charlie (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #1)

A Mail Order Bride for Charlie

(The Carson Brothers of Kansas #1)

The Wild West was tamed, one man at a time...

Desperate for grandbabies and cursed with four wayward sons, Maggie Carson concocts a scheme to impersonate them in letters sent back east for mail order brides.

Rebecca Hart is the first ensnared, romanced by sweet words, poetry, and the promise of a new life. When she arrives in Topeka, she is eager to marry the man she thought
Published January 2nd 2014 by Love Lust Story

To ask other readers questions about A Mail Order Bride for Charlie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mail Order Bride for Charlie

Jenn
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
A simple, good flow, quick read. I was able to finish this in one sitting.

This is a story about a mother who wants the best for her four sons. They need to settle down and she wants grand-babies. She sets off, with the best of intentions, and meddles in one sons life. That son would be Grant. He's carrying on with a woman he has no business of being with.

Mrs. Carson, the mom, sends her youngest son Charlie to fetch Grant's fiancé, Rebecca, from the train station. When they first meet he's a bit
Dara
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Already read this one before and it was still good as the first time.
Nicole
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ebook
A short read with a sweet plot but, while it has potential, I thought it not terribly well written. The author, Carré White, loves complex sentences but they often have no relevance. For example:

“When we had eaten, and Grant had extracted himself from the clutches of the charming woman, we stood before her house, while a neighbor had taken a bucket of water out, dumping it into a ditch.”

While the idea here is to set the scene, the neighbour is superfluous to the story. An occasional sentence lik
Steve Bender
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this book through a giveaway from eBook Discovery in exchange for an unbiased review. I enjoyed the book, but it started slowly for me because I found the male protagonist rather unlovable. The story line was good, but his character was a little off. As the book went on though, I found myself enjoying the book and dialogue more and more, and I finally fell in love with the book Good Read.
Cindy Rippentrop
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick love

Quick love story about a mail order bride and two brothers whom neither of them ordered her, she was ordered by their mom. What to do when the brother you were ordered for loves someone else and the other brother is the one you find yourself falling for.
Earlene Click
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Bride For Charlie

I enjoyed reading this first in the series the Carson Brothers of Kansas. Will it be Grant and Rebecca or Charlie and Rebecca? To cute and funny.
Barbara A. Faw
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally new twist on mail-order-bride.
Valerie
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A bride for Charlie

Excellent book I just could not put it down needed to find out what was going to happen
I would recommend it to anyone who loves the mail order bride books
Deb Shank
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Good read .Predictable outcome. Fun reading clean reading,fast moving, like reading shorter stories. Ladies needed courage to travel to find husbands
Vickey Mcgee
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

What a beautifully written story. This is a very fast moving read. Once I started it I couldn't stop. Finished at 2:30a.m. Loved it!
Cheri
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprised husband.

This is a sweet romance with a hint of steam. Charlie is sent to town to pick up Rebecca, the mail order bride his mother sent letters to pretending to be his brother. Grant is busy sleeping with another woman. You'll enjoy it. The characters are interesting and charming. Will Rebecca end up with a husband? Or will she be stranded in a town in the west, far away from anyone she knows? I enjoyed this and recommend it.

E
Lynn
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlies bride

Cool story of mail order bride, crazy mom, and dumb brothers. Of course I'm referring to matters of love only. Enjoyed. Think you will too
Melody Cox
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A cute story but...

This was a cute story with an HEA but it wasn't easy to read. It was written in the first person, which is my least favorite, and I had to search ahead a few paragraphs up to a page or two quite a few times to figure out who was speaking. That became frustrating. There was also a lack of detail and depth.

I was looking for a quick, light read without a lot of angst and this did fill the bill, but I think with a little ingenuity it could have been a very good story. For me, it w
Tonileg
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Western romance about yet another Mail-Order bride which just makes me wonder how prevalent that type of arranged marriage was during the 19th century.
Mother, widow and ranch owner, Maggie Carson is at the end of her patience with her four sons, two of which are MIA, one is carrying on with a married woman in town and the only the youngest is around taking care of the ranch. So for the past six months Maggie has been corresponding with a young lady from New York city, Miss Rebecca Hart who doesn
Betty
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charlie's mother arranged for a mail order bride for his brother, Grant. After six months of correspondence with Charlie's mother, Rebecca was traveling west to marry her fiancé, Grant. Unfortunately Grant didn't know anything about the letters that his mother had written in his name and was deep in an affair with a married neighbor. Charlie was sent by his mother to pick Rebecca up at the station.
This is a well written short romantic comedy that will keep you smiling throughout the read. I e
LadyCalico
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
An okay mail order bride story with likeable H/h, but the premise behind the mother sending for Grant's mail order bride did not work. Her behavior and thought processes were so bizarre and inconsistent, that the only way it would have worked is if the psychotic mother had a prior history of institutionalization, or maybe gotten kicked in the head by a horse. I know somewhere in this world there may be people so self-absorbed and cruel that they are totally oblivious to taking any other person's ...more
Lisa C.
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I decided to give this story a try as I enjoy reading about mail order brides. Although I wouldn't call it a waste of time, it was not a book I would recommend to anyone and I won't continue the series. I usually don't have a problem with first person stories but Charlie and Rebecca both used first person, going back and forth for each chapter. Every so often I had to stop and think who was talking.

Getting past that part, I still found the writing amateur and kind of childish with not enough des
Ruth
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-kindle
I enjoyed how Maggie Carson is planning her sons future. Charlie can't believe what his mom has done for his brother. Grant wants nothing to do with the wife his mom has found for him but thinks he needs to do the right thing and marry her. Rebecca has come out west to be a wife but when she gets here she finds out that she has been mislead. Charlie is in the middle of the entire thing and is not sure what he wants. I enjoyed the ending very much. I will be reading more of Carre White's books.
Jane
Maggie Carson, a desperate mother wants to see her four sons settled giving her grandchildren. The problem is her four adult sons are not ready to settle down yet, so she takes matters into her own hands. She writes for mail order brides for them. In this first story she wrote for a bride for her son, Grant and Charlie fell in love with Rebecca Hart and married her. That was all right with Maggie, one down and three to go. This was a sweet romance with a few twists and turns to get the right bro ...more
Iris
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I actually loved this story. It was a sweet romance. The interactions between Charlie and Rebecca were great. It was obvious from the start that they were perfect for each other. So why only 3 stars? The story was told in the first person point of view. Normally that would not bother me. However, there was no clear definition of who was speaking from one chapter to the next.

Overall, an enjoyable story. I look forward to reading the rest of the stories in the series.
TreLyn Cecile
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good story. Rebecca goes sight unseen to Kansas with the intent to marry Grant Carson. Grant however is too busy carrying on with a married woman to settle down. His brother Charlie is sent to pick her up and they, on the other hand, do have chemistry. The author does well describing life of that time period along with the mail order bride part that was a quite common practice in that era. A quick, good, decent read.
Shelley
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable, short read. Its first in a series, I will read more of Ms. White's books. It was a nice fluffy historical romance. A great book for those that like cleaner romances without heavy, descriptive sex scenes. I will mention though that there are kissing and sex scenes. A great book to read when you don't have a lot of reading time but want to escape for a little bit. I recommend this book to those who like post civil war historical romance
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A very simple quick light read. It is written well and keeps you entertained from start to finish. The story has some humor, passion and lovable characters. A good book for those that like clean reading romance without heavy, descriptive sex scenes – there are sex scenes but they are not overly erotic. Overall I enjoyed the historical romance story as I like mail-order bride stories and look forward to reading more from this author.
Pam
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mama decides it is time for her sons to get married so she starts with her third eldest son in hopes of dissuading him from his liaison with a married woman; besides, the two older boys were outlaws and beyond her help right now. She has to send Charlie to pick up Miss Rebecca Hart because Grant cannot be found. Little does Charlie know that picking up Rebecca will lead to marriage for him.
June
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I love mail order bride stories. This one finds Charlie's mother ordering brides for her four sons. This bride is supposed to be for Grant but Charlie saves the day by falling in love with Rebecca.

The story has some humor, passion and lovable characters. This is my first reading of this author though I've got a few of her books on my TBR list. Looking forward to reading more from her.
Debra K. Brown
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Summary.

These books were good to read I love the Carson Brothers series from Kansas City it is good that each one of the brothers were able to find a spouse to the mail order system . Although you have to continue to read each one of the books in order for that happen is to be found. But I believe that the storyline was a good storyline for the book
Natasha Scheffler
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Short and sweet

Predictable is the only really way I would describe this. Everything is all set up in the beginning so you know exactly where it's all going from there. Sweet story with a sweet ending.
lois Burrell
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Mail. Order. Bride. For. Charlie.

Was a well written book. I enjoyed reading it. Good plot. The book was so interesting. It was hard to put down. I really do not care much for intimate details in the bedroom. Other than that it's a good read.
darlene.  wilson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Choosing The Right Brother

I love these Mail Order Bride books. They are fun to read. Loved the way that Charlie helped Rebecca realize that she shouldn't marry his brother. The interaction between them and his mother was great. A sweet western romance.
Cayla
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. A meddling mother, an innocent mail-order bride, a not-so-honorable son, and a charming-also-irritating son who finds this whole situation amusing. Throw them in the pot and what do you have? A recipe for love.

• Mail Order Love
  • Silken Promises
  • Millie Marries a Marshal (Brides with Grit, #2)
  • Tin Angel
  • Twelfth Moon (Legend of the Pantera, #1)
  • A Bargain Struck
  • Cowboy, Sing Me Home
  • In the Marshal's Arms
  • Calico
  • After The Ashes
  • River's Edge
  • The Officer and the Southerner (Fort Gibson Officers, #2)
  • Her Heart's Desire (Nebraska Historicals, #1)
  • Holt's Gamble (Wild Western Hearts Series #1)
  • Abby: Mail Order Bride (Unconventional, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • Romancing Rosalie: A Cascade Creek Christmas (The Ladies of Cascade Creek, #1.5)
  • Captured
Just copy and paste the following link into your web browser:

Carré White is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary and historical romance. Her Colorado Brides Series has been a historical and western top 100 bestseller. The romance anthology, Western Kisses - Old West Christmas Romances, is an Amazon top 100 bestseller.

Carré lives in Co

The Carson Brothers of Kansas (4 books)
  • A Mail Order Bride for Bronson (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #2)
  • A Mail Order Bride for Wyatt (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #3)
  • A Mail Order Bride for Grant (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #4)