Start by marking “Pride to Pack (Mount Roxby, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pride to Pack (Mount Roxby, #1)

Pride to Pack

(Mount Roxby #1)

Rosabel McGuiness, orphaned Werewolf, has finally decided to leave the Werelion Pride she’s been living with for the last eighteen years. She’s been challenged to one duel too many. It’s time to find a pack to call home.

Theodore Wilson, Alpha of the Mount Roxby Pack, has never cared about finding his Mate. He swore off women when his Wife, a human who knew noth
ebook
Published July 16th 2014 (first published July 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pride to Pack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pride to Pack

Start your review of Pride to Pack (Mount Roxby, #1)
Sam
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review found on Book-Boyfriends

So... What can I say?

After getting over the initial misunderstanding due to an Aussie accent I have to say I came to love the first real good guy we met: Jared. No matter what his role was/is in all of this, he sure is someone I like to become happy one day... Hell, he totally deserves that!

Next I totally went to Bel's side. If I could pick any female character to be my kick-ass-best friend I swear it would be her. She's compassionate, sweet and one of the greatest females ever written.
Heather andrews
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let's just say it doesn't sit well with Theo that others want to claim his woman, "you want to claim her?" I barely contain my growl. She is my mate. No one but me will be claiming her." Theo he tries to calm his woman down, and sometimes it just has a weird reaction, "don't worry, she's got no chance, I'm yours, remember?" He says as he leans across the console and gives me a chaste kiss. I can smell his arousal and realize he's aroused by the fact that I'm jealous." Personally I loved this boo ...more
Inga Lady Of Bookland
Ok, this was disappointing and annoying. I was so irritated by Bel. And did really all the guys have to fall for her? Just too much unnecessary drama. So 2.5 stars from me for Pride to Pack and maybe I'll check out if I like this series when Bel is not the MC.
Melanie
not bad but it seemed like there was just too much crammed in to the heroine's character. A werewolf who is also an empath AND a druid is just a bit too much, even for a shifter story
Angie
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Rosabel (Bel) is a werewolf who was raised by her human aunt and werelion uncle. She was never fully accepted into his pride. As soon as Bel turned eighteen she became eligible to be challenged by any member of the pride. A fight to the death. Bel was challenged daily so she and her uncle decided it was best if she leave the pride and try to join a pack of her own kind.

She ends up in Mount Roxby and accepts a bartending job at Misty's, a witch-vamp-were bar. Bel meets Theo, Mount Rox
Shanda
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a good debut for Jennison. I do love shifter stories and I was intrigued and kept turning the pages to see what was going to happen. I felt the story was original which is a plus. I loved the Pride to Pack theme and thought this was pretty cool. It would be really nice to see some stories with the Pride and I am hoping for a good outcome for Jared.

The one thing I love about Shifter books or Werebooks is you can almost always count on them to be steamy. To me it is pretty much a require
Runningrabbit
This is a 3.5. The writing improves as the book develops, and the story keeps a fairly consistent pace. The editing leaves something to be desired, but I've definitely seen worse. The characters are believable and the relationships maintain credibility.

All up, a nice light, easy paranormal romance.
Himanish Prabhakar
My review for the series is 4 stars.

This is one of the favourite genre of mine Romance with the mix of Paranormal beings. Because it's always so much fun and interesting and on the same time its very thrilling to read. The characters are so strong. The story started with pain but then there is so much happening books by books. The old rivalry between the Werewolves and Vampires, but in a different way, I would say Aimie's way. Characters are written really strong and you know what th
Margaret Hasemann
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an entertaining read.

Our main character, Bel, is a strong sensitive woman in a bad situation that will only get worse for her as well as family and friends if she remains. Her only choice is to start over somewhere else and she does. She may not have jumped from the frying pan into the fire, but she definitely jumped into another equally hot frying pan. The main difference in this case being not what she is ( a werewolf), so much as what else she is. With former, present and futur
Marsha
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
(4.5 Stars)
"Pride to Pack" is a truly delightful and unexpectedly good read. The world building is superb, the characters are multi dimensional and the plot was action packed. My only criticism is that the romance/ love making was tepid at best.

Rosabel or Bel is a werewolf living among and being raised by werelions since the untimely death of her parents many years ago. Most of the lions resent her and it seems she is being challenged to the death at every turn. Bel has been in
Rachel Raithby
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved how this book jumped right into the action. Rosabel is my kind of girl, strong independent and knows how to kick butt!

I liked Theo, he's strong, loyal and brave. The romance between them is intense but Bel does resist a little and I did find myself wanting to shout at her!

The only thing I didn't quite understand was the relationship between Bel and Dominick, one minute Bel hates him the next she'd saving his life by offering her blood. I didn't like Dominick character I foun
Diane Werning
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pride to Pack(The Mount Roxby Series)

I chose a 5 star rating because it deserved it.This story will have you hooked from the first page to the last.There's vampires,werewolves and witches,who wouldn't love a book like this?I love the mystery surrounding this story,you have to figure out who is kidnapping the super naturals.Theo is the alpha and Bel is his mate,their story will keep you intrigued.Please read this book,I cannot wait for the next one to come out.
Heather
Mar 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
When the man you supposedly love is being held hostage, you don't haggle about the time you get your Butt out of bed to go rescue him. When you are mated to someone you love, you don't go on dates with another man, let alone kiss him. As you can tell these a big turn-offs for me.
Michelle Irwin
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read from a debut author. Held my interest from start to finish. I just have a problem where I guess the bad guy really early & then wait for it to sink into the characters. I enjoyed my time at mount Roxby & will definitely be picking up the next in the series.
Francie
As someone who doesn't care that much for werewolves, I absolutely loved these wolves. I mean talk about a page turner! I was hooked from page one and had to force myself to put the book down to get things done. Great job Aimie! I look forward to the next one.
Jamie
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved this story! It started a little slow, but i ended up reading while walking, which is always a good sign LOL Really likable characters and there are a few characters where I'd love to hear more from! <3 Great debut!
Rhonda
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I hope there are more coming! I'm going to check now!
Tawnya
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pride to Pack is an enjoyable shifter novel. It had mystery, action, and romance, and of course hot werewolves.
Alisa Lawry
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Great debut storyline but I found the narration bait over the top for me.
J.L.
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: xyz-read-2014
This is a good start for a new series. I will be looking for the next book to come out.
Ariol
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
Keeps you interested

Keeps you interested

I really enjoyed reading this it kept me wanting more it's a good book I'm glad I spent time reading it
Lauren
**REVIEW TO COME**
MJ
Ah, where to start? I'll try and keep it short shall I?

- we are amped up about this h who has been trained from the age of ten to be sure that when she faces inevitable challenges at the age of 18, she will be able to kill the opponents. And we've been told that after she turned 18, she did face endless challenges... and win... which means she killed them. It's said around one challenge a week, but occasionally her friend/boyfriend would take them on, so let's be conservative and say
Ann-Maree Howarth
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read a shifter story in some time to which I thoroughly enjoyed this one. We have werewolves, vampires, witches, and Lion-shifters in this great story set in Australia. Rosabel is a werewolf that was raised in a Lion pride and from the age of 18, she had to fight for her life. She leaves the pride or you should day she ran from the pride and the man she loved to protect him from his future that he is destined to have.
She is a lone wolf searching for her pack to which leads her t
Jackie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF - quit at 44%
Sheesh, I thought the very beginning showed a little promise, but things quickly went downhill from there. I did not care for the heroine, & the guys throwing themselves at her were just too much to stand. The alpha wolf, Theo, was also not a great character, lettting her to see other men, not explaining the wolf things to her & just putz around in general not setting things right with his mate. The story in general is wishy-washy, it drove me crazy. The author is
T.
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded The Binder's Game as a free book from Amazon. Interesting world-building and characters make this unusual plot a really good read. While not a fast-paced read, it was steady and built to a surprising ending (some threads are left open, so there's sure to be another book to come). Galen was a bit of a disappointment, because of how easily he was manipulated through the whole book, but the twists and turns kept me reading. PS: editors and proofreaders are our friends, this book would ...more
Debra
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pride to Pack

In this first book about Shifter's and vampires we read about a wolf shifter who was raised in a lion pride. But all things were not good for her. She had to fight till the death too many times. So she leaves to find a pack that would accept her. Once she enters a wolf pack she meets the alpha. He is not happy with her. He knows that she is his true mate. But being burnt before by a human he isn't ready for that bonding just yet. This is the first book in this series. They seem
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense filled good shifter book

Love this book I love a shifter book that has a good romance feel to it a different kind of love that roommate should have when it comes to wolves and other shifter books this was right on with the feels in the connection between Theo and Bel love the suspense keeps you wanting to turn the pages and keep reading more if you like shifter books at all this is a good read and beginning to a series I highly recommend author and series
Beth
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully Enjoyed! Great read! Thanks!

Contains characters you can easily befriend or smack! (Wishing it cleared up the situation between Bel and Chloe, would have loved to be there when she was put into her place) A story that is wonderfully written and has it all, no matter what you're into, so long as it's Paranormal! THIS IS ONE STORY YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS, or put down after you get started!! Cheers!
Jemina Venter
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pride to Pack is the first book by Aimie Jennison that I've read. I am not overly familiar with reading shifter romances, but I absolutely LOVED this! Aimie writes in a way that you don't want to put the book down! This was a gorgeous paranormal romance that I couldn't put down (I was reading it until 3am!) and made me want to immediately pick up the next one!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Half Blood (Helheim Wolf Pack Tale #1)
  • Riley's Vampire Prince (Hunter Clan #2)
  • Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion: Sara #1)
  • Controlled Desires (Alpha Doms, #2)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Winter (Court of Sin #2)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster (Iron Seas, #4.1; Kraken King, #1)
  • Lexia
  • Bare in the Bar (Shifter Town, #1)
  • Blood, Body and Mind (Aaron's Kiss, #1)
  • Jolie Wilkins Books 1 & 2 / Dulcie O'Neil Books 1 & 2
  • Wynter's Captive
  • Angel Kin (Angel Assassins, #2)
  • Wild Need (Chiasson, #3)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
Aimie is a Yorkshire lass living in Australia. She is a mother to three boisterous boys, you could say four if you add her husband.
Aimie loves to read and write. Her favourite place to listen to her characters is at the beach.
Visit Aimie at www.facebook.com/AuthorAimieJennison

Mount Roxby (5 books)
  • Forever Young and Beautiful (Mount Roxby, #2)
  • Reclaiming the One, (Mount Roxby #3)
  • Love of Three (Mount Roxby, #4)
  • Mount Roxby: Books 1-3 (The Mount Roxby Series)