Start by marking “Hope's Watch (Safe Harbors, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Hope's Watch (Safe Harbors, #1.5)

Hope's Watch

(Safe Harbors #1.5)

Elle Reinhardt loves people and has a gift for turning groups of strangers into friends. When she talks her best friend Lyn into taking a month-long Pacific cruise, Elle is in her element, gathering fellow passengers to her. But things go horribly wrong when a ship excursion ends in death and disaster at the hands of modern-day pirates.

Filled with her own emotional wounds
ebook, 1, 41 pages
Published January 16th 2014 by Emerald Arch Publishing (first published December 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hope's Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope's Watch

Elsbeth
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished A Change of Plans yesterday and just had to read Elle's story. To know what happened to her, just after the disaster.
Knowing what life looks like for the main characters of this story after 2 years (from Safe Harbors #1), makes it easier and more difficult to read. This might be a short read, but it is just as touching and heartbreaking as A Change of Plans.
NaDell
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't read the other books in this series, but found this one to be easy enough to get into without the others. I liked the emotion the characters had and felt their heartache during parts of the novella. Might need to go and read the rest of the series now.
Nanette
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The characters in the Safe Harbor series feel like people you know, people you care about. So reading Hope’s Watch was like checking in on an old friend, Lyn’s best friend Elle, who felt like my friend too. When a story pulls you in so deep; you feel you’re part of it, you care what happens to everyone. In Hope’s Watch, you walk through this harrowing ordeal with Elle. You watch her come to grips with a situation she has no control over, and you see how becoming vulnerable can give you strength ...more
M R
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Safe Harbors series! This story adds an insight and depth to Elle's character as she struggles to hang on to hope against all odds. It was great to see how the events right after the trauma unfolded for those not lost at sea.

And the cover is just gorgeous! Definitely a good companion to A Change of Plans.
Gayle
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2014
I enjoyed this short story that shows another side of the story from "A Change of Plans."
Donna Weaver
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I'm biased, but I love Elle's little story. Such a tough time in her life.
Nancy Alexander
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first story that I have read by Ms. Weaver & I will be reading more from her. I would have given it 5 stars but it ended in a cliff hanger. I don't normally read SS or Books that have cliff hangers but this one peaked my interest from reading the intro. Elle Reinhardt & her BFF Lyn were taking a month long cruise but things turned out badly when modern-day pirates kidnapped several of the passengers & injured others. The story details how Elle handled the situation & ...more
K B
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Hope's Watch Is a good introduction to Elle and Mal's romance.
I received a free copy and this review was given freely.
Hope's Watch Is a good introduction to Elle and Mal's romance. It is best if you read it after A Season of Change as this short novel picks up with the people being rescued off the Pirates' ship,Jori's hospitalization, and the wait for the rescue of the 4 lost friends. Unfortunately, to know if Elle and Mal's attraction turns into a romance with a happy ending you have to
Joan Arning
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Hope's Watch is a novella in the Safe Harbors series. I have not read the other books in the series but enjoyed the story involving modern day pirates! Elle, who is rescued, is a strong female character. Mal, whose close friend is missing, is a well-written male protagonist. While Hope's Watch is a stand alone, it will make you want to read the rest of the series to see if the others are found. I received a complimentary e-book of Hope's Watch from the author. This is my honest opinion.
Danielle Carpenter
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is about waiting to find out about what happened to the ones that were rescued after a boat was captured by pirates. The emotions that are unraveled as the waiting to hear about those that were taken by the pirates. Elle waits while her family comes to gather around her. Malcolm is the spokesman for Lyn's family, but he is drawn to Elle. For a novella, the emotions felt by these characters are very deep.
Diane
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for a honest review. This is the second book and Elle's story. A horrible time for her as she waits to hear news of her friends that were separated from them. I enjoyed this story but wished it was longer.
Karen
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I like the others in the series. This novella had a very abrupt ending though and lacked the depth displayed in previous works. Still, not bad.
Annette Sullivan
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful short story full of raw emotions from a tragic illegal event. A touch of romance brightens and gives hope amidst other tumbling emotions. Very well written good short story.
Stephanie
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great addition to Safe Harbors. I could've used a little more character & story development (it moved a bit fast for my taste), but it's a novella so I guess that can be expected.

Fun, easy, super quick read!
Norma
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I loved this story. It was very well written. I loved the fact it was a clean, Christian romance with a great storyline. I ended up buying the other 2 books in the series because the storyline was so good.
Kimberly
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elle struggles with the trauma of being captured, losing her best friend and moving forward. I'm guessing with how the book ended there will be another, it was a decent read.

I received a free ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Lucinda
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Between 3 and 3 1/2.
I read Safe Harbors and liked it a lot. I enjoyed reading the 'behind-the-scenes' about the rest of the characters once they returned to shore.
I'd like to read more about Hope and Mal once they got back to their 'real' lives.
Looking forward to Jori's story.
Rachel
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked reading Elle's perspective. This is a quick read and I like the way it adds to the story from 'A Change of Plans.'
Pam
Jul 24, 2015
Leslie Sheedy Lintz
Nov 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Award-winning author - wife-mother-grandmother-Navy brat-Army veteran-karate black belt-Harry Potter nerd-online gamer girl.

Safe Harbors (4 books)
  • A Change of Plans (Safe Harbors, #1)
  • Torn Canvas (Safe Harbors, #2)
  • Swing Vote (Safe Harbors, #3)
  • Kings Crossed Lovers (Safe Harbors, #4)