Start by marking “Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1)

Within Temptation

(Sons of Temptation #1)

Category: Romantic Mystery/Romantic Suspense. This is not erotica or romantica. This is a romance centered around a murder mystery.

Heat Factor: 3 out of 5 -- The sexual tension is high, and the burn is slow. Sex is character-driven, rather than plot-driven.
================================

Love, betrayal and murder in a small town.

Twelve years after her mother's murder, Sha
Published May 9th 2014 by Virtual Acquisitions

To ask other readers questions about Within Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Within Temptation

Start your review of Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1)
Jill
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jill by: Didi

Over a decade ago, on a hot September morning, I entered hell. In my nightmares, I could still smell the blood...could still see Trace Dawson clutching a garden spade while crouched over Mother's corpse.

description

After twelve years in prison, Trace Dawson returns to his hometown of Temptation, West Virginia. Jailed for the murder of Lilith Bradford when he was eighteen, Trace has always protested his innocence. Only hours after his release he crosses paths with Shannon Bradford, the daughter of t
Baba
2.5 stars. Review posted November 8, 2015

Me before reading Within Temptation…
 photo 0adfd1b0-35ff-0132-09e2-0eae5eefacd9_zpsoezoeewe.gif

Me during the reading process…
 photo tumblr_nb8k15rE6g1rjn473o1_500_zpsnugfvdiy.gif

After putting this book down to plow through a highly anticipated ARC that turned out to be a great read, I'm not really feeling motivated to invest a lot of time to review Within Temptation. I picked it up again, got to the finish line and in between rolled my eyes a couple times due to all the ridiculous drama towards the end and a terribly annoying heroine who ruined everything for me. I
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5* 'Wow, this book ended on a high note! Whew!' Stars

ETA: Update - New release date moved up to May 2014

WITHIN TEMPTATION is a solid, well-plotted, and sexy romance suspense set in Temptation, West Virginia. And it is a DEBUT novel, which seriously blows me away! I have read many veteran authors in this genre who never came close to the writing quality and plot-building of Tanya Holmes. She uses alternating first-person POV of both the hero and heroine, so we get to see the story and romance
Didi
5 STARS OR 10+++++++/10!!!!!!

THIS IS A DEBUT? INCREDIBLE.

I LOVED THIS. It was the best RS I've read to date. It had me hanging on every word, breath, shadow...looking for an answer to solve the ridiculously good and absorbing mystery of a wrongfully accused man and a woman viciously murdered at his supposed hands.
Trace has been in prison for 12 years, paying penance for a murder he was accused of committing. The book starts out with Trace's release. He's only been out for hours and already the h
Mo
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is now available for download ....

This is the story of Shannon and Trace. Trace is just out of prison, after 12 years. He was convicted of murdering Shannon's mother. Shannon fears that she might have helped convict an innocent man, Trace, and wants to try and rectify the matter. Trace, obviously wants nothing to do with her. He wants to serve his parole and get out of town pronto.

Trace is bitter and resentful. He always protested his innocence. This is set in the town of Tem
Alexis *Reality Bites*
REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Romantic Suspense/Mystery

photo WITHINTEMPTATIONFINALPIC1_zps5199c362.jpg

‘Geographically speaking, I was free, but I still thought like a con. Still felt like a caged animal. Something told me that to survive this place, I’d have to define stuff in terms of Gainstown. Nothing made sense outside of it.’

‘I’m the butcher boy of Temptation’
Trace just finished doing a 12 year bid in prison when he spots the one responsible for keeping him behind bars. Shannon Bradfor
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

I may be on parole, but you're still the warden of your own penitentiary. So, between the two of us, who's the real prisoner, darlin'?"

Wow. As far as debut novels goes, this was superb. I couldn't believe this was Tanya Holmes' first novel. I'm not even sure how to best describe what I read just now. Think soap opera (or Dallas) on steroids, with a murder mystery thrown in, and a romance expertly interwoven into the suspense. Makes sense? Well it did in my head.

This is not erotica or
Karla

4.5 Riveting Stars!! Ding Ding Ding …we have winner!! I dove in and didn’t come up for air. It consumed me and when I turned the last page I was spent! That’s the way I like my romantic suspense...leaving me breathless!!

Okay…I’m impressed! This book could easily be turned into a movie script and what a movie it would be!! I love a good mystery, and boy oh boy, this was right up there at the top and could give some of my favorites a run for the money!

Very close to being a 5 star read, barring o
Angie **loves angst**
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, beta-read, arc
ITS LIVE: Amazon

Books descriptions usually determine my anticipation levels for reading a book. Sometimes just reading a blurb will cause me to drop everything else I'm reading and start a book right away. After reading the blurb for Within Temptation, not only did I like the sound of it but it sounded like there was a healthy dose of angst to be expected.

Shannon Bradford

Trace Dawson

The Plot
He's an ex-convict. She's a realtor.
He's poor. She's rich.
He's single. She's engaged.
He wants her to l
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Um... WOW!!! This sounds freaking AWESOME!!

Love, betrayal and murder in a small town…

Twelve years after her mother's murder, Shannon Bradford fears she may have helped convict an innocent man. Even worse, her prominent family may have had something to do with it. Desperate for answers, she seeks help from the one person least likely to give it. Her best friend and childhood crush, Trace Dawson.

The man she sent to prison.

Serving hard time for murder has left Trace angry and bitter. As far as
Duchess Nicole
DNF @ 42%...no rating

I think I need to just cut my losses. I'm so bummed, but rather than push on through to the end and shred the book that everyone seems to love, I'm just going to be a quitter.

At this point, I've been bored since the beginning and the book is starting to be a chore. Candy Crush kept calling my name! Level 290...booyah!

I'm literally in the 1% minority with my opinion here, so take it for what it's worth. (prevaricating again...it's becoming habit) I'll try to be short and sw
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation #1)
Author – Tanya Holmes
Publication Date – May 9, 2014
Type – No Cliffhanger Series
Genre – Romance, Suspense
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

I was so blown away that this is a debut novel from Ms. Holmes.  The story line was unique – the writing was spotless and the reading was effortless.  From the moment I picked up this wonderful book, I was hooked and had to know what was coming next.

I fe
♥Sharon♥

I'm keeping this one short and sweet because I've done things a bit backwards once again.

Just a little bit ago I read The Darkest Frost Series which Tanya has also written. I fell in love with those books. I thought her writing was fantastic and very creative.

Then I decided to give this one a try which I understand to be her debut novel. Having read TDF, this one ended up falling short for me. Had I not had the experience of reading TDF I think I would have liked it a bit more. I couldn't dial b
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Twelve years ago, 18-year old Trace Dawson was put to jail for a murder he didn't commit.
Now he's back in town and the first person he sees is Shannon - the then 14-year old girl whose mother he supposedly killed. Shannon was the main witness for the prosecution.
But now she's here and she wants to re-connect.
They used to be friends. She was the girl who always followed him around when he worked at her family's huge estate. She was a good friend, but 12 years in prison can change a person.

And ev
Vanessa
4++ Temptingly Delicious Stars!!

What if your mother was brutally murdered? And what if you spent the whole time following her murder dissecting the details, replaying them in your head, and wondering....was the right person convicted?

Within Temptation was a great debut. I actually have no nails left thanks to this book!! This is a murder/mystery/suspense/love triangle/young love/romance that had twist after twist up until the very end! The story is told in dual POVs and begins on the day t
Amanda
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good romantic suspense that had me guessing from the beginning till the end. I find myself feeling invested and totally engaged in both the romance and the suspense department. I kinda suspected everyone in the picture, so when the truth was revealed I'm not that shocked. But was surprised by some revelation nonetheless.

Trace and Shannon were some sort of childhood friends. She was the rich girl, while he was the hired help. Their friendship ended in a tragedy when Shannon's mu
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆ "Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1)" Tanya Holmes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Complimentary copy provided by the author "Tanya Holmes " in exchange for an honest review.

4 BUTCHER BOY STARS

Ok I admit it I am a cover hoe!! And this cover is off the scales hot!! who the hell is that guy!! Licks screen *wipes chin*

A Poignant story about Love, Murder and Betrayal that will have you guessing right till the end!!

Serving hard time for murder has left Trace a bitter and angry man, twelve years served be
KatLynne
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatLynne by: Jill
3.5 Stars! A Really Good Debut!

photo WithinTemptationsbyTanyHolmes_zpsc0b837a9.jpg

“The course of true love never did run smooth.” –William Shakespeare

What a fitting opening statement for this story. Trace and Shannon’s road to happiness is fraught with deception, treachery, as well as a good serving of heartache.

The book begins with thirty year old Trace Dawson’s release from prison. Convicted of second degree murder, he’s spent twelve years behind bars for a crime he didn’t commit. The conditions of his parole have sent him back to Temptat
Georgina ☽ themalf0ydiaries
4.5 stars.

“A life lived in fear is a life half lived.”

Within Temptation is a suspenseful story full of romance, sexual tension, murder, lies and stolen memories.
It makes you think, If you can't rely on your family and your mind, Who can you really trust?

"Over a decade ago, on a hot September morning, I entered hell. In my nightmares, I could still smell the blood, could still see Trace Dawson clutching a garden spade while crouched over Mother's corpse."

This is the story of Shannon and Tr
Mitzi Carroll
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly good read. I loved it!

I received a copy of this book from the author for review.

���������Damn it, he���������s not my boyfriend!���������
���������Boyfriend. Fianc������. Sugar daddy. Whatever.���������
���������He���������s none of those things.���������
Trace jerked back around. ���������Please enlighten me then. What
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
description

Within Temptation was an intriguing read filled with mystery, suspense, love, imminent obstacles, healing, forgiving, and forging your own destiny.

12 years ago, Shannon Bradford's mother was murdered and her best friend/crush was sent away for murder. Now almost a decade later, things still don't add up and her only hope to solving this mystery is to go to the person she had convicted, Trace Dawson... only, he wants nothing to do with her. Period.

Bitter and confused with the betrayal of Shan
Kelly
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! One of the best books I've read this year!!
Sara
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-2014-release
This one was 2.5 stars the first 60% and 3 the last 40%. I really fought to keep reading, but it was a case of "Whodunit" that made me stick it out. This book reminded me of the TV series Dallas, mixed with a Lifetime movie, and an episode of Snapped. Mix in there a romance.

Trace is released from prison after serving 12 years for the killing of Lilith Bradford. Testimony from Shannon Bradford (Lilith's daughter) put him there. All she remembers is seeing Trace over her dead mothers body.......

Th
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
I love Tanya Holmes' writing. Her desriptions and dialogues are beautiful and special.

My beef was with the heroine. (view spoiler)
Avid Reader
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“A life lived in fear is a life half lived”

Please prepare yourself for one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Within Temptation by Tanya Holmes is just that. It has everything. Murder, lies, sexual tension, abuse, botched memories. The list goes on. When I was given this ARC to read, I thought I was getting a contemporary romance with a hint of a murder mystery. Boy was I wrong. The plot is so full of twists and turns I was desperate to know the truth by the end. As for the romance? I was sincere
Tianna
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Overall Rating: 5 Stars *****
For this book I'm liking..
Dark Paradise by Lana Del Ray

My Shannon:

Like I said, for some reason I can't stop picturing her with the blond vintage waves, red lipstick and classy attitude.

My Trace:

Can we say:

I know I can LOL. '

Give me a sexy, alpha male, emotionally guarded, somewhat douchebag, somewhat loving ex-con any day. Though preferably not with a nickname like "Butcher Boy"... that part would be slightly alarming...

Anywhoo, this book was just... WOW! The autho
KathyAnne
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really, really loved this book...
Engaging, romantic and suspenseful with a super sexy male lead that won my heart! I love stories that allow the couple to come together slowly while at the same time giving us an engaging plot that keeps us wondering and guessing until the very end.
Loved the connection between this couple that began as a childhood infatuation and brews into love 12 years later after Trace is finally paroled from prison for murder. Did he do it? Maybe... you'll have to read to
Mei
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Thanks Jill for having recommended this book to me! It was so worth readigng it! *hugs*

The story is wonderfully realistic. All the characters act very real-lifelike. There're moments they act stupid, but not as a heroine who goes out in the night when there's a moster after her just to spite the hero. No, here the stupidity is due to anger, or hurt, or just plain pique.

It's a story where hate is disguised as love and love disguised as hate.

Where hurt feeling and wrongs done are what drive the ch
Keri
I am glad that I picked this up after seeing several of my friends raving about it. It was a real good read, few things that got on my nerves was Shannon wishy washiness over how she felt about Trace. She would hurt him and he was suppossed to instantly forgiver her for whatever transgression she did. Never mind the 12 year gaping wound. Also at times it would take me a minute to figure out who was doing the talking. but despite those things, this was still a really good read and I am looking fo ...more
Geri
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I received a copy of this book as a beta reader. It is the first novel from Tanya Holmes and I can only hope it won't be her last!! From the first word to the last, you feel a part of the story. It has everything I look for in a good book, suspense, murder, tension, love, betrayal, family dynamics, and strong male and female characters. I started the book on a Saturday evening and could not put it down until I finished it, which just happened to be at 4:00 a.m.! The loss of sleep was so wor ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amazon Bestselling Author Tanya Holmes is a Golden Leaf double-finalist, a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist, a recipient of the Maggie Award, the MICA Award, as well as Overall Winner of the Sandy Haddad Award and a two-time finalist and one-time winner of The Emily (Best of the Best). She's happily married with children and loves reading, writing and a good cup of coffee---but not ...more

Sons of Temptation (2 books)
  • Temptation's Edge (Sons of Temptation, #2)

News & Interviews

“Damn it, he’s not my boyfriend!”
“Boyfriend. Fiancé. Sugar daddy. Whatever.”
“He’s none of those things.”
Trace jerked back around. “Please enlighten me then. What
the hell is he?”
“My past.”
“And what am I?”
I swallowed and stared intently at him with a nakedness I
couldn’t hide. “You’re…my everything.” Trace and Shannon from "Within Temptation”
6 likes
“Trace sighed, braced the worktable. “I said, get out.”

Frozen with fear and anger, I stared at the floor.

“No.”

“No?”

I elevated my chin a fraction. “That’s right…no.”
He twisted around. His expression made a gradual shift from vengeful to predatory. Our eyes battled in silence, then, like a prowling lion, he advanced, and I, his prey, retreated until I’d backed into a wall. When his shadow engulfed me, I had to tilt my head all the way back to stare up at him. The ice had thawed in his eyes, leaving twin pools of lava.”
5 likes