Start by marking “Relentless (Relentless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Relentless (Relentless, #1)

Relentless

(Relentless #1)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  21,190 ratings  ·  1,639 reviews
Sara Grey’s world shattered ten years ago when her father was brutally murdered. Now at seventeen, she is still haunted by memories of that day and driven by the need to understand why it happened. She lives a life full of secrets and her family and friends have no idea of the supernatural world she is immersed in or of Sara’s own very powerful gift.

In her quest for answer
Published December 26th 2013 by Karen Lynch

To ask other readers questions about Relentless, please sign up.
Alison Beechner Yes. When I skimmed the reviews it made it seem like there wasn't any. It's urban fantasy rather than a paranormal romance...like there isn't heavy on…moreYes. When I skimmed the reviews it made it seem like there wasn't any. It's urban fantasy rather than a paranormal romance...like there isn't heavy on the romance part yet (not the focus of the book), but there is a love interest . similar to Vampire Academy #1(less)

·  21,190 ratings  ·  1,639 reviews

Start your review of Relentless (Relentless, #1)
Ghadeer A
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
" in my country a female is beaten for interfering in the business of men"

That line was said by an Arabic person ...

As an arab You can not imagin how disgusted I am by that line ....and I thought authors were more educated and open minded ..guess there is always that ignorant a** who does not know what they are talking about ..*sigh*

And the sad thing is I actually liked the story and the charachters .and I did not mind that the bad guys were Arabs we are not saints so it was ok until I read th
Ben Alderson
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel has blown me away..

It has become one of my FAVOURITE reads of this year and I am so ridiculously excited about this series!
AND THE FIRST BOOK IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD!
Ash
*****AUGUST 26: THIS IS FREE FOR KINDLE. IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IT OUT YET, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?*****
-------> http://amzn.com/B00HJ9N3JU

MAY 2015: Apparently I need to just...reread all my favorite books from this year.....*sigh*

I haven't really stopped thinking about this book since I finished it the first time around back in January. It starts out kind of slow, there really isn't anything special about it....but then you read on, and you start to piece together what Sara is all about.

Th
Sarah Elizabeth
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was a YA fantasy story about a girl who could heal.

Sara was an okay character, but she did seem to put herself at risk a lot. I got that she cared for both people and animals when they were suffering, but she could have been more careful, especially when it came to meeting strangers, and she seemed to spill her secrets to more and more people as the book went on.

The storyline in this was about Sara learning that she wasn’t fully human, and learning that
Booknut
This has to be one of my fave reads of 2014.

A diverse range of mythical/magical creatures? Check.
A kickass heroine (Sara) who's not afraid to face danger head-on? Check.
A hot vampire hunter (Nikolas) with a Russian accent? Check, check, CHECK.
in love reaction photo: Buddies.gif

I'm off to buy the next book now - I'm looking forward to reading more about Sara, her adventures and (of course) Nikolas ;)
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
disappointment

Oh my... this book.... had too much of everything...

Stupidity, plot-holes, mystical creatures, alleged plot-twists, people, more stupidity, mood swings, but hey! at least no kissing!

...

... okay, that's not positive.

But let's start with the good things first: the Mohiri. I won't forestall what those are, but the idea - even though how they came to being isn't logical for me - was pretty good.
All the mythical creature overload, sylphs (air elementals), trolls, vampires (actually demons), werewolfs
Tiffany
This book was like a drug for my inner nerd. I love all things paranormal and I had several cracked out moments reading this. Trolls. Goblins. Vampires. Demons. Werewolves. Then she went to Fae and my brain went into overload! I heart Faeries!

Then let's move onto Nickolas. I wanted to jump into the book and dry hump his leg. IN. EVERY. SCENE. whew. Fans self! Fierce. Loyal. Protective. And enough testosterone to melt the panties right off of you!

That is all for now. Must read book 2 immediately
Muse-ic ♬
Read #2
Buddy read with, Louise! I link her review once it's up.

This book is great! It's obviously not as good as the rest of them (because let's face it, the others are AH-MAZING) because it's primarily set-up of the supernatural world. There is plenty of action, but it's only the beginning.

I needed some romance (which is why I'm also rereading book two; I need some Nikolas deliciousness) but I really respect and appreciate the fact that there isn't any romance in this book.
I like this move by
Lena K.
“Sometimes I thought of us as a pair of damaged bookends. We both had our flaws but we belonged together even if there was always something between us, keeping us apart.”

Book-related quotes always buy me over. So there’s that.

The cover is…uhm not my cup of tea. I like to imagine the characters myself, and the half faces ruined that for me, and now they’re stuck in my head!

Sarah lives with her uncle and heals animals, imps and other magical beings called ‘The People’. One night she goes to a
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
My casting:

This book wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.. Can't really make up my mind.. However, it was reeeallly long... and it felt like it took forever to read -.-' The story was good, but since it felt like it was taking forever to finish, I had mixed feeling about the book. Mixed feelings means hard to rate.
Rate: 3/3.5 stars.
Antonella

finally a series I can't wait to continue reading...

4,5 stars
Bookadmirer
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved this book. It was adventurous and the plot is great. There are so many creatures in this book. It's confusing and entertaining at the same time but the latter part was more prominent because I enjoyed it. There isn't any romance in this book, I hope it changes in the next book because I absolutely love Nicholas and Sara together. One thing I didn't like is, it's a very lengthy book. I felt the author could have shortened it.
Ashley Daviau
I’m right in the middle with this book. Some parts I loved and thoroughly enjoyed while some just made me cringe. It really was a mixed bag! I thought the concept and the ideas were really interesting but the execution was a bit lacking. It also could have been a hell of a lot shorter and I probably would have enjoyed it WAY more if it had been cut down a bit.
David Blanton
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't get into this genre, but it looked interesting so I decided to give it a go. Once I got started I was floored by the author's style. The characters are all believable and they are developed in such a way that you don't have to spend time with 4 or 5 chapters of filler before the action begins. She gets into it right away and develops the characters as you get into the flow of the book. It is kind of reminiscent of the way one of favorite authors Terry Brooks does it in his Word a ...more
Wendy Higgins
I enjoyed that. :) :) Adding book 2 to my TBR now!
Meital
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
5+++++

What an amazing book!!
It was really a pleasure and an intriguing reading experience. From the moment I opened the book until the end, I was so fascinated by every word and sentence written by these author.
The writing was wonderful: a fascinating plot full of mystery, humor, lots of action and breathtaking scenes. The author understands so well the nature of human beings, the nature of animals.

The references to “Buffy” made me happy. You can see that the author read a lot of books in thes
Jaymin Eve
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I recently discovered Karen Lynch and her amazing debut novel Relentless. I read almost constantly in the YA Paranormal/fantasy genre and it is so difficult finding something different, enticing and very well written. But here it is.

From the first pages with Remy (I LOVE HIM) I was sucked in. I really liked Sara, I loved the relationship she has with her 'brothers' and the romance aspect felt perfect. Not insta-love, but the bones of what feels like could be an epic love-story. And the way all t
Taylor
3.5 out of 5 Stars...I think...

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure how this book found its way into my hands. Not only physically (for real I have no recollection of purchasing this), but also what lured me into starting this yesterday afternoon.

And Lord was I ill prepared for what I signed up for. First of all, I had no clue this was book 1 in a 6-deep series...so far...?... Second, I wasn't expecting how chock-full of creatures this book was going to be. Seriously you name it and it was in ther
Sentranced Jem
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read-2017
Is it any wonder that I've reread this series numerous times?
I loveeee these characters so much

Update:
How many times could I possibly reread this series you ask?
We will never know. We will never truly know.

Mary
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Urban Fantasy lovers, YA lovers, and anyone who is looking for a seriously good read
Recommended to Mary by: Karen Lynch
ALRIGHT!

Let me start off by saying that I went into this book practically drooling. By the time I actually sat down to read it, I had seen the cover multiple times, read various samples, and even heard my friend talk about what was going on in the story. So I was EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK.

And it did not disappoint! When I started thinking about what to mention in my review, one item in particular stuck out: Gender.

I am so unbelievably PROUD of Karen for making a character who can be friends with a b
Vi
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first of I'm an honest reviewer and if the book is bad, I'll say so. Now lemme proceed.

This book is a 4.98 stars book

The book begins a bit too slowly for my liking, and the beginning of the book definitely did not capture my attention. The actual story started when a bit later when the mc was introduced, and from then I could not put the book down.

The development of the plot is beautiful, every twist and turn leaves you breathless, and I was honestly clawing my heart out in the sudden
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
As i al anxiously holding the third book in the series in my hand, i won't really write much of a review... as you can guess.

This was an interesting story. There were trolls, vampires, werewolves, and many more creatures, including hot, Mohiri males.

I loved the action, the adventure, the fighting, and basically everything. It is really good, indeed.
Annika
You know you've just read an amazing book when all you have to criticize is the lack of a few commas. It makes me sad to think about how close I'd come to not reading this little gem at all, as I wasn't too fond of the UF genre as a whole at the time I stumbled across it, and it being a Freebie on Amazon when my experinces with those weren't the best... well, let's just say I was suspicious at the least.

However, Karen Lynch did everything right with this novel. Fantastic, well-developed main and
Maggie ☘
*2.5 - not my cup of tea - stars*

I was hoping for something like this- Sanctum or this- Demons at Deadnight.

Unfortunately, what I've got was another mix between Vampire Academy (which I LOVE btw! But this was just trying to copy way too har at times, especially with the love interest) and Twilight. Relentless definitely wasn't a bad book, but it sure wasn't anything remarkable either. Just a perfectly normal (band) paranormal book.

One of the better things about this book was definitely the mix
Rebekah
Well this was an unexpected delight that I read within 24 hours. Yes it was the good.

I love urban fantasy and I went google searching for books that have hate-to-love type relationships because those are my favorite and I came across a slew of books with that troupe that I hadn't read and this trilogy was one of them.

Sara has always known that she was different, she's always known that there was another world out there, one with all the mythical creatures you can imagine, from thieving imps, t
Ivie dan Glokta
Special fried rice.

You know that in any Chinese restaurant they have that one dish that is ridiculously loaded with everything that they have. You got your pork, beef, chicken, prawn and everything in between all on one plate. It makes your stomach queasy just thinking about it. Special is one word to call it. Too much is another.

Relentless is too much when it comes to world building. It started more than ok. It's about a girl that has healing powers and deals with the People – the Fey. But soo
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

Even in the beginning of this book, I knew that I was going to be hooked on it and the rest of the series. I immediately loved Sara and basically everything about this book.

I loved all of the fantasy/paranormal information and action in this action. The mix of werewolves, vampires, goblins, trolls, and faeries was amazing and not at all confusing. I have read other books involving either one or more of the creatures that I have mentioned above so I had some experience reading about them but t
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
2.5- I'm surprised I finished it - Stars

Spoiled brat orphan girl with multiple powers

Unable to accept her Mohiri calling

Trolls, hellhounds, nogs, imps and other weird junk

Vampires who are after her along with everyone else...

Hot Vampire hunter (aka Mohiri) who she fights with constantly

Annnnndd head vampire dude who still wants to get her

Book is to be continued but I won't be continuing....
Stephanie
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really took me by surprise. I listened to this book, and I really enjoyed the story. It was original, and I loved Sarah right away. It is an easy read/listen. Besides a few cuss words here or there (maybe 2 in the book), this is a great fantasy young adult series. I went immediatly to the second book. I am completely hooked on these characters and this story that I went straght to book 3 when I was finish with book 2. I really like this one and can't wait to see what happens.

I'm sure t
Kelly Oram
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I don't know if this is a 4 or 5 star book. I need some time to process. But I seriously loved this one. I thought it was going to be just another vampire book, but it's not. Oh my goodness, it's not. I LOVED it.

• Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
  • Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Revival (The Variant Series, #1)
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six #1)
  • Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)
  • Twin Souls (Twin Souls, #1)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • Runes (Runes, #1)
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl, #2)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
Karen Lynch is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.

She grew up in Newfoundland, Canada - a place rich in colorful people and folklore to which she attributes her love of the supernatural and her vivid imagination. She moved to Charlotte, North Carolina years ago and was immediately charmed by the southern people but she says she will always be a newfie.

Though she loves supernatural

Relentless (8 books)
  • Refuge (Relentless, #2)
  • Rogue (Relentless, #3)
  • Warrior (Relentless, #4)
  • Haven (Relentless, #5)
  • Fated (Relentless, #6)
  • Hellion (Relentless, #7)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1-7)