Start by marking “The Difficult Second Book” as Want to Read:
The Difficult Second Book

The Difficult Second Book

Superman was a hero. Clark Kent was a geek. Spiderman saved lives. Peter Parker sold photographs to his local paper. Chris Moyles entertains 8 million people each week on BBC Radio 1. Then he goes home and plays Xbox on his sofa, wearing only his underpants. Welcome to the real world of Chris Moyles. This audiobook tries to get to the bottom of the double life of this awar ...more
Published October 4th 2007 by Ebury Press

To ask other readers questions about The Difficult Second Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Difficult Second Book

Sharon
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the first it's comical and entertaining if you like the chap. It's not an extraordinary autobiography but it's a quick and easy read and gives you some laughs along the way. I was surprised with both books how down-to-earth Chris comes across. The only thing he seems arrogant about (or should that be self-assured...No I think we'll stick with arrogant!) is his radio skills - and why not, he's an excellent DJ. Other than that he seems quite normal really. Like I said before - like the cha ...more
Michael
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Found this a good read. It borrowed from Moyles's first book, "The Gospel According to Chris Moyles : The Story of a man and his mouth," for a couple chapters. I enjoyed "Guest Diary" chapters, "My Life Through the Brit Awards" and "Enemy Number One." As with the radio show I found myself laughing out loud at many of the stories.
Roy Wilson
Feb 01, 2008 rated it liked it
if you like Chris Moyles, then this gives you an insight in to his sometimes bizarre, sometimes normal life. To me he comes across as being very down to earth, and has a love of computer games. I reckon he would be a good guy to have a pint with. Easy to pick up book, which didnt take me long to get through.
Kelly Smeeton
Aug 12, 2011 rated it did not like it
Less funny than the first and if possible bigger print!
Debbie Willson
Oct 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Almost as funny and real as the first...well worth the read though and I still laughed myself senseless!!
Katrina
Feb 17, 2009 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books ever written. But he still makes up as a good DJ. So not too bad.
Louise
Sep 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
As with the first one, I liked it at the time but now I just don't understand why I did. A bit boring really.
Henry
May 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Chris Moyles' first book was entertaining. He was very arrogant but he made no qualms about it. However, at least that had interesting anecdotes, something this second memoir is lacking.
lisa jane charlesworth
Good read

Would of liked to see the mentioned picture section on here too. I did enjoy this book very much. Very funny in parts
Tyrone
Feb 14, 2014 added it
Great read
Olivia Meads
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I've classed as didn't finish, as the audiobook version was only an hour long, so I'm guessing it wasn't the whole book. I did enjoy what I heard though :).
Vicky
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was OK, v much like his 1st. Not particulalry interesting but has its funny moments. Good pics of him tho!
Heather
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick entertaining read.
Loraine
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography, comedy
I didn't actually finish this one - I got a little bored after a while. There are a few funnies and I still like his radio show. Not as good as the first - think the novelty wore off.
Lyndsey-Jane
Jul 28, 2011
Clare Mcatear-Place
Feb 08, 2012
Dan Jennings
rated it did not like it
May 21, 2016

• My Life with Earth, Wind, & Fire
  • Memoirs Of A Fruitcake
  • Crash and Burn
  • Hitman: Forty Years Making Music, Topping the Charts, and Winning Grammys
  • Theater Geek: The Real Life Drama of a Summer at Stagedoor Manor, the Famous Performing Arts Camp
  • They Call Me Supermensch: A Backstage Pass to the Amazing Worlds of Film, Food, and Rock’n’Roll
  • Punk Rock Dad: No Rules, Just Real Life
  • Glow: The Autobiography of Rick James
  • The Making of Major League: A Juuuust a Bit Inside Look at the Classic Baseball Comedy
  • Harvey Pekar's Cleveland
  • J.R.: My Life as the Most Outspoken, Fearless, and Hard-Hitting Man in Hockey
  • Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon
  • From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars
  • The Last Headbangers: NFL Football in the Rowdy, Reckless '70s: the Era that Created Modern Sports
  • A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities (Quirky Essays for Quirky People, #2)
  • Once Upon a Farm: Lessons on Growing Love, Life, and Hope on a New Frontier