Start by marking “The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13)

The Witch With No Name

(The Hollows #13)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  19,682 ratings  ·  1,948 reviews
At long last... The final book in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series by Kim Harrison!

Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and fa
Published September 9th 2014 by Harper Voyager (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Witch With No Name, please sign up.
Amy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Timelord Iain (Eeyawn)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Ferdy
Spoilers

I'm so glad the series is finally over, the last few books have been dire and this one wasn't much better. I was hoping that some of the magic of earlier books would have been recaptured in this one… Sadly, that wasn't the case. There were very few things that I actually found entertaining, the only aspect I truly appreciated and enjoyed were certain, well written secondary characters, everything else was rubbish.

Random, repetitive, ranty thoughts:

-Summary: Rachel is forced to find a way
VampireNovelFan
GIVEAWAY! Autographed Copy of The Witch With No Name (Hollows, #13) by Kim Harrison (Giveaway)

Thanks for the memories! (Site Review)

description

New Hollows Day is probably as good as Christmas Day for many of us.  Not to mention this one has come much sooner than expected!  But if I'm being honest, this is probably my toughest review yet.  It's taken me so long to get it together because I just keep drawing a blank. Part of it is because this is the end of my favorite series ever.  But I have accepted th
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
3.75 to 4 Stars

DAMN....

This took me so long to read....

I LOVED AL in this book....

but I didn't like the ending....(cleaned up too quickly in the last chapter)

I'm still sad to see the crew go....

but it just didn't click for me like the others. :-(

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Well, this is it ...the last book in The Hollows series. (it makes me sad just saying that.) We get to find out what happens to Rachel, Trent, Ivy, Jenks and the rest of the gang and if we get that happy ever after we've all been wanting!

I was really surprised by this book. I went in thinking we were getting a wrap up book but it wasn't that at all. Rachel is going all out and I seriously think this book had more action than any of the others.

And it even had some emotional drama. Rachel drove
Sheyla ✎
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

photo Trentlastbook.jpg
 photo rachel5.jpg

It took me while to read the end of The Hollows series...I'm not sure why. Maybe because I didn't want it to end. After all, Jenks, Trent, Rachel have been characters I have read for years now.

In the end, I'm pretty happy with the end. I liked that Rachel is with Trent. She had some trouble processing his love for her. A couple of instances she wasn't sure what to do because she cared for Biz, Jenks and Ivy too.

I was super worried about how to keep Ivy alive without making Rachel her scion.
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
Well, that was disappointing. Obviously, I'm in the minority, but I didn't like this book. It's not that it wasn't written well. Of course it is, it's a Kim Harrison book. It had all the typical rich spelling imagery and magic and Jenks was his usual awesome self. The demons were of course the best part (as usual). In my view, they weren't in it enough and mainly only towards the end. Rachel's mom became a cliched Grateful Dead hippie type, only with a lot of money so she can dress better.

The w
Darth J
I first picked up this series in 2007. I was eagerly awaiting the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and searched Amazon to find something to tide me over (like many of you did: admit it). I somehow stumbled upon these books and the premise appealed to me as being a mix between Janet Evanovich and Anne Rice. It was my first foray into Urban Fantasy, but I devoured the first book and then binge bought the next 4 that were out at the time. I was hooked.

The characters have grown over t
Melody UpAllNightNovels.com
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kim-harrison
The ARC landed in my lap yesterday... I hadn't come up for air since. I have no words to describe it. Kim Harrison has been holding out on us more than we ever knew and I love her writing so much more for it, more than I ever thought possible. Ten years, has it really been? Since that first day I stumbled across that lonely copy of Dead Witch Walking on the shelves, and have been escaping into the Hollows ever since.

This book... I call it The World Breaker, fitting as it is both an ending to an
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 I can't believe it's over, stars!!

“I liked beginnings better than endings.”

photo endofbooks.png

Well ladies and gents, this is the end of an era for me. I've always loved the urban fantasy genre and this is one of my all time favorite series, in the genre and out of it.

I initially read this series at the urging of a coworker of mine (the same dude who made me read The Maze Runner and other awesome books). After reading the first book Dead Witch Walking I wasn't super impressed and I gave the book a 3/5 s
Armina
Buddy read with Gavin

"Because for all the changes, some things were immutable truths: friendship transcends all barriers, understanding trumps fear, and great power can always be surmounted by determination."

Yeah, baby! This was a perfect ending to the series. Full review later(probably after Easter).

March 20th, 2015

Starting this on Thursday or Friday at the latest after two hours. It's the final book in the series, guys! I is both sad and excite! ^_^
Can't wait to see how Kim has closed the
Veronica
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Apparently I never got around to writing an actual review for this final Hollows book when it was published. Or maybe GR ate it; I can't really remember. Anyway, this has been one of my all-time favorite UF series. It's been full of action, humor, romance, friendships, magic, some sorrow, and heart. This final book wasn't my favorite of the series - that honor shifts around between books 9, 11, and 12 - but it was still a solid ending to the Hollows era. The reason it won't rank among my favorit ...more
Yodamom
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was not why I expected. I really disliked 1/3 of the book. It read a lot like the Ivy and Rachel drama show, mixed with the insecure Rachel babbling. These moments have always irked me, Rachel's obsessive Ivy issues. Dang can't she just let her go ?!?!? That and the "I'm never going to fit, this can never work, I took everything, I ruin all" ......Blech ! This book was overrun with this craptastic stuff for at least 1/3 of the book. I will not even talk about Lucy's Birth Mon what's her face, ...more
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
OMG! I still can't believe this journey is over! Before reviewing this (and it's going to be a long long review full of Spoilers - can't have it any other way, my favorite series, I have to talk!!) allow me to say this:

THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, SHOCKING, WONDERFUL, EXCEPTIONAL adult paranormal series EVER! There is nothing out there like this. You can read about witches, elves, demons, vampires, fairies, pixies, banshees, werewolves and everything else. There isn't any other world m
Flowerscat
Apr 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
(view spoiler)
Suzanne
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a hot mess. The plot is really hard to identify, the scenes are choppy, and there are giant plot holes. It's like she just wanted to be done, and to heck with plausibility and continuity.
I realize that this is the end of a long and well-liked series, and as such, we have so many feels about it! But that shouldn't give it an auto-5-star pass, because it is NOT as well done as the others. Not by a long shot. No sir.
La Mala ✌
description

ACLARACIÓN: Aunque esta reseña tiene marcado 'spoilers' después de cada ítem, no suelo spoilear nada. Es decir, no escribo nada que arruine la trama principal. (En caso de hacerlo, lo advierto previamente con una nueva marca de spoiler!! O sea, te encajo un spoiler adentro del spoiler, porque estoy muy jugada, y soy re heavy y re jodida.)

¿De qué trata? Rachel Morgan y su equipo de fieles seguidores, se ve involucrado en el medio de una pelea política por la supremacía de una especie. Lo que e
Tabitha
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Things wrapping up but I still have lingering questions

The Witch with No Name draws to a close Kim Harrison’s long running fabulous urban fantasy series The Hollows, featuring witch Rachel Morgan. It’s been a long fun filled ride and I’m both sad and excited to see it end. But of course with any ending I seem to always have lingering unanswered questions. What those questions are might be different for each reader because I think we each definitely take some different away from every book we rea
Hyzenthlay
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Kim Harrison recently did an AMA, where she essentially admitted that Rachel ending up with Trent wasn't how she'd initially planned the series to go. I still firmly believe this was her caving to fan expectations/pressure.

#TeamAl4Lyfe

Anyway. I'm not going to get into spoilery shit, and if you didn't already know who Rachel ended up with, you probably haven't read the last few books and shouldn't be reading reviews of the final book in the series anyway.

This book was just okay. It wasn't great,
Charlie
Update 07/07/17

If it's possible, I adored this even more the second time around, it was just perfection.

My second read through of this series was a magical experience. I got to fall in love with the characters and the world all over again and the nostalgia just added to the experience.

I'd like to give a special mention to Al, Newt, Jenks and Trent. Four of my favourite characters of the whole series. Al in particular was stellar in this book. I really, truly love him, even when I hate him.

I'l
Gavin
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was the 13th and final book in The Hollows series and it did not disappoint. Everything I wanted to happen did so I'm quite pleased.

The story was pretty exciting with Rachel seeking a way to finally save the souls of the Vampires while also struggling with the eternal war between the Elves and the Demons.

All our old favorite characters were back for one last exciting outing and I was happy with the way things ended for most of them.

This was a great finale to a really fun series. I'm goin
Kira

Yup that about sums it up. Vampire drama was the focus of this story. The vampires are for the most part are selfish, heartless, and ruthless, so needing to save their souls wasn’t an endearing storyline. Going to Landon for help with the vamp soul issue was insane! It was so obvious he was going to use her and spin her problem to his advantage.

Aside from that I’ve always hated Ivy. She has been there for Rachel when she’s needed it, but she had no personality and seemed cold. Ivy and her girlf
Diane
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it
spoilers

I wish I could give this at least 4 stars, but I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes at Rachel.....

I enjoyed how well the vampire souls and elfin and demon curses all worked out. It makes me wonder is this ending was planned or if the characters disobeyed and went wild.

I hated Rachel. I accepted the fact that she was with Trent in the last book. I thought it was a done deal, but she immediately starts with the self doubting inner Monologs that she knows she can't keep him, he'd be bett
AH
Initial Thoughts: So sad to see this series come to an end. The Hollows series was my first foray into the world of urban fantasy and because of that series, I've discovered so many other wonderful authors. So thank you Kim Harrison for writing such a wonderful series. It was so nice to revisit my favorite characters and to see how much Rachel has grown and matured throughout the series. I'll miss you Rachel Morgan. And...I'll miss Al, Newt, Jenks, Trent, Ivy, Bis, and the rest of the gang.

Joint
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Update 2017:

Just done re-reading the whole series for probably the 4th time and I still love it. And yes, I'm still sad it's over but I do love how it ended and I keep re-reading it because this author grew with the characters and it shows in her writing. It's and utter joy to read it and enjoy such a well built world. I'm so glad I've found this series and I'm so glad dear Kim made 'a fist of it' :D
Thank you thank you thank you, this is one of the best comfort blankets ever created!

Peace,
A.
Carmen Wilson
Apr 14, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have read all the books in this series, I was a Kim Harrison fan way before she beome huge.I am excited for the last book. Yes it is sad but I am excited too, wanting to see how it wraps up. All things end at some point. I am looking forward to a new series.
Naoms
read the ending and stick with my rating. Not horrible, but not great either.

Originally posted on : Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

The Hollows was one of the first series I read when I first made the jump into urban fantasy. It’s a flag ship series for me and has literally everything I love about the genre. Shifters, vamps, witches and a slow burn romance books in the making. I have cried with Rachel, laughed with her, rejoiced with her and buried favorite characters with her. Knowing th
Mara
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, pnr
I had left this series at book 11, Ever After, feeling pretty satisfied by it. Good plot, good world-building, flawed-but-growing-up characters.

I don't really know what exactly went wrong with the last (two) book(s). The Hallows was a UF, this book is more a pnr-ya mix. Its focus was heavily hijacked by the so called romance, creating a great imbalance that rivals that of the new ever after. The heroine became a hot disparaging mess of hormones, stupidity, guilt and whine.
In the middle of Armag
Deea (Andreea)
There is no way for me to review this book without turning into a blubbering emotional sap. So I apologize in advance.

This was the first Urban Fantasy series I have EVER read and the ONLY one I followed through the years. Before being an avid reader, before discovering other long series and Paranormal Romance books, before goodreads, before blogging, before fb reading groups or fan pages etc. Before everything else, there was Rachel and her unusual witty, kickass team. Of course, I read other se
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
The Hollows has held a special place in my heart since I first started reading the series. I was enthralled by book one, Dead Witch Walking, with the second pulling me in even further. After that, each installment kept me hooked and reading, through ups and mild downs of the series, to where book six ended, making the journey even better. It’s unusual for a series to improve halfway through, but improve it did, and it was with a bittersweet emotion that I set down to read this very last book, Th ...more
Apo
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Über 10 Jahre hat mich diese Serie begleitet. Heute beende ich sie mit dem letzten Band. Ein bisschen traurig bin ich schon. Danke Kim, für viele Jahre Abenteuer mit Rachel, Ivy und Jenks <3
Vampires, Weres a...: The Witch With No Name 73 23 Sep 26, 2018 04:34AM
Fans of The Hollo...: What's with the chrysalis, anyway? 8 177 Jun 30, 2018 02:52PM
Urban Fantasy ser...: March SRA: THE WITCH WITH NO NAME by Kim Harrison 1 6 Mar 02, 2017 06:39AM
Fans of The Hollo...: Title and Final Chapter thoughts (SPOILERS) 20 210 Jun 07, 2016 11:52AM
Rachel's Soulmate *SPOILER Alert* 13 299 Jul 13, 2015 03:17PM
What to read next? 8 111 Apr 14, 2015 07:23AM
Who was Jasmine? 6 85 Feb 19, 2015 01:40PM
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7)
  • Kitty Saves the World (Kitty Norville, #14)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
Kim Harrison is best known as the author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, but she has written more than urban fantasy and has published over two-dozen books spanning the gamut from young adult, thriller, several anthologies, and has scripted two original graphic novels. She has also published traditional fantasy under the name Dawn Cook. Kim is currently working on a new Hollo ...more

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
“Because for all the changes, some things were immutable truths: friendship transcends all barriers, understanding trumps fear, and great power can always be surmounted by determination.” 25 likes
“I liked beginnings better than endings.” 14 likes