Start by marking “El paciente” as Want to Read:
El paciente

El paciente

El prestigioso neurocirujano David Evans se enfrenta a una terrible encrucijada: si su próximo paciente sale vivo de la mesa de operaciones, su pequeña hija Julia morirá a manos de un psicópata. Para el Dr. Evans se inicia una desesperada cuenta atrás cuando descubre que el paciente que debe morir para que su hija viva no es otro que el presidente de Estados Unidos.
Con su
Published January 16th 2014 by Ediciones B (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about El paciente, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Gonzalo Chocca
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alicia Muñoz No, yo también lo pensé. No se cual es la razón por la que el escritor no ahonda un poco más en las razones y en dar un poco más de sentido a algunas …moreNo, yo también lo pensé. No se cual es la razón por la que el escritor no ahonda un poco más en las razones y en dar un poco más de sentido a algunas historias. En cambio creo que el enamoramiento y la historia del beso de la cuñada y el doc no pinta mucho. (less)

Start your review of El paciente
Jovana
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dobra.
Martin Roberts
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I happen to be the translator of this book, and as such can only be pleased at the high ratings it has garnered thus far, because it suggests readers have enjoyed reading the book as much as I did translating it. Well, when I say enjoy, I mean apart from triple-locking my door at night for fear of Mr White.
Translating any complex, fast-paced book is a challenge, but the high quality of the raw material in this case helped me enormously, as did the fact that I once lived in Washington, DC.
Here's
Denisse
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Although it is page turner as only a good thriller can be, it waste more time than needed in the past of our characters and there were some completely unnecessary subplots. But it ends in a high note and the audiobook was great too.

"La vida mancha, la familia pesa."

Para ser una trama que inicia diciendo que faltan 76 horas para la operación y por lo tanto el final, el autor no te da un sentimiento de desesperación o ansiedad como me hubiera gustado. Fue la razón principal por la que no disf
Raven
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Closely following in the footsteps of the ‘race-against-time’ thrillers of Linwood Barclay and Harlan Coben comes The Tipping Point, originally published in Spanish as ‘El Paciente’. You know the score- kidnapped child whose fate rests on the actions of distressed parent and so on, and to be honest my tipping point, “every human being has a boundary between the comfort zone of their hopes and fears, and the quicksand of their wishes and needs,” arrived quite early on, despite an intriguing enoug ...more
Marija Simić
Book by @JuanGomezJurado - good story, interesting characters. Kept my attention until last word on last page. 3,5 / 5 stars
Margarita Gautier
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
¡Genial!
Tabea Vanessa
It definitely wasn’t bad. It just didn’t leave a lasting impression on me. So 3,5 stars. It entertained me while I was listening and I didn’t hate it.
Anne Wright
The Tipping Point by JG Jurado

I loved this book 5 out of 5 stars from me

You arrive home to find the house empty. After rushing to your in laws and not finding her you receive a text telling you to 'Go Home'.

When you get home you find the Nanny but not your daughter and another text telling you 'No Cops'

Your instructed to go to a meeting at a local diner and when you get there you find 'Mr White' he tells you he has you under complete surveillance and his complete control. He wants you to do some
Gloria
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Thanks to Goodreads – Giveaways and Orion books for a copy ‘The Tipping Point’.

Top Neurologist Dr David Evans is scheduled to operate a VIP. A psychopath kidnaps his seven year old daughter and will kill her if the VIP survives the operation.

The story starts with David telling his story to the reader whilst he is on ‘Death Row’.
An excellent thriller, well written and equally well translated. There are many ‘twists and turns’, action-packed and keeps the reader ‘on the edge’ throughout. It is exc
Erin
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
What did I just read?

An extra .5 star because I had to finish the story just to see how the author was going to pull all the threads together. So, a fast-moving thriller with twists and turns. Unfortunately, it read like a summer blockbuster movie: lots of action but pretty shallow. Probably perfect for those looking for an adrenaline-fueled vacation read. Just not my cup of tea right now.
Clarisa Doval
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page-turner. Very good.
Marc Vivas
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great booknfrom this author that kept me thrilled all the time
Cláudia Correia
Mar 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3,5 stars.
Elite Group
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Surgeon’s Impossible Dilemma, 11 Aug. 2015
Dr David Evans is a celebrated surgeon at the peak of his career, but he hasn’t come to terms with the death of his wife, Rachel, from a brain tumour from which he was unable to save her. He has a seven year-old daughter Julia, who alone gives him the strength to get up in the morning. Then he returns home one evening to find Julia has disappeared, and the nanny is missing.

His first thought is that his father-in-law has been heavy handed and has taken
Elien
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! This is the first time I've read a full-length novel in Spanish (not including books for class), my third language, and I'll certainly do it again.

This story was thrilling from the beginning, with enough backstory for the characters, an exciting plot and enough twists to keep you from fully predicting the end.
Richard Burke
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit I had reservations when I started this book. Mr Gomez-Jurado is Spanish and so much depends upon the skill of the translator. I needn't have worried.

This book is how a thriller should be written: mystery, suspense and a fast moving plot. I will definitely be reading more by this author.
Jeanette
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. This is a proper page turner - the book starts off with an iris tub.e glimpse into what will follow, and all the way through it keeps your interest. Best boom I'd bread in a while. Look forward to more from this author ...more
Ana
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was a real refreshment. It wasn't a "classic" thriller in my opinion and even though it had some pretty improbable parts I literally swallowed every singe page. I just couldn't put it down.
Margaret
Enjoyed this thriller with lots of twists and turns which could possibly lead to a second book ?
John
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good suspense novel. Definitely not a one sitting read. Interesting concept.
Kenya
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read from the beginning to the end. Fast paced, never a dull moment.
Barbara Poh
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
For my first real complete Spanish book, I really liked it... until the ending. It´s a little depressing. Probably realistic, but still...
Strider
Nov 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In a way he respected most of the genre rules, ok, but altogether that is all pointless.
He was better in historical novels.
Charlie Miksicek
Outstanding. If you love thrillers you will love this book. If you haven't discovered J G Jurado (Juan Gomez Jurado), check him out. Dan Brown you've got some competition. ...more
Mauricio Arroyave
Mar 19, 2021 rated it liked it
You can feel this is one of the first novels of the author, because has interesting elements, is not as engaging as Reina Roja. The characters and the story are insteresting bug a lot of thing are not very credible when they happen.

Is interesting how the villain, for the Reina Roja Saga is presented first, so if you read those books first, is going to be a surprise how young and maybe sloppy he can be.

Is good thriller, but the author has better books.
Lima
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is clearly intended from the author that he wants to produce a movie with this story. I won´t say much because I could spoil the story but I recommend it if you love thriller stories and wants a quick fun for a few days.
Jordi Salazar
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entretenido y agradable best-seller
Carla
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. Something fast to read.
Yana Huygens
Good book, weird ending. You don't really know what's up in the end. Bit dissapointing. ...more
Aanta_03
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
one word. fucking awesome.
Entrevista 1 23 Feb 12, 2014 04:22AM

• La nena (Elena Blanco, #3)
  • La Red Púrpura (Elena Blanco, #2)
  • Aquitania
  • La novia gitana (Elena Blanco, #1)
  • La puerta
  • El mentiroso
  • La suerte del enano
  • La chica de nieve
  • Tierra
  • Progenie (Inspectora Camino Vargas, #1)
  • La hora de las gaviotas (Ane Cestero, #2)
  • Los privilegios del ángel
  • El buen padre
  • El desorden que dejas
  • La cara norte del corazón
  • El bosque de los cuatro vientos
  • El día que se perdió el amor
  • Los ritos del agua (La trilogía de La ciudad blanca #2)
Juan Gómez-Jurado (December 1977 Madrid, Spain) is an award winning journalist and bestselling author. He is one of the three most successful contemporary Spanish authors along with New York Times bestselling authors Javier Sierra and Carlos Ruiz Zafón. In 2016, Juan celebrated the mark of 6 million readers worldwide.

Juan is the author of nine international bestselling novels: GOD’S SPY, THE MOSES