Start by marking “The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)

The Last Town

(Wayward Pines #3)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  42,517 ratings  ·  3,114 reviews
Welcome to Wayward Pines, the last town.

Secret Service agent Ethan Burke arrived in Wayward Pines, Idaho, three weeks ago. In this town, people are told who to marry, where to live, where to work. Their children are taught that David Pilcher, the towns creator, is god. No one is allowed to leave; even asking questions can get you killed.

But Ethan has discovered the
Published July 15th 2014 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about The Last Town, please sign up.
Meriska Mutiara Logically and scientifically speaking, it's impossible for human (or any living creatures) to evolve that drastically in only 2000 years. But it's…moreLogically and scientifically speaking, it's impossible for human (or any living creatures) to evolve that drastically in only 2000 years. But it's only a work of fiction, just enjoy it :)(less)
Martha Good question. In my imagination, those first key people woke up inside their chamber, filling with fresh oxygen, and listening to a recorded message…moreGood question. In my imagination, those first key people woke up inside their chamber, filling with fresh oxygen, and listening to a recorded message telling them who they were and what to do next.(less)

·  42,517 ratings  ·  3,114 reviews

Start your review of The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
Jeffrey Keeten
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-to-film
What else could I have possibly done for you people? I gave you food. I gave you shelter. I gave you purpose. I protected you from the knowledge you couldnt handle. From the harsh truth of the world that exists beyond the fence. And each of you had to do one thing.

One!

Goddamn!

Thing!

He shrieked the words.

Obey me.

David Pilcher is suffering from a god complex. Not as difficult to understand as it has been for other figures throughout history, especially since humanity only exists at this
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2015
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein said that. We should all savor this moment.

And that's exactly what this series is like. You don't want to go into them knowing much but after you read them you want to talk about them..but you can't. Don't spoil them for people. Let them experience the WTFery all on their own.

Nothing that could be explained or described, because you didn't just hear it.
You felt it's meaning.
And it's meaning was this: Hell is
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I can't review this without making a parallel with the TV Show. This book took 2 months to arrive and I had to finish the show... Which is nowhere near as good as the books.

The ending was much better than expected! I do think 3 books was a bit of stretch but I would recommend the series anyway!
Dan Schwent
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
When Ethan Burke reveals the truth about Wayward Pines, the ensuing chaos is nothing compared to the hell unleashed when David Pilcher throws open the gates...

I got this from Netgalley.

The Wayward Pines trilogy draws to a close with The Last Town. How does it stack up?

Well, while the books all feature the same characters and share the same setting, they aren't really the same type of books. Pines is a paranoid tale of a man trying to unravel the truth. Wayward is a tale of a man struggling with
Mort
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I enjoyed the hell out of this trilogy!

WARNING: This review will contain spoilers of the first two books in the WAYWARD PINES trilogy - read PINES and WAYWARD first.

So, we find ourselves nearly two thousand years in the future, in the last town on earth. Book two ended with a cliffhanger - the electricity to the fence was cut and the gate opened, with a swarm of abbies fast approaching town.

You only know there will be carnage and you don't know if anybody will actually survive.

Well, the
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.33 stars. (Yeah, Im a little torn about this one.) Full review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Blake Crouch wraps up the WAYWARD PINES trilogy here in The Last Town. If you havent read the prior two books, Pines and Wayward, be warned that here there be spoilers, as well as monsters and a bloodbath.

David Pilcher was a visionary man, convinced that the town of Wayward Pines, Idaho would be a new Eden, a place where people could start over again. The sign outside of town even proclaims
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2015
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Hell is coming to you . . .

The Wayward Pines series has been brought to you by . . .

Houston commercial photography

If you havent yet started these books, DO NOT READ THE SYNOPSIS FOR THIS ONE. All of the fun is in the not knowing and I think its stupid that just because its Book #3 the publishers/blurbists/whoever makes these choices decide to spoil their own shit.

That being said, I aint gonna spoil nada. Heres what Ill tell you about The Last Town. This is
Kortessa Giachanatzi
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just finished the last book of the series!!! God!!!! This can't be the end! I loved this series so much! There must be more of it!! We must learn what happens next!

I liked everything about the last book of the Pines series. First of all the way of narration which wad very different than the other two books. Againn there is the third person narration, but it is given through the viewpoints of many different people. Also there are some allusions to the past which helps us understand some things
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

How many series made you want to read each book back to back? How often are you willing to accept the flaws as they are and still treasure the story you read? In my reading experience, it's a rarity.

WARNING : I won't spoil the series for you, but DO NOT read the blurb of this third book, otherwise you'd find unsolicited information. You don't want to do that, trust me.

When you read a book, you need a ending that :
A. wraps everything up
B. lets some loose ends
C. I don't know, I don't care
Edward Lorn
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
First thing's first: I have no clue how they're going to make this a television series with a shelf life longer than three seasons. Hell, two seasons are going to be pushing it. Three books were perfect, but you could probably fit all of the novels into two seasons.

Now to discuss this final book. It was awesome. One helluva thrill ride with an ending I didn't see coming. You'll probably see the ending coming a mile away, but I was so engrossed with the tale that I couldn't picture the outcome I
Jason Brant
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A year ago, I'd never heard of Blake Crouch.

Now, he's one of my favorite authors. His pace and economy of words make for a style that really hits home with me. The action scenes in his books are amplified by his short, staccato sentences and paragraphs, keeping you glued to the pages (or your Kindle). There's no fluff, no fat, that needs trimmed. It's a style that I wish more authors had.

I hold The Wayward Pines Series up with Wool and other mind-blowing sagas of the past few years. Ethan Burke
RedemptionDenied
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, 2016, trilogy, ebook
You've got to be shitting me? No Fucking Way. It cannot end like that. Goddammit. No. This trilogy had better turn into a quadrillogy or something. It just can't end the way it did. Not for the sake of my sanity, anyway. From the very first chapter it's kept me captivated, right up to the very end. Then I make the mistake of reading the last nine words of the epilogue on the following page. Bad idea.

Okay...rant over. I think.

This has been an amazing journey from the very start - and I'm going
Athena Shardbearer
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wayward Pines, you have stolen my sanity and I want more!!!!

How is it that I finished this trilogy and STILL want more of this craziness? How is it that this book scares the shit out of me, but yet, I want to live in Wayward Pines. I was not expecting to get what I did from these books. Now, book two was slower that one and three, but worth the time. It answered a lot of questions, but book 3...HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Its like I boarded a roller coaster of horror and it didn't stop till the end of
Ɗẳɳ  2.☊
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
The following review is sponsored by
N.E.R.D. Time for Some Action

Book 3, or when all hell breaks loose! Strap in because the rides about to get bumpy and we got a few things to discuss. Now forget about those page-turners youve read in the past, this ones more like a page-burner! Id advise you to fuel up because the action comes fast and furious, with no discernible letup in sight. There wont even be much time for you to pause and catch your breath, until around the 60% mark.

Wow, that was
Mario
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish we lived in a world where actions were measured by the intentions behind them. But the truth is, theyre measured by their consequences.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,.... NO! This can't possibly end here. There has to be a book four. THERE HAS TO BE A BOOK 4, RIGHT?!
Well, according to Mr. Crouch, this will stay a trilogy. But the man can change his mind, right? RIGHT?!

This series, this freaking series, is one of the best things I've ever read, and I'm sure it will stay my favorite for
Sh3lly
Heh. Well, it didn't suck.

This finale ended up kind of reminding me of a more adult, violent version of More Than This.

I don't know what I expected, but there was something missing. (view spoiler)
Anthony
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Damn you, Mr. Crouch! You sucked me in with Pines, kept me intrigued with Wayward, and then slapped me in the face with The Last Town
Dont get me wrong. I didnt hate the book. I actually thought it was okay. And on its own it probably deserves a 3-star rating. The reason it gets a 2, however, is because of its potential. This book should have been awesome. It should have been a kick-ass finale to the Wayward Pines trilogy, but it wasnt. Mr. Crouch could have ended the saga with a bang and instead
Kaora
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I've ever finished a trilogy and been so upset that it wasn't a tetralogy.

Blake Crouch has kept me hooked through this entire series, with some great characters and non-stop action. I easily plowed through all 3 books in a few days.

The Last Town is a good ending to a terrific series. I say only good because I was a little upset with how many threads were left hanging. A few loose ends are fine but the sheer number that were left unresolved made me a little frustrated.

I would still
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Epic.

Unforgettable.

Gripping.

Intense.

INSANE.

I will come back and read this someday...and it won't be soon enough.

GAHD I loved this. I wish I could un-read this series so I could go through the epicness again....Thanks, Dark Pup. For real.

photo 200_s 6_zpsti0rlewc.gif

Ethan!!!!! I'll miss you, ya surly little shit. Until we meet again.

For more of my reviews, please visit:
descriptive text here

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
I found this book a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

Although this one, after the events of the previous two, was much more action oriented (which is not necessary a good thing for me) I enjoyed it and I am glad I read the whole trilogy. The very end was kinda unexpected and I was hoping for that!
Elizabeth Sagan
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh. The first two books were amazing, but this one was just ok. Nice ending, but I was kinda expecting it.
Shandra
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review:

Actual rating: 4 I'm-So-Conflicted stars. No story spoilers.

Raging photo: Raging Mad dwightangry_zps65712042.gif

That ending...

Raging photo: Gollum raging tumblr_m55p4wuZP51qf1aoao1_500.gif

REALLY BLAKE CROUCH?!?! REEEEEEALLY?!?!?!

Deep breath photo: Deep breath. tumblr_mj5nxxKONB1rfduvxo1_250_zpsc48f75f6.gif

*deep breaths*

Soooo...the ending effing pissed me off. It would be bad enough if this wasn't the last book in the series, but with it being the conclusion, that cliffy is a million times worse!!!!!

*deep breaths*

I refuse to allow the ending to ruin the series in its entirety. This was a very well written series, with a very well executed idea! I felt like the concept
Matt
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hell hath no fury like a god-complex imbued man scorned. Crouch lays this theme out at the beginning of the final Wayward Pines novel and forges ahead with the massive struggles left for the world's only human inhabitants. After Sheriff Burke revealed the truth about Wayward Pines and its 'creator', David Pilcher, to the entire town, things took a dramatic turn and people starting thinking independently once again. Pilcher, feeling that all he'd created was no longer under his sole control, ...more
⋆  yel  ⋆
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, 2020-reads
4 of 5 stars

-----

I rarely pick up post apocalyptic books. I think it's because I was intimidated by the genre. Maybe, I still am. But it's quite shocking that I've come to enjoy reading this whole trilogy. In my opinion, this conclusion novel is my favorite among the three. I realized that the more I discover things about these books, the more I got committed to the story. It gets better and better with each book. I was glad for the character development, though I am still not into their
Adah Udechukwu
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Last Town was action packed from start to finish. It was a befitting end to the series.
Paul
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
first off Wow!

I remember reading The Pines and thinking it would be a hard novel to top, then after finishing wayward I remember thinking OK Blake Crouch you followed the first book up with another very good entry in the trilogy. Morgannah suggested we buddy read this one to stay ahead of the TV adaptation and I say bravo, excellent choice. this book did not literally blow my mind, but it "literally" blew my mind!

This final volume was so action packed, and exciting; yet it had some quiet moments
Morgannah
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I did NOT see that ending coming.

It is difficult to write a review of this book without spoiling events that happened in the first two.

Crouch starts the third and final book in the Wayward Pines trilogy at a frantic pace. The pace was dramatically intense almost to the detriment of the story, almost. Usually books that are pegged to be thrillers are a slow burn climbing to an action packed and secret revealing climax at the end. This book's structure was the opposite.
We start off with
Susanne Bradley
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I found myself disappointed with how little happened in this book. The first two books in this series were very light reads, but this one seemed almost ridiculously light -- I read it in a single two-hour sitting, and I felt like not much could have taken place in a story that short.

This book is also VERY heavy-handed with the God/creation myth allegory. There were a few times where a character would be referencing God, Satan and/or the angels where I just had to groan. The author just seemed to
Matthew
A satisfying conclusion. A good series. Maybe cheesy and hard to believe at points, but easy to read and enjoyable. I could see there being even more of this story line in the future if Crouch wants to - he has a lot of time to play with!

I have heard people complain about the simplicity of the writing. Also, there was a lot of coincidence that kept the plot moving. But, neither of these things bothered me too much.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Amazon daily deal 2/22/20 $1.99

Buddy Read 11Sept19

description

We are at the end of this crazy ride and it was CrAzY.

The last book in the series is a run for your life kind of free for all and all bets are off. Because of that it lost a little of the magic of the first two books. There isn't that OMG-my-jaw-just-hit-the floor-what-the-heck-is-going-on. Because, mostly you know what is happening now it is just time to deal with what that means.

There were still a few eye openers to be dolled out

• Randomize
  • Emergency Skin
  • Dark Pines (Wayward Pines #0.5)
  • The Last Conversation (Forward collection)
  • Ark
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • The Institute
  • Stirred (Jack Daniels Mystery, #8)
  • Genesis Collection (Wayward Pines; Genesis Series #1-3)
  • Terminus (Threshold, #4)
  • Last Betrayal (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #2)
  • Sanctuary (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #3)
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1)
  • Winter World (The Long Winter, #1)
  • First Contact (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #1)
  • The Test
  • Limited Wish (Impossible Times, #2)
  • The Gone World
Blake Crouch is a bestselling novelist and screenwriter. He is the author of the forthcoming novel, Dark Matter, for which he is writing the screenplay for Sony Pictures. His international-bestselling Wayward Pines trilogy was adapted into a television series for FOX, executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan, that was Summer 2015s #1 show. With Chad Hodge, Crouch also created Good Behavior, the ...more

Wayward Pines (3 books)
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines #2)