Start by marking “Raw (RAW Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raw (RAW Family, #1)

Raw

(RAW Family #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  34,833 ratings  ·  5,456 reviews

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My
Published January 13th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Raw, please sign up.
Dana I love this book! It was intense and amazing. The ending left us desperate and hopeful for more. Please please please write a second book!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
♥DazeKat♥ The second book apparently is about two different people, named Alejandra Gambino and Julius Carter. It hasn't been released yet, and the publishing…moreThe second book apparently is about two different people, named Alejandra Gambino and Julius Carter. It hasn't been released yet, and the publishing date has already passed and has not been updated, so I recommend you don't get your hopes up for a continuation of this story. Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
But... In the series, there's also another book, that is not published as well, titled Raw: Rebirth (The to-be 3rd book of the series) which may imply to a continuation. But take my advice: Don't get your hopes up. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...(less)

·  34,833 ratings  ·  5,456 reviews

Emily May
Mar 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2014
I think I saw this story on an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

"Just as I’m about to give up, I see him. He watches me from under the hood of his jacket, reclining on a café chair. I know I should report this. He’s everywhere. And I mean everywhere. It almost seems like he knows where I’m going to be before I know."

I swear I wasn't going to review this book. I'm actually reading a bunch of "dark" romance/erotica books as part of a project with my college book society - we're
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars

Being honest sucks donkey balls. Okay I'm going to cut the sweet talk and just list what I didn't like.

Numero Uno: Writing style

There are some books that have the perfect plot, amazing characters, and dynamic chemistry, but I still don’t like. Why? If I can’t even read the book because of the way it’s styled, then I just can’t read the book. It’s not that the author’s style was bad, no. It’s just for me I can’t stand all the fuckin’, darlin’, and other words missing the “g” key, along wit
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
DNF @ 15%

Okay, sooooooo...

...this is awkward.

description

But I'm gonna go ahead and just call this one here.

Because otherwise, I would be ripping this thing to shreds.

description

And as highly entertaining as that has the potential to be...the only reason I would be finishing this would be so I could rate it and rip it to shreds.

description

Which would make me an asshole.

And mean. Verra mean.

And while I am aware that my profile name contains the word "bitchy," because TRUTH, there is a huge difference between being bitchy an
Christy
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 RAW stars!

Raw photo 4727de06-b4ff-4134-b8a6-0f66ae8bb393_zps7fc5eb33.jpg

After reading Raw, thought to myself... ‘Is this really the same author that wrote The Friend-Zoned series?’ Wow! Talk about diverse writing styles! Although it did have a touch of humor, this book was much more dark than her previous works. And I loved it! I wouldn’t call it a dark and disturbing read, although it did have its moments... the words that come to mind when I think of this book are: intense, erotic, suspenseful, gritty and, well, RAW. It's not a happy love story. But h
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
OMG....that ending.....I'm blinking back tears and pissed off at the same time!! I don't see a #2 in Belle's shelves.....Gotta have a #2......Gotta digest this.

I can't write a review of this book...for the past hour I have sat staring at my Word Doc ---- typing....deleting....typing.....deleting. My review will not be able to do this book justice.

I can't put into words what I felt about this book - because it keeps coming out as a jumble of thoughts which make no sense.

I just want to make clear
Alexis *Reality Bites*
4 STARS out of 5
(spoilers are hidden and close to end of review)

photo SHOCKER1_zps284d25ee.gif

Review

DAMN THAT ENDING TO ALLLLLL HELL. WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYY?

‘Some things in life are so sad that there are no words to describe the amount of sadness, grief, and sorrow a person is feeling. I assume this is why God allowed humans the simple act of crying. When a person cries, they feel the sadness slowly ease out of them. They feel as though they are justifiably respecting a person that has died through showing their grief. They a
Clumsy Storyteller

Despite all the craziness , confusion , creepy stuff and shocking and heartbreaking ending, Knowing how this book was going to end did not stop me from shedding tears. I really did enjoy reading Raw.

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Halime Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
"This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone bad."

WARNING: This book is non-traditional M/F ROMANCE with a non-traditional ending. If you're under age 18, please think twice and then you read this book.

This is a dark/hard/broken/love story and it was really, really good. You should give a chance this story and trust me you won’t be regret of it… ;)

---------------------

Before I start to read this book my lovely friend Halime already gave me a little tip about this book how will it end
Sammy Loves Books
*****Spoiler Alert*****Spoiler Alert******Spoiler Alert*****
"Monsters don't always lurk in the shadows"…"Sometimes they hide in plain sight"

twitch

Lexi has a stalker named Twitch. And she kinda likes it. One night she is viciously attacked outside her apartment, and her stalker becomes her savior. Then her savior becomes her lover.
God. This guy has me so hot and bothered I actually feel tipsy.

I was all wrapped up in the story until learning Twitch was a brooding millionaire. That liked rough sex. I
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 Consuming Stars!!!

Raw and gritty, and dirty as hell.

Before I carry on let me get this off my chest.

Raw is not a dark read, it's exactly what the author says:

Okay, I'm done!

What a riveting and entertaining story! I really enjoyed this reading Raw, Twitch and Lexi were hilarious and infuriating at times, but I had to know their story and where it would go!

She's a social worker who has a soft spot for kids who've be
Patrycja

Title: Raw
Series: Standalone
Author: Belle Aurora
Release Date: January 3rd, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Sweet, heartwarming and hilarious Belle Aurora is officially gone and I’m not sure if I mourned her for a single second. As much as I adored her previous novels, this time she not only astounded me but also showed me how talented she truly is. In Raw she not only challenged herself, completely changing her usual style of writing from easygoing,
~IreneOust~

2.5 "IF ONLY" stars

Sorry, folks ...

photo notmyjam_zpsc3c4cd9f.gif

I originally DNF @ 65% then managed to get to 72% and after a lot of

photo ryanrollingeyes_zpsa2a4fe5a.gif

I started skimming. Then I simply gave up and skipped to the last few paragraphs of the last chapter and then skimmed through an epilogue.

photo give-a-fuck-o-meter_zps782061fd.gif

IMO, this is a perfect "IF ONLY" book ...

IF ONLY Twitch's characater appeared in a different book ...

IF ONLY Lexi didn't have an IQ of a rubber band ...

IF ONLY this book wasn't written in first person ...

IF ONLY it wasn't that obvious that Twitch (view spo
Amber Rose
5 Twitch stole my heart stars

Spoiler free

photo unnamed_zps167d69f1.jpg

I feel like someone came and kicked me in my chest as hard as they could and leaving me there to care for myself. Honestly that is how I feel right now. It is so hard to come to terms with what I just read and type it down.

All I know is that this is my first 5 star book I have read in 2014. I couldn't have asked for more of a perfect book, I couldn't. There is nothing I would have changed. Maybe something but when I think about it I am sad and hap
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Fan-freaking-tastic! I was shaking at that ending! After calming myself for 12 hours to decompress, here we go...
 photo tumblr_mepwx8xCUn1rybq9m_zps00582171.gif

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Do you like a book that's a little dirty? Ya know, where it's not all hearts and flowers, the sex isn't missionary with soothing music by Sinatra? Where the hero is really an anti-hero who starts out on a mission of revenge and ends up falling for his victim? Yes? Well, then Raw is the book for you!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After reading Willing Captive by Belle Aurora, I knew I had to read this. Her writin
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
DNF at 50% ..

I don't know if I got the April Fools addition or just a bad case of PMSing but this book was NOT an entertaining read for me. I was excited to start RAW after seeing rave review after rave review on my feed for weeks . In fact, this nosey bitch did not open a single spoiler because I couldn't wait to cry and have an emotional breakdown of my very own....yeah, I'm weird like that. Unfortunately the only thing I felt was ABSOLUTE annoyance thanks to Lexi's absurd behavior, and you c
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 RAW Stars

”After all, the good girl always wants the bad boy. Doesn’t she?”

description

Well that was entertaining!

I have to say that although there were several plot holes and Twitch’s reasons for stalking and wanting to destroy Lexi were just flat out odd and my reaction was quite frankly this A LOT of the story…

description

I still found this to be a very hot, fast paced read!

The story is told in alternate pov which I love and although both characters behavior was cuckoo to me. Truthfully, this stranger was HOT
Zakirrah BookBlogger
5 TWISTED, DAMAGED, ADDICTIVE STARS!!

This is how it began..

JUST DROPPED EVERYTHING..hellooo book *strokes phone* I have been waiting a long time for you (weird evil accent is being used) *kissy faces*

This is how it ended..

YOU BROKE ME BELLE! I kind of hate you right now but I still love ya!
when I saw ***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.*** my brain was like hah! its lies don't believe it, things always work out in Belle's books.right? RIGHT? ..oh hell no
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
“Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero, The world needs villains too.”.

Did this book seriously end that way?

LIKE SERIOUSLY?!????

SO NOT COOL AUTHOR. LIKE OMFG; WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW FURIOUS I AM AT THE MOMENT.

I hope their story continues. So many things were left unexplained. It feels unfinished. Like we still have business to settle.

I am so furious, I am actually sobbing because of how ANGRY I am feeling, more than angry, I feel betrayed. I know I am a hypocrite, wanting authors to have a
T.M. Frazier
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all when I got the message from Belle Aurora about the ARC I flipped my shit because I LOVED Willing Captive. But then there was this list attached to it of all the deplorable things I had to do to get the ARC and well…I did THEM ALL! Just kidding, just numbers one through six, and a little bit of number 12 for good measure. hehe.

Secondly I want to say BRA-fucking-VO to Belle Aurora because this book is NOT a romance and she doesn't pretend that it's one either. It's a love story, just
Ana O
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hell-to-the-no
So I scrolled down a popular goodreads list - Male Characters You Would Run From If They Tried To Date You.

Guess who just made it on Santa's naughty list? Christian Grey's long lost tattooed/pierced twin brother.

Girl, you need to run away from that fool. Buy a can of pepper spray. Also, birth control is your friend.

The 'hero?' Total whack job. Violent. Abusive. He makes Pablo Escobar look like an angel.

The funniest line in this novel:

I’m damn good at my job.

NO YOU'RE NOT.

Lexi is suppose
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
My first thoughts when I finished this were:

photo hA4A8B65C_zps4ff24fe8.jpg

then I wondered how the eff am I going to review this.....Did I like it? Did I hate it? Do I like the characters? Do I loathe them? Am I happy with the way it ended? Is this book just completely weird?

photo tumblr_mxvrfb1cKz1rxi9lno1_500_zpse42fa82f.gif

Twitch is some kind of effed up...I mean CRAZY.....

crazy2 photo tumblr_m965zarDfQ1rvcjd7o7_250_zps99b9778c.gif

and he has a little bit of an anger problem.

angry photo tumblr_lx395l57jG1r8058ko1_500_zps7e245e99.gif

Alexa must be crazy too since she's not creeped out by him being her sta
Stacia (the 2010 club)
2.5 stars. I'm going soft. I can't believe I'm about to give a middling rating strictly based on some sort of connective emotion for a book which my brain is screaming at me to hate.

Honestly, I can't figure it out. The writing was sloppy in places, so many generic terms and nicknames were used, and we even had a TSTL heroine. Any one of these things alone can cause me to 1 star a book, and this time it was as if the "Stacia hates it" trifecta was out in full force.

Yet, here I am, not hating the
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is REALLY messed up.

This book really messed ME up.

Raw was nowhere near my cup of tea but god was it intriguing. There was some fucked up shit going on but there was just something about this book that kept me going until the end.

I didn't condone about 99 percent of the things that were done and happened in this book, and to be honest I'm not even sure if I LIKED this book but this was one hell of a train wreck. And I love a train wreck. XD

And that EPILOGUE...
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 02.11.2016
I think I liked this book more the second time around...yeah, I really think I did. Twitch still does something to my obvious sick heart and while Alexa still annoys me at time, I don't mind her so much because Twitch makes up for it. The story is still sick, devastation, sexy and raw. And wild, even the second time around reading it. I'm also very sure I'll re-read this yet again in the future. Though after hearing a bit about book #2 in this series, I'm not feeling it to c
Lise *friends don't flag*
4.5 Hot Hooded stars...

description

“There’s something about Twitch. He’s just…raw. Everything about him is raw. And gritty. And unbound. He’s a raging fire. And I’m a fragile moth fluttering into the flame. Sooner or later, I’m going to get burned. I know this. Will I even survive the heat? How can I trust this man after everything we’ve been through in such a short time?”

Well get me on the Belle bandwagon, this is the first book I have read by this author and I LOVED IT!

This was a nonstop addictive read. O
Liz
"I’m so ashamed of myself for wanting this. His brand of sex comes with a warning label. That should make me want to run in the opposite direction.-Lexi"

description

Raw is one sexy and dirty read! We have a sweet heroine who has overcome a challenging childhood. Lexi has devoted her life to helping others. As a case worker, she hands out love and strength like air. She has good friends and a good life. She also has a stalker.

Twitch is hard, plays things dirty, and lives life on the wild side. He too has suf
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Twitchy--Stars!!!

"There's something about Twitch.
He's just....raw.
Everything about him is raw. And gritty. And unbound.
He's a raging fire. And I'm a fragile moth fluttering into the flame. Sooner or later, I'm going to get burned. I know this."

Well call me crazy but I liked this one.....a lot. I'm a Belle Aurora fan--I've read all of her books. There's just something quirky and different about her writing and her stories. That's what Raw was for me--quirky and different....much like Willing
Mo
Not going to rate it as I did not finish and read enough spoilers from reviews that I am glad I did not finish. On another day, it might have worked for me but not this time.
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
My emotions during this book:

Either I was

or

then again

or

and

and in the end I was like

What should I say about this book?
After reading the blurb and some mixed reviews
I thought I would never come out there alive.

But I have to say I really enjoyed this book in all it's dirty and raw ways.
It was emotional, confusing and very intense.
But what I liked the most is how Belle Aurora remained true to herself and managed
to create very funny conversations and inner dialogues in this tragic story.
And th
CC

description

Twitch was born into an abusive family without any hope until one night when someone helped him when he most needed it. Unfortunately, for Twitch his perception changed quickly when his path took him to the streets. Not one to give up, Twitch learned how to survive and created his own empire. Living his life without apology, an old obsession rears its ugly head forcing Twitch to face his addiction.

“Don’t feel sorry for me. And don’t assume you know me. You don’t know shit about me.”

Alexa “L

• Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • Debt
  • Night Owl (Night Owl, #1)
  • Monster (Monster, #1)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Plausibility
  • Burn (Blood & Roses, #3)
  • Burn (Ignite, #2)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Angels in Leather (Rebels on Bikes, #1)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
Belle Aurora is thirty-something year old and was born in the land down under.
At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.
Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and laughte

RAW Family (3 books)
  • Dirty (RAW Family, #2)
  • Rebirth (RAW Family, #3)
“Monsters don't always lurk in the shadows. Sometimes they hide in plain sight.” 397 likes
“I don't want a knight in shining armor.
I don't want a knight in scuffed armor.
I want his helmet to have dents. I want my knight to be real, and dark and savage. I want my knight to be a survivor. Someone who's been tested and got through his trails. Not some pussy in gleaming metal.”
190 likes