Start by marking “Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.6)” as Want to Read:
Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.6)

Evil Red

(Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2.6)

L.A. is one tough city, especially while sharing a trailer with four thieving sisters.

Valerie’s plans for a better life and Hollywood grandeur are interrupted after a fateful stabbing lands her in Anchorage, Alaska where government agents expect her to play the role of a vampire hunting La Femme Nikita.

The redheaded vixen is back in her own novelette.

Recommended after Nort
67 pages
Published February 2014

To ask other readers questions about Evil Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Red

Start your review of Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.6)
angela
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like when

I really like when the Author takes the time to write a short book, about key characters. It's great to get insight into what they were thinking, why they did what they did during certain situations etc.
Melanie Marsh
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Evil Red is a novella in Nikki Jefford’s world of Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter series. It tells the story of Valerie, the red haired, mean spirited chick who seems to have the worst attitude on the planet.

Valerie is just a flat out bitch to pretty much everyone. She’s a beauty from the outside, but quite ugly on the inside. She’s really someone I would like to punch in the face if I had the opportunity. I have been watching throughout the series for a redeeming quality in her personality, but hav
Naomi 🐨
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Valerie is so evil.... so that explains how she got her clutches into Fane :)
Heather De Los Reyes
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love the name of this book!!! It 100% goes with Valerie's character and everything she is!!! This book really let's you dive into why Valerie is the way she is and what it was like for her before she became a vampire informant. I find a lot of it interesting but also sad. I liked reading about the beginning of her and Fane's relationship and how is was for the job but I think she also wanted it a little bit for herself as well. I could also see why Fane would like her and want to d ...more
Guylaine
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Evil Valerie! what a great name for this book. It tell you how Valerie became a Vampire Hunter and also about her life before she was a Vampire Hunter. Its also make me understand why Fane dated Valerie. She is still bitchy and bad ass. I don't like her much but I do understand more where she come from. I wish we would have seen more about her relationship with her sisters. Overall I enjoy the read because I like Nikki writing so much.
Jeannie
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Valerie! I really enjoyed reading this Novella, “Evil Red”, book 2.6 in the Aurora Sky Series by Nikki Jefford. This book really gives you the history and life of Valerie. You understand where she is coming from and why she made the decisions she made in some of the earlier books in the A.S. series. I loved knowing how she and Fane came together. Great read and helpful back ground information on the “Evil Red” character Valerie from Aurora Sky series.

Shawn
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of the Aurora Sky series, this is a great story about Aurora's nemesis, Valerie. Beware, though, if you like to hate her, as you might find yourself sympathizing a bit more with her.
Jay Williams
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully written story, or at least a chapter in a story. From the club scene in Los Angeles to the bleak government facility in Alaska, the descriptions are perfect in capturing the scene without overdoing the words. The vampire idea is very imaginative in how the actual vampires and the potential vampire hunters are treated. The story has a different slant, which makes it very interesting. I only wish it had progressed a little further before ending. Now I have to wait for the nex ...more
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute read. This is a novella to the Aurora Sky series.
Rosie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Valerie story

Now I'm excited to see how and when Val finds out she really may be a vampire. Wish her story was longer.
Bookish Serendipity Shannon williamson
Explains so much!

This explains so much about Val and why she acts the way she does. Loved getting to read more about her and hearing part of her story!
J.L. Day
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Author does a phenomenal job in coming back and creating multi-faceted layers and depths to her supporting cast. Valeria is an interesting footnote in the Aurora Sky series, but she is not necessarily what I would refer to as integral to the series; with the 2.5 and 2.6 additions, Miss Jefford joins the ranks of great epic novelists like Dana Fuller Rossof the Wagons West! series and Dana Clayton Porter of the White Indian series.
Valerie (Evil Red), is brought to life in a most enticing
A.Z. Green

Reviewed for Bit'N Book Promoters

Now this little novelette is brilliant. The cover is so different to the other books it threw me at first. Sort of reminds me of Kill Bill, but it works perfectly for the redheaded vixen, Valerie.

Val finally gets the spotlight and you know that there's more to her than this tough, hard ass who hides her feelings with contempt, sarcasm and plain bitchiness. She showed a little compassion and emotion in Northern Bites when paired with Aurora. Because of that glimm
Mandy

I received Evil Red in return for an honest review from the author. The story starts with Valerie living in L.A. in a trailer with her sisters and mother with big dreams of getting out and making it to the big screen. Her dreams are cut short when she’s attacked outside a club fatally stabbed three times. What should have been the end is really just the beginning as to her friends and family she’s dead but in Anchorage Alaska she lives to become a vampire hunter.

While Valerie isn’t thrilled with
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

This book was pretty short, I read it in one sitting. I have to say, I still do not like Valerie, guess I never will. It was still interesting getting her side of when she "died" and became a vampire hunter. I was always curious on how she got her claws into Fane, it took some work, lol.

So it seems shes always been a bitch for sure.

Its worth reading, just do not like her as a character, but thinking as a villian, sure, lol.

Check out my review and the book tour post at my blog for another novell
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-author
(View this mini-review on My Library in the Making.)

If I hadn't grown to like Valerie in Northern Bites, I seriously wouldn't have even bothered to read this, but I did, and now, I think I may even love her? Me, loving the bitchy type? Wow.

Aside from my newfound love for this redhead, Evil Red confirmed another thing for me: that I no longer have an inkling of like for Fane. I can't believe I once found him appealing in Transfusion. Sure, he's the perfect balance of naughty and nice, but someth
Ali
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo 1901636_10202495777890722_881944819_n.jpg

photo 1981741_10202495937294707_431089861_n.jpg

I've always been a reluctant fan of Valerie. She's evil, but intriguing...you know?

I'm so happy Jefford gave us a glimpse into her redheaded mastermind. Valerie is the person I always thought she was, but I understand it a little bit more now.

Evil Red is a wonderful romp through some very interesting back story, especially how Fane comes into the entire picture. Fane...oh Fane. Love that blood sucker!

This is a must read for any fan of the series and for anyone who loves redheads! ;)
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Evil Red is a short story about Valerie and how she died and was recruited to be a hunter with the agency.

You know, I never really liked Valerie, but this novella about her, I thought, was very interesting to read. I've always been curious to see what she was like before all this happened... your answer: she was still a bitch. Why she is such a jerk, I have no idea. But I still don't like her. But as bitchy as she me be, she is a badass!

Another thing I've always wo
P S
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter vol. 2.6

I can't really say to much about book cause it will give to much away before you read anything so all I can say the title of the book sums it up.
Shawn
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought since the 2.5 was good, that I would want to read this one too. I was disappointed for 2 reasons. I bought Books 1-3 set, and the 2.5 was in that, but this was not, so I had to purchase it for .99 cents. While this is not a bad price, it just was not worth it to me, since I don't like Valerie character a whole lot. and the other disappointment is that it just wasn't very good. I'm glad it was short and didn't waste a whole lot of my time.

Basically to me, the sum of Valerie is that she'
Kim
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story which I didn't expect.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this series, it's one of my favorites - I just wasn't thrilled to read about Valerie; I can't stand her character! Turns out if was a great read.

We learn so much about Valerie's life before she 'died', and then we finally find out how she and Fane became a couple. This story answered a lot of questions that I had, and a few more pieces of the puzzle are falling into place now! Oh, and I think I love Fane a little more
Angie
Valerie is a character that I love to hate, so I enjoyed this novella. I did want more out of Evil Red though. Aside from learning that she was a bitch even before she almost died, we don’t find out much more about Valerie. It’s just how she was nearly killed and how the agents found her, her immediate reaction to finding out that vampires are real, and her first mission. While I did like reading about how she got Fane’s attention and their first date, I wanted to get to know Valerie better. Why ...more
Rebecca
3.5 Read this awhile back and was pretty good.

I didn't realize I had read this when I got it but I did
From what I remember it was prettied and we get to find out how one of the girls ended up being a hunter and all that. It was pretty exciting and interesting but it's been awhile so I don't remember everything
If I had it would have been a 5 star book. I reserve that many stars for the over the top unforgettable books that you just don't forget. This is a good series yes. But just not a five st
Keith Beasley-Topliffe
This is Valerie's backstory, not written in first person like the others in the series, but like a scenario for a screenplay. Since it's listed as book 2.6 in the series, I was hoping for what happened to Valerie after "Northern Bites." Instead, all the action is before the first book. Chronologically it's about 0.9. But reading it first would spoil revelations in 2 and 2.5, so I understand the numbering. It's about novellette length (and priced accordingly). It seems like an experiment by Nikki ...more
Katrina Marie
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved being in Valerie’s mind. I still don’t care for her.

We get a glimpse into the life she had to leave behind. She’s always been tough, and a bit of a bitch. So that’s nothing new there. I loved when she started interacting with Fane. We also saw a gentleness that we don’t see in Valerie often.

I’m hoping we get more little looks into each character’s life. It definitely helps understand the person better.
Alan
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Very short but fun. Probably not a book to read on its own but as part of the Aurora Sky series it was good to get Valerie's back story and see what's going on inside that wild red head of hers! I had expected and hoped for the story of Valerie going AWOL after escaping Jared, so was a little disappointed.
Michelle Williams
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this book follows Valerie, who is a right nasty piece of work.In this book we learn more about her and her family life before she turned into a vampire hunter.I have gotta say that this book is wonderfully written and by the end of it Valerie was a little more likeable to me.In order to understand this book more i would recommend that you read all the other books first .
Megan Murphy
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bite-me
Valeria Ward...the Femme Fatale of Vampire Hunters. Most hate her or want to be with her, not someone who you would like to mess with. In the first 2 books we find out more about her, and if you were like me you couldn't get enough of her. This book was way too short! I hope to see more of her in the next few books.
Tania  Drakatos
Not what I was expecting

I got a little disappointed, I thought that this book would first start of as how she came to the organization and then let us know what happened when she split from aurora and got onto a different plane l, and went her own way but it didn't happen. I was not happy. Oh well
Jan
In this longish short story we learn about Valarie's life before and after vampires. It takes us all the way to when she starts dating Fane. It was nice to learn her backstory but I was hoping for a story about when she ran away from the Agency. While giving more perspective on the characters, it is not really necessary to understand the series. But since it is so short, why not?

• Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • Magic Touch (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #3)
  • Magic Sight (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #2)
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy Book 1)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Mad Girl: Locked Up
  • Royal Command (Royal Watch #2)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #3)
  • The Spring Witch
  • Zodiac Academy: Shadow Princess (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #4)
  • Ash (Hive Trilogy, #1)
  • Anarchy  (Hive Trilogy, #2)
  • Annihilate (Hive Trilogy, #3)
  • Obliteration (Dream Wars #3)
  • The Prison of Buried Hopes (After The Rift Book 5)
Nikki Jefford is an award-winning, bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and quirky combinations in-between.

She is a third-generation Alaskan now living in the Pacific Northwest with her Westie, Cosmo, and her French husband, who she wouldn't trade in for anyone--not even Spike or Mr. Darcy!

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking, or out riding her motorcycle, a Honda CB5

Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (6 books)
  • Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • Hunting Season (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4)
  • Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)
  • True North (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #6)

News & Interviews