Start by marking “Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3)

Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike

(Rook and Ronin Spinoff #3)

Spencer Shrike is a plotter. Known for his ingenious, albeit illegal, plans that keeps the Team running efficiently and out of jail, he carries this same love of order into his personal life. He’s kept his long-time main squeeze on the sidelines for years as he builds the Shrike Bikes empire.

Veronica Vaughn is an explosion ready to happen. Ronnie lives in the here and now.
Published February 15th 2014 by Science Future Press

Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,438 books — 5,890 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiAlways by Kindle Alexander
2014 Must Reads
2,046 books — 2,372 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3)
Christy
5 Bombshell stars!

photo 56678ff0-59f9-4cc1-8b1e-7091baac5c5d_zps9b2a9dd9.jpg

BOMB is Spencer Shrike’s novella. I’ve been waiting for this since I first read Tragic. I may be in the minority, but when reading book one of this series, Ronin was just okay for me. I liked him a lot, but Spencer, I really dug him. Then in the next few books, Ford stole my heart and Spencer kind of got stuck on the back burner. But I still have a special place for this tattooed biker hottie. I loved this novella and I cannot wait for his full story!

Spencer’s ‘team’ is
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
5 Shrike Stars

Big wet sloppy kisses to J.A. Huss for the honor of not only letting me get my greedy (slightly sweaty) hands on this a few days early, but for bringing together an awesome group of sassy bitches for an amazing street team.

Spencer Shrike is on the verge of having everything he’s always wanted. His business is taking off, he’s on TV, he’s in love... there’s just one not-so-little mess that has to be cleaned up first. And until the trial is over, part of his future is on hold.

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
5--Spencer is the BOMB--Stars!

Doooode.....Spencer has been misrepresented. Who else thought he was a player?

He is SO not! Yes, Spencer is tough, yes Spencer speaks his mind, and yes Spencer is trouble. But from the day he first saw Ronnie on the college campus, she was HIS!

I loved seeing how Ronnie and Spencer met. Spencer wasn't about to take no for an answer.

"When I ask if I can touch you tonight, I want you to say yes. When I ask if I can kiss you tonight, I want you to say yes. When I ask
Amy | Foxy Blogs
BOMB is Spencer's story about how he fell in love with Veronica aka Bombshell. This novella takes place over the course of a day when Spencer finds out Veronica secretly dating another guy.

As Spencer goes about his day he reminisces about the first time he saw her and their first date.

Back to the present day - Spencer and Veronica learn they both have secrets that hinder their relationship from moving forward.

When I started BOMB I was questioning Spencer's motivates but by the end of the
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Bombshell Stars

description

I was all wrong about Spencer. I thought he had no idea what he was doing with his love life and was simply stringing Veronica along.

"Wow." She laughs a little. "I think you just changed my life, Spencer Shrike."

"That was the plan, Bombshell. That was always the plan."

Spencer Strike is a man with a plan! He is focused on his end game and I sure hope he won’t be too late since he has been in love with Veronica for three years and the depths, the lengths he will go to protect
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Perfect, Just the Most Perfect Stars * * * * *

BOMB: A Day in the life of Spencer by J.A. Huss is like a mysterious confectionery delight. It is one of those experiences complex in its simplicity which baffles the mind to take it all in. It is part of the repertory of what makes Ms. Huss the artist she is.

Picture the perfect cake... no frosting to let you think it will be sugary sweet... not a hint as to what will be inside... at first inspection... just a cake with a beckoning aroma which
Brandi
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I went into this novella with a few ideas about Mr. Shrike and his on/off relationship with Ronnie.

description

But, boy was I surprised. Spencer, I misjudged you!

description

He isn't just the tough guy, who speaks his mind. He is actually really sweet, and loyal. He claimed Ronnie as his immediately. But his life is complicated right now and he is determined to keep her safe.

"It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing.
It’s a change-my-life-forever thing.
It’s a falling-in-love-and-lust thing.
It’s a recognizing-my-best-friend
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This Novella is about Spencer and Veronica. It touches on when they first met…

awwww photo tumblr_inline_mirasunWYr1qz4rgp_zpsa5f5e494.gif

“And I told myself. She’s mine. I need her. I don’t know her, but I will. And now I do. And I want you. Not just for tonight, not for just a weekend, not for just this semester to pass the time, not just to get some kickass ink on my body. I want you for all those things, but I want them indefinitely.”

Then moves to when he decided she was the one for him

photo tumblr_lonulfBrcJ1qe99er_zpsd38ebfb7.gif

“It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

It’s a change-my-forever
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
(5 Ronnie has always been mine Stars!)
(BR with Patty & Tiffany)

photo 10bdb293-8989-4990-a92c-6d389af7aef6.jpg

photo 2e0e43f1-24d3-4a3f-970c-64f6cf91c388.jpg

Spencer Shrike aka Spence is a busy guy. He took over his family's business a few years back, and is now the owner of Shrike Bikes. He has his own t.v. show with the Biker Channel, has his own line of custom bikes, and does body art. He is currently opening a new shop in town for season two of Shrike Bikes, and at the same time trying to figure out who stole some of his bikes from his showroom.

photo 53afd092-434a-41c7-acf1-cfca5aea6bbd.jpg

Spencer is a gorgeous,
Jana Aston
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Spencer….. We met him a long time ago didn’t we? He appeared in all three Rook & Ronin books, Tragic, Manic & Panic. Did he catch my attention there? A little, but I was so blinded by Ford I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention to Spencer, and bikers, not really my type. Also, he already had a girlfriend. Long term relationships, not really my thing either. I love a wham, bam, YOU ARE MINE romance. Why has Spencer been with Veronica so long without committing? What’s his deal?? We get ...more
Kristi
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have an epic book hangover from a NOVELLA. I thought my book hangover was bad after
Taut, well that is proving to be mild compared to what I'm feeling now.

I'm devastated. But in the best possible way. Because what the hell do I do until the end of March?
I’m excited, yet fearful of the days and weeks I have to wait until I get my hands on Guns.
I’m ruined for all other book and especially book boyfriends. I found my number one.

I'm 100% invested in ALL the characters from the Rook and Ronin
~♡AB♡~
I am so in love with J.A Huss, this has to be my favourite series ever, I love everything about every single character.

This little glimpse into the life of Spencer and Ronnie has made me all excited and gagging for Guns, I can't fucking wait!!!
C-Money
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I was given a box of 1,000 dollar chocolate from where ever the hell they founded chocolate, told I could eat the whole damn box and then tick tick tick BOOM. I was told to stop after the 1st one.

THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR.

JA Huss is an evil genius. 100% evil but in the best of ways. I have the biggest lady boner for her. She just keeps amazing me with each word she puts down on paper. She makes my stalker tendencies flare into fullstalker mode. She makes me HATE Novellas. There is
Misty Crook mcelroy
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I think I have to officially say, I'm pretty sure JA Huss has ruined me for all other authors! I have such a girl crush on JA it's not even funny. She completely roped me in starting with Tragic and has not disappointed me ever! I can honestly say I LOVE all of her characters. I typically fall in love with the men and then hate the women, but the women are equally as amazing and strong characters that I have fallen in love with them too!

So.... BOMB, Spencer Shrikes novella, holy fucking
Kara
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BOMB! Gah. What can a fangirl like me say?!
Well #1 - Spencer Rocks! #2 Veronica is my favorite lady in the Tragic series. #3 let's bring the big GUNS out!

This novella will leave you happy. Plain and simple. Happy.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
4 Stars!!!
(BR with Melissa)

photo image_zpsfbd79377.jpg

This is the story of Spencer Shrike and his "Bombshell", Veronica "Ronnie" Vaughn.

It was a really enjoyable novella that turned out to be a very quick read.
Spence was likable in the Rook and Ronin books but I never felt like I made a connection with him.

In BOMB we finally get to know Spencer Shrike better.

He's a man with a "Plan" and it's all for Ronnie, his Bombshell.
I had thought he was only using Ronnie for sex, boy was I wrong!!
And holy hell does Spence have a
Bella
I have a total girl crush on JA. Freaking love her words.

I have always thought of Spencer exactly how JA wanted me to think of him - gorgeous, goofy, tough and aloof. He's the muscle of the "team." And while he's super talented and successful, he's been kind of a dick to Veronica. Which made him less desirable to me.

I fell in love with Ronin when I read the Rook & Ronin Series.

Ford completely stole my heart when I read Taut.

Spencer? Spencer who? He has not been a star in my fantasies.
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - 5 stars!!
for more reviews please visit www.sizzlingpages.com

Spencer Shrike....I went from wanting to kick your ass to loving you. You tricky devil - things with you are NOT what they seem. A true romantic hero with a dirty mind and a dirty mouth. Now, I just have to wait for “GUNS” to learn more about your angst filled life <3 <3
Tiffany Readz
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ronin, Ford and Now Spencer?? JA Huss is Trying to Kill Me!!!

Starting this book I kept telling myself that I am a Ford fan, not Ronin and not Spencer, just Effing Ford all the way. After TAUT where we spent a day in Ford's head, I didn't think there was going to be room for Spencer Effing Shrike and boy was I wrong!

With BOMB we now spend a day in the mind of Spencer Shrike, artist, custom bike builder and all around bad ass. He is in love with Veronica Vaughn and until this book, I didn't get
Tiffany
ronniesp

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Spencer Shrike. Mmm yeah. Bomb is a sneak peak into his life.

I loved it. It was a short and easy read that is a bit of a tease. It leaves you wanting more and with a promise of so much more to come.

Ford may have captured by attention in the Rook and Ronin series but Spencer has my attention now. I absolutely cannot wait for Guns!

Bomb was amazing! Read it. Now.
a_tiffyfit
Ronin. Ford. Spencer. This is the trifecta of book boyfriends. Ronin...eh, he didn't really do it for me. But I was intrigued by Ford and Spencer's appearances in the Rook & Ronin series (Tragic, Manic, and Panic. If you haven't read these, do. Please do.) So I was super excited by the spin-offs SLACK and TAUT for Ford. I mean...Ford is amazing. He's so bluntly honest and has this backstory that is just...wow. Ford is sexy. He's dirty. He's naughty. He's brilliant and sophisticated while ...more
Ali
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I went into BOMB not knowing if I was going to love Spencer or not. He's hot in his little parts throughout the Rook and Ronin series, but I just wasn't sold on him being my "type". Ya know?

Spencer is very much the Alpha male. He likes things to go his way, to have things under control. He wants to have Veronica Vaughn his way and under his control. Though...that may not be quite as easy as he imagines.

I can say that Ronnie is very much my type of girl. She's really pretty sensitive, almost
Michelle
*** 5 Bomb Stars***

Loved it!! Bomb is Spencer Shrikes story on how he met Veronica Vaughn aka Bombshell. We learn that Veronica is Spencer's first love and will always be his LOVE!! I can't wait for GUNS!!

bomb2

Bomb

JA Huss
Veronica LaRoche
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc copy of this amazing book in exchange for an honest review

I am so in love with this series. I love JA Huss writing and can never get enough and I am never disappointed. You first read about Spencer in Tragic, Manic and Panic and I could not get enough of him. I could not put Bomb down, I loved that we got a sneak into Spencer's head and know his heart belongs to Veronica. I can't wait to see how it all comes together in GUNS coming out in March. AMAZING SERIES
❤️ Diana ❤️
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-mc
This was a quick little read and more insight into Spencer. We find out why he's "blowing off" Ronnie and realize his true feelings. I'm anxious now to read Guns soon cause I love these boys, though Ford is my favorite (sorry Soencer) but he is!! Spencer's cocky but love able too!!

4 exploding stars!!
Sammy ⭐️
Shelves: series, 5-star
With each book I read in this series it just increases the reasons to why it's way up top on my favourites list. J A Huss know exactly how to draw her audience in and can create some Hot as all Hell male leads with Kick arse love interests. I'm so excited for Guns!!!!'
Polly
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ugh I need Guns right fucking now!!!

Spencer may just be better than Ford.
Krista
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
J.A. Huss - the things you do to me. She has created this holy trinity of hot men, all of which make my legs turn to spaghetti and my lady bits tingle. First there was Ronin. The beauty. The model. And, he found forever with Rook. Then came Ford. The brains. The deviant. And, all it took to give him purpose was Ashleigh.

And, now it's Spencer's turn. The brawn. The biker. And, the only girl for him is his Bombshell, Veronica.

In Bomb, we take a peek at a day in the life of Spencer Shrike, owner
AmberLanae - Addicted Souls
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, book-boyfriend
BOMB A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike Rook and Ronin Spinoff by JA Huss
I was not sure what to expect going into this book. I really liked Spencer in Tragic, Manic, & Panic. He was a huge flirt and cocky as all get out, but did he intrigue me like Ford did? HELL YES! I wanted to know why Veronica (Ronnie aka Bombshell aka Bomb) Vaughn was his achilles heel. I wanted to know how he fit into the whole "Team". What does he contribute? A LOT! that is for sure. And as to why Bomb gets to him....LOVE IT! She is a fierce feisty femme fatale that keeps Spencer on his
Heidi Tieman
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OH HOLY FRIGGIN' SMOKES! This was one hot little day in the Life of Spencer Shrike. Ford will forever hold my heart but I think Spencer might have won him out on this one...sorry Ford :(

I am bursting at the seams...I want to read Guns so bad right now! I have a feeling it is going to be JA's best yet. I love all of the Rook & Ronin Books, each getting better than the last. They grab you by the *bleep* and don't let go! Ronnie and Spencer are at a crossroad, her wanting to be wanted and him
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Savage Angel (Rough Jesters MC #1)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Walls, #3)
  • Do Us Part (The Dumont Diaries, #4)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Three (Red & Wolfe, #3)
  • Time Will Tell (Maybe, #3)
  • This Time Around (Maybe, #2)
  • Torch
  • Rough Touch (Valetti Crime Family #3)
  • Illusive (Storm MC, #5)
  • Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)
  • Beyond These Walls (Walls, #2)
  • Ruin (Corruption, #2)
  • Revive (Storm MC, #3)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Tattoos and Tatas (Chocoholics, #2.5)
  • Just One Night, Part 2 (Just One Night, #2)
  • Protecting What Is Mine (Wilde Boys #3)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic ...more

Rook and Ronin Spinoff (4 books)
  • Slack: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #1)
  • Taut: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #2)
  • Guns: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #4)
“It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It’s a change-my-life-forever thing. It’s a falling-in-love-and-lust thing. It’s a recognizing-my-best-friend thing. And it’s the day I decide—this girl is mine. Forever.” 3 likes
“They’re not really dogs, they’re employees. Security. I paid forty grand apiece for these fucking dogs. One wrong look at Ashleigh or Kate and they eat your face off.” 2 likes