Start by marking “Zom-B Goddess” as Want to Read:
Zom-B Goddess

Zom-B Goddess

(Zom-B #12)

Double-crossed again, B is confused, enraged and broken. But the battle isn’t over. The end is nigh, but there are plenty of horrors to come. And who will survive? The Zombies? The humans? Or worse…?

‘Zachary…’ Dr Oystein murmurs.

‘No,’ Owl Man replies. ‘There has been enough bloodshed. I know there must be more before this is through, but let’s not kill those we can afford
Published April 7th 2016 by Simon & Schuster (first published June 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Zom-B Goddess, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
BrendonVineyard Honestly I think Darren Shan will make a spin off series under a new name besides Zom-B. It did say a new beginning and at the back it said the time p…moreHonestly I think Darren Shan will make a spin off series under a new name besides Zom-B. It did say a new beginning and at the back it said the time period of which the zom-b series was written. So either he is done or, what i hope, does a spin off series.(less)

Start your review of Zom-B Goddess
Miranda Reads
Bit of a disappointing end to a promising series.

At this point, I've gotten numb to the story. B Smith has made a lot of personal growth - which is great. She's no longer falling into her father's racist footsteps and she's developed such a spine that I'm more than a little proud of her.

It's just this plot has gotten so convoluted that I don't really know what's up and what's down anymore. There have been so many backstabbings and betrayals that I honestly have no idea which was the good side (i
Adeeb
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a comprehensive, non-spoilery review of the series as a whole:

I am very emotional right now. At the beginning of the series, I was thinking that maybe I am now too old for Darren Shan's books. After all, the first book of his was more than 9 years ago. But let me tell you, I was so wrong. I loved this series for so many reasons, such as the great plot twists, clever dialogue and character names, and the amazing characters.

Can we just talk about the awesomeness of B and Holy Moly and the
Faseeh Ilahi
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I just finished the last book in the Zom-B series i-e Zom-B Goddess and I loved this series.

Rating: 4/5 🌟

So If you guys haven't read the first 11 books then stop reading this coz It might spoil those books for you.

The story starts where the 11th book ended, when B Smith finally find out the reality of Dr. Oystein, that he is the real culprit. Everything changes for her.
Dr Oystein tell her the reality and with the help of his nephew i-e owl man got hold of her and force her to give Schlesinger-10
Chelsie Pierce
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Darren you brilliant brilliant man!!
But what do I do with my life now!?
Kimberley doruyter
kinda saw that end coming.
overal i really liked this series
Christina
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Epic ending to this series!!
Trisha
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"You're a goddess," Dr. Oystein says softly. "You will bring death to this world, as many gods and goddesses of legend did."

This was a bitter sweet end. On one had, I'm glad I got this far, reading all of these stories with B and her friends and odd people she met, but I'm not sure this was quite the ending I had envisioned so many books ago.

I will expand more tomorrow
Dan
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, zombies
[Spoilers for previous Zom-B books]

It's the end for B as she has now discovered that Dr. Oystein is the brother of Mr. Dowling and wants to wipe out humanity. He's your typical super-villain really, having the much used in fiction believe that humanity has ruined the world and he wants to replace it with something better. B is under the hypnotic control of Owl Man and it looks like either Oystein or Dowling will win. Can B stop them both and save the world?

The book starts off fairly slowly, havi
Stef White
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well slap me in the face, that was a good ending :] Wow.
I love Holy Moly so much, I did think the first half of the book was basically the 'plan' repeated over and over in a different way but other than that a fantastic ending to a fantastic series.
Cinthia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ada
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
T.A.
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great ending to a good series.

Reading a zombie story aimed at teenagers is always interesting as it can’t rely on gore, sex and violence in the same way that many adult ones do. This series proved that just because it’s target audience is younger doesn’t mean it could not make you feel queasy.

With great descriptive writing and a style that is direct and colourful this series takes you to an apocalypse from the point of view of a zombie who is ‘alive’ not just undead. It also broaches topics r
Cameron
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Hunter
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story starts by Dr. Oystien and owlman busting into Becky and Dennys hideout then they take Becky hostage and force her to attack mr.dowling and the mutants later Becky finds out that she tricked and was forced to open the wrong vial and now she and all the humans and zombies will die but Becky miraculously survives by staying in a groove tube for about 1000 years

My favorite character in this book is Dr. Oystien because he manages to trick Becky again by forcing her to open the wrong vial a
Ricky
First off - who else has looked at the cover and been reminded of Imperator Furiosa?

Second off - At last this book reveals the true motivations behind the Dowlings, who are now playing quite the Gambit Roulette with each other's viruses, and of course B winds up caught in the middle.

Third off - wow. I did NOT see that ending coming. Even down to the wire, Shan's got tons of surprises up his sleeve, and he deploys them by the megaton.

Last off - I'm really bummed we're done with this 'verse, but k
Emily
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
For a finale, there was a whole lot of talking for the first hundred pages or so...
Also, I don't know how I feel about the ending, just because it worked doesn't mean I like it, maybe because I feel its not the route I envisioned the series might go down when I first began reading.
Overall, books 10-12 are still quick and enjoyable reads that kept me hooked, but I feel they were the weakest plot and action wise.
B and Holy Moly remained amazing, but unfortunately the book just felt almost anticlim
Katherine
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the last book in the series and it was really satisfying on a whole to me when I finished the book. The book ending had more of a hopeful outlook of the situations that came before in the previous 11 books and it seems that there could be a spin-off series/a series two that will come after this one as it left on a cliffhanger that made you wanting more in the best way possible. I was a bit sad as well because of a lot of my favourite characters where killed off - but I still loved it!
Books And  Chocaholic
I've got to hand it to the man, he really knows how to write an ending. I was plowing through this book wanting to absorb every word while simultaneously anticipating every next move. The aspects of morality and decisions we make. The decisions made by the few in the name of the many... so many themes were discussed and came to fruition. The ending was extraodinary and I will forever love Holy Moly!! ...more
Emerald Melody
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: darren-shan
Wow... just wow...

Went through such a whirl of emotions and shocks while reading this series. Some parts really took me by surprise, others were just sad through and through.

And you do wonder, what happens next?
What happened after the ending? Was it really what they were fighting for?

Just a quick, thrill packed series as always Mr. Shan.
Jody
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trc2016
Thank You Mr. Shan!
As a high school librarian, I was pleased that both the avid teenaged readers and I enjoyed the story of B Smith. Even more thrilling , though, is the fact that reluctant teenaged readers will check out one of your books and get hooked!
Amber
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a great way to end this series!!!
Amanda
Amazing ! I'm still speechless ... ...more
Shema♥
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
What a wonderful series! Darren Shan never fails to amaze me!
I loved B so much! And Rage was great too in his own ways :)
Jessica
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Chappy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
So in different circumstances I would have put off reading this last book and thus not finished the series till much later in the year, to give myself time to prepare. However reaching a milestone like my 300th book demanded something special and if I’m honest; nothing seems more special than coming back to my favourite author.

As well as being my 38th Darren Shan novel, this amazing little book was finished in one session; utterly relentless, shocking and suspenseful, I just couldn’t stop liste
Sophie
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Meg McGregor
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love to read books in a series.

This may seem off topic but it really isn't!

An author I love, wrote a very long series, about teenagers being able to morph into all kinds of animals because of a box that a member of an alien race had given them. It was over 60 books and I read each and everyone faithfully and could hardly wait for the next book to come out.

Then, the last book in the series came out and it was SO TERRIBLE! I mean it. I was so disappointed and I was not the only one. It made me d
Lillee
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Okay, firstly: That cover is amazing, B looks so regal and, yes, just like a zombie goddess. Though this is probably my least favourite of Shan's three most popular series (Darren Shan, the Demonata etc) the ending, which is definitely my favourite part of his works, was still pretty brilliant, leaving the reader with limitless possibilities and questions. It could perhaps have been improved to be on par with the finales of the other series if a few more questions had been answered, such as the ...more
Kristen
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series went downhill for me a few books ago when it felt like everything was just being strung out, but this was a pretty satisfying finale, and I think my kids will like it. It starts a little slow with a LOT of info-dump at the beginning to explain why everything is happening, but there's still action, plot twists, and (ew) lots of gore. I like that the author touches again on themes like racism, prejudice, etc...those were the books I liked best in the series (probably because I'm readin ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Nano (Pia Grazdani, #2)
  • The Companion
  • Again Again
  • The Hunter's Wife
  • Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)
  • Shouldn't You Be in School? (All the Wrong Questions, #3)
  • La Mangouste (XIII Mystery #1)
  • A Princess for Christmas
  • Dancing at the Pity Party
  • Force Collector (Star Wars)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Zconomy: How Gen Z Will Change the Future of Business—and What to Do About It
  • The Downward Spiral (Lock and Key #2)
  • This Splintered Silence
  • The Book of Koli (Rampart Trilogy, #1)
  • Curse the Day (Spellbound #1)
  • Weird but Normal: Essays
  • Universe
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

Zom-B (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Zom-B