Start by marking “Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series) ” as Want to Read:
Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  332 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Arthur is overwhelmed with dread when he hears that his teacher is coming to stay at his house. But soon, Arthur discovers that Mr. Ratburn is just like everyone else. Arthur thinks his problems are over, but when he gets an A on his test his friends start calling him a teacher's pet. In the end, Arthur and Mr. Ratburn set the record straight. Text copyright 2004 Lectorum ...more
Published September 1st 2000 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Teacher Moves In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Teacher Moves In

نشوى
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
It's a funny story
Far
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
An Arthur book?! I know what you must be thinking... why a children's book?

Well, one of my best friends and I went to the library and fangirled over the Arthur television show, filled with nostalgia - so we decided to read some of the books before closing. I picked up this one because I thought, whoah when did Ratburn move in!?

It was an extremely amusing tale of how Arthur learns that his teacher isn't all that bad, and is human like everyone else - I feel like teachers would enjoy this book be
Amy
Arthur assumed that Mr. Ratburn was mean because he was his teacher. However, when Mr. Ratburn stays the night at Arthur's house while his roof is being fixed, Arthur learns that Mr. Ratburn is just like everyone else. This is a good book to use to teach students about not judging others until you get to know them.
Rachel
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book is a good book to teach about peer pressure and judging others. Arthur gets teased for having his teacher stay at his house-by the end he realizes his teacher is a person who enjoys basic things like him.
Olivia
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friends, school
One of the sillier books in the Arthur series. Mr. Ratburn's character is developed in this book, when he comes to live with the Read family after his roof collapses. There is also a plot line about how to deal with being called a teachers pet.
Rosa Cline
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This was a fun Arthur book. The children realize that teachers don't live at school and they can be 'human' too. BUT Arthur makes the best on a test and the class start calling him teacher's pet when Mr. Ratburn comes to stay at his house when his house is being fixed.
Meg
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
The storyline here is completely implausible (wouldn't Mr. Ratburn stay with a colleague or at a hotel before staying with a student's family?). But I can't help myself, I love Marc Brown's illustrations, and his storylines always strike a chord with kids.
Sophia Martin
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 50-books
Mr. Ratburn is moving in with Arthur! How terrible! Living with your teacher!? Who knew teachers had lives outside of school. Could Mr. Ratburn actually be a normal animal. Maybe him moving in won't be so bad at all. Arthur is considerin gthese things while taking slack from his friends.
Tierra Garr
Apr 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I felt sorry for Arthur in this story as he was teased about being the "teacher's pet."
jenna nims
Dec 15, 2007 rated it liked it
typical arthur book - caroline loves them i think they are boring - so i'll give it 3 stars as an average of our 2 scores.
Cana
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Mommy says: Hmm. Mr. Ratburn isn't so bad after all. We love Arthur books.
Steph
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Bro
Tania
Dec 07, 2010 added it
Teachers aren't so bad afterall, Arthur. Teaches kids that teachers aren't scary.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
what do you do when your teacher comes to live with you
Amber White
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
just imagine if your teacher stayed at your house
Claire Dyer
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I brought this book because I loved reading Arthur books when I was little. I would always pick a different Arthur book to read or for my mom to read me.

Betsy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A great book to teach students that teachers don't live at school. It could also be used to illustrate how hurtful it is when we tease our friends.
Melenia
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay
Amanda
Sep 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Another Marc Brown author study book...again, a little boring.
Kim M
  • Happy Birthday Hamster
  • Franklin's Baby Sister
  • The Magic School Bus Fights Germs
  • The Cheese
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • Have Fun, Molly Lou Melon
  • The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark
  • We'll Paint the Octopus Red
  • Happy Birthday, Madame Chapeau
  • Big Bad Wolves at School
  • Merry Christmas, Little Critter!
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...