Start by marking “Patriarcas y Profetas (El Gran Conflicto)” as Want to Read:
Patriarcas y Profetas (El Gran Conflicto)

Patriarcas y Profetas (El Gran Conflicto)

Para encontrar sentido a la historia de la humanidad es necesario conocer y comprender el auténtico origen de la vida y del bien y del mal. Para eso no existe fuente más fiable que los primeros libros de la Biblia. Y no podremos encontrar una mejor manera de aproximarnos a ellos, y conocer el fundamento sobre el que se constituyó la iglesia que con la lectura de este volum ...more
Published May 7th 2012 by Inter-American Division Publishing Association (first published 1890)

Candace
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-5-star
Patriarchs and Prophets is volume one of a five volume Conflict of Ages series. It covers Biblical history from Creation to the reign of King David. Ellen G. White's insight about the rebellion in Heaven and why evil is permitted to exist is astute. The sagacious writings of Biblical history penetrate the mind and uplifts the soul. It is a book I'd recommend to readers who want an in-depth study of Old Testament times up to King David's reign.
Morgan
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is really difficult to summarize the amazing book of Patriarchs and Prophets in a concise manner. This book is part of Conflict of the Ages Series, Vol. 1. It's basically about what the title entails-the promises that God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and how He decided He would bless them and their descendants if they obeyed and remained loyal to Him. It covers everything from the Creation, to the last years of King David and everything you can possibly imagine in between!

This book is ve
Matt
How does a Christian explain the actions of the God of the Old Testament to an unbeliever or answer questions of their own when comparing God in the Old and New Testaments? In Patriarchs and Prophets, Ellen G. White gives an insightful commentary of events from the fall of Lucifer in Heaven through to the end of David’s reign over Israel. Over the course of 800 pages, she shows how throughout the ages that a conflict between right and wrong, truth and error has been played out through the lives ...more
Bonnie
If you're a current or former Seventh-day Adventist, you've definitely heard of Ellen White. Her influence in helping shape the Adventist Church was immense. And devout Adventists quote her often--for good or for ill. The Conflict of the Ages series is her foray into biblical history and commentary.

Some of the commentary is quite good, while other troubling parts of the Bible are skipped over completely. Not surprising, but very disappointing. I was really hoping for commentary on Deborah's judg
Yeshua
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the book Jacket:

Ellen Gould White (née Harmon; November 26, 1827 – July 16, 1915) was a prolific author and an American Christian pioneer. Along with other Sabbatarian Adventist leaders such as Joseph Bates and her husband James White, she formed what became known as the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Smithsonian magazine named Ellen G. White among 100 Most Significant Americans in an acknowledgement of her influence on religion.

☆☆☆☆☆

the conflict of the ages series

This explains in detail
Cynthia
This is the first book of the Ellen White's 5-volume "Conflict of the Ages" series (which concludes with the famous book "The Great Controversy"). I am endeavouring to reading the whole series over the course of this year.

For anyone who wants to become familiar with the Bible, this is a good place to get the low-down on the OT Bible stories in their chronology. Ellen White does a running commentary along with the telling of the various stories from Genesis through King David's reign. Like the r
Jacquelyn
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our weekly Bible study group is doing an in-depth, chapter-by-chapter study of the books of Genesis and Exodus, and "Patriarchs and Prophets" is a nice (optional) compliment to the study. The theme of the book is the great controversy of good verses evil, the Lord/God/Creator verses the fallen angel/Satan/Lucifer. It pays careful attention to the character of God, His love for fallen humanity in spite of their constant failings, and the ultimate plan to redeem them from sin.
Evelynn
This is such an inspiring book. It gives such depth to the stories we know so well, and insight that only could have been given by God. It's a Bible study in and of itself.

And now, onto the next book: Prophets and Kings!
Adam
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. One thing I really like is that it clears up many misconceptions people have towards the character of God (many look at Him in the Old Testament as a harsh judge who loves punishing the wicked -- this book proves otherwise)

I could go on about the great things in this book, but it's best you read it for yourself.
Jerry Mahn
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again working my way through the Conflict of the Ages series in my devotional reading. This book, which goes from before creation through the life of David, looks at the great themes of Scripture, such as creation and covenants, particularly covenants with Abraham and his ancestors.
Tari
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is powerful. Such life lessons to be found in its pages. Was continually amazed at how fickle God's people were...yet how willing God was to forgive and restore whenever they truly repented.
Eva Seyler
This is the second time I've read all the way through. Lots of things to provoke me to deeper thought. Thoroughly enjoyed, again.
Jason Lynch
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This, like all of Mrs. White's books, is a great commentary on the Bible.
Sydney Machokoto
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very helpful explanation of events of the Old Testament with an idea to shed more light more on the issue of Good and Evil. The author treats the events of the Pentateuch as real events with a significant historical impact. The style is very smooth to read and a good amount of scripture is utilized in the explanations.
Hawai Kuvai
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There probably isn't anybody around who hasn't wondered now and then where things came from. how did the universe begin? How did the world get here? Where and how did human beings get started? This book apart from Bible, is about the beginning of things. in fascinating, easy-to-understand language, it describes exactly how the planet Earth-and the people who live on it- began
Tami
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the title for the book isn't right. It should be changed to A Holy God or God Is Holy. Something like that. Because this book really opens your eyes to how Holy God is and how we as people are blinded to our own sin. It's a really good book and I would tell all my friends to read it. :)
Vuyani
Oct 23, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone longing to understand God
Recommended to Vuyani by: My spiritual father
Traces the root of life and what has influenced our current state. It is a well written and intruiging, readable commentary of Biblical record from Genesis to Kings. It really promotes one to go and read the Bible with broader insight.
Tamara Sam
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was always a goal of mine to read through the 5 main Spirit of Prophecy books. I've finally completed the first, and am on to the second. I used this as a companion to my bible study, with great success.
Caroline
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this book cover to cover, i must say that this has become one of my favourite books. It has already been three weeks since i finished and I am already making progress on the next book, Prophets and Kings. Every Christian should read this book!
Reby
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! It is like a history manual.It lead you through to better and fully understand Bible history and you read along. Is better to read it with the Bible so you can understand better what happened in the Old Testament.
Achieng Hamita
Plan of salvation. Good language. Good writer. We praise God.
Cole Frank
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read about the bible that covered from the creation account to David
Sabrina
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-topics
Amazing book on the events in the Old Testament up to the end of David's reign. I gain new insight in the biblical stories every time I read this book.
Jose Cardenas iii
Definitely helped me gain a better understanding of some of those first parts of the Bible, and Israel's history. I really like how theres practical lessons highlighted as well as you read through.
Barbara Beach
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book about the battle between good and evil.
Brandon Paul Ford
Top 5 books EVER

May be hard to grasp her style of writing, but this has been my favorite book other than the Bible. Read it! You will be blessed!
Robert A. L. Blake
An excellent study guide to the first several books of the Bible. She is truly a God-inspired writer.
Lydia
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have started this book a couple times but plan to finish it this time. Extremely good, makes the Bible even better.
Rikki
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank God for this book! I would never have understood the first part of the Bible without it. Everyone should read this!
Marc Rasell
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book shows how sin and evil originated. It is a powerful book tracing the lives of the Patriarchs.

• A Trip Into the Supernatural
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Yahweh's Chosen (Dahveed, #1)
  • Revelation of Jesus Christ: Commentary on the Book of Revelation
  • Re Entry
  • Hero Maker: Five Essential Practices for Leaders to Multiply Leaders
  • Dangerous Wonder: The Adventure of Childlike Faith
  • Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing
  • Meet Generation Z: Understanding and Reaching the New Post-Christian World
  • Muslims, Christians, and Jesus: Gaining Understanding and Building Relationships
  • The Letter to the Romans
  • Welcome to Addy's World · 1864: Growing Up During America's Civil War (The American Girls Collection)
  • Vinegar Boy: Encounter Christ Through the Dramatic Story of Vinegar Boy
  • Principles of Economics
  • Changing Tides (A Gates Family Mystery, #1)
  • Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross
  • Story of Jonah
  • Russia at War: 1941-1945
In brief, Ellen Gould Harmon White was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manusc ...more
“We are all woven together in the great web of humanity, and whatever we can do to benefit and uplift others will reflect in blessing upon ourselves.” 15 likes
“Before there could be any permanent reformation the people must be led to feel their utter inability in themselves to render obedience to God.” 11 likes