Start by marking “Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires” as Want to Read:
Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires

Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires

Do you like the traditional, blood-sucking, dangerous type of vampire? Then this story collection is for you.

Ten authors have created creepy, chilling, funny, thought-provoking and scary stories about dark suckers.

Are vampires to be pitied for their vulnerabilities, or envied for their powers? How do we know who is a vampire? How do we know what vam
Published February 15th 2012 by Scimitar Press

To ask other readers questions about Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bites

Start your review of Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires
Paula
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been intrigued by undead, mythological, and sea creatures. The stories in this collection explore the different beliefs surrounding one of the undead creatures, vampires. Vampires as we know them have been around for almost 200 years. In that time a lot of superstitions and beliefs have come and gone. Some that have endured are explored in ten short stories are written by the talented authors; April Grey, Douglas Kolacki, Carole Ann Moleti, Debbie Christiana, Pamela Turner, Liv Ran ...more
Ravenz Reviews
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bites is ten different stories written by ten different authors. Each author has taken their own individual views on vampires and created this fun and entertaining anothology.

First up:

Tangled Dreams
by Liv Rancourt
(mysterious)

Choir chick, Allie, meets a mysterious and very handsome man, Roderick, after choir practice one night and after an amusing conversation about the choice of music, the pair agree to a dinner date. Allie's sister Renee imposes herself on their
Heathyre
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heathyre by: Tomoson
If I could just be clear on one thing...Vampires DO NOT sparkle in the daylight! Now that I've gotten that off of my chest, if you like the traditional, blood-sucking, dangerous type of vampire then this anthology is for you. Once again, Rayne Hall has strung together a collection of vampire stories written by ten authors who each have their own creepy, chilling, funny, thought-provoking and scary stories about the undead.

Are vampires to be pitied for their vulnerabilities, or envied
Worn
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All vampire genre fans
This collection is a fantastic collection of vampire stories. The stories are long enough so as to feel complete but, at the same time, short enough to finish in one sitting. This is an important feature in a book for me right now; with a toddler who likes to get into stuff when you're not looking, it makes reading a book possible.

Vampires are supposed to be scary, dangerous and non-glittery. That's right Twilight fans, vampires do not glitter in the sunlight. They die or at least st
Melanie
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this item for free in exchange for an honest review from Amazon.com.

I absolutely love some of the stories in Bites, and I'll be looking for more work from some of the authors once my reading list is shorter. There are a few stories here which I absolutely love. This is definitely a fantastic collection of stories for the avid vampire fanatic such as myself.

Tangled dreams - enjoyed this one very much. Kept me on the edge of my seat, didn't want to stop reading. Excellent.<
Sara Florida
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Bites" is a vampire short story collection and just like its title, you can read it in bites, meaning a story at a time. Rayne Hall, the editor of the vampire tale anthology, is also one of the writers featured. Just the description to her story made me feel a sense of dread: "The train is about to enter a tunnel - and vampires are on board." You can tell from the edited collection of stories that she has a special affinity for the vampire story genre. What I found really interesting about the ...more
Nicole Fraley
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of 10 different tales of vampires by different authors. The different authors each portray their own version of vampires in each story. I find this extremely intriguing because it just opens your mind to the variety of ways vampires can be besides the stereotypical blood-sucking daylight fearing night crawlers.

Rayne Hall's Night Train and Tangled Dreams by Liv Rancourt were my favorites in this collection. They are suspenseful and fast paced, thrilling and captiv
Slawka
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
/I received the book for free through First Reads/

It is always difficult to review an anthology of short stories written by different authors. I first gave stars to each story separetely and what you see up is the media.

Some of the stories were amazing, others a bit disappointing. In general, I believe everyone can find «their kind of story» in this book.

My favourite were deffinitely 'Tangled Dreams' by Liv Rancourt, 'Reality Bites' by Jim Bernheimer, 'Night Train' by Rayne Hall an
Megan Strong
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bites: Ten Tales Of Vampires is a collection of assorted Vampire tales. Each tale uses different versions of vampire lore so not all stories feature the same sorts of vampires. All of these stories are well written and enjoyable in their own way. Some are great the way they are as short stories. Others seem like they would be better as full stories (which is not a bad thing) perhaps with some encouragement these authors will develop their stories further. Overall it is a very interesting set of ...more
Celia Breslin
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a huge fan of vampire fiction, it was with great pleasure that I devoured this anthology of vampire short stories. Each tale is well written and unique. The excellent world building in two stories -- “Tangled Dreams” (choir geeks - great concept) by Liv Rancourt and “The Dhampir’s Kiss” by Carole Ann Moleti -- made me wish they were novels. I wanted to know what would happen next in their respective worlds. My absolute favorite of the ten is “The Land of the Rising Sun,” by Debbie Christiana, ...more
Jeff Dawson
Nothing but more love (blah) stories with the exception of two.

The majority of the stories were more of women falling in love with the creatures of the night. I’m sure the Twilight gang will love them. I should have known the cover. Believe it should be rethought.

To be honest, when I realized a story was just another one where a woman was fawning over a creature of the night, it was skipped.

However, there were two that stood out: “Night Train,” by Rayne Hall and “Land of the Rising Sun,” by D
Heather
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I loved about this collection was the variety, how different each story is, the different approaches to vampires, and the unique mythologies created by the authors. There were a few stories that I found somewhat confusing and others that I would have loved to seen more drawn out but overall, this book is a definite win!

These are well written, intriguing tales, and I recommend this book to anyone that loves a good story; especially those that love vampires!

Please check out our FULL review
Yvonne
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous collection of vampire stories by extremely talented authors. What I liked most about this collection is how different each author approached the concept of their vampire in the story. Just when you think how the story will end, you get quite a shock. I love reading stories where you cannot predict the ending. Each story is fast paced and has intriguing characters that you wanted to know more about.

I cannot choose just one tale as my favorite. I was totally engrossed in all of
Carol Mcdonald
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given the opportunity to read and review this book. This is a fantastic collection of vampire stories by talented authors. What I liked most about this collection is how different each author approached the view of their vampire in the story they were not all the same. I cannot just choose one story, I liked a few more than others but they are all really great reads. I enjoyed each one and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a traditional vampire story. I love all the stories of ...more
Shawnda Fortenbaugh
I really enjoyed reading this book. Out of all the stories, my two favorites were "Night Train" and "Why I Won't Read Song of Solomon." These stories were long enough to have a plot, but short enough to get to the point. I, like another reviewer, would love for some of these stories to be full-length books.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. See the full review at All In A Day's Kitchen.
Brenda
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love vampire stories and thought this was an interesting mix of vampire tales. My most favorite stories out of this series was the 1st story Tangled Dreams by Liv Rancourt and the 4th story Winter Flower by Jonathan Broughton. These two were my favorites because of the great detail in the characters and story lines. The book as a while is good because it has different types of vampirism. Not just blood drinkers.

I received a copy of this book for review.
Crystal
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! As an avid reader of everything. Including vampires. I really enjoyed reading this. In fact when I found out that some of the stories were in other books. I am going to be looking up those books to get them. If your a fan of paranormal, vampires. Then you should definitely get this!
P.S. Winn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the short stories in this novel. The different authors seemed to blend well and the tales are definitely interesting. I did like some more than others, but all in all this was a great read and the combined works of the authors are entitled to a five star review.
Angela Brooks
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. recommended.
Collin Visser
Nice to have different perspectives on the vampire mythology.
Fun read.
Cami
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love the short stories

I enjoyed the way the tales draw you in so you can't wait for the next one! I will be looking for full novels by these authors. free download
Delta
Apr 16, 2013
Ted
Oct 30, 2015
April
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 26, 2015
Nashia
Jan 03, 2016
Cora Ramos
May 12, 2012
Bill
Jan 30, 2014
Rayne Hall writes fantasy and horror fiction, some of it quirky, most of it dark. She is the author of over sixty books in different genres and under different pen names, published by twelve publishers in six countries, translated into several languages. Her short stories have been published in magazines, e-zines and anthologies.

After living in Germany, China, Mongolia and Nepal, she h
“For the sight of him inflicted such strange tremors in my mind and body that I reacted as a tender shoot must at the first touch of the sun’s rays, as it awakens to a joyful beginning.” 0 likes