Start by marking “The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat” as Want to Read:
The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat

The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  1,016 Ratings  ·  177 Reviews
In a world filled with inspirational know-it-alls and quotable blowhards, only one figure is indifferent enough to tell the cranky truth: Grumpy Cat. Following the success of her New York Times bestselling debut, everyone's favorite disgruntled feline is back with this demotivational guide to everyday life, love, friendship, and more. Featuring many new photos of Grumpy Ca ...more
Published August 5th 2014 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Grumpy Guide to Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grumpy Guide to Life

Kristina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely hilarious! He's definitely my new role model who specialises in proper demotivation :D

So cute! So sassy! :D
Marc-Antoine
Aug 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor
The reason bookstores exist is so you can look through this book and not buy it. Damn you, online shopping!
Kastiel ~luxemburgers~
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one of the funniest things Ive read! Grumpy cat’s grumpiness find a way to brighten my day somehow. I dont get how that happens but it does.
Temi Panayotova
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
image
Mary
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another book I gave to my sister and loved.
Ivy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This book was very funny. Don't think you should listen to Grumpy Cat though. Unless you are a grump.
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Grumpy Cat is actually a female adorable cat named Tardar Sauce who was born with a perpetual frown.
My favorite Grumpy Wisdoms from this book include:
(view spoiler)
Monica
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Pictures and quick one liners guide us through Grumpy Cat's advice guide.

While not as funny as the first book, some observations may be considered overdone or even a tad depressing, the book continues the spirit of grumpiness.

Overall, a cute read.
Tamara
Meh. Not nearly as funny as some of the memes I've seen making the rounds on the internets.

Favorite Quote

If at first you don't succeed, good.
Beka
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Just what I needed for a great read.
Shaida Hossein
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Definitely not as funny as the memes I have seen on Pinterest. Recommend just flipping through it quickly when you are at a bookstore and not purchasing it.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
"It's not whether you win or lose it's how you refuse to participate". I love this cat!
Lisa Lou
May 04, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-read
My favorite guideline:
Make other people's business your business.
How else will they know that you're right and they're wrong?
Margo
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
As much as I love Grumpy Cat, I think they've finally run out of funny ideas.
Jessica
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute, witty, and quirky!
Fruitloopz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love it because grumpy tells the opposit of what your a spouse to do and it's a fun little book to read for fun
NCPL Teenzone
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
If you like Grumpy Cat, you will probably enjoy this small, short, funny volume. It is a collection of memes and/or short pessimistic observations. If you like cats in general or just GK's face, you should enjoy it.
Natalie
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This tiny little book of advice from Grumpy Cat herself is just awesome. I'm actually thinking of applying her advice to my life. Grumpy Cat is that awesome. This book is filled with great humor and good advice if you love the style of just not caring about everyone around you.
Jeannie
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Traditional advice with a Grumpy Cat spin that will put a smile on your face - even if you don't ultimately heed this grouch's words of wisdom.
Kitty Golden
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This was so funny and I like to read through it as it makes me laugh so much. I love the whole grumpy cat meme so this was great for me personally.
Mika
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a funny and hilarious read.
Tayler K
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Full of maxims only Grumpy Cat could give. Lots of great pictures, some expressing general grumpiness and some poking fun at motivational posters. The style doesn't lend itself to reading in succession though; this would be great as a page-a-day type thing.
Donna Luu
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The best advice? Stop, drop, and roll your eyes. GC's comments about dogs is hilariously simple: No, No, and No.
Zoekeller46
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I think Grumpy Cat has this life thing right
HBE Katholi
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING

I thought this book was hilarious because of all the jokes in it. This book was like the cat owned this personality!!!!!!!!😄
Rebecca
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was really funny, and made me look at negativity a kind of funny way. ( not that it is a good thing to be negative )
Stephen Newell
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Funny, in a kind of depressing way......
Linda G
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Most of the sayings seemed forced.
Connor Foster-Nesbit
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all people.
Shelves: life, outdoor-play
grumpy cat is my favourite, I have read this novel over 10 times in one year!
even though grumpy cat can not read and write (the cat) I love his popularity.
Lake County Public Library Indiana
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Very easy read and cute.

-- Anonymous staff member
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)
  • Guys Can Be Cat Ladies Too
  • Henri, le Chat Noir: The Existential Musings of an Angst-Filled Cat
  • Dog Shaming
  • Shake
  • Some Very Interesting Cats Perhaps You Weren't Aware Of
  • How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity: A Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • My Old Dog: Rescued Pets with Remarkable Second Acts
  • Yesh! - Mutts IV
  • The Big New Yorker Book of Cats
  • Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From a Little Golden Book
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Cats: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about our Feline Family Members
  • Old Dogs Are the Best Dogs
  • Metal Cats
  • Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!)
  • Comic Genius: Portraits of Funny People
Grumpy Cat (born April 4, 2012), real name Tardar Sauce, is a female cat and Internet celebrity known for her grumpy facial expression.
Her owner Tabatha Bundesen says that her permanently grumpy-looking face is due to feline dwarfism.
More about Grumpy Cat...