Start by marking “The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat (Grumpy Cat Book, Cat Gifts for Cat Lovers, Crazy Cat Lady Gifts)” as Want to Read:

In a world filled with inspirational know-it-alls and quotable blowhards, only one figure is indifferent enough to tell the cranky truth: Grumpy Cat. Following the success of her New York Times bestselling debut, everyone's favorite disgruntled feline is back with this demotivational guide to everyday life, love, friendship, and more. Featuring many new photos of Grumpy Ca ...more
Published August 5th 2014 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Grumpy Guide to Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grumpy Guide to Life

Start your review of The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat (Grumpy Cat Book, Cat Gifts for Cat Lovers, Crazy Cat Lady Gifts)
Kristina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely hilarious! He's definitely my new role model who specialises in proper demotivation :D

So cute! So sassy! :D
Marc-Antoine
Aug 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor
The reason bookstores exist is so you can look through this book and not buy it. Damn you, online shopping!
Mary
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another book I gave to my sister and loved.
Gina
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another great installment in her quest to make the world a grumpier place.
Monica
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Pictures and quick one liners guide us through Grumpy Cat's advice guide.

While not as funny as the first book, some observations may be considered overdone or even a tad depressing, the book continues the spirit of grumpiness.

Overall, a cute read.
Jess the Shelf-Declared Bibliophile
Cute, witty, and quirky!
Tamara
Meh. Not nearly as funny as some of the memes I've seen making the rounds on the internets.

Favorite Quote

If at first you don't succeed, good.
Shaida Hossein
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Definitely not as funny as the memes I have seen on Pinterest. Recommend just flipping through it quickly when you are at a bookstore and not purchasing it.
Nik
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
As much as I love Grumpy Cat, I think they've finally run out of funny ideas.
Beka
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Just what I needed for a great read.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
"It's not whether you win or lose it's how you refuse to participate". I love this cat!
Lisa Lou
May 04, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-read
My favorite guideline:
Make other people's business your business.
How else will they know that you're right and they're wrong?
Jodi Geever
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so cute--especially if you're an extrovert trying to commune with your inner grump.

The book is full of grumpy aphorisms for a life of grumpy failure. My favorite among these was "reading is just like watching t.v. except excruciatingly slow and mind-numbingly boring" (LOL!)

Close runners up include: You can never go home again--because I changed the locks! and Memories warm the heart--especially when they're used as kindling.

The book is also brimming with pictures of Grumpy Cat--a
Vanessa Pätzold
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this book is everything you need - i love it so much!!!
Don
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a book of lighthearted yet cranky quotes from grumpy cat. It was a fun short read.
Carol
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
How refreshing to find someone who is not afraid to say what he feels, even though it is all negative. Cute.
Kristina Wise
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
Delightfully grumpy! Don't believe me? Fine. I don't care. Go away!
Michelle Athy
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
HILARIOUS

Grumpy Cat is, truly, grumpier than anybody I know and this little book of Grumpy Cat's observations is truly inspired. And hilarious. And some of it is definitely terribly truthful.
Sonya
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny but probably also the way some people actually look at life....I think I know a few!
Grace Yoder
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good advice for social distancing.
Fruitloopz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love it because grumpy tells the opposit of what your a spouse to do and it's a fun little book to read for fun
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Grumpy Cat is actually a female adorable cat named Tardar Sauce who was born with a perpetual frown.
My favorite Grumpy Wisdoms from this book include:
(view spoiler)
Kate
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, animals
This was a pretty fun read. It's funny if you're really into grumpy cat and if you are a sarcastic person. Although some parts were funny, I think you can easily find funnier memes online of grumpy cat. I liked it since it's a short read just meant to be fun and not taken too seriously. Also they have really nice pictures in here so that's a plus.

Edit: May, 2019. RIP Tartar Sauce aka the Grumpy Cat. She died due to urinary tract infection complications. May you live on in cat Heaven and may the
Jeannie
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Traditional advice with a Grumpy Cat spin that will put a smile on your face - even if you don't ultimately heed this grouch's words of wisdom.
Kitty Golden
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This was so funny and I like to read through it as it makes me laugh so much. I love the whole grumpy cat meme so this was great for me personally.
Ivy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This book was very funny. Don't think you should listen to Grumpy Cat though. Unless you are a grump.
tony dillard jr
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I have ever said it in this blog, but I have gone on record as to have said 'I miss Grumpy Cat.' I also miss L'il Bub. Last year, both beloved feline icons died. And it seems like the world has just gone to heck without them.

That's why I am so glad that I found this cute little book devoted to the wit, wisdom and irritation of Grumpy Cat (AKA Tartar Sauce.)

Having crippling social anxiety and Reynaud's Syndrome, I can relate to Grumpy in terms of not desiring to being around peop
Tayler K
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Full of maxims only Grumpy Cat could give. Lots of great pictures, some expressing general grumpiness and some poking fun at motivational posters. The style doesn't lend itself to reading in succession though; this would be great as a page-a-day type thing.
Rebecca
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was really funny, and made me look at negativity a kind of funny way. ( not that it is a good thing to be negative )
Connor Foster-Nesbit
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all people.
Shelves: life, outdoor-play
grumpy cat is my favourite, I have read this novel over 10 times in one year!
even though grumpy cat can not read and write (the cat) I love his popularity.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• I Could Pee on This  Too: And More Poems by More Cats (Poetry Book for Cat Lovers, Cat Humor Books, Funny Gift Book)
  • The Little Grumpy Cat that Wouldn't (Grumpy Cat) (Little Golden Book)
  • I Could Pee On This: And Other Poems By Cats
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens (Funny Book About Cats, Cat Poems, Animal Book)
  • How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
  • Guinness World Records 2018: Meet Our Real-Life Superheroes
  • Wildlife Preserves
  • How to Speak Dog: A Guide to Decoding Dog Language
  • Live or Die?  Survival Challenge
  • Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)
  • The Young Black Stallion (Black Stallion)
  • Loser
  • Why Everything You Know is Wrong
  • dumb crooks hall of shame
Grumpy Cat (born April 4, 2012), real name Tardar Sauce, is a female cat and Internet celebrity known for her grumpy facial expression.
Her owner Tabatha Bundesen says that her permanently grumpy-looking face is due to feline dwarfism.

News & Interviews

“No one ever tries to hug you when you're a cactus.
How did they get so lucky?”
2 likes