Start by marking “The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat” as Want to Read:
The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat

The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat

In a world filled with inspirational know-it-alls and quotable blowhards, only one figure is indifferent enough to tell the cranky truth: Grumpy Cat. Following the success of her New York Times bestselling debut, everyone's favorite disgruntled feline is back with this demotivational guide to everyday life, love, friendship, and more. Featuring many new photos of Grumpy Ca ...more
Published August 5th 2014 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Grumpy Guide to Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grumpy Guide to Life

Marc-Antoine
Aug 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor
The reason bookstores exist is so you can look through this book and not buy it. Damn you, online shopping!
Kristina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely hilarious! He's definitely my new role model who specialises in proper demotivation :D

So cute! So sassy! :D
Temi Panayotova
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
image
Mary
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another book I gave to my sister and loved.
Austra
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour
“When writing you own life story, be the villain.”

Noteikti esmu lasījusi sliktākas grāmatas.

“Strangers are just enemies you haven't met yet.”
Monica
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Pictures and quick one liners guide us through Grumpy Cat's advice guide.

While not as funny as the first book, some observations may be considered overdone or even a tad depressing, the book continues the spirit of grumpiness.

Overall, a cute read.
Tamara
Meh. Not nearly as funny as some of the memes I've seen making the rounds on the internets.

Favorite Quote

If at first you don't succeed, good.
Beka
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Just what I needed for a great read.
Shaida Hossein
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Definitely not as funny as the memes I have seen on Pinterest. Recommend just flipping through it quickly when you are at a bookstore and not purchasing it.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
"It's not whether you win or lose it's how you refuse to participate". I love this cat!
Lisa Lou
May 04, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-read
My favorite guideline:
Make other people's business your business.
How else will they know that you're right and they're wrong?
Margo
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
As much as I love Grumpy Cat, I think they've finally run out of funny ideas.
Jessica
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute, witty, and quirky!
Trisha
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-2020, humor
Wie kent hem niet de kat met zijn snoet op onweer?
Nu is er een boek uit met zijn observaties van het leven en tips om het leven normaal en zonder veel heisa door te komen.
Trek je vooral niets aan van anderen en leidt je leven zoals jij dat wilt. Dat lijkt Crumpy Cat eigenlijk te zeggen.

Ik wist niets van het bestaan van deze boekjes af, maar ik moet zeggen dat het ontzettend leuk is om te lezen. Deze humor is mij wel op het lijf geschreven en misschien leer ik hier ook nog wel wat van.
Vanessa Pätzold
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this book is everything you need - i love it so much!!!
Don
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a book of lighthearted yet cranky quotes from grumpy cat. It was a fun short read.
Fruitloopz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love it because grumpy tells the opposit of what your a spouse to do and it's a fun little book to read for fun
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Grumpy Cat is actually a female adorable cat named Tardar Sauce who was born with a perpetual frown.
My favorite Grumpy Wisdoms from this book include:
(view spoiler)
NCPL Teenzone
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
If you like Grumpy Cat, you will probably enjoy this small, short, funny volume. It is a collection of memes and/or short pessimistic observations. If you like cats in general or just GK's face, you should enjoy it.
Jeannie
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Traditional advice with a Grumpy Cat spin that will put a smile on your face - even if you don't ultimately heed this grouch's words of wisdom.
Kitty Golden
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This was so funny and I like to read through it as it makes me laugh so much. I love the whole grumpy cat meme so this was great for me personally.
Mika
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a funny and hilarious read.
Ivy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This book was very funny. Don't think you should listen to Grumpy Cat though. Unless you are a grump.
Tayler K
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Full of maxims only Grumpy Cat could give. Lots of great pictures, some expressing general grumpiness and some poking fun at motivational posters. The style doesn't lend itself to reading in succession though; this would be great as a page-a-day type thing.
Donna Luu
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The best advice? Stop, drop, and roll your eyes. GC's comments about dogs is hilariously simple: No, No, and No.
Jenn
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like seeing pictures of Grumpy Cat and the notes made me chuckle! Glad I borrowed it from the library!
Christian
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are an obsrevant person, then this book would be good for you. This book will help you see the negative, garbage side of life. AKA school, SEVEN CRUEL HOURS OF OUR LIVES. 😂
Zoekeller46
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I think Grumpy Cat has this life thing right
Helen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, cats, humor
If you are feeling sick to your stomach when you read this book, you can really relate to Grumpy Cat's sentiments!
Jasleen Kaur
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A 3.5 from me for this one. This was too quick. I was enjoying it too much. 😁
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)
  • Guys Can Be Cat Ladies Too
  • Henri, le Chat Noir: The Existential Musings of an Angst-Filled Cat
  • Dog Shaming
  • Shake
  • Some Very Interesting Cats Perhaps You Weren't Aware Of
  • How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity: A Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • My Old Dog: Rescued Pets with Remarkable Second Acts
  • Yesh! - Mutts IV
  • The Big New Yorker Book of Cats
  • Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From a Little Golden Book
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Cats: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about our Feline Family Members
  • Old Dogs Are the Best Dogs
  • Metal Cats
  • Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!)
  • Comic Genius: Portraits of Funny People
Grumpy Cat (born April 4, 2012), real name Tardar Sauce, is a female cat and Internet celebrity known for her grumpy facial expression.
Her owner Tabatha Bundesen says that her permanently grumpy-looking face is due to feline dwarfism.