Start by marking “Dexter Down Under (Dexter Down Under #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Dexter Down Under (Dexter Down Under #1-5)

Dexter Down Under

(Dexter Down Under)

Dexter returns in an all-new, all-Australian, blood-soaked adventure written by his creator, Jeff Lindsay! Dexter Morgan isn't just Miami's #1 forensic blood splatter expert...he's also a serial killer who targets other serial killers! But when Dexter travels down under, he quickly discovers that sharks aren't Australia's only deadly predator! Who is setting up illegal hun ...more
Published August 19th 2014 by Marvel (first published February 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dexter Down Under, please sign up.
Kyle Cheuvront It's 5 very thin comics that you can read within an hour

Gavin
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, crime-mystery
Do you like Dexter? Then don't read this.

Do you know ANYTHING about Australia? Then don't read this.

Are you Australian? PLEASE don't read this.

Do you have a brain? Well you can probably guess what follows...

I like Fosters, Koala bears are nifty MATE! Lets blow digeridoos at Ayers Rock after we be racists!

Apparently all Australia is is drunks and racists...who talk funny and drive weird...

Jeff Lindsay, that was the laziest attempt at cashing in on your famous character yet...also WAYY creepy ince
Amber
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dexter Morgan is Miami PD's best blood splatter analyst that has helped them solve murders. When his book is found in Australia and they ask him for his expertise, Dexter goes to the land down under. Will he be able to help them solve the murder they have there? Read and find out for yourself.

I am a fan of the Showtime show Dexter and it was awesome to read a story about him going in Australia. If you enjoy Dexter, definitely check this out for yourself. It is available wherever graphic novels a
Leo
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was a big fan of the TV show on the first seasons but it ended up becoming such a disaster that I had lost my love for the Miami blood spatter analyst by day, serial killer by night. And the fact that I didn't find much substance in the books didn't help either, so, usually I would had pass up on yet another Dexter related story. But I love Australia ergo I decided to gave it a try. And I have to say I love to be proven wrong, this is a really good Dexter story.
Dexter is send to Canberra to h
Devann
Just awful. I mean ...first of all do you seriously expect me to believe that Dexter randomly wrote some forensics book that like 50 people read and one of them was someone in Australia who now wants him to come consult on a crime scene? Really? Add in the sub-par, generic 'hunting humans' storyline, and Dexter just randomly deciding to sleep with the female police officer he is working with several times and this whole thing is just a mess. I can't quite bring myself to give it one star, but it ...more
Dan
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Seemed too rushed with not really enough time to properly develop a decent story....5 issues??? Not to mention it didn't really feel like a Dexter story. Yea nice try, but don't make another Dexter comic.
Gregory Baird
The story of Dexter Morgan, a serial killer who covers his tracks working for Miami PD and who lives by as strict a moral code a serial killer can have, should have lent itself pretty well to a graphic novel format. Even though I despised the way the regular Dexter series went off the rails I found myself too curious to pass by when I discovered this in a used bookstore.

Well, it doesn't work as executed here. Everything in this graphic novel is in the lazy mode Lindsay adopted in the later Dexte
Autumn
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully drawn. You get the feel of beauty of the world and death especially the glimpse of the dark passenger, in the drawings just as a fan of Dexter would want. The story moves fast and is entertaining.
Steven Shinder
Feb 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Charm Santarin
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I've been a fan of the series and when I found out that they also released a graphic novel, I immediately looked for it to save me from my dexter hunger after the series ended. The story is so so. The other girl from Australia is annoying, there's always a word "bast@rd" in her every sentence. It feels so rushed, trying so hard to cash in with the successful series. I wish they wrote it on a different way like focusing on how dexter follows his code or a new serial killer on the loose that he ne ...more
Joseph Gagnon
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
Wow, has it been a while, or has it been a while since I've been in the universe of Dexter Morgan? Haha. Not that you would know. That was my pre-commentary days. I read the first book. Watched the first few seasons of the show. I want to eventually read more of the books, but I thought this would do just dandy right about now. Boy was I ever right.

Dexter is as awkward, but likable as ever. Not the man you would suspect of anything dark. There is no hack/slash in this issue ... at least on Dexte
Lisette Robey
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Terrible and very funny all at once. I can hear that awful American accent trying an Aussie one as I read. Very funny to find Canberra has kangaroos hopping through the streets, is on the Beach and close to The Great Oceam Road! Jeff and Dalibor clearly didn't do much research.
Kyle Cheuvront
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found this series at the Nashville Comic Con and figured it'd be worth picking up and enjoying. It turned out to be very underwhelming. I was a huge fan of the TV show (even though the final season was a huge let down) and have read and enjoyed all the novels. But, this 5 part story felt very lacking to me and barely had any of the classic Dexter elements he's known for. Basically if you never watched the TV show or read any of the novels, you would really have almost no clue that he was a ser ...more
Stephanie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is beautifully illustrated and mostly fits with the Dexter character from the books more so than the tv show. There are illustrations that allude to the dark passenger (both Dexter ' s and that of the bad guy). I feel like it is a bit of a prequel since it doesn't mention Rita or the kids, but he does talk about Deb like she is already a detective, not just working vice like at the beginning of the book series and television series. Although Deb isn't in the book, Dexter meets an Australian ...more
MysteriousPanda
Oh man, what to say. This was terrible. Awful. Skip it! The series resembles Dexter pretty much in name only. Dexter was very out of character - I don't recall him even murdering anyone. And the Australian stereotypes... don't even get me started. There were more Aussie clichés in this than there were in Crocodile Dundee, and that is saying something!

Do yourself a favour and remember the good old days of Dexter by reading the original novels and watching the TV show and by pretending this graph
Scott
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A fun story about our favourite serial killer. I enjoyed this 5 part comic series which follows Dexter on his journey in Australia. Each comic leaves you with a bit of a cliffhanger wanting you to keep reading the next one. Hope to read more of the Dexter comics in the future.
Judy
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
A fun read with our favorite friendly serial killer.
Mary Drennan
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was okay, but you really have to get the entire series for it to be worthwhile.
Mohammad AlEidi
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Wasn't too bad, wasn't that awesome. Good for killing some time.
Teresa
I loved the first 5 comics in this series, so I'm totally stoked to see Dexter down under. I anticipate it to be just as good as the first arc...
Harry Lawrence
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, comics-and-gns
Great little Dexter story, big improvement over the first graphic novel series. I especially liked the way the way the Dark Passenger was presented in this one.
Chris
Aug 21, 2014 added it
Pretty good as a PG-13 graphic novel. Some murder and mayhem, a little sex. If you're a fan of Dexter, you'll like it.
Rebecca
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
What a disappointment. If you enjoyed Dexter as a show, stay away from this mini series.
Suzanne
Apr 23, 2015
Mr. Coffinbox
Jul 18, 2019
Pat
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2018

• Adventures of Dr. McNinja: Night Powers
  • Forever Evil: Blight
  • Harley Quinn (2013- ) #9
  • Hellblazer, Volume 7: Tainted Love
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me! (Simon's Cat, #3.5)
  • A-Babies vs. X-Babies #1
  • Robyn Hood, Volume One
  • Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Batman
  • The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis
  • Scary People
  • Ocean of Lard
  • Angela: Asgard's Assassin: Priceless
  • Hellblazer, Volume 3: The Fear Machine
  • Minions Volume 1: Banana!
  • Rot & Ruin Warrior Smart #1 (#1 of 5)
  • The Cannibals of Candyland
Jeff Lindsay lives in Florida with his wife, author Hilary Hemingway, daughter of Leicester Hemingway, Ernest Hemingway's brother.

Lindsay is best known for writing the Dexter series of novels. Several of his earlier published works include his wife as a co-author.

Jeff graduated from Middlebury College, Vermont, in 1975, and Celebration Mime Theatre's Clown School the same year. He received a doub

Dexter Down Under (6 books)
  • Dexter Down Under #1