Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11)

Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto #11)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  16,301 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Now preparing for the finals of the Chūnin Selection Exams, Naruto studies with naughty new mentor Jiraiya and struggles to harness the power of the Nine-Tailed Fox chakra locked within him. Meanwhile, other ninja villages are forming secret alliances against Konohagakure...
Published September 5th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2002)

Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm not surprised at all that this is ranked number one manga. I follow the chapters weekly and have read them all so I didn't feel like adding them all.

Naruto Uzumaki is the best main character, in my opinion. I feel like I might die a little when the series is finally over. There are so many plot twists and powers and personalities, and the background artwork is nice.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yeah that moment with Gaara and Rock Lee and Naruto and Shikamaru, a little creepy. But the tone during that was good. Them crazy eyes. Anyway, another good volume.
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas-comics
El primer encuentro de Jiraiya/Ero-Sennin y Naruto y el logro de la invocación de Gamabunta, una tormenta de emociones. Y ESA TAPA<3
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Training and a time of discovery before the final matches begin, and the introduction of the Pervy Sage. Naruto really lucked out, even if he generally has no clue. It's also always a joy to mess with Kurama.
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume showed the aftermath of the preliminaries and the period of one month of rest before the main round starts. Behind the all friendly chunin exam, a plot is brewing and it is to destroy the hidden leaf village. Hidden sand village ninjas along with Gaara were seen dangerous before but they are now becoming an enemy to the hidden leaf. Their alliance with Orochimaru is is revealed in this volume.

This volume is important because it reveals a new character, Jiraya, who takes the charge of
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now this volume is a little of a slow burn, it goes through the whole month wait and ends with the beginning of the Finals of the Chunin Selection Exams. We are also introduced to one of my all time favorite characters, Jiraiya (I know I have a lot of favorite characters). This volume is really important though because it sets and weaves together so many plot points to come in the upcoming volumes!!
Leighann Higgins
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
GUH I FORGOT HOW MUCH OF A PAIN OROCHIMARU IS. He literally ruins Sasuke and everything good. Jiraya was introduced first I this volume but I'm much more excited to meet Tsunade. SHE TURNS SAKURA INTO A BAMF.

Also I'm feeling the NarutoxHinata vibes like never before???
Paulina Beltran
Jun 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
All hail the great pervy sage
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Buon volume di transizione che può vantare l'esordio di Jiraya e dare il là all'importante rapporto che si verrà a creare fra alunno e maestro.
Poco altro da segnalare.
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enter Jirayia sensei! <3
I think out of the three senins, he's my favorite.

Naurto knows more about himself, and we know more about him and Gaara. It's interesting to see how Naruto might've ended if he didn't receive some love. I have to admit that knowing how 80% of how the characters end up, makes it amusing/devastating seeing them now.
Nahiyan Asadullah
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Many, on the face of it, may not realize it. But Naruto manga, in general, has a lot of deep.....deep lessons in it.

While it is very silly and comical at times, one simply cannot ignore the deep philosophical ideas interspersed in it.

For example, think about Hinata.

Before Naruto goes out to face Neji in the first match of chunin selection exam, he sees Hinata hiding behind a tree, and has a conversation with her. Right there, Hinata gives him some lessons which Naruto never thought about.

May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
The huge frog part is hilarious
Adalira Morningstar
"He had been sealed in a tea kettle."

Ahmad Sharabiani
Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto #11), Masashi Kishimoto
Gabriela Paige
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
GAARA!!! ACK!!! I am really fascinated by him. I hope to see some deep character development with him soon!
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is called Naruto. Naruto is a wonderful book, because many years ago, in the hidden Leaf village of Konoha, lived a great demon fox. It was called the nine tails fox. The fourth hokage sealed this demon fox inside naruto in exchange for his own life. Naruto was that boy, and he grew up with no family, and the villagers hated naruto. Thinking that naruto was the demon fox who destroyed everything. Naruto's dream is to become Hokage of the hidden leaf village some day. Then some of the v ...more
This is a continuous from Naruto Volume 10. In this volume, the chunin exams has ended after an intense battle over Lee and Gaara with Gaara victorious and a very bad injury for Lee. Naruto decides to take a break from testing and goes on a mini break, while there, he learned how to control his flow of Chakra to his feet and walk on water. He failed many times, and so he finally gave up and went to the hot springs to rest, while he was there he saw someone peeking into the women's hot springs, ...more
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Oscar  Leal
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 estrellas . Este tomo es un gran STOP de lo que veníamos viendo en el tomo 10.
Básicamente es un tomo de transición que se enfoca al entrenamiento de Naruto para la fase final del examen . Más que eso es la introducción a un personaje que seguramente dará de que hablar en los futuros tomos .

Se comienzan a cocinar ciertas teorías conspirativas , brindan información que afectará la historia después , se convertirá en un caos . Faltan personajes por llegar . Algunos están desaparecidos y no conoc
May 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
With the preliminanaries gone, students will have 1 month to train for the finals. Naruto then encounters Jiraya, a very pervy perv. However, his power is emense, si he decides to train with Jiraya. However, his training is much more than Naruto thought.........especially with his demon fox in him.

Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Compared to the last volume, this one kind of felt like an abrupt stop. The volume covered the month in between the preliminaries and the final test. It was alright though, because the training has to happen in order for Naruto to get stronger. Meanwhile, Kakashi is training Sasuke.

Basically, Naruto trains with Pervy Sage and learns how to utilize the Nine Tailed Fox's chakra at will. He and Shikamaru encounter Gaara in the hospital as he is trying to murder Lee. Gaara reveals that he is mentall
Oct 05, 2008 added it
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by:
This volume begins with Chapter 91: Disciple Application!?
After Ebisu-sensei is knocked out by a mysterious pervert, who introduces himself as Mt. Myobokugama's Holy Master Sennin, Jiraiya. Naruto makes him take over his training of water walking. This in and of itself is a big joke to me because the locals of where I live, completely boy-cotted this manga from their children. "Only Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior could walk on water!" Of course this only keeps me reading. Come and meet my favo
Nick Fagerlund
Aug 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
You know what Naruto has that I love? _Consequences._ The series has already killed off or crippled several mid-level players, and not many of them seemed marked for doom beforehand. This willingness to actually dish out some slings and arrows seems to be a major component in the skill of managing a huge-ass cast, but it's also just good for dramatic tension. (Yet another precious commodity that Bleach ran out of.)
James Dunphy
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting interlude volume between prelim fights and the Chunin selection finals. Naruto learns to control his chakra with Jiraya, while the plot against the Leaf Village thickens. Not the most action packed Naruto volume, but a vital one in terms of moving the story forward. The volume concludes with the finals of the Chunin selection opening round; Naruto vs Neji. A great cliffhanger. 3 stars. Another solid volume of ninja manga.
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
A pretty decent set up to the Chuunin exams. We have Gaara's backstory introduced and various other character developments. Shikamaru becomes a bit more fleshed out as well and Naruto really gets involved in this chapter, showing a surprising vulnerability that we all knew but admitting is something kind of spectacular.
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I think a lot of relationships strengthened in this one. Seeing Sakura so gentle and kind wasn't totally what I was expecting, and I loved that Naruto and Hinata are getting along. ^_^ (he doesn't see her as a total freak!) As for the pervy Just wow. And the toad summoning? Seriously? I'd want something kinda cool like a tiger! :)
Nicholas Lizardi
Naruto is a graphic novel about a boy who is neglected by his entire village and his attempts to be noticed by becoming a great ninja. Since Naruto is a ninja he deals with many serious issues such as: death, love, and friendship. Kishimoto does a great job at showing his fight scenes without making them confusing and keeping them exciting.
  • Bleach, Volume 14
  • One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wizard at Large (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
“The weaker you are the louder you bark.
“I think of you as a friend. I used to think "friend" was just another word... Nothing more, nothing less. But when I met you, I realized what was important was the word's meaning.” 267 likes