Start by marking “Fairies and Fireflies: Bedtime Stories” as Want to Read:
Fairies and Fireflies: Bedtime Stories

Read Book

Fairies and Fireflies: Bedtime Stories

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In the Wide, Wild Field, friendship is bigger than fear, and can be found in the unlikeliest of places.

A butterfly fairy gets a kitten, raids a beehive, and makes friends with a firefly. Urisk the brownie gets a new home, and finds help overcoming his fear of the dark. Fireflies learn that friends come in all shapes and sizes, and let you be who you really are.

This collect
Published December 31st 2013 by Wyrm Tales Press (first published December 29th 2013)

Francesca
Seconda preziosa antologia di storie della buonanotte per bambini di Becca Price, dopo il bellissimo Dragons and Dreams: Bedtime Stories.

In Fairies and Fireflies i protagonisti sono piccole creature magiche del bosco, come la deliziosa Butterfly-Fairy e i suoi gatti fatati (il Sunflower-Kitten e Willow), giovani e minuscole lucciole, Urisk il brownie (creatura del folklore popolare).

Le storie sono brevi ma complete e legate tra loro da tutte queste simpatiche e affascinanti creature incantate, c
Chicco Padovan
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Manca il tocco ironico di The grumpy dragon e A princess for tea, fiabe contenute nella precedente raccolta Dragons and dreams. Anche Fairies and fireflies, nondimeno, nel suo genere è un libro perfetto. Fiabe della buona notte dolcissime, scritte meravigliosamente e ricche di immagini suggestive. In questa nuova raccolta è la natura, con i suoi incanti e suoi piccoli pericoli, il nucleo attorno al quale gravitano tutte le storie – in questo i diversi racconti mi hanno ricordato vagamente Il ven ...more
DelAnne Frazee
E-Book ASIN: B00HOHMW0S
Pages: 35
Genre: Children's
Tags: Fiction

A collection of seven short stories about the fairies that live in The Wide Wild Field. You start off the first few stories about Butterfly Fairy and her desire for a kitten to love and cuddle. Using her magic she tries to make one. Learn what Butterfly Fairy must go through to try and get
Tintaglia
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, e-books
Un'altra incantevole raccolta dell'autrice di Dragons&dreams, uno dei libri più belli dell'anno passato: divertente e coccoloso, ricco a un tempo di spunti per sorrider e riflettere.
E quest'altra raccolta non è da meno, nonostante manchino i miei amatissimi draghi.
La scrittura è sempre notevole, curata e cristallina, ricca di suggestioni; ed è molto bella l'idea di legare le brevissime fiabe che la compongono l'una alle altre, in una catena leggera che compone, racconto dopo racconto, l'imma
Monica
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This collection of short stories, primarily involving Butterfly-Fairy, while geared toward younger readers may be enjoyed by multiple age groups.

There isn't a predominant theme to the stories other than that they all carry a sort of lighthearted feel and air. Perhaps it could be argued the stories are about acceptance and finding happiness in every day.

The narratives are light, quick and flow well.

Characters are light, simple yet heartfelt.

Overall, a cute read.
Heidi Garrett
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fairies & Fireflies is Becca Price's second boo of bedtime stories, the first being Dragons and Dreams. Fairies & Firelies is lighter, sweeter fare, but equally delightful. The seven stories share the adventures of the Wide Wild Field's inhabitants—a butterfly-fairy, some magical kittens, fireflies, and even a brownie. Story themes include: getting lost, making friends, finding your way in the world, discovering where you fit in, and letting go.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

From P
Andrea Holden
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
The writing style, sentence structure, text size, illustrations, and individual stories will appeal to a wide variety of age groups, I'd guess up to 7/8 years old. Prior to reading the book I decided not to read any reviews so I could form my own unbiased opinion. I began reading it with my 5 (soon to be 6) year old nephew. He did not interrupt me even once (as is usual when he's listening but not engaged). The stories are interlaced, taking place in the same area of a field but at different loc ...more
Alyson
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this as a goodreads giveaways promotional copy.

I received this today (8/29/14) and already have read the first 2 stories to my 4 year old son. Going just by those, it is great! He loves them and wants to play with Butterfly Fairy :) as an adult, they are still cute and enjoyable to read! No small accomplishment, creating a kids storybook that entertains noth the child and the parent!

The artwook is also adorable.

Update 9/26/14:

We have now read the whole thing, and it was very cute. Gre
Snik
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a Kindle version of this book for free on LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

This sweet story tells of the adventures of Butterfly-Fairy and her friends. This is definitely the kind of fairytale that both children and adults can enjoy. The story is not too simple and not too complicated. This is the first book by this author that I have read and I am looking forward to reading more.
Audrey
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A collection of cute stories appropriate for any bedtime. Unfortunately, that seemed to mean for me as well. While the stories lulled my babies to sleep, the repetitiveness of them lulled me there with them. My kids do give the thumbs up though, and they appreciated the illustrations.

*I received this book for free in exchange for
Sanjeda
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This collection of bedtime stories was nice. It's not stories of amazing adventures but lighthearted tales of acceptance and being happy to tell your kids just as they're going to sleep. I did like it and it definitely put me to sleep.
Melanti
A cute kids' story.

It's not quite an anthology as there's a thin narrative thread connecting all of the chapters but they're very episodic and stand-alone in nature, so they can easily be read individually.
Noelle Walsh
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was really sweet! It's full of these short bed time stories involving fairies and a wide, wide field. It was a nice refreshing change from what I normally read.
Greywynn
I received a First Reads copy. Thank you Goodreads and Becca Price. This is a creative and charming collection of stories that children will love.
Melissa
Eitan Mermelstein
Jul 06, 2018
P.J. O'Brien
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very whimsical and charming!
Ian R Barrick
  • Firework Boy
  • The Little Vampire Moves In
  • 47 Ronin
  • That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped
  • The Jumbies (The Jumbies #1)
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer Complete Edition
  • Luna, the Night Butterfly
  • Sister Emily's Lightship and Other Stories
  • The Gold-Threaded Dress
  • The Outspoken Princess and The Gentle Knight: A Treasury of Modern Fairy Tales
  • A Scaly Tale (Ripley's RBI, #1)
Becca lives in a small town in SE Michigan, on 10 acres of weeds, swamp, and trees with her husband, 2 children, and 3 cats. She writes fairy tales, fantasy for the younger set.

Thank you for leaving reviews here and on Amazon.