Start by marking “Zombie in Love 2 + 1” as Want to Read:
Zombie in Love 2 + 1

Zombie in Love 2 + 1

(Zombie in Love #2)

A new baby can be downright terrifying!

Mortimer and Mildred are thrilled to be new parents. But having a baby isn't what they expected. Sonny hardly ever cries. His teeth are coming in instead of falling out. And, worst of all, he's awake all day and sleeps through the night.

Mortimer and Mildred are worried sick. Will their precious baby boy ever behave like a good little
Published December 30th 2014 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Zombie in Love 2 + 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie in Love 2 + 1

Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mortimer and Mildred, being zombies, gets a baby on their doorsteps. A baby which is non-dead and an utter troublemaker.

And why not? His teeth are growing instead of falling out, he sleeps through the night and is awake throughout the day, he doesn't cry and always smiles. If that is not wrong to the zombie parents, then what is?

The baby was taken to the doctor who confirmed nothing has happened to the baby and said that both are lucky parents.

At this point, I imagined my wife and me taking ou
Carmen
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Recommended to Carmen by: New York Times Book Review
Mortimer and Mildred had a problem.

It wasn't a big problem.

It was a LITTLE problem.

Here we have the charming sequel to Zombie in Love, a book I highly recommend.

Now that Mortimer and Mildred are married - you know what that means! Time for baby! Well, not really. The undead are not able to reproduce. But Mildred and Mortimer awake one morning evening to find a (suspiciously pink) baby on their doorstep with a note pinned to his blanket. "Take me."

Confronted with unexpected parenthood, Mortimer a
Mariah Roze
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
My students LOVED this story! They thought the illustrations were hilarious and that the book was written similar to a graphic novel.
Abigail
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Monster Lovers / Children Who Enjoy Sweet but Gross Stories
Mortimer and Mildred, the zombie couple who met and fell in love in Zombie in Love , return in this second picture-book devoted to their adventures. When baby Sonny lands on their doorstep, the two are thrilled to be new parents, but find that this infant addition to their new family comes with a few challenges, from his penchant for sleeping at night, rather than during the day, and his quite infrequent crying. What are two monster parents to do...?

Publishers Weekly described author Kelly DiPu
Lata
More silliness as zombie + zombie partner experience the joy of having a very young person in their lives, disrupting their sleep.
Stacy Fetters
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
And now they have a child!! ♥

Kelly DiPucchio is one of my favorite children's authors. Her books bring us such joy at work.
Jason
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ridiculous. Zombies can't take care of babies. Generally accepted zombie lore indicates that zombies are completely mindless beings. If this was about witches or mummies or vampires or ghouls (which the mom even identified herself as) or pretty much everything else, fine. It still would only get two stars probably, because *yawn*, but at least it wouldn't be a story about a creature that by its very nature and definition does not have the capacity to do even the most basic tasks as delineated in ...more
sixthreezy
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Doesn't quite capture the magic of the first book, but still a fun children's book about zombies. At least the author knew which page was everyone's favorite from the last book, because we get three more big cheeses in 2+1.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This sequel to Zombie in Love is wonderful! A perfect companion to the first book.
Annie Watkins
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
That was the most wonderful thing in the entire world. It was super cute!
Emily Scheinman
Such a clever sequel! Great baby gift for new parents. Classic DiPucchio/Campbell humor!
Shiloah
Sadly, this book didn’t have much of point. I was sad about that. I think the idea had potential.
Kareena
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
Adorable and silly. The adults enjoyed it more than the kids, so many for elementary age? The preschoolers didn't love it. Very silly and fun.
Tegan
This is really cute. It was fun seeing them become parents to a human baby.
Matthew Winner
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Number three this week is a sequel. It's Zombie in Love 2+1 by Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by Scott Campbell. And this is published through Atheneum Books for Young Readers. In the first Zombie book we found that zombie found someone to love, a partner, a soulmate. And now, wouldn't you know, they have a baby. And there are so many wonderful puns in this book, including one of my favorite which is at the very end. The baby is playing with the father's nose and there, of course, is a line tha ...more
Jillian
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
At first I was ecstatic - a sequel to Zombie in Love! Hooray!

Then I thought about the logistics of a zombie couple having a baby.
O.o

o.O

And then I saw the first page - PHEW!

The book was cute, but not as cute as I wanted it to be. Maybe it's because I hope to be starting a family soon myself, but the panicking about normal, alive-child development didn't hit me right. I was hoping for the doctor to say "Well duh, your kid's ALIVE!" and give them advice on how to raise a non-undead child. But there
Jocelin
Ok, so it is nice to see that Zombie is "living" his HEA story in the sequel to Zombie in Love. The first book that I read in this series was a little creepy. Really this book can go either way: Valentine's Day or Halloween. Sometimes Valentine's can be as scary as Halloween. All the hanging hearts everywhere; it can be a bloodbath! It is nice to see that he is settling down with his wife and a new little "foundling".
The story is super cute, but this series is really an adult series that is dre
Pamela Stegink
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this book more each time I read it. I think this will be my new parent gift of the year. I love the tongue in cheek style writing with quotes like, "You know what, darling?"..."I think he has your nose!" The drawings are perfectly horrible too. I can't wait to share this with kids in early elementary. I think they'll love the humor too. Now I need to run over to my local book store to buy a copy of Zombies in Love, the original publication by Kelly DiPucchio.
Camille
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hmph. I don't want to label this a picture book, because I don't think of it as a picture book, but I guess it kind of is. This falls into a book category that is becoming more and more popular: Picture books for kids who are at chapter book reading level. I would recommend this to a 1st or 2nd grader. I haven't read the first book (Zombie in Love) but I bet that one falls into that category, too. I gave it two stars because it isn't to my liking, but I think 1st or 2nd graders would enjoy it.
Sandra Guerfi
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is the second book in the series and it's a laugh riot. The zombie couple have a new baby but somethings wrong. He's pink and bubbly and doesn't seem sleep when he should. They take him to the doctor who tells them he's a perfectly healthy baby but how can that be? Then one day baby starts to cry and when the parents hear him they realize he really is the perfect baby. Humorous look at having a new baby in the house.
Jill
May 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-fic
This was just all around strange for me. While I think there's probably preschool kids out there that would love a zombie book, I don't know that they'd get the juxtaposition of the worry the zombie parents exhibit when their baby does everything every parent hopes their baby will do. Maybe they won't care and the parents will surely get it, but I found it a bit exasperating.
Callie Rose Tyler
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Two zombies raise a non-zombie baby.

Plus, I'm so tired of these 'it's so hard to be a parent' picture books. Ugh! Vent somewhere else, and keep it out of children's picture books.
Monica
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, series
Liked this book! It was funny and quite accurate--all new parents feel like zombies at some point in the journey. Not so sure that it's a child's picture book, though. There's nothing offensive in it, but the humorous parts are definitely for the grown-ups.
Laura Giessler
Feb 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute book written from the zombies' point of view, but I think I underappreciate it because a) I'm not too up on zombie culture and b) I haven't read their other books like Zombie in Love. I did notice all the "dead" language and references, so that would be fun for kids to look for.
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
With the turn of each page my smile grew wider. Zombie in Love 2 + 1 puts a spin on the classic parental dilemma about what constitutes "normal" child development. The funky illustrations add to the book's engaging charm.
Mary
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one just as much as Zombie in Love. The punny book titles in the backgrounds were clever and fun.
Cassie
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Not going to lie, thought that the doctor was going to tell our zombie parents that their baby was a human. Oh well, still a really cute story.
Jenn C
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Just as funny as the first, though older kids (and parents) will get more out of it than the younger ones.
Stephanie
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was really quirky, but also gross, haha. I can see how some of my kids would really enjoy it anyway (Probably the one whose favorite movie is Coraline).
Gina
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Zombie parents take care of a normal child. Fun text and delightful, detailed illustrations will have children mesmerized if they have a fascination with the bizarre.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Peanut Butter & Brains: A Zombie Culinary Tale
  • Quit Calling Me a Monster!
  • Crankenstein
  • Zombelina
  • Mitchell Goes Bowling
  • Vampirina Ballerina Hosts a Sleepover
  • The New Small Person
  • Hoot Owl, Master of Disguise
  • Big Bad Bubble
  • Please, Mr. Panda
  • You Don't Want a Unicorn!
  • Who Wants a Hug?
  • Buddy and the Bunnies: In Don't Play with Your Food
  • Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance
  • My Toothbrush Is Missing (The Giggle Gang, #4)
  • I Don't Like Koala
  • Chicken Story Time
  • Lion vs. Rabbit
Kelly is the award-winning author of several children’s books, thousands of To-Do lists, and a few recipe cards. Two of her books, Grace For President and The Sandwich Swap, were New York Times bestsellers.

Like most kids who grew up in the 1970’s, Kelly had a pet goat and bought all her clothes from the Sears catalog. Like most teenagers who grew up in the 1980’s, Kelly had really big glasses and

Zombie in Love (2 books)