Start by marking “Eldridge's Release” as Want to Read:
Eldridge's Release

Eldridge's Release

(Club Rebellion #1)

Eldridge Cristoff worked hard and rarely played, always leery of letting himself go after the humiliation he suffered at the hands of his college boyfriend. Best friend Isabella Catana, submissive and lover of Johnson Petri, invited him to a night at an upscale BDSM club, Club Rebellion-owned and operated by Johnson and his trio of friends. All dominants.

Dalton Peters has
Published December 30th 2013 by Secret Cravings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eldridge's Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eldridge's Release

Cadiva
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come.

2.5*

This one didn't work for me at all unfortunately. It was a lot of tell and very little show. Outside of a shifter/true mate romance, this type of instalove needs some really clever plotting to make it work and for me, this one didn't have that.

Everything was on the surface and Eldridge and Dalton were in love within about 20 seconds of meeting each other! Okay, it wasn't quite that fast but the narrative really didn't justify that type of connection, especially within th
Pandora
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
This short narrative has no conflict. It is a sweet, erotic story that shows how a natural sub and a natural Dom come together as life partners. They experience immediate chemistry. Sub Eldridge confesses a bad experience in his past. Dom Dalton tenderly initiates him into BDSM and helps him get over it. They realize they are meant to be together.

The story does feature a smooth writing style, a consistent understanding of the BDSM lifestyle, nice luxurious descriptions of the BDSM club, and two
Jaime
So, first thing I need to say about this book is it is very much an Instalove Story with very little character background and really quick changes. If you don't mind that in a BDSM book where relationship building, trust, openness, and knowing each other is essential to the core elements of BDSM - Safe, Sane, and Consentual - then you may really enjoy this book. If on the other hand you have a problem with any of that, you may want to skip this book because it will probably leave you with a bad ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Interested in a quick read with some smexy m/m kink? New to me author Ms. Archer pens a short and sweet erotica with some sweet flogging. The characters are pretty easy to understand and a bit bland. Eldridge is a gay man whose been abused by his last lover so kink is not something he wants to try again. That is, until he meets delicious dominant, Dalton, courtesy of his bestie, Isabella.

This is a really short story so it is not surprising the character development is thin to non existent. This
Carra
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Eldridge’s Release was a very quick read for me, and it did present several characters that piqued my interest. This story, the first in the Club Rebellion series, focuses on Dalton and Eldridge. It is told from the point of view of both men, which already is a plus in my book. The minus that balances that out though for me was the short length of the book—it didn’t allow for enough time for true relationship development, or to see much more than the surface of the club and the characters.

I thou
Avid Reader
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eldridge's Release (Club Rebellion #1) by Evelise Archer
4 stars
M/M BDSM Romance
Triggers: Abusive relationship
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Eldridge is a successful trader by day. By night, he is lonely. His best friend is a sub at a private club and invites him to come one night. Eldridge hasn't had a great experience with his own desires and finding someone to help him fulfill them, so he's wary. But, he would never let his friend down and always kept his word. When
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a short, sexy and very enjoyable read. I would have happily read much about these two men, but it was a great story as it was, and as the first in a series, I can but hope that we meet them again in a future story line.

There is a good build up and background, and an enticing mix of BDSM and romance. Dalton is a man who has plenty of confidence, but a wonderful lack of arrogance. His attitude towards Eldridge and
Kris
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, wrrt
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads
m/m
bdsm
It's a quick and easy read that flows well. I found it a little formulaic or maybe just a bit standard issue storyline but the first spanking scene was deliciously hot! Eldridge having been in a bit of an abusive relationship with a prior boyfriend is anxious about trying BDSM again but he cant deny his tastes run a bit to the kinky side. Dalton is the Dom who hasn't had a steady sub in ages but instantly falls for this nai
Angie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was super short......but full of insta love and hot kinky sex. I really think this could have been 5 stars if it was a full length novel and there was more buildup and truat built between Dalton and Eldrige. We all know BDSM involves trust so for the instant love and trust in this book you just roll with it because the book in under 100 pages so things are moving fast. I did like both Dalton and El and then El's best friend and her man. I
Nic
Eldridge's Release is the story of how Eldridge, with encouragement from his best friend who is a submissive, goes to a BDSM club and meets the man who is perfect for him.

Eldridge has responsibilities and works hard but has no outlet for his natural desires. He has also been hurt in the past by an abusive boyfriend when he shared these desires.

Dalton is part owner of the club and Eldridge is immediately attracted to his dominant presence from very first sight... "Eldridge wanted to sit at the m
Cat
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
***Three Stars - InstaLove***

Eldridge is talked into visiting a BDSM club where his best friend Isabella will be with her dom, and he is immediately drawn to another dom. Dalton takes one look at the pretty new sub and knows he wants to get to know him. From there, things progress so quickly that the reader could end up with whiplash.

The plot was fairly straightforward, and the angst is super low. The book focuses solely on Dalton and Eldridge, which is a style I like. However, these two charact
Gigi
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-bdsm
A little too much insta-love, but if you can get past that, this was pretty hot! Sounds like the start of a series to me.
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Reviewed by Cindy

I’m not sure where to start with this review. I picked this book up because BDSM is a favorite genre of mine. I read it voraciously and so I’m always on the lookout for a good story.

The premise of this story is interesting and I think the author had good intentions but it just didn’t pan out for me.

Eldridge is a man who was treated horribly by a past lover and had every right to be reluctant to get back into the BDSM world.

Dalton is a Dom who’s never wanted a sub of his own befo
JenCW
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, bdsm
3.5 stars!

When Eldridge Cristoff's best friend Isabella convinces him to come to the BDSM club that her Dom co-owns, he never expected to meet a man he would be interested in. Dalton Peters, another co-owner of Club Rebellion, meets Eldridge and finds himself smitten for the first time. He wants to get to know the skittish, tense man. Eldridge knows that he is interested in being submissive, but an ex-boyfriend from years prior makes him wary of trying anything like it again. Thankfully, Dalton
Joyfully Jay
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

For Dalton Peters, an owner of the club, being set up to be introduced to (and probably babysit) Eldridge while the besotted couple goes off to play is nothing to look forward to. One look at the slender young man in front of him, however, and he knows he is lost. Dalton wants nothing more than to dominate the shy, skittish man; he wants to make Eldridge his. Given the way Eldrige’s hand lingers in his, the way the young man meets his eyes, hints that Eldridge is
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

When Eldridge/El agrees to go to the BDSM club to meet his bestie, Issy, and her husband, Johnson, he is a bit nervous. He has a good reason, his last foray into a kink left a bad taste in his mouth. When he joins Issy and Johnson, he is immediately drawn to the other man that is sitting with them. Dalton is one of the Masters in this club, and also happens to be one of Johnson's best friends. He knew when saw El, he was willing to give him a try, the only question is
Lora
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
2 1/2 out of 5 stars

Let me start by saying I usually love insta-love and that some authors can just bring it out in a way that makes it seem plausible. This one lacked enough character development to make me connect with either Eldridge or Dalton on a deeper level. It was also more sweet than sexy - despite the BDSM component. I felt like the characters were too quick to jump into things.

The writing itself was good, but I just lacked the connection I usually like to feel with this kind of book.
Dara Nelson
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
2.5 stars. I like instalove stories - as long as there’s character development and some amount of substance to make it believable. I mean, even love at first sight still has some growing pains as the people get to know each other. This one didn’t have any of that. It was just, boom, you’re the one for me and we are just perfect together. Where’s the angst? The point? Just something to help make me care. This just didn’t work for me.
Valerie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't normally read BDSM books unless there is a real connection with the characters involved, and while that wasn't missing in this book, there was a lot of narrative, which detracts from truly getting to know the characters. Especially when BDSM needs a lot of conversation, to begin with, it's missing when you get to know Eldridge and Dalton. Plus, the story is short and there isn't enough time to establish anything past the instant love Dalton and Eldridge feel for one another.
Ilona
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, erotic
Barb
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a love story between two men who want happiness and finally find it when they find each other. I fell in love with Eldridge and Dalton from the start and the more I found out about their story, the more and more I really loved both of them. If only all guys could be as tender and sweet as these two.

Eldridge wanted to be loved by someone who would be there for him forever but having a very bad experience in his past, he didn't believe there would be anyone he could ever trust. He wou
Gaele
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
All too often, stories with a BDSM component are overly wrought with angst and conflict, and then lose the emotional component that is one of the main reasons that I read these stories: I want to understand and feel the emotions to better understand the choices made by characters.

Here we have Eldridge, a natural-born sub that had bad experience years ago, and this has made him skittish. When he agrees to attend an evening at the local BDSM club, he meets and is instantly attracted to Dalton. Th
Antoinette
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A quick fun light read. While I enjoyed the story I felt it could have been fleshed out more. I understand instalove but because of Eldridge's past I expected him to be a little more reluctant. All in all I liked it. I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Eldridge's Release is the first book in the Club Rebellion series, but it almost feels like it should be book two. Although Johnson and Issy being together is what gets Eldridge to the Club, I would also love to hear more about them and how they got together.

Although this is mainly low-angst, Eldridge does have enough angst in his past to deal with. The relationship with Dalton moves at the speed of light, as is often the case in novellas. That does mean that there is not much in the way of char
Tina
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it

Dalton Peters has never collared his own sub nor had the desire until he met Eldridge. Dalton was immediately taken with the skittish man, deci
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

This book is perfect for anyone that likes a BDSM story that isn’t too hard-core.

Eldridge has acknowledged for many years that he has a submissive side but ever since an awful night with a man at college has been too afraid to ever act on his desires. At the insistence of his best friend he attends a local BDSM club and attracts the attention of one of the owners.

Dalton Peters is one of the three owners of Club Rebellion. They have made the club classy and success
Rachel
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book free for a honest review.

I enjoyed the story. I gave 3 stars but truly it was 3.5* for me. I had to ignore the whole trust and needing to know someone for the initial BDSM in this book. There was insta love and then a scene which didn't sit well with me. But then the rest of the book was very fast paced over a period of time where the trust could be built before further scenes were written about.
I enjoyed the book as a whole it was well written with low angst or no angst re
Jennie
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book but I really struggled with the insta love. From the moment Eldridge & Dalton met the feelings happen so fast. With Eldridge's past experience making him wary, opening right up to Dalton just didn't ring as true as I would have liked.

There was little angst and the BDSM wasn't hardcore. The story flowed quite well. I would have liked to see it be a little longer to have things fleshed out more.

Overall I did enjoy the story. It held my interest the whole way through. I wo
Tamara
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you like MM romance and BDSM Eldridge's Release is the book for you. I loved this story. Eldridge was a wonderful character, a strong and successful man in daily life who wants to be able to let go his control in his intimate life.
Dalton is an amazing Dom. Caring and loving. I liked all the supporting characters and can't wait for more from Club Rebellion.
The BDSM scenes are light, bondage, wax play and spanking/flogging mostly.
Evelise writes wonderful MM romance and I think Eldridge's Relea
Jessica Parsons
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
a good short m/m romance read with great characters ,has mainly light BDSM play bondage, wax play and spanking/flogging.

Eldridge was a strong person that needed to hand over control but had trust issues after a bad experience

Dalton, i love him, he was a great Dom, enjoyed the pace he set for everything and all the caring he did

Club Rebellion (2 books)
  • Veiled Dominance (Club Rebellion, #2)