Start by marking “Before You (Cassie and Ty #1; Sex on the Beach)” as Want to Read:
Before You (Cassie and Ty #1; Sex on the Beach)

Before You

(Cassie and Ty #1)

It’s all fun and games

I had a simple plan for spring break.

Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached.

A chance to get rid of this pesky virginity once and for all.

And when I met Tyler McKenna, I thought I had it made.

Until someone gets hurt

But then girls started turning up at Key West landmarks. Girls who looked like me, but with one crucial
Published March 4th 2014 (first published February 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Before You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before You

Start your review of Before You (Cassie and Ty #1; Sex on the Beach)
Jan 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Before You by Jenna Bennett is part of the Sex on the Beach multi-author series, the stories are linked by three main characters who have all gone on holiday together for spring break and who are looking for a little romance to go along with their sun, sand and cocktails. The characters spend most of their time apart going off and having their own adventures but they do meet up occasionally so you'll get glimpses of all three of them in each story. The books can be read in any order and they ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Key West, Spring Break Mystery Stars * * *

Before You by Jenna Bennett is part of the Sex on the Beach group of quick novels which all reference each other. They follow 3 best friends; women who are in college, all searching to have some fun during Spring Break in Key West. Each of these novellas can be read alone or in the order with this being the last.

As we have seen, all of the three girls have come to this Spring Break with a purpose...to put it bluntly ... to get laid. Now seems to be the
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Rating: 3.75/5

This third book in the Sex on the Beach series is written by Jenna Bennett and her writing merged perfectly with the two others, but I will admit that it wasn't my favourite story.

I liked the characters enough, but I wasn't rooting for them like I did with the two others. I felt like these two were more made to be friends than potential lovers.

The story is interesting though even if I had never expected that kind of storyline after
RO Mejia
My Take on this Journey:

Before You, by Jenna Bennett, part of The Sex on the Beach Series, is a wonderfully fast paced, intrigue-filled ride. I loved every second of it. Ms. Bennett does a great job intricately placing all the chess pieces on the board, crossing all the T's, and leaving the reader satisfied when it's all said and done.

Mackenzie Forbes, a Country Music Star on a getaway incognito, has to find a guy that won't sell her out for the top dollar he can get for an exclusive on her to
Allyson
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Jenna Bennett and Will not be my last. I absolutely loved this book. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. I even stayed up till 2 am finishing, knowing my toddler would be up before the sun. I have know read all three books in the Sex on the Beach series and have loved each one.

This was Cassie and Ty's Story. Out of the three friends that went to Key West, Cassie was the most serious. But at 21 decided it was past time lose her virginity. Each friend had met a guy
Jen
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
1.5 stars. I'll round it to two since since she did take the time to write the book and kudos to the author on that. I love to read books and have tons of respect to the authors who write them, because that I couldn't do.

I don't usually expect much depth from a novella. With that said I also didn't expect a detailed history of Key West complete with ghost stories. So much of the book was dedicated to this superfluous information that the story between Cassie and Ty couldn't possibly develop. In
Trish
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed by this book as part of this series. I would have liked the book as a stand-alone because then I wouldn't have had any expectations. Having read the other two books before this one I was expecting two things - 1. The main characters pov and her love interest's pov. 2. Chemistry.

I liked the main characters. I know that if we had two points of view the suspense about Ty wouldn't have existed, most people probably figured it out when he first met Cassie so it could have been
Sharon
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before You by Jenna Bennett is part of three books in the Sex on Beach Series. Cassandra Wilder are down in Key West on Spring Break looking for fun in the sun and to have a fling.

Cassie believes she finds her Spring Fling when she meets Tyler.

Tyler seems to be a little mysterious.

This story was great it was romance with a twist of suspense. As you read the story you maybe think one thing and in turn into something different.

I love Cassie she was sweet and wonderful character. I enjoyed Ty
Fiza
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, romance
4* out of 5*

series review coming up
Genoa Hartmann
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This sex on the beach series is super fun fluff and I love it all!
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Before You (Sex on the Beach) by Jenna Bennett

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 3 stars

Review:

Before You is one of the three books in the Sex On The Beach series. Jenna, Jennifer and Jen had a great idea and its shown in their books. Three friends and one spring break in Key West
Carie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked reading about Cassie--I enjoyed the mystery and, overall, I identified with Cassie a bit more than with the other two girls. I really liked her! I also appreciated that this book had much less focus on explicit sexual encounters--there was some sexual content, but it was more subdued, less graphic, and limited to one or two encounters. I also liked the way this story dovetailed with the other two and filled in a lot of the blanks.

But, despite what I liked, I was disappointed in a few
Bruce Curran
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read From Jenna Bennett

“Before You” is the story of two young adults, Cassie and Ty, and how they came to meet during Spring Break in Key West. Cassie is a young college student in Key West for Spring Break with two close friends. While twenty one, this is her first spring break and she is hoping to meet someone. When she draws the wrong sort of attention, she is drawn into a serious situation and takes an active part with the police in bringing a serial rapist to justice.

The
Veronica
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
WTF! This is not a romance book and definitely doesn't go with the series it's apart of. Readers beware!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

BEST. SPRING. BREAK. EVER.

description

Cassie is in Key West with her best friends Mackenzie & Quinn. While her friends are out on the town enjoying their flings, Cassie is sitting in a bar waiting for any possible flings to show up.
That's when she notices him.
Tyler...and his funny T-shirts

description

A super-sexy and sweet guy who doesn't seem to want to get her into bed - because after a bit of extreme flirting, by her, he only brings her to the door of her hotel room. Hm.

The next morning while out for a
Raquel
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, arc, new-adult, reviewed

I've loved the previous two Sex on the Beach novellas, but this one left a little bit to be desired... Cassie and Tyler's story is not like the rest. More than a romance story, Before You has a thriller/mystery aspect to it, and I'm not sure if it was because there wasn't much time (this is a short novella, after all) for development, but I just couldn't get past the first few chapters.

You'd think I'd be able to relate to Cassie's character on the count that we're both preacher's
Kristyn
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it

Cassie Wilder is a student at the University of Chicago on spring break in Key West. She is a virgin and had decided to get rid of it while on vacation. Being a virgin is a burden to her. It causes people to whisper about her and guys to avoid her. Luckily for her one of her best friends is America's Sweetheart and she has the means to put them up at a nice hotel and make their Spring Break amazing. On her second day in Key West Cassie catches the eye of handsome Ty McKenna. He seems to be
Miodrag ★❥
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 sex on the beach stars

Let's see, first book of the Sex on the Beach Anthology Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst, was ok to me, one nice book, then I read earlier today Between Us by Jen McLaughlin, second in the series, and God I loved this one, it was better than Beyond Me and now I've read Before You by Jenna Bennett and I'm absolutly shocked how good this book was.

I don't want to review it, because I couldn't do it without spilling all out, then it wouldn't be fun reading for others, I will
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
Love it! I have been a Jenna Bennett fan for some time, so I was delighted to get to read Before You in advance of it's release, especially since it falls into my favorite genre, romantic suspense. In spite of the series title this book is romantic as opposed to to steamy.

A 5 star recommendation in spite the 4 star rating!*

I fell in love with the book from the beginning even though it is NA and I am far from "new". I have found this category of books to be one that I can often related to, and
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Spring Break in Key West... time for debauchery, orgies, and lots of drinking. Time for excesses and feeling free of any and all responsibilities. That is normally what your average college student thinks of Spring Break. For Cassie, it is the time to leave her small town ways behind for a week and finally loose her virginity. Her best friends Mackenzie and Quinn leading the way, Cassie expected this week to be like no other in her life. How right she was!

This week in Key West would be unique. A
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 — 4.25 STARS!!!

FULL REVIEW: Clickety click ;) + CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH TY AND CASSIE HERE!

**ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

The first book I read off the series and W-O-W!!! The perfect blend of suspense, heart-racing romance and excitement. I loved the characters and despite the fast-paced trait of the novella, I loved the story itself and how it oozed mystery. Suspense and romance? Sign me up!

The characters were ah-may-zing.

Cassie was this quiet girl.
Brittany *** A Beautiful Book Obsession**
4.5 Stars!

Going to do this review a little differently than I do most.

To start my review, I want to just paste in exactly what I wrote to Jenna Bennett after finishing this book.

"Absolutely LOVED Before You!! Cassie and Ty were one of my all time favorite couples. The story was amazing and sucked me in right from the start. Ty, well let's just say I couldn't get enough of him." -Me

Yes, I loved this book! I know I have seen a lot of reviews talking about the lack of romance between the two
Lara
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
*Received an ARC for an honest review*
3.5 Stars

Cassie has one task given to her by her best friend - while on Spring Break in Key West...hook up with some hottie stranger and lose her V-card. Shouldn't be too hard until girls that look like her start to show up drugged and taken advantage of.

Cassie thinks she's met the perfect guy she can hook up with in Tyler but he's got secrets of his own. Suddenly she's thrown into a mystery where she appears to be the target. The one man she wants is the
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC Received for honest review

Before you is Cassie's story, and the one that I liked the least of the three. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, just not as much as the other two novellas.

Cassie meets the guy she thinks she can have her fling with, only to find out that he has a girlfriend back home, but he would love to be her friend.

Denied.

Tyler is cute and sexy, but also confusing as hell. Talk about mixed signals. He says he really likes her, but won't sleep with her. Poor Cassie doesn't
Rebecca
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Before You by Jenna Bennett is one of the three novellas in the Sex on the Beach collection. All three stories intersect one another. They follow three best friends who are on Spring Break down in Key West, Florida. While the other two texts in the collection center around being carefree and experiencing a week full of sex, Cassie's book has a more romantic suspense feel to it. Cassie's quest to lose her virginity leads her to Ty, and while they do hit it off, he keeps her at an arm's length, ...more
Kim
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Before I start this review, I have to be up front and say I don't read a lot of mystery books. I used to read mysteries almost exclusively while I was growing up, but I've moved away from that in recent years. That's not to say I don't enjoy a book with a hint of mystery – I often really do. While Before You can't fully be described as a mystery, I found that the mystery aspects of the book outweighed the romance and I was a little disappointed.
Roxanne Kade
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was extremely intrigued to read Cassie's story. Things were pretty vague with her in Beyond Me, and I wanted to know more about her and this mystery man who was making her so miserable.

I loved that this book was so very different from the others. More a mystery thriller than a romance, it was exciting and quite suspenseful. I was on the edge of my seat, wondering who the culprit was, and as the pieces started to fall into place I kind of had an inkling of who it was, but there was always that
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
A beautiful and short love stories that leave you begging for more.

Three standalone connected novels.

Three friends Cassie, Quinn and Mackenzie went on a summer vacation with one goal.

In Beyond Me we have the story of Quinn Harmon and James Hunt. These two are totally opposite. But that is always the best combination. Quinn is a nerdy girl, shy and hard worker. James likes to have good time, to party, to sleep around.

This book is for sure the hottest one in the series.

In Between Us we have the
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Cassie is on Spring Break looking for sun, sun and sex. Another one out of the 3 girls who came to Key West looking for some kind of fling. But Cassie does not know what she walked into.

Right away Cassie meet Ty. She is at a bar by herself (again not a good idea) where she meets Ty. She was not looking for anything besides a quick hook up. Their relationship could go in a more opposite direction.

Girls in the area are being drugged and raped. And the girls all look like Cassie. Where ever she
Monique Machuca-Austin
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
DETERMIND TO LOSE HER “V-CARD,” WILL CASSIE FALL VICTIM IN A SERIAL CRIME INSTEAD?

Before You is Cassandra “Cassie” and Tyler “Ty” story from the Sex on the Beach series.
Three best friends leave the University of Chicago to spend spring break in Key West with the plan to find a “Spring Break fling,” but they did not plan of the life changing experience each of one of them had. Each novella in the Sex on the Beach series tells each of their journeys.

Cassie is a virgin and she determined to lose
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Between Us (Mackenzie and Austin, #1)
  • Chasing Me (Quinn and James, #2)
  • Losing Us (Mackenzie and Austin, #2)
  • Beyond Me (Quinn and James, #1)
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)
  • Summer Seduction (Cruel Summer, #2)
  • Summer Heat (Cruel Summer, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Dirty Sexy Games (Dirty Games Duet, #2)
  • Show Me the Way (Fight for Me, #1)
  • Follow Me Back (Fight for Me, #2)
Jenna Bennett writes the USA Today bestselling Cutthroat Business mysteries featuring Southern Belle and new-minted real estate agent Savannah Martin in Nashville, Tennessee.

As Jennie Bentley, she writes the New York Times bestselling Do-It-Yourself Home Renovation mysteries from Berkley Prime Crime, featuring designer and amateur sleuth Avery Baker and her boyfriend, handyman Derek Ellis, who

Cassie and Ty (2 books)
  • Finding You (Cassie and Ty, #2)